Marblehead

Defining the Left and Right

1 hour ago, Trunk said:

@liminal_luke

you have missed the point. Everything good is on the right. And everything bad is on the left. If you can’t agree to that basic premise then  you will get no agreement  from those on the right at this point.

Touche!  :D

That does seem to be the point, doesn`t it?

To be fair, I`ve also heard people make the opposite point (though not so much lately): that everything good is on the left, and everything bad on the right.  Between you and me, this alternative point seems way more defensible, though I try to avoid saying so in mixed company.  Usually I say something more concilatory like "there`s good and bad on both sides" or "nobody has a monopoly on the Truth."

I recently noticed and clicked on an icon at the top of my Daobums screen called "Clubs."  (Has it always been there and I`m just now getting around to seeing it?)  Anyways, my computer took me to a page informing me that I didn`t belong to any clubs.  I didn`t need a computer to give me that unfortunate news.  No clubs, really?  Tell me something I don`t know.  

Lately the Trump Talk thread has gotten a little clubby, or at least it feels that way to me.  I picture the people on the Right getting together for coffee and donuts.  These gatherings feature an inordinate amount of back patting as members take turns gleefully disparaging the fools on the "left."  I know it`s wrong, but I`m tempted to sneak inside just for the comaraderie and apple fritters.  I wish I smoked just so I could stand outside the door sharing a cig with Marblehead and the other nicotine rebels.  We leftists could form our own club, of course.  We could talk just as disparagingly about the right-wing fools, of whom there are, arguably, many.  But for some reason it feels to me like we haven`t, at least not here.  Who would of guessed that Trump would attract so many flag-waving interal alchemists, so many America-First non-dualists?  (Not me.)

One thing I`ve always admired about the spiritual views you`ve shared online is your emphasis on the center.  You seem more acquinted than most with the clear neutral light emanating from that central place, a good thing if you ask me because I think that`s exactly what`s necessary here.  We need to get beyond right and left.  Beyond the petty name calling and the I`m-right-you-re wrong mentality that messes everyone up.  There`s a place in the center that blows all this pettiness away.  It`s where I`m aiming for.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

I recently noticed and clicked on an icon at the top of my Daobums screen called "Clubs."  (Has it always been there and I`m just now getting around to seeing it?)  Anyways, my computer took me to a page informing me that I didn`t belong to any clubs.  I didn`t need a computer to give me that unfortunate news.  No clubs, really?  Tell me something I don`t know.  

The Clubs is relatively new.  I don't know if it is actually functional yet.  And true, if you aren't invited into the club then you wouldn't be able to see what was going on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trunk said:

oh, the irony!

The GOP has to really ask themselves, why is it that pedophiles, convicts, racists, bigots, Neo-Nazis are all choosing to run as Republicans. Worse yet, they are actually mounting credible campaigns and getting support. It should worry any Republican left with an iota of decency.

The cognitive dissonance is so thick, you need to be a neutrino or order to pass through it!

1dedf0fcc199c55515b59671c14554e03763e8ca
ccf9cb65501639285f447bf0dd1a81c828e90d0b
bbc761a52f36a5d0f6509e4dda17b2463f84bdbe
70f92f67abf4fe63d88d7b054f244f5fad240ae6
31e3914cd8215476216fabb2cbd7397122f5b1e5
cab23b4579b96305bf66d43aaf52589bd59b915e

f9074403c68ba016ecfa88f9d677f6bd0076ff72

df58b97fd5c2b79630a43693e21c4fdde9a938ad

1 hour ago, Trunk said:

@liminal_luke

you have missed the point. Everything good is on the right. And everything bad is on the left. If you can’t agree to that basic premise then  you will get no agreement  from those on the right at this point.

oh the eye roll-ee!

maybe project a little harder there trunk...you arent failing quite hard enough at it yet

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trunk said:

@liminal_luke

I reckon it's hard to shake sardonic attitudes and energies. I am sorry you feel that way. Your choosing to close your mind and ignore half of your fellow countrymen and women. Your continued shaming tactic of implying that those on the right lack any level of human decency borders on pathetic and as a tactic, it is sadly weak. If I didn't care, I wouldn't bother to type this. Ain't no righties around my neck of the woods patting each other on the back. We're concerned and alarmed at the level of danger that is charging the atmosphere. Very sobering to say the least. I've missed the point entirely. If I had free will, I would smugly stay neutral, crawl in my cubby hole, and wait for the dust to settle. Chances are it's not going to work like that, and we will all be under the sway necessitated by antecedent events and conditions together with the laws of nature. Even the higher achieving Internal Alchemists will be at significant risk. When I read the classics or talked with teachers, never once was the question posed; was I a righty or lefty. You assume that compassion and decency are exclusive to the left? Give me a break.

divide & conquer.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Who would of guessed that Trump would attract so many flag-waving interal alchemists, so many America-First non-dualists?  (Not me.)

Its precisely because many of us have done enough homework to know how bad the rot really is, or have some appreciable concept of how deep the rabbit hole goes.  We remember the Franklin case, we remember the pedos in high places getting swept under the rug in the 80s, and again in the 90s.  We watched the gov butcher people in waco and ruby ridge, we watched our "intelligence" wreak havoc all over the globe in our name.  We watched them pump and dump financials, give themselves otherworldly deals, and their friends, too.  We watched the Clintons take Bush's intelligence abuses to a more brazen and personal level - we watched the media keep enough hush hush, we watched them re-use the term concocted in the after math of the "kennedy assassination" - "conspiracy theorist" - for having the audacity to question stories that dont add up.  We watched the deep state get biggier and start the larger warmongering plan beginning with the grand vaporization of 911 and the eternal war on eastasia's terror.  Obama's tenure took the money laundering to a whole nother level, which unfortunately for them wasnt as clandestine or robust as the way BushCheney & Co stole a 240 billion dollar illicit investment leftover from the Iran Contra stuff that came maturation on 9/12, and in the "mess," all of the clearings that were paid out, nobody had to account for them.  The world's more connected these days, and....this reminds me of that scene in True Romance..."and your son, fuckhead that he is, leaves his driver's license in the dead guy's hands"....there's a trail of everything that Hillary and Obama did. 

These assholes are finally going to burn, and they are burning by Trump's hand.  So fuckin A I'm cheering Trump on, you betcha.  Look at the big monies that are speaking like crazy against him.  All dirty as fk.

This aint about left or right.  This is about treason, this is about MFers selling out the country for their own personal gain.  This is about is being a purposeful happening to weaken the country so that The Internationalists may have their one world government.

They recorded so much of their dirty deeds, because everyone was spying on everyone, they let other countries spy on us just so that we could spy on them, and everyone keeps everyone in check, the connected get to make their dirty deals and profit like insanity from it.

MAGA=MEGA....this is world wide.  I really, really hope they take it to the house and go all the way and end the scourge called Central Banking, and restore the original constitution here, seeing as we havent used it since the civil war started.  But those ones are long shots at best....the only thing we know for sure right now, is that the traitor network is going DAYY-OWWWWWWN ;)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, zerostao said:

When I read the classics or talked with teachers, never once was the question posed; was I a righty or lefty. You assume that compassion and decency are exclusive to the left? Give me a break.

divide & conquer.jpg

Perhaps we can agree that compassion and the desire for a better world (including a "greater" USA) is widely shared across the political spectrum.  Take the issue of illegal immigration, for instance.  I believe that RedCairo wants strong borders out of her sense of compassion -- compassion for blue collar workers who are unfairly pushed out of jobs when there`s a great influx of illegal immigration in an area.  Conversely, many people who favor "sanctuary cities" and the like do so out of their sense of compassion, compassion for the illegal immigrants.  Two different political views, both motivated by compassion.

This is the message I take from your chess graphic.

11 minutes ago, joeblast said:

Its precisely because many of us have done enough homework to know how bad the rot really is, or have some appreciable concept of how deep the rabbit hole goes. 

I`m open to the posibility that this is exactly right.  Certainly things aren`t as they seem-- they very rarely are.  So far the sky hasn`t fallen with the Trump presidency.  Here`s hoping it never does.  Here`s hoping that my impression from watching Trump video is totally mistaken and that he`s doing great things.  Like Karen once said, America is already great.  If Trump is truly making it greater, I`m all for it. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Trunk said:

@liminal_luke

problem is, the left says it in reverse... so it is a wash on having any meaning from either side. 

1 hour ago, liminal_luke said:

Perhaps we can agree that compassion and the desire for a better world (including a "greater" USA) is widely shared across the political spectrum.  Take the issue of illegal immigration, for instance.  I believe that RedCairo wants strong borders out of her sense of compassion -- compassion for blue collar workers who are unfairly pushed out of jobs when there`s a great influx of illegal immigration in an area.  Conversely, many people who favor "sanctuary cities" and the like do so out of their sense of compassion, compassion for the illegal immigrants.  Two different political views, both motivated by compassion.

This is the message I take from your chess graphic.

I am delighted that you were able to find a meaning that is useful for you from the graphic.

1 minute ago, zerostao said:

I am delighted that you were able to find a meaning that is useful for you from the graphic.

Does the meaning I got share any resemblance to the meaning your intended?

The receiver of the message/signal/symbol always assigns meaning. :)

Once the sender sends it---it's out of the senders hands.

39 minutes ago, zerostao said:

The receiver of the message/signal/symbol always assigns meaning. :)

Once the sender sends it---it's out of the senders hands.

Perhaps.  I haven`t thought about it deeply.  The meaning I attach to these last few posts (perhaps wrongly?!) is that I did not receive the message you intended.  That seems unfortunate to me.  I would of preferred to understand you better.  :unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zerostao said:

The Lefties lost a good one. Rust belt pro labor. He was not the type to back down.

https://www.eurweb.com/2018/07/former-msnbc-host-and-progressive-ed-shultz-is-dead-at-64/

He lost his job at msnbc because he had tough questions for HRC.

What, they had to whack him because he wasnt the same spittle ridden, mouth breathing 1000% biased leftist once he was at RT?  :rolleyes: 

Any chance he suicided himself with a red sash, on a door handle, like the others? :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, zerostao said:

divide & conquer.jpg

OK, so maybe I was a little slow yesterday.

My present understanding of the graphic: The top mucky-mucks of both right and left only appear to be opposed to each other.  Actually, they are united against the "little guy."

This hypotheisis intrigues me, and I hope, Zerostao, that you as delighted as before with the new thoughts  your illustration provokes in my mind.  

• Like 1

Good article.  Pretty sound thoughts.

Edit to add:

Oh, sorry.  I'm not a lefty.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

OK, so maybe I was a little slow yesterday.

My present understanding of the graphic: The top mucky-mucks of both right and left only appear to be opposed to each other.  Actually, they are united against the "little guy."

This hypotheisis intrigues me, and I hope, Zerostao, that you as delighted as before with the new thoughts  your illustration provokes in my mind.  

Slow is fine; If my bagua is slow, it is still bagua. I have new delights. The same thing happens to me all the time. I can read something and assign meaning to it, read the same piece at a later time and find another meaning. When I gain experience my understanding moves. This is why some pieces of literature are repeatedly presented to students to sharpen their critical thinking skills. The classics of literature are classic because they are timeless and speak to the human condition. Rabelais, Cervantes, each read leads to higher understanding. At first, Rabelais may come off as crude in every way, and the reader turned off, missing out on a true renaissance Humanist, thoughtful, gentle and one who gives the very marrow of high truth to the diligent reader (uttered by a character that was a complete idiot).  A student that read and having aced O'Connor, Poe, Faulkner in high school might struggle with it in grad school. If we're reading and analyzing poetry, well that is dealing with heady stuff and at the gate of metaphysical.  Langauge is magical in that it lends itself to the receiver's contemplations and understanding. Sometimes it isn't even what the author chose to include rather what the author chose to leave out, like a Hemingway iceberg. You only see 10% and have to figure out the other 90%. I marvel over Frankenstein: A Modern Prometheus written by eighteen-year-old Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley. It's easy to overthink some things too. Something written simply and straight forward can have multiple meanings. And that isn't even accounting for ambiguity. It's the same with Daoist classics; we see it all the time here on TDB. Countless new members arrive with the same message; they want Daoist skills and power, they expect to read the classics written by committed sincere lifelong experienced adepts and presto, the skills and powers can be theirs. Really though they are not even that, they come here expecting to ask for the most powerful system, because they don't have time for second best, and they expect some bum to hand it right to them. Like any of us even knows, well.... 99.9% of these newcomers don't hang out with us a month, take the time to read any of the old gold threads here, or try and get to know any of us. By golly, they know what they want, and they want it now when that doesn't go per their plan quickly enough they insult us by calling us fakes or whatever. They will never know what power is. And that's the way it should be, whether it should or shouldn't be, some might question. Regardless, that's the way it is. Luke, it's a journey, every step matters. Chew slowly and savor the taste. I can't tell anyone what sugar tastes like. Explore yourself.

• Like 2

The talent pool is deep; there are several excellent candidates for Trump's next SCOTUS nominee.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-meets-scotus-nominees-sources/story?id=56330233

Trump says he will hit a home run with his pick. He could do that with a few of these Justices.

It isn't often that I get excited over a SCOTUS nominee.

add> We need the 462 words that stand guard between citizen and tyranny restored to original.

Edited by zerostao

I'm only curious as to how "Christian Conservative" the one selected is.  I'm not sure if Trump feels he still own that group of Republicans something more.

Wanted to reflect on this moment.

gorusch.jpg

And Trump may go with a Woman for his second Justice, we'll find out Monday. Someone who understands the 462 words that stand guard between the citizen and tyranny is Thomas Hardiman & it would be good to have a justice that is not Ivy League included.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Marblehead said:

I'm only curious as to how "Christian Conservative" the one selected is.  I'm not sure if Trump feels he still own that group of Republicans something more.

I think that group is pretty much sold on Trump. Solid.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2018 at 7:30 PM, joeblast said:

oh, the irony!

The cognitive dissonance is so thick, you need to be a neutrino or order to pass through it!

1dedf0fcc199c55515b59671c14554e03763e8ca
ccf9cb65501639285f447bf0dd1a81c828e90d0b
bbc761a52f36a5d0f6509e4dda17b2463f84bdbe
70f92f67abf4fe63d88d7b054f244f5fad240ae6
31e3914cd8215476216fabb2cbd7397122f5b1e5
cab23b4579b96305bf66d43aaf52589bd59b915e

f9074403c68ba016ecfa88f9d677f6bd0076ff72

df58b97fd5c2b79630a43693e21c4fdde9a938ad

oh the eye roll-ee!

maybe project a little harder there trunk...you arent failing quite hard enough at it yet

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/12/popcorn_harvey_weinstein_and_michael_moore_go_at_it_over_a_hatetrump_movie.html

2.jpg