Marblehead

Defining the Left and Right

It does not matter to me if people take me seriously. I have stated my opinion no need to start another thread IMO.

Life does not mean entitlement to someone else's labor. There is no labor in giving other humans medical attention. In tribes the doctor is not paid and loves to help the other tribe members. It is called compassion.

There's no labor in providing healthcare?!? Thought your world was factual?

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains, is there also a right to universal housing and universal clothing and universal transportation and universal shampoo and universal toothpaste and universal TV and universal Internet and universal jewelry and universal mascara and universal steak & lobster?

There's no labor in providing healthcare?!? Thought your world was factual?

In the Big Rock Candy Mountains, is there also a right to universal housing and universal clothing and universal transportation and universal shampoo and universal toothpaste and universal TV and universal Internet and universal jewelry and universal mascara and universal steak & lobster?

This is what I talk about with the right. They use condescending language instead of just talking. The earth and its inhabitants are not big rock candy mountain. Humans are social animals and healthcare is inherent.

Parents and others heal and nurture the ill FOR FREE all the time. Within the limits of their capabilities. This is natural this is real it is called healthcare. It is an inherent human right given freely all the time.

The other things you spoke of are not necessary so therefore there is no need for them to be a right.

Now the steak and lobster is food and yes we have a right to eat. That is natural.

In my world and in many others currently around the world people go out and hunt and fish and gather fruit and vegetables FOR FREE. It is the natural way of the world until the right (individualists) conned people and robbed them of their freedoms.

This is what I talk about with the right. They use condescending language instead of just talking. The earth and its inhabitants are not big rock candy mountain. Humans are social animals and healthcare is inherent.

Parents and others heal and nurture the ill FOR FREE all the time. Within the limits of their capabilities. This is natural this is real it is called healthcare. It is an inherent human right given freely all the time.

The other things you spoke of are not necessary so therefore there is no need for them to be a right.

Now the steak and lobster is food and yes we have a right to eat. That is natural.

In my world and in many others currently around the world people go out and hunt and fish and gather fruit and vegetables FOR FREE. It is the natural way of the world until the right (individualists) conned people and robbed them of their freedoms.

Is that what you do? You go out and hunt and fish and gather fruit and vegetables in the woods? You and your family forage in the forest and sleep on the ground wherever you happen to be when night comes?

You expect doctors and nurses and radiologists (to name just a few) to do the same while simultaneously providing free healthcare? Where will the supplies and equipment they use come from???

Housing and clothing aren't necessary? Curious.

Healthcare workers (who, apparently, don't actually do any work?) don't need toothpaste so none should be provided?

Reasonable responsibility?

Being reasonable? Responsible?

Not at The Dao Bums, we all have come to love.

They aren't any fun are they?

Reasonable behavior and or responsibilities = no fun.

• Like 1

A Conflict of Visions Paperback – 1 Apr 1988

by Thomas Sowell  (Author)

Controversies in politics arise from many sources, but the conflicts that endure for generations or centuries show a remarkably consistent pattern. In this classic work, Thomas Sowell analyzes this pattern. He describes the two competing visions that shape our debates about the nature of reason, justice, equality, and power: the constrained vision, which sees human nature as unchanging and selfish, and the unconstrained vision, in which human nature is malleable and perfectible. A Conflict of Visions offers a convincing case that ethical and policy disputes circle around the disparity between both outlooks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Conflict-Visions-Thomas-Sowell/dp/0688079512/ref=sr_1_23?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1487169124&sr=1-23&keywords=thomas+sowell

I think Thomas Sowell's book gives a good analysis of the two camps of left and right in the 'constrained' and 'unconstrained' vision.

• Like 2

Investigating Vote Fraud: What Are Dems Worried About?

If I thought election fraud was not a major problem but those who disagreed with me believed it was, wanted a thorough investigation, and wanted to see reasonable measures put in place to help reduce the possibility in future elections, I would agree that it at least has the potential to be a very big problem and would agree that it was worth exploring. My eyebrows raise, therefore, and my antennae extend when I see people opposed to such an exploration.

FWIW:

india-voter-id.jpg

Yikes and when do you need an ID for the voter ID when does it stop? We have drivers license and SS cards that is plenty enough of oppression and robbing of freedom.

Yeah I need to go register for yet another ID that will cost me time and money which is what the oppressive right wing is real good at.

Yikes and when do you need an ID for the voter ID when does it stop? We have drivers license and SS cards that is plenty enough of oppression and robbing of freedom.

Yeah I need to go register for yet another ID that will cost me time and money which is what the oppressive right wing is real good at.

Do you present your drivers license or Social Security card as proof of identity when you vote???

Yep, that oppressive right wing legacy of Gandhi is clearly freedom-robbing, isn't it? I mean, the nerve of those Indians discriminating against themselves by expecting elections to be honest! Obviously, they are racist and hate brown people -- I mean, just LOOK at that photo!^^^ Don't see any blue-eyed blondes being forced to stand in line and show ID, do you?

Do you present your drivers license or Social Security card as proof of identity when you vote???

Yes drivers license. So therefore we do not need yet another ID.

Also to note Drivers license can faked you know fake ID's

Now people can have 5 voter ID tags LMFAO.

Just more nonsense from the right wing wanting to track people instead of giving them liberty. How our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves with the lack of liberty.

Yes drivers license. So therefore we do not need yet another ID.

Also to note Drivers license can faked you know fake ID's

Now people can have 5 voter ID tags LMFAO.

Just more nonsense from the right wing wanting to track people instead of giving them liberty. How our founding fathers must be rolling in their graves with the lack of liberty.

Ohio law requires that every voter, upon appearing at the polling place to vote on Election Day, must announce his or her full name and current address and provide proof of identity.

The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on Election Day include

•An unexpired Ohio driver’s license or state identification card with present or former address so long as the voter’s present residential address is printed in the official list of registered voters for that precinct;

•A military identification;

•A photo identification that was issued by the United States government or the State of Ohio, that contains the voter’s name and current address and that has an expiration date that has not passed;

•An original or copy of a current utility bill with the voter’s name and present address;

•An original or copy of a current bank statement with the voter’s name and present address;

•An original or copy of a current government check with the voter’s name and present address;

•An original or copy of a current paycheck with the voter’s name and present address; or

•An original or copy of a current other government document (other than a notice of voter registration mailed by a board of elections) that shows the voter’s name and present address.

For utility bills, bank statements, government checks, paychecks, and other government documents, “current” is defined as within the last 12 months. “Utility bill” includes a cell phone bill. “Other government document” includes license renewal and other notices, fishing and marine equipment operator’s license, court papers, or grade reports or transcripts. “Government office” includes any local (including county, city, township, school district and village), state or federal (United States) government office, branch, agency, commission, public college or university or public community college, whether or not in Ohio.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...

Provisional ballots: If you do not have any of the above forms of identification you may provide either your Ohio driver’s license or state identification number (which begins with two letters followed by six numbers) or the last four digits of your Social Security number and cast a provisional ballot. Once the information is reviewed and verified by the board of elections, your ballot will be counted.

If you do not provide one of the above documents or your driver’s license/state identification number or the last four digits of your Social Security number at the precinct, you will still be able to vote using a provisional ballot. However, in order for that ballot to be counted, you must return to the board of elections no later than seven days following Election Day to provide a qualifying form of identification.

Seems outrageously oppressive, huh? And there's no way someone who isn't a citizen could get a copy of... oh... a cell phone bill, right?

Edited by Brian

Unbelievable.

Right winger: I want no I demand smaller government.

Left winger: Really? But you want voter ID's

Right winger: Yes we need them to stop voter fraud.

Left winger: That is nice that you will add more bureaucracy and make government larger instead of reducing government? Someone has to make and oversee these ID's

Wow unbelievable.

Ohio law requires that every voter, upon appearing at the polling place to vote on Election Day, must announce his or her full name and current address and provide proof of identity.

The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on Election Day include

•An unexpired Ohio driver’s license or state identification card with present or former address so long as the voter’s present residential address is printed in the official list of registered voters for that precinct;

•A military identification;

•A photo identification that was issued by the United States government or the State of Ohio, that contains the voter’s name and current address and that has an expiration date that has not passed;

•An original or copy of a current utility bill with the voter’s name and present address;

•An original or copy of a current bank statement with the voter’s name and present address;

•An original or copy of a current government check with the voter’s name and present address;

•An original or copy of a current paycheck with the voter’s name and present address; or

•An original or copy of a current other government document (other than a notice of voter registration mailed by a board of elections) that shows the voter’s name and present address.

For utility bills, bank statements, government checks, paychecks, and other government documents, “current” is defined as within the last 12 months. “Utility bill” includes a cell phone bill. “Other government document” includes license renewal and other notices, fishing and marine equipment operator’s license, court papers, or grade reports or transcripts. “Government office” includes any local (including county, city, township, school district and village), state or federal (United States) government office, branch, agency, commission, public college or university or public community college, whether or not in Ohio.

EDIT: Forgot to mention...

Provisional ballots: If you do not have any of the above forms of identification you may provide either your Ohio driver’s license or state identification number (which begins with two letters followed by six numbers) or the last four digits of your Social Security number and cast a provisional ballot. Once the information is reviewed and verified by the board of elections, your ballot will be counted.

If you do not provide one of the above documents or your driver’s license/state identification number or the last four digits of your Social Security number at the precinct, you will still be able to vote using a provisional ballot. However, in order for that ballot to be counted, you must return to the board of elections no later than seven days following Election Day to provide a qualifying form of identification.

a violation of liberty that makes me sick.

a violation of liberty that makes me sick.

But you don't believe in liberty, you believe in oligarchical collectivism -- remember?

But you don't believe in liberty, you believe in oligarchical collectivism -- remember?

Bwahahahahahaha.

Here lets get this straight so you cannot mischaracterize my stance.

You keep trying to put me with right wing Alinsky and Obama and Clinton. They are abhorrent right wingers against freedom and liberty.

I am Tribal anarchy. I want no government so to speak at all. The government is the collective of the people with no leaders. Leaders are not necessary in fact they are parasites that suck the whole dry.

That is in a nutshell. There will be laws just like in a tribe there will be health care just like in a tribe.

You waste your time fighting with fellow right wingers that the differences are so subtle as to not be able to tell the difference.

So your "tribe" (extended family, I guess?) is self-sufficient? Cool! I asked you before about your hunting and fishing and gathering but you ignored me for some reason. Are you the primary healthcare provider for your family or does your wife do most of that? (I assume you both do, of course.) Do you collect herbs while you are foraging for food? That seems like it would be the most efficient approach.

So your "tribe" (extended family, I guess?) is self-sufficient? Cool! I asked you before about your hunting and fishing and gathering but you ignored me for some reason. Are you the primary healthcare provider for your family or does your wife do most of that? (I assume you both do, of course.) Do you collect herbs while you are foraging for food? That seems like it would be the most efficient approach.

It is not relevant.

Just do not confuse me with Clinton Obama or Alinsky who are all capitalists.

Capitalists fighting capitalists and calling each other right and left is most humorous from my perspective.

lol. u have your left and right mixed up. 

• Like 1

lol. u have your left and right mixed up.

I keep trying to point that out to him but he seems convinced that left=good and "the left is for peace lover and harmony" -- and than anyone who disagrees with his ideology is an unnatural, abhorrent sociopath who wants to slaughter people and bomb other lands, and by (his) definition, that makes them "right-wing" regardless of what they say or demonstrate they believe OR what the historical record indicates.

Curious, isn't it? Well, I find it fascinating, anyhow...

I keep trying to point that out to him but he seems convinced that left=good and "the left is for peace lover and harmony" -- and than anyone who disagrees with his ideology is an unnatural, abhorrent sociopath who wants to slaughter people and bomb other lands, and by (his) definition, that makes them "right-wing" regardless of what they say or demonstrate they believe OR what the historical record indicates.

Curious, isn't it? Well, I find it fascinating, anyhow...

The history record tells the truth. Who dropped atomic bombs? hmmmmmm? who did the holocaust? HMMMMM? Oh I forgot the holocaust never happened what am I thinking?