Marblehead

Defining the Left and Right

13 minutes ago, Aetherous said:

So true (Trump is actually very centrist or even liberal in his opinions)...but there is still the fact that people on the left and right think and operate in completely different ways.

For instance, a liberal friend showed me an article about a year ago which claimed that conservatives are more fear based because their amygdalas are significantly larger than in liberals.

At least that was the conclusion of that article. I also wonder about the fact that the amygdalas of diagnosed psychopaths are significantly smaller compared to the normal person...

Anyway...people are all different. It's no wonder Sarah Silverman is a liberal, given her demeanor. Conservatives don't behave like that. There's a reason beyond simply choosing a side.

I've read people discuss the mixed qualities of people Trump has picked for various positions, spanning across the spectrum. However, it seems that his interest isn't the political ideology of whoever he wants to work with, but more that he wants others to work for him without questioning or steering him.

Many people do think and live according to left/right paradigm, but the consequences of that are the sociopolitical circumstances we still currently live with. I'm less interested in such individuals than the people who are genuinely at an advantage through their control of the dialectic.

One example of the latter would be the Skull and Bones fraternity. It's a detailed history, I won't go into all that immediately. Take the 2004 election though, Bush and Kerry both Bonesmen. Secretary of the Treasury Mnuchin is also a Bonesman. I believe he is at the tail end of the membership lists that were leaked to Antony C. Sutton, so unless more leaks happen people may not be aware who is one when they are in such positions. I've read a lot of people saying Trump will do this and that to change the status quo of entrenchment in politics. So why is Mnuchin Secretary of the Treasury?

Skull and Bones go back to the 1830s, potentially older if giving consideration to European groups they claim lineage to, but Freemasonry goes back further and was very involved in the founding of the US. Their use of the Jachin and Boaz pillars to illustrate the polarity of mercy and severity resembles a lot of the qualities embodied in the political dialect of the US.

It's pretty systematic, everyday people have long been pawns to it. I want to say more but I have some prior engagements to attend to for an hour or more so I have to cut this short unfortunately.

• Like 1

What I see here is the error of putting politcal groups/persons in strict categories/boxes in which the categories being discussed here are in no way equal as put forth by several posters here. Further, given the penchant of a few here to claim that Lao Tzu was idealizing a conservative government gives more weight to conservative politics than liberal politics. Lao Tzu was a philosopher and in no way should be deified as some have a need to. 

A couple of problems I have with the current right wing;

The incessant desire of deregulation so that corporate interests/profit take precedent over such areas as safe drinking water, toxic fly ash coal slurry piles, mercury pollution from coal fired power plants, mining/drilling in Utah (Bears Ear), the recent move to mine uranium on the SE rim of the Grand Canyon above the Little Colorado, drilling around Carlsbad and Chaco Canyon. This primate destructiveness is not part of a limited small government, but human greed and stupidity as expressed by out of control corporate greed.

10 minutes ago, CityHermit! said:

I've read people discuss the mixed qualities of people Trump has picked for various positions, spanning across the spectrum. However, it seems that his interest isn't the political ideology of whoever he wants to work with, but more that he wants others to work for him without questioning or steering him.

Many people do think and live according to left/right paradigm, but the consequences of that are the sociopolitical circumstances we still currently live with. I'm less interested in such individuals than the people who are genuinely at an advantage through their control of the dialectic.

One example of the latter would be the Skull and Bones fraternity. It's a detailed history, I won't go into all that immediately. Take the 2004 election though, Bush and Kerry both Bonesmen. Secretary of the Treasury Mnuchin is also a Bonesman. I believe he is at the tail end of the membership lists that were leaked to Antony C. Sutton, so unless more leaks happen people may not be aware who is one when they are in such positions. I've read a lot of people saying Trump will do this and that to change the status quo of entrenchment in politics. So why is Mnuchin Secretary of the Treasury?

Skull and Bones go back to the 1830s, potentially older if giving consideration to European groups they claim lineage to, but Freemasonry goes back further and was very involved in the founding of the US. Their use of the Jachin and Boaz pillars to illustrate the polarity of mercy and severity resembles a lot of the qualities embodied in the political dialect of the US.

It's pretty systematic, everyday people have long been pawns to it. I want to say more but I have some prior engagements to attend to for an hour or more so I have to cut this short unfortunately.

Just a brief response regarding Trump. He demands loyalty for himself and has no comprehension that his administration serves the country and not him.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ralis said:

What I see here is the error of putting politcal groups/persons in strict categories/boxes in which the categories being discussed here are in no way equal as put forth by several posters here. Further, given the penchant of a few here to claim that Lao Tzu was idealizing a conservative government gives more weight to conservative politics than liberal politics. Lao Tzu was a philosopher and in no way should be deified as some have a need to. 

A couple of problems I have with the current right wing;

The incessant desire of deregulation so that corporate interests/profit take precedent over such areas as safe drinking water, toxic fly ash coal slurry piles, mercury pollution from coal fired power plants, mining/drilling in Utah (Bears Ear), the recent move to mine uranium on the SE rim of the Grand Canyon above the Little Colorado, drilling around Carlsbad and Chaco Canyon. This primate destructiveness is not part of a limited small government, but human greed and stupidity as expressed by out of control corporate greed.

greed knows no creed

https://therealbackstory.com/index.php?post/Dear-Nancy-Pelosi

Dear Nancy Pelosi:

Your name is on an FBI, GAO and Senate Ethics Committee list, from the ongoing DNC leaks, as a suspect in the corruption which involved the embezzlement of tens of billions of taxpayer dollars. Now you can redeem your name and family legacy by sponsoring something that will change the course of American history. Please consider sponsoring the public lawsuits (Much like Peter Thiel sponsored the Gawker Media terminations).

Each and every person who financed and profited from the case (which CBS News 60 Minutes calls: “The Cleantech Crash”) is being sued personally and in a RICO-statute group under conspiracy laws. Please contribute to this worthy effort on behalf of your family and the 300 million families across America who lost out from these crimes.

John Doerr, Eric Schmidt, Elon Musk, Larry Page, Steve Spinner, Steve Westly, and their little Cartel, really ruined it for all of the non-corrupt billionaires. Now those guys, and every Richster on the DNC leaks is getting every single asset, investment portfolio holding, off-shore tax evasion outlet, family trust fund, shell company and illicit money hiding placed tracked, documented, cross-referenced and reported to every news outlet and law enforcement agency. The Silicon Valley Cartel really screwed this one up. Let’s shut the Doerr/Schmidt/Musk/Page corruption down so we can all get back to other things.

Most of us are Democrats who personally witnessed these crimes, have been to parties at your homes and dated your friends. We are saddened by these dirty apples in the bunch who committed these crimes. This case has nothing to do with ideologies or Democrats Vs. Republicans. It is 100% about felony organized crime and law enforcement.

This is a trillion dollar-plus political corruption case which abused taxpayers nation-wide and the public policy system over-all.

- The victims demand justice and restitution for the fraud, harassment and interference they suffered. These citizens must be compensated for the malicious, proven, retribution tactics, lies, toxic poisonings, vendetta cut-offs of all government benefits, vendetta cut-offs of all employment and revenue sources, interference, "missing hard drives" and interdiction efforts conducted, with applicants own tax dollars, against the applicants. Neither they, their families, staff and associates will rest until justice prevails.

- The public demands the arrest of the corrupt.

- Justice demands resolution or the repercussions will only continue to accelerate and amplify.

This crime continues to this day. The cover-ups continue to this day. The attacks on the victims and losses by the victims continue to this day.

Senators Reid and Feinstein, White House staff and Dept. of Energy executives had insider trading deals with Silicon Valley tech billionaires. They used Google and Gawker Media to attack witnesses, destroy competitors and rig the news in their favor while exploiting illicit mining and stock market crony corruption deals. The only "Green" thing they were interested in was the cash! They had "hard-wired" the DOE money, in advance, for the campaign financiers and simply used/defrauded the non-crony applicants as a smoke-screen to hide their scam while monopolizing markets in a scheme agreed to with Rahm Emanual, David Axelrod, David Plouffe and their Cartel. Google and Tesla engaged in stock market fraud, commodity market rigging and public information manipulation.

Through over-whelming transparency and evidence aggregation, this project seeks to document the crimes, on public record, on a permanent basis; and, without breaking a single law, terminate the corrupt and their corruption. It is the intent of the victims to, either, sue each and every suspect or acquire resolution from the government agencies involved.

Please do your part to help right these wrongs. Thank you. This is NOT a political issue. This is a law enforcement issue.

Thank you.

---------------

HOW THEIR CRIMES WORK:

Here is one of the key processes under which these crimes were operated:

1. Senator gets bribe from Company X.

2. Senator’s spouse or daughter buys covert stock in Company X and the suppliers of Company X via Goldman Sachs, et al.

2. Senator makes law or exclusive ruling to give Company X exclusive cash and taxpayer resources.

3. Company X makes “campaign contribution” to Senator as a follow-up bribe.

4. Company X has Goldman Sachs use free government cash to “pump-and-dump” Company X stocks which Senator, Governor, DOE and Obama staff covertly own. Senator, DOE execs and Obama execs make billions in windfall profits via Google’s PR hype of the stock. (Of course, none of this is reported to the FEC and the SEC)

5. Senator and DOE staff black-list and sabotage Company X competitors from receiving the same benefits or competing with Company X.

6. As soon as the crooks get all of their skims, they bankrupt Company X and make even more profits off of the dead Company X by filing “Tax Loss” filings and take another windfall.

7. DOE, IG, FBI and DOJ refuse to investigate the crime and run cover-ups because some of their bosses own stock in Company X and the suppliers of Company X.

8. Wash, Rinse Repeat and they go out and do it all over again.

----------------------

WHO IS THE SILICON VALLEY MAFIA?

The Sandhill Road Venture Capital frat boy company bosses in Palo Alto, their National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) partners and the tech companies (Google, Tesla, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.) they control. They are sometimes referred to as "The Deep State". They have purchased California, New York and Washington, DC politicians (mostly Senators) who they also control.

They hire rogue ex-intelligence agents to operate Fusion GPS, Gawker/Gizmodo, Black Cube, ShareBlue, New America, In-Q-Tel, Podesta Group, Media Matters, etc. massive media attack programs against competitors, reporters and outsiders. They collude on black-lists, valuation controls, election manipulation, search engine rigging, domestic spying for political manipulation, stock rigging, insider trading, executive prostitute clubs, trophy wife assignments, the bribery of politicians and worse.

They are felons who pay politicians to halt investigations and interdiction efforts. They are widely covered in news media articles as: 'sex abusers, cult enthusiasts, elitists, rapists, woman beaters, probiosis abusers, sexual work extortion operators, extremists, arrogant clones of each other, tone deaf, echo-chamber reinforcing, misogynist, racist, manipulative, insecure, covertly gay, corrupt, thieves' and other anti-social revelations.

They are not limited to California and also operate out of New York and Washington DC. They use their monopolistic control of the internet to massively and exclusively scale services that only they control and use to abuse the public's privacy, human rights and information. They run their cartel like the old Italian Mafia once did.

Edited by joeblast

1 hour ago, ralis said:

There is a lot to unpack here, and frankly I don't have the desire to investigate this litany of items. The gist of it seems to be "the right wing hates the environment." Am I wrong in my inference?

It's really not that simple. For every policy that "saves the environment" there is a cost. For every policy that "destroys the environment" there is a cost. Politics is all about cost/benefit. The problems arise when the people who benefit are not the ones paying the price, and vice versa. That is an area that can be debated, but it must first be acknowledged that there is a cost.

• Like 1

Each side's very essential nature by definition; relies in large part on the nature of its opposite. 

The two are one to me... far more similarities in behavior and function than dissimilarities.

Not separate parties, but two extreme expressions of one unified process... politics.

The more extreme the expressions of each, the more similar they appear in their manner of speaking with one another, the seeming inablity to listen to any ideas not instantly familiar with one's native desires... and fierce protectiveness of dogmatic conceptual models that are vigorously defended, or used as an excuse for justified outright attacks on 'the other side'.

Each of the extremes seem to embody a fierce certainty that is rivaled only in the realm of religion as far as I've experienced.  Certainty is the death of growth and communication.  The full cup cannot engage in conversation

summed up in this simple, angry affirmation:

We are not Them!

Left and Right define themselves in large part by not being what their other is... yet that very defining unifies the two into one spectrum. 

My take on verse 2 of the tao:  

As high defines low,
difficult defines easy,
sound requires silence.

Relative to self,
mind creates a position,
perceptions arise.

Mind of perception,
exists in fields of conflict,
self against other.

Having and losing
are forever together,
always rise with fall.

Always opposites,
reflecting in their other;
the truth within form.

Beyond perception,
opposites experienced,
as unified bliss.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

Take the 2004 election though, Bush and Kerry both Bonesmen.

Yes, that was quite the spectacle. I personally think that should never happen in US politics (two Brothers of a secret society, especially one so small, running against each other only).

5 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

Secretary of the Treasury Mnuchin is also a Bonesman.

Interesting, I didn't hear that until now!

I tend to not have so much fear regarding secret societies (especially not the Freemasons); although Skull and Bones do have a lot of influential world players, I really think a lot about Skull and Bones has to do with selecting people who are already destined for bigger and better things, and it's really just a Yale networking club. The ones who were doing good at Yale get a leg up from other members who are doing good in the world, or give the others a leg up.

A more realistic way to think about them: it could be that Mnuchin got into his position due to the good old boy network. It could also be that he legitimately earned his way there. I think for Skull and Bones, it could go either way. And once in that position in the world, the person has to earn their stay in that position...basically, I think of it more as meritocracy type networking and less of it being like the good old boy networking.

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:53 PM, Aetherous said:

Yes, that was quite the spectacle. I personally think that should never happen in US politics (two Brothers of a secret society, especially one so small, running against each other only).

Interesting, I didn't hear that until now!

I tend to not have so much fear regarding secret societies (especially not the Freemasons); although Skull and Bones do have a lot of influential world players, I really think a lot about Skull and Bones has to do with selecting people who are already destined for bigger and better things, and it's really just a Yale networking club. The ones who were doing good at Yale get a leg up from other members who are doing good in the world, or give the others a leg up.

A more realistic way to think about them: it could be that Mnuchin got into his position due to the good old boy network. It could also be that he legitimately earned his way there. I think for Skull and Bones, it could go either way. And once in that position in the world, the person has to earn their stay in that position...basically, I think of it more as meritocracy type networking and less of it being like the good old boy networking.

I don't worry about them either, and yes they are apt at networking. That in itself I don't think is bad, but eventually it comes down to at whose expense. I almost went that direction in life and am thankful I did not.

True story, a few years ago I worked with a guy and we traded stories back and forth sometimes about family and he would tell me about an uncle of his. I guess this guy was a major player in law in D.C., worked for the Bush administration. One time he was reading through my Sutton book and as he was looking at the S&B membership lists he suddenly said, holy shit that's my uncle. I thought, small world. I've had a complicated legal issue that has been ongoing for more than a couple years. I had already consulted and hired other firms but they didn't really get good results in my view. I thought why not try my coworker's uncle, couldn't hurt to try. It turns out he was affiliated with that Kasowitz law firm, and I didn't know their relation to Trump at the time. I sent an email but didn't receive a response. Maybe it was defunct for all I knew. In any case, one week later there was that media fiasco with Kasowitz himself. Does anyone remember that? I had a good laugh.

Edited by CityHermit!
typo

Anyway, I don't mean to steer off topic towards personal experiences but there are some things I'd like to point out. For one, the left-right dichotomy in the US tends to obscure the role of the center. I don't know the current statistics exactly but I recall that something like a 1/3 or less of the (voting?) populace is steadfastly one party or the other. That leaves another 1/3 or more that are more or less independent. I think some other countries are more oblivious to that than Americans, but that's sort of another matter best delved into elsewhere. The point is that trying to divide the US, or foment civil conflict, on the basis of left-right dichotomy is a faulty strategy. Its faulty for a number of reasons, including that more than enough people don't care enough to gravitate towards left or right. Another is geography, there's not as clearly defined territory as one might think and the borders are so blurry in the event a civil conflict would occur.

Secondly, the idea of the dialectic was not meant to be applied just domestically but also in international affairs as well. There is a rich history of US sponsored regimes and regime changes in the 20th century. Many of these can be in some way linked to same figures mentioned above. Example being the role of the Bush family, Sr. and Jr. being Bonesmen, in the CIA who was the spearhead of many of these developments. I won't go into all those details right now, there are many countries this happened to and it was often in the context of the Cold War so that the dialectic between Capitalism and Communism can be observed here. There's more to that I'll get to in a moment. Part of more recent examples though, as far as the regime building and changing goes and it's role in the dialectic, would be that of Iraq and Iran. The rise of the Baath in Iraq was one case of said regime change, the Shah of Iran was another. After the Shah was gone and when Iraq and Iran were at odds in the 80s, both sides were aided in some way by the US. More specifically aided by elements within the US that have a history of doing these things. There's a lot more details but I want to get to something else.

Many of the regime building and changing examples of the Cold War belie how further back the dialectic goes. Antony C. Sutton in his Wall Street series describes how this took place for both Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union, that these regimes were essentially built by US and European entities for their role in the dialectic. There were many elements to this, networking, financing, etc. but very key is the role of dual use technology transfers. Dual use refers to the capacity of a good or technology to be applied for both civilian and military purposes. Sutton devoted a lot more research on this to the Soviet Union especially, and got his academic career killed for it. Before the Wall Street series, he wrote the series Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development. This series breaks down chronological periods and the dual use technology transfers and other sorts of "investments" being made during them. He later summarized this work in a later book The Best Enemy Money Can Buy. The Wall Street series, Best Enemy Money Can Buy, and another book America's Secret Establishment, can all be found and read freely online. The Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development series I don't believe is freely available like that although I haven't checked in a while. I do own hardcopies of all these books.

Now, America's Secret Establishment was a later work. It may have been the last one, I forget, and it was a culmination of analysis of the networks behind the dual use technology transfers, the regime building of Nazi Germany and Soviet Union, etc. and adds further insights of some other elements such as education and psychology which is especially interesting in the context of other topics I will get to another time. The thing about America's Secret Establishment is that it also was an expose on the Skull and Bones, the premier one as far as I am aware.

There is a passage in that book I'd like to share to discuss. Here is a link to the text that can be searched through with greater ease:

https://archive.org/stream/AmericasSecretEstablishmentAntonyC.Sutton/America's secret establishment - Antony C. Sutton_djvu.txt

Please examine Memorandum Number Five, The New Dialectic - Angola and China. It begins by essentially and more elaborately repeating parts what I wrote above. Notice also what is said about debt and keep that in mind in reference to US-China relations today. The parts about Angola were contextual to the events when the book was written and at the time everything else about China may not have been so apparent. The section on China is brief but significant. Here there is also a reference to Bush Sr., again Bonesman, as U.S. Ambassador the United Nations, expanding ties beyond that of the CIA although his directorship with that was a little later. Note the mentioning of Taiwan too. 

Please note this passage as well:

"This is not the place to tell the whole story of American involvement in China. It began with Wall Street
intervention into the Sun Yat Sen revolution of 1911 - a story not yet publicly recorded."

Now, since this book was written and especially since Antony C. Sutton's death in 2002, China rose in a manner that is consistent with Sutton's analysis and forecasting. Of course, this rise was made possible through dual use technology transfers. One, although possibly indirect, example I would suggest would be Qian Xuesen. I'm sure some here know who that is, whom he was connected with, etc., and regarding such I'll leave it at that for the moment.

Now, as I said, dual use technology transfers and, as Sutton described, debt. Think about the roles of these two things and how that has played out in reality over the past many decades. As for current events, the whole trade war thing with China that Trump has been getting into, has anyone else noticed reports and articles describing issues involving intellectual property? Less mentioned is that of dual use technology transfers, but there have been articles talking about it.

One more thing. Who recently led the delegation to China to address these trade issues?

So in summary, one can see how a centrist and independent force can dominate both left and right. So why bother with wings? Can't fly with just one.

• Like 1

Oh and before I forget, what of Hegel's views on Daoism and the I Ching? Ironic! Hilarious!

Edited by CityHermit!
adding a word

8 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

So in summary, one can see how a centrist and independent force can dominate both left and right. So why bother with wings? Can't fly with just one.

but you can still land safely, if you're skilled enough ;)

1 hour ago, joeblast said:

but you can still land safely, if you're skilled enough ;)

I should have forgone analogies and let facts speak for themselves. In any case I know how hard it is for some to accept them.

when on the internet, you simply have to assume that analogies used will promptly get taken past their intended range of applicability as the initial tire-kick :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, joeblast said:

when on the internet, you simply have to assume that analogies used will promptly get taken past their intended range of applicability as the initial tire-kick :lol:

Maybe. But being direct is easy too. You a glper?

Good Laboratory Practice?  Yes, even when doing an accelerated crystallization of a super saturated solution! 

Seriously though, no idea what a glper is.

Just now, joeblast said:

Good Laboratory Practice?  Yes, even when doing an accelerated crystallization of a super saturated solution! 

Seriously though, no idea what a glper is.

Do you mean that? You'd feel at home there. But in any case, I've never encountered an honest conspiracy theorist.

45 minutes ago, CityHermit! said:

Do you mean that? You'd feel at home there. But in any case, I've never encountered an honest conspiracy theorist.

lol sounds like you need to shut the tv off, get out and experience the world a little bit.

I'm quite honest, it does a theory no good to ignore contrary data, its simply illogical.  the only requirement for data is that it be truthful and unmolested.  propaganda networks seem to have a difficult time with that one, though.

yes I meant that, I have no idea what glp is...urbandictionary didnt help either, I dont have a problem with getting laid potential  :lol:

1 hour ago, CityHermit! said:
1 hour ago, joeblast said:

Maybe. But being direct is easy too. You a glper?

GLP = Grand Ole Party, i.e. Republicans

Yes, I am, and I am happy to discuss, among many subjects, the differences between the left and the right. One primary difference between the left and right is the use of language. Since the left owns the media, entertainment, educational institutions, and most large city governments, it feels quite comfortable managing the narrative. One way it does that is by demonizing its opponents. Case in point: you chose to say "You a glper?" - the not so subtle implication being that a "glper" is something to avoid, hence derogatory. You have shown your hand. You have exposed your bias. I take no issue with you having a bias, we all do - but since us "glper's" are forced to constantly defend our positions we understand our own bias as well as yours. I suspect you cannot say the same.

The left is the first foot that moves forward when instructed to "Forward March".  If you have moved the right foot forward first then the right is wrong.

9 hours ago, joeblast said:

lol sounds like you need to shut the tv off, get out and experience the world a little bit.

I'm quite honest, it does a theory no good to ignore contrary data, its simply illogical.  the only requirement for data is that it be truthful and unmolested.  propaganda networks seem to have a difficult time with that one, though.

yes I meant that, I have no idea what glp is...urbandictionary didnt help either, I dont have a problem with getting laid potential  :lol:

I don't watch tv, I'm outdoors a lot and in general out and about all the time. If I'm home I usually training or studying or have guests rather than laze about. It's too bad you had to interpret what I say in a manner to be offended by it, it's not my problem either way.

In any case it is a site with right leaning views, so you would feel at home there. However, it also has a legacy as a conspiracy theory site and their disclaimer is to not be believe a word on the site or something to that effect, so you would have to watch out for many dishonest people. I've studied the general conspiracy theory realm going on a couple of decades, I know what's in it and can say with accuracy it's full of dishonesty.