Marblehead

Defining the Left and Right

Yeah, they don't even realize that they are doing the same thing they are protesting against.  I would normally call that being a hypocrite but in this case I would suggest that they are totally clueless and mechanically inspired by anyone who says anything illogical.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, ilumairen said:

Ocasio-Cortez claims she can't afford DC apartment, but records show she has at least $15,000 in savings

She should stay with Dianne Feinstein or Maxine Waters. I'm sure both of those women would happily help a young woman out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Read yesterday on some news site that someone has offered her free lodging in DC until she starts drawing her pay checks.

She is not in need.  

1 minute ago, Marblehead said:

She is not in need.

No. In fact, some magnanimous, Republican congresswoman should offer her space in her home or apartment until she can get on her feet. Do this before a Democratic congresswoman does. It's a PR move, "reaching across the aisle" and such.

• Like 2

I came across this article in an unrelated search today. Thanks, google. 

20181115_152449.thumb.jpg.fb608d68218e940ceb889ab2183ed6f2.jpg

Yin and Yang are sometimes identified with female and male principles which function someways in opposition, but are really complementary functions. Though it goes unnoticed, the US political system is very well aligned to these yin-yang principles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aetherous said:

Liberals feel justified being rude to anyone who doesn't "think" like them.

And that's sad because it are they who are thinking they are presenting an example to be followed by others.

• Like 1

Consider for a second how easily the left calls people "racist", "neo-nazi", "xenophobe", "antisemitic", etc, without evidence and without truly meaning it. They use these previously-meaningful words simply to describe others they don't see eye to eye with...and only sometimes are using the terms accurately.

Now consider this: 

They're deplatforming people who sow "division"...how can they not see the hypocrisy in that?

• Like 4

What is Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y smoking ???  B)

"the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change."  :o

This is what the Dem's think is thoughtful representation of the future of the party :huh:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:19 AM, Aetherous said:

Consider for a second how easily the left calls people "racist", "neo-nazi", "xenophobe", "antisemitic", etc, without evidence and without truly meaning it. They use these previously-meaningful words simply to describe others they don't see eye to eye with...and only sometimes are using the terms accurately.

Now consider this: 

They're deplatforming people who sow "division"...how can they not see the hypocrisy in that?

He is a prime of example of why corporations need to be neutered. Corporations especially the ones like this who have wormed their way into everyday life have no business dictating morality.

They have gotten into the realm of religion now and with the influence they wield over congress it is dangerous. Cook In my opinion has done absolutely nothing other than ride the huge wave of momentum Steve Jobs created.

Under this clown

1.Apple has ceased to be innovative and just dribbles out incremental design changes and copies others.

2. Apple has focused on creating more and more cheaply built devices, removing ports and features from it's flagship products. No way Jobs would have approved of a phrase like oh the device is bendable within design limits your warped over priced iPad is perfectly fine as is your bent iPhone because we say so. No way Jobs would have permitted software to purposely hamstring older hardware and make it run slower and consume more battery power. It was only after allot of pressure they took those purposely incorporated features out. Yeah preach morality to someone else ya old lady!

3.Apple has focused on making devices ir-repairable. Apple has also practice blocking perfectly functioning older devices from operating in their own ecology. 

4.Apple has focused on profit by charging more and delivering less in the hand.

5. Apple has now made the mistakes of suing their partners and now their partners qualcomm who were solely making the 4G Modem has told them they will not do business with them. https://www.digitaltrends.com/business/apple-vs-qualcomm-news/

7. Cook has ceaselessly played the moral crusader I guess because he is gay and thinks that makes him more fit to decide what is right and wrong? I guess he thinks reminding the public he is gay gives him street-cred?  That he is somehow more sensitive? Please this guy is a corporate rapist out for the almighty buck and would throw anyone under a bus to maximize profits,  what an actor.

8. Apple publicly stated yeah you know the $3,000.00 MAC PRO's we have been selling, well yeah we were not putting any effort into them and they are behind what you can get elsewhere but hey keep drinking the Cook Koolaid because we have a new version you can spend $5,000.00 on and feel good about because we put effort into this one.

9. They are careless and dangerous, the new Apple AirPods put out continuous RF without fluctuation that is just as great as a High Range Wireless router far greater than a cell phone and worse because they are worn in the ears essentially in the skull the effects are magnified. Apple are you freaking kidding me?!?airport.jpg

https://macintoshhowto.com/hardware/extreme-emf-exposure-from-apple-airpods.html

No Thanks!

Yeah no love for Cook here and suspect once the Tremendous Momentum of the Visionary Steve Jobs runs out they will be in trouble once again. Time and position in history was on their side and Cook has done a good job as a corporate guy maximizing profits but he was lucky and the luck is running out. He is crooked and the crook is starting to get seen for what he is. Morality please Cook's business practices have shown me his morality, no thanks.

I miss Steve Jobs he was purported to be a Tyrant who ceaselessly demanded perfection but he was also one of us part of the Spiritual community and he did care about what he put out.

The only book ever downloaded on Steve Jobs iPad 2 was Autobiography of a Yogi (By Paramahansa Yogananda of the Kriya Yoga tradition) https://www.businessinsider.com/the-only-book-steve-jobs-downloaded-to-his-ipad-2011-10

According to Steve Jobs This was the most important book in his life. It shows Steve Jobs was all about integrity, innovation and design and would never ever have pulled the crap this Morally bankrupt Cook has and is doing nor try to shape public religion.

Edited by Pilgrim
Better explain danger of AirPods
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not a fan of apple, do agree with an informative well written post. As noted there are many other corporations similar in nature very limited in the freedoms they expouse in function.

Edited by windwalker
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

I miss Steve Jobs he was purported to be a Tyrant who ceaselessly demanded perfection

Yes, from what I've read, he was a true asshole.

"Without consulting with its users, Microsoft has installed an establishment media browser extension, purportedly designed to rate the accuracy of news websites, as a default extension on mobile versions of its Edge browser.

In practice, it creates a news blacklist by warning users away from sites including Breitbart News, The Drudge Report, and the Daily Mail."

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/01/23/microsoft-teams-with-establishment-newsguard-to-create-news-blacklist/

not just apple  

8 hours ago, windwalker said:

"Without consulting with its users, Microsoft has installed an establishment media browser extension, purportedly designed to rate the accuracy of news websites, as a default extension on mobile versions of its Edge browser.

In practice, it creates a news blacklist by warning users away from sites including Breitbart News, The Drudge Report, and the Daily Mail."

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/01/23/microsoft-teams-with-establishment-newsguard-to-create-news-blacklist/

not just apple  

Not just Apple is correct!

It is all of them. Microsoft is one of the worst. They have taken all of the worst aspects of Google, Amazon, Adobe, Facebook and Apple and rolled them into one.

Software as a subscription service,  do the math you pay big time and the so called improvements for the office suite alone are not worth it.

Fact you can run a perpetual license for between 6 and 10 years on average, heck I still see office 2003 being used quite well.

in that period of time subscription software will cost you thousands not hundreds.

Subscription software is ransomware. Autocad suites cost thousands of dollars annually. It is rediculous.

Just make sure to click the privacy button.  What a load of shit!

Thank god we have uneducated ineffectual septegenarian morons in congress  looking into things.

Edited by Pilgrim

On 11/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, Aetherous said:

Liberals feel justified being rude to anyone who doesn't "think" like them.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/may/27/why-are-liberals-rude-to-republicans?CMP=share_btn_tw

i think you mean "feel" like them.

They will throw any amount of money necissary towards Ideals that align with their feelings and heart even if that money mostly gets swindled and perpetuates the suffering of the upper middle and lower class. 

the left seem baffling everytime I see one of them speak something...  

VA Lt Government Fairfax called on the FBI to investigate the allegations against him for sexual assault...  :huh:

Ah... those are state laws , not federal ones.  how do these folks get voted in if they don't know a state vs federal law  ;)