X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

This one is for the humans.  

There is no such thing as "western" mo pai.  The only name that should be ascribed to this group is "foolish"  

The internal arts are humanities most ancient and protected treasure.  Do you think this group are the first batch in 2000 years to try and steal the teaching and  go it alone?  Were are they who have done what these men think they can/are doing?  They are nowhere to be found. I'll bet you can deduce why.  

What practices these helpless ignorant minority have gleaned are - AND THIS IS IMPORTANT- INCOMPLETE!

Because they are incomplete as well as unsupervised by an accomplished adept are all but guaranteed to cause injury.   The glaringly egoic and rigid negativity of the poster's energy in this thread should be sounding your alarms. 

TLDR

1) unrecognized bogus lineage 

2) incomplete dangerous practices

3) obviously and painfully unawakened promoter

Only a fool would participate with this group.  

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, qofq said:

This one is for the humans.  

There is no such thing as "western" mo pai.  The only name that should be ascribed to this group is "foolish"  

The internal arts are humanities most ancient and protected treasure.  Do you think this group are the first batch in 2000 years to try and steal the teaching and  go it alone?  Were are they who have done what these men think they can/are doing?  They are nowhere to be found. I'll bet you can deduce why.  

What practices these helpless ignorant minority have gleaned are - AND THIS IS IMPORTANT- INCOMPLETE!

Because they are incomplete as well as unsupervised by an accomplished adept are all but guaranteed to cause injury.   The glaringly egoic and rigid negativity of the poster's energy in this thread should be sounding your alarms. 

TLDR

1) unrecognized bogus lineage 

2) incomplete dangerous practices

3) obviously and painfully unawakened promoter

Only a fool would participate with this group.  

If having objective evidence with scientists and medical doctors present to rule out fraud is not important to you,  don't pursue MoPai.  

The only reason to pursue MoPai is that you require that level of objective evidence before you will pursue a system.

Moses and his gang lived up to 800-900 years. You can bet they had internal power like MoPai. Maybe they didn't teach it in the same way, or didn't know how a weakling of today should go about to get to that state of health but they sure knew some stuff. Just as an outside of MoPai/China/taoism/dragonballz example.

7 minutes ago, Arramu said:

Moses and his gang lived up to 800-900 years. You can bet they had internal power like MoPai. Maybe they didn't teach it in the same way, or didn't know how a weakling of today should go about to get to that state of health but they sure knew some stuff. Just as an outside of MoPai/China/taoism/dragonballz example.

Are you ready to buy that bridge I have up for sale?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, qofq said:

could you provide the abstract of the study?   

If you go back a thousand posts or so, you will find that there is no study. 

There are some filmed situations, probably more impressive than most in this area. 

And, if you go back to the latest years of Mo Pai threads,  discussions about those films, some books, and their implications in life. 

Sort of. 

1 minute ago, qofq said:

But the video is an edited and narrated (on behalf of the people actually participating) entertainment piece and not at all up to anything remotely considered a scientific standard.    Thought maybe there was an actual scientific study done.  Perhaps someone from the film would be willing to answer questions about that experience?  That would something, but still not enough for this skeptic.  

This video is so far from scientific method and the fact that such a video is put up when I asked for the a study abstract.... I don't even know...  

How are they not embarrassed by this?  

The narrative has changed over the years. It has gone from just evidence to scientific evidence and is now labeled as objective evidence that JC light up the LED.

Asking logical, well-thought out questions will result in nothing new. You will get the same old pre-recorded message played hundreds of time across the forums.

They simply do not care and will reiterate that they are looking for like-minded people who agree the video is enough evidence. I do not know about you, but I look for depth in a practice, not super powers that are commonly debunked and labeled as the trickery of circus sideshows.

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying Chang did not/does not have power as a result of his meditation practices. I am saying that many do not have power or chi and this is a poor advertisement for a practice that is supposed to stop the cycle of reincarnation.

• Like 1

This is not evidence as I was taught. 

This is a dokumented case story,  not even a pilot study and even less a study based on (clinical) physiology trying to prove that a specific training regimen gives a specific result. 

It neither proves nor disproves that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Are aware a small device can be attached to the body to create the same results?

Unless he was stripped down, examined and given clothes from the scientists any claim that this is scientific, objective or any other kind of proof is silly.

Edited by Jonesboy

1 hour ago, qofq said:

But the video is an edited and narrated (on behalf of the people actually participating) entertainment piece and not at all up to anything remotely considered a scientific standard.    Thought maybe there was an actual scientific study done.  Perhaps someone from the film would be willing to answer questions about that experience?  That would something, but still not enough for this skeptic.  

This video is so far from scientific method and the fact that such a video is put up when I asked for the a study abstract.... I don't even know...  

How are they not embarrassed by this?  

qofq,

Like I said if you are not interested in objective evidence with scientists and medical doctors present to rule out fraud, then you shouldn't pursue MoPai. 

We do know that John lit the LED, that he was stripped to his shirt and underwear, checked for metal, gave a demo, and then was taken to a random location the team of scientists and medical doctors chose for another demo.

We don't know if the team missed some device, or if there was some other trickery at play.

I feel it is reasonable to conclude the team did the best they could to rule out such fraud if you disagree that is fine.

If this isn't enough for you, don't pursue MoPai.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

The narrative has changed over the years. It has gone from just evidence to scientific evidence and is now labeled as objective evidence that JC light up the LED.

Asking logical, well-thought out questions will result in nothing new. You will get the same old pre-recorded message played hundreds of time across the forums.

They simply do not care and will reiterate that they are looking for like-minded people who agree the video is enough evidence. I do not know about you, but I look for depth in a practice, not super powers that are commonly debunked and labeled as the trickery of circus sideshows.

DISCLAIMER: I am not saying Chang did not/does not have power as a result of his meditation practices. I am saying that many do not have power or chi and this is a poor advertisement for a practice that is supposed to stop the cycle of reincarnation.

If you choose to believe that's what this is, then don't pursue MoPai.

Best wishes.

47 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Are aware a small device can be attached to the body to create the same results?

Unless he was stripped down, examined and given clothes from the scientists any claim that this is scientific, objective or any other kind of proof is silly.

Jonesboy,

John was stripped to a shirt and underwear, by a team of scientists and medical doctors, and then checked for metal with a metal detector before his demo. 

They went even further to take him to a random location they chose to rule out any external devices on the property.

If you wish to believe they missed some device, perhaps inside a body cavity, or some other trickery that is certainly fine.

3 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

qofq,

Like I said if are not interested in objective evidence with scientists and medical doctors present to rule out fraud, then you shouldn't pursue MoPai. 

We do know that John lit the LED, that he was stripped to his shirt and underwear, checked for metal, gave a demo, and then was taken to a random location the team of scientists and medical doctors chose for another demo.

If this isn't enough for you, don't pursue MoPai.

An honest question for you.

Do you have a link the findings from the scientists that were there?

1 minute ago, Jonesboy said:

2 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

The video is less than 2 minutes.  I get the feeling you are refusing to watch it because your mind is already made up.

Just now, Ilovecoffee said:

That is a video not the write up of the findings from the scientists you keep mentioning as proof. Where is there write up agreeing with you?

Just now, Jonesboy said:

That is a video not the write up of the findings from the scientists you keep mentioning as proof. Where is there write up agreeing with you?

If what you see with your own eyes isn't good enough, it isn't good enough.

That's all you are going to get.

1 minute ago, Ilovecoffee said:

The video is less than 2 minutes.  I get the feeling you are refusing to watch it because your mind is already made up.

I have watched it. Why does he need his shirt on? A device between his shoulder blades would work.

Also he was taken to a room to light up an led. I have shown you how lighting one up is normal everyday science.

Just now, Jonesboy said:

I have watched it. Why does he need his shirt on? A device between his shoulder blades would work.

Also he was taken to a room to light up an led. I have shown you how lighting one up is normal everyday science.

Yes, if you choose to believe a device was missed in their search that is what you choose to believe.

7 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

If what you see with your own eyes isn't good enough, it isn't good enough.

That's all you are going to get.

If you can't or won't post the scientific findings  then stop talking about him being in a room with them as proof.

Show what they really thought.

Edited by Jonesboy

Just now, Jonesboy said:

If you can't or won't post the scientific finds then stop talking about him being in a room with them as proof.

Show what they really thought.

Jonesboy,

Unfortunately that is not an option. 

We present the best objective evidence we have, with a team of scientists and medical doctors present to rule out fraud.

We invite others who accept this evidence to come see for themselves.

That's the best we can do. 

If you are convinced it's a hoax, don't pursue it.