Aletheia

Brand New AND NEED SOME ADVICE!

Hello.

I think I've only got one more post today so I'm going to type out some stuff here just in case this turns out to be my only post!

I have been into philosophy/esoteric/mysticism/mythology for a few years and recently found out about qigong! I went through Jung, Western alchemy, dream analysis and Heidegger's pre-Socratic oral/acoustic truths, which are immanent as opposed to the static one-to-one correspondence theory of Western metaphysics -- veritas est adaequatio rei et intellectus -- left-brain matching, rather than making i.e. propositions!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my waking experiences can be pretty vivid.

So, I wasn't planning on getting started with qigong until I had some baseline knowledge under my belt. But 5 days ago I went celibate and started doing shaking horse stance knees and wim hof quick fire breathing if ever sexual ideas drifted into waking consciousness, then some anal breathing.

Well, today I was reading a book while doing reverse breathing and moving the heat around the lower mind. Then pumped it up to the top of my ass, and I actually had my eyes shut at the time, then I thought maybe I ought to try the orbit. So I moved it up the spine and into my head.. and the crown of my head felt like liquid!

Right then I was wondering what I should do next and I realised I had no idea, So I opened my eyes and the room was vivid with bright colours and I wasn't really sure if I was awake or asleep! I thought about moving the energy down the front. But I don't think it happened tbh. 

As I said I wasn't planning on getting started so I don't really know what I'm doing here. But, now after two reverse breathes everything in the lower mind gets REALLY HOT. So I pump it up to the top of my ass and that's it, I stop there.

I am wondering what I should be doing. Maybe some standing stuff? (which I have never done and don't know how to do). Has anyone got some pointers or ideas?

Thanks for the help!

(and which forum should I post this in with my other post?)

• Like 3

Hello Aletheia, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Aletheia,

Be sure to put the above post in either "Newcomer Corner" or even in one of the applicable threads.  You will get more responses that way.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 3

Hello.

I think I've only got one more post today so I'm going to type out some stuff here just in case this turns out to be my only post!

I have been into philosophy/esoteric/mysticism/mythology for a few years and recently found out about qigong! I went through Jung, Western alchemy, dream analysis and Heidegger's pre-Socratic oral/acoustic truths, which are immanent as opposed to the static one-to-one correspondence theory of Western metaphysics -- veritas est adaequatio rei et intellectus -- left-brain matching, rather than making i.e. propositions!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, my waking experiences can be pretty vivid.

So, I wasn't planning on getting started with qigong until I had some baseline knowledge under my belt. But 5 days ago I went celibate and started doing shaking horse stance knees and wim hof quick fire breathing if ever sexual ideas drifted into waking consciousness, then some anal breathing.

Well, today I was reading a book while doing reverse breathing and moving the heat around the lower mind. Then pumped it up to the top of my ass, and I actually had my eyes shut at the time, then I thought maybe I ought to try the orbit. So I moved it up the spine and into my head.. and the crown of my head felt like liquid!

Right then I was wondering what I should do next and I realised I had no idea, So I opened my eyes and the room was vivid with bright colours and I wasn't really sure if I was awake or asleep! I thought about moving the energy down the front. But I don't think it happened tbh. 

As I said I wasn't planning on getting started so I don't really know what I'm doing here. But, now after two reverse breathes everything in the lower mind gets REALLY HOT. So I pump it up to the top of my ass and that's it, I stop there.

I am wondering what I should be doing. Maybe some standing stuff? (which I have never done and don't know how to do). Has anyone got some pointers or ideas?

Thanks for the help!

(and which forum should I post this in with my other post?)

What you are seeing is your mind translating the surrounding energy that you are starting to subconsciously notice. In chakra terms, you have opened the 5th chakras and kind of residing in a sort of "reception" mode. I would suggest that start to more broadly circulate the energy flows, do something like MCO and open up the transmission side more.

• Like 1

Aletheia,

I'm very inexperienced with the practices you're referring to, so I can't offer any good advice about them.

But, I can remind you of a few things that could really help, as you're obviously here at this website to grow and explore your spirituality.

1. Just remember that how you treat others matters far more than which meditation or qigong technique you do. Love and kindness are of supreme importance.

2. Secondly, judgmental emotions such as anger and guilt (anger directed toward oneself) are useless and stand as "blocks" to joy and happiness. Develop the discernment and wisdom to let them go if you haven't already.

I know those two things are very simple, but simple ideas like that can be very helpful I think.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy interacting here.

• Like 3

Thanks guys.

Roger, thank you and yes, I totally agree. There has to be a certain detachment and a turning away from social institutions/media/norms/politics etc as a means to gather oneself while we consciously still the waters and peer into the depths of the abyss, I think. That way you can work through purifying the emotions without external disruption. Perhaps that's one reading of the prostitute motif in occult philosophy!

If anyone has any advice about how to proceed I would be grateful! I was a bit spaced out earlier and wasn't thinking straight. For about 6 hours after I flooded my head the lower mind was on fire whenever I directed attention to that area. I did end up checking to see if I could find instruction from a book, but by that time I had come back to my senses the energy seemed to have vanished mostly. But I tried the MCO and spinning my eyes 9 times counter-clockwise then swallowing saliva and after about 3/4 seconds I felt a fresh sensation in my chest. But, honestly I was probably still a little out of it at the time and I didn't really feel any energy going up my spine.

I just went to bed in the end because I couldn't post here after my internet stopped working! I managed to sleep for about 3 hours and woke up with a very dull pain running across my navel.

I would like to stay celibate, but I would really appreciate some direction here, something like an ABC step-by-step guide about what I should know. Like I said I wasn't planning on really diving in at the deep end here but I got a bit ahead of myself. Can someone suggest an order of basics I need to learn? Because I honestly know NOTHING about qigong! Like should I learn inner smile, standing exercises, some tips about storing energy?!?? Where do I go from here because right now I'm not even sure if I should even be reverse breathing until I have other basics down first.

Thanks!

So, just to add my philosophy has been a 24/7 way of life for a few years, so I can't just do something else!

• Like 2

Do what gives you peace. Do what you feel secure and comfortable with. Make a choice then ask yourself if you feel at peace with it.

Have faith in the process, that you're progressing in the right way for you.

I've heard great things about the inner smile, although I haven't tried it.

Finally, there's an underlying sense in many people that things aren't okay, that there's something wrong or bad. Just know that everything is okay. If it helps, repeat to yourself, "All is well" occasionally. One reason I'm saying this is because, when people have a feeling that things aren't okay, it interferes with their spiritual practices.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. I did the MCO last night and managed not to blow the top of my head off again lol. So, I'm not so concerned right now. Still, I think it's a little bizarre the first time I tried the orbit with real energy that happened. My focus was on the energy and the event occurred exactly when I put it in my head!

• Like 3

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LmlA9o8EFBYC&pg=PA149&lpg=PA149&dq=prostitute+motif+in+occult+philosophy&source=bl&ots=4mo8Ka0Lrb&sig=0hXr3ZtEJbUUCq3gZaqR4KjUwh8&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjF4Z2AuYvSAhUGnRoKHbVVAQUQ6AEIJjAB#v=onepage&q=prostitute%20motif%20in%20occult%20philosophy&f=false

I remember Joseph Campbell telling a story about the King trying to stop a flooding river. The river was going to cascade through the Kingdom and wash everything vital for human life away with it! Seemingly there was no stopping it. But something extraordinary happened right at the last moment, the river was mysteriously tamed and lost its power.

Well, the King wondered exactly who was behind the miracle so he went through his Kingdom beginning at the court, and starting from the top, and asked. Eventually he came to the lowliest person in the Kingdom and standing in the gutter of the streets asked "are you responsible for this Godly act of salvation?" and the prostitute reply "yes!" 

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

I'm not used to posting on forums. I normally post something and then try and edit out all the mistakes. Do forums have edit buttons? I can't find it in any case.

• Like 1

I'm not used to posting on forums. I normally post something and then try and edit out all the mistakes. Do forums have edit buttons? I can't find it in any case.

You will have full permissions after a few more posts and you will be able to edit.

The edit button will appear to the left of the quote buttons.

• Like 1

You will have full permissions after a few more posts and you will be able to edit.

The edit button will appear to the left of the quote buttons.

Great, thanks for the help.

So the moral of the story is this -- the prostitute was the only person in the Kingdom who did her duty, no questions asked. She takes care of the land while the rest of society only abuses it!

• Like 1

Read more  posts here before you unwisely do what you claim to be MCC...

Thanks for the sage advice, exorcist_1699.

How does an experienced Taoist glean someone is unwise and therefore making false claims?

Thanks for the sage advice, exorcist_1699.

How does an experienced Taoist glean someone is unwise and therefore making false claims?

I disregard promises and hype.  I see if there writings show equanimity, balance and maturity.  Whether they praise there past teachers or brag about themselves.  Likewise how do there students carry themselves.  Whether they stress basics and long training or secrets (I prefer basics). 

Lastly, what do people I know and respect say about them?  Especially if they have real world experience with the teacher.  It's easy to get googly eyed after a seminar, but long term, one hopes we can take off the guru glasses and can see the teacher and there teachings clearly. 

Read more  posts here before you unwisely do what you claim to be MCC...

To be sure, that was a rhetorical question in the last post. Something for us to meditate on. No need for a reply, especially as your post doesn't address any of my noobie questions for help and only drains my energy!

I am claiming my MCO circulates up to the base of the head and then I don't feel it at the crown and the 3rd eye but it comes back into the throat and continues to circulate all the way around back to the base of the head, no problems. You are claiming I'm a fake. Who do I believe is telling the truth here?

Hello and a warm welcome to this forum,

You need to learn a traditional system from a genuine teacher, let it be one of the Chinese Internal Martial Arts or Buddhist Vipassana, which works better in a retreat environment. Also forcing stuff the way you were doing it only causes trouble and in some instances irreparable. Not even a saint will be able to help you out if you accidentally (over time as a result of repetitive damage) manage to 'burn' the higher centres.

Self-learning will only give you very limited results. Also stop all the MCO nonsense, it's a waste of time.

Be wise and find a good teacher that will guide you with their Hearts.

Good luck! :)

Edited by Gerard

I disregard promises and hype.

Lastly, what do people I know and respect say about them? Especially if they have real world experience with the teacher. It's easy to get googly eyed after a seminar, but long term, one hopes we can take off the guru glasses and can see the teacher and there teachings clearly.

Indeed like my teacher, Geoff Sweeting, look at how the lovely and sincere individual that he is is advertising his IMA lessons:

http://www.wuhuitao.com

No big words, no videos, no fancy clothes, no books, the proof is in the pudding!! :)

Train hard in the park, on the ground, near the tree who is battered every day by the natural forces yet it's Qi is sublime. Dust in your shoes and pants. Bitten by mosquitoes is how one cultivates the mind.

This is the way Wang Liping trained under his three Wandering Taoists in traditional China. Like a labourer.

Edited by Gerard

"Also stop all the MCO nonsense, it's a waste of time."

Gerard, thanks for another warm welcome.

MODS PLEASE BAN ME!!!

I'm an internal alchemist and have been on this path for a few years. I'm not here to argue for or against the merits of differing systems or a lost soul looking for direction and nutrition. I'm also certain everyone who's taken the time to respond and try and help me has done so with good intentions, so please don't think I think otherwise. But, the fact is I am personally only here for internal alchemy. So I'm sorry if i've managed to upset anyone, that honestly wasn't my intension.

I'm an internal alchemist and have been on this path for a few years. I'm not here to argue for or against the merits of differing systems or a lost soul looking for direction and nutrition. I'm also certain everyone who's taken the time to respond and try and help me has done so with good intentions, so please don't think I think otherwise. But, the fact is I am personally only here for internal alchemy. So I'm sorry if i've managed to upset anyone, that honestly wasn't my intension.

People get upset here. The longer you stay the more you'll see. It isn't personal - even when it seems that way.

Best wishes on your path.

• Like 3

It isn't personal, except it is.

More often than not when I'm upset its because some one exposed a facet of my being / behavior I didn't like.

Growth comes at a cost.

• Like 4

It isn't personal, except it is.

More often than not when I'm upset its because some one exposed a facet of my being / behavior I didn't like.

Growth comes at a cost.

Yes, it didn't escape my notice the only person running through the gamut of emotions in this thread is me. Everyone else seems to be in a zen like state of awareness while totally not understanding what I'm talking about. Which is hysterical when you think about it.