Aletheia

Brand New AND NEED SOME ADVICE!

"Also stop all the MCO nonsense, it's a waste of time." Gerard, thanks for another warm welcome. MODS PLEASE BAN ME!!!

:mellow: Welcome :D! It's been hard for me here to not take some things personal here, but you have to see for yourself and use your intuition.. It's not because someone seemingly has a lot of experience that they know everything better.. Everyone has blind spots :ph34r: ..

That said, I know nothing, but generally speaking, forcing things with practise doesn't help much, so I see some of the advice I read here could be useful to you..

Edited by thursday

:mellow: Welcome :D! It's been hard for me here to not take some things personal here, but you have to see for yourself and use your intuition.. It's not because someone seemingly has a lot of experience that they know everything better.. Everyone has blind spots :ph34r: ..

That said, I know nothing, but generally speaking, forcing things with practise doesn't help much, so I see some of the advice I read here could be useful to you..

Thanks, honestly I'm not really getting upset and definitely not taking anything personally. I've been doing philosophy long enough to know if you take these things seriously you're only creating personal demons for your lower emotions to feast on and ultimately leading yourself away from the poetic wonders of thinking.

Maybe I should give a better introduction...

I'm actually interested in the unfolding of consciousness on the macro scale through vast stretches of spacetime and the organic rise and fall of civilisations within said consciousness structures. I'm also interested in hidden metaphysical environments which escape human perception because they're so pervasive and stitched into the very fabric of the world we just don't see them. Say, for example we don't really notice light. Or as Marshall McLuhan said "we don't know who discovered water, but we know it wasn't a fish."

The Matrix is actually a poor re-working of Videodrome, it's poor because it thinks in abstract conceptual space WITHOUT THE BODY while in actual fact the cybernetic feed-back systems of electronic technology feed on and  are fuelled by OUR BODY'S ORGANS!

The Matrix is partly based on Jean Baudrillard's book Simulacra and Simulation and Baudrillard was getting his core ideas from McLuhan and McLuhan considered his work "applied Joyce" i.e. he was writing a commentary on Finnegans Wake pretty much, as I understand it.

So just as there's internal alchemy which is hidden from our average every day senses, but always working away in the background of our life-worlds, there's also external alchemy too doing exactly the same thing. Well, if you track back far enough externally through historical time and likewise take the same journey internally, essentially they both unite in the same acoustic field because every-thing arises from the same source! Without a beginning and without an end.

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

Aletheia,

Grounding work and a lot of less thinking will be highly beneficial to you.

This path is more about doing rather than talking about it and intellectualising practice. These are the two foremost lessons I learned from my main teachers: Baguaquan and Buddhist Vipassana instructor in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Do, talk less, listen to your teacher all the time, then investigate but yourself, don't read, squat down, walk, walk, walk breathing 'from your feet.' Like a modern day gladiator.

Good luck :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

Aletheia,

This path is more about doing rather than talking about it and intellectualising practice. These are the two foremost lessons I learned from my main teachers: Baguaquan and Buddhist Vipassana instructor in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Do, talk less, listen to your teacher all the time, then investigate but yourself, don't read, squat down, walk, walk, walk breathing 'from your feet.' Like a modern day gladiator.

The thinking I'm referring to is egoless, worldly-embodied and cosmically principled -- post death, beyond the corporeal body and reborn to the "eye" of the spiritual body. So rather than "I" doing the talking here, the "I" of am is actually a conduit immersed in the eternal light, unbounded by the 4 cardinal points and happily nourishing the fruits of the fertile garden!

So, really the self-identical abstract "I" is not really talking at all, just the messenger. Because I listens patently for whispers in the breeze whilst sitting quietly in the dabbled light within the forest clearing. Only then when the message is directly communicated do I put down what is heard, in the written word; and it is here in "The [written] Word" where the poetic essence of direct experience fades from the light and reality loses its brilliance -- in the human mind of phonetic re-interpretation, 3 full deviations away from truth.

So, you see, I got the best teacher in the land! and as they say "the guru is within."

Edited by Aletheia

Aletheia,

Anyway, I agree with what your saying of course. It's just that I'm here looking for some specific advice which I'll know when I hear it. Thanks for the kind thoughts! 

Yes, it didn't escape my notice the only person running through the gamut of emotions in this thread is me. Everyone else seems to be in a zen like state of awareness while totally not understanding what I'm talking about. Which is hysterical when you think about it.

This is what I meant with, 'it's not personal'.

• Like 1

This is what I meant with, 'it's not personal'.

Yes, I think you got it right. Getting upset by these things is a sign of disordered thinking and needs uprooting with care.  :)

The specific advice is this:

"Trust your teacher first and foremost. Put your personal views aside and fully follow his teachings to the Heart."

This is how the teachings have been passed on from The Buddha until today. How apprentices learn from their Sufi masters ( http://www.sufi.ir/books/download/english/azmayesh-en/teaching-azmayesh-en.pdf), how Taoists teach their disciples, how Chinese Internal Martial Arts are passed on in the lineage lines.

If you can, please watch-rewatch the movie The Karate Kid and you'll learn a thing of two from Mr Miyagi:

http://www.motivateamazebegreat.com/2015/12/20-mr-miyagi-inspirational-quotes-wisdom.html?m=0

:)

Some trust the inner teacher too much and then it becomes arrogance.

Some trust the outer teacher too much and then they become helpless without their guru.

• Like 3

I actually have several internet gurus who are all highly advanced in my many areas. The guy in that videodrome video I posted was lecturing on Kundalini and Tantra in the 90s! He knows all the occult systems and world religions like the back of his hand and gives esoteric readings on academic philosophy too!

I recommend you read his book Dead Celebrities, Living Icons, or Celluloid Heroes & Mechanical Dragons.

Here's the first chapter of Celluloid Heroes & Mechanical Dragons (with references to yogic symbolism) -

https://web.archive.org/web/20070325222106/http://www.cinemadiscourse.com/journal/Apocalypse.html

If you study postmodern philosophy they will tell you signs have no essence behind them and derive meaning through systems of difference, then post-structuralism even dissolves differences themselves into a hegemonic flowing system of indifference i.e. absolute nihilism which we erroneously name Capitalism. But, Capitalism is a holographic image caught within the affecting technological event horizon i.e. it's not real, its FAKE NEWS -- simulating simulacra over-coding and parodying a reality of signs which itself is not real!

Ebert knows all about this because he has direct knowledge of real symbols so understands postmodern signs maybe arbitrary, but it does not then follow that ALL signs necessarily are! However, Proto-structural materialistic ontologies such as Marxism and hence Captalism's exchange and use values ARE BUNK, because the ideas where formulated within a system of not arbitrary signs, but the prior order of signs which are aura stealing and mechanically replicating (right about the time the Christian God died) as opposed to more primordial symbols which reference actual states of consciousness beyond wake-full daylight awareness!

So what is going on here? YES you got it (after reading the above linked essay perhaps), it is our post-industrial machines, and particularly electronic light-speed technologies, that are mimicking going through a Kundalini awakening here, so structural difference (one-way analog technologies -- telegram, radio, movie, TV) relates to post-humanism, whereas post-structural indifference (satellites) refers to a post-post-human state of consciousness. Not via a human awakening, but a machinic awakening (See post-structural philosophers D&G). Therefore, D&G's conceptual Bodies without Organs and assemblages are fueled by discarnate Man's human organs i.e the lower emotions! (tell me what you think about Trump and PEPE...)

The zombie films of recent times are actually messages from deep psychic awareness trying to communicate the post-apocalyptic situation to us. But through images whose hermeneutics we don't understand because we no longer believe symbols have real meaning! Same as movies like the invasion of the body snatchers which was about the ontological disturbance caused by electrified machines coming to life and pushing human perspectives out of the picture. 

Ebert knows all about his stuff because he is HIGH LEVEL GURU and knows how the read real symbols, whereas academic philosophers and the general populace do not, unfortunately for them LOL.

EDIT: So why did the West go all Eastern in the 60's when satellites went up? And what exactly happened post-60s? Since then we got digital and then internet don't forget...

This is the hell and stress average people live through on a day-to-day basis because of their not understanding symbols -

That's the message from mother earth relaying the very real techno-ecological catastrophe going on in the world both within and without because they are the same. It's just a shame people have their fingers in their ears so the message is garbled and mistranslated. TRY TAKING YOUR FINGERS OUT OF YOUR EARS MORONS!!!

Edited by Aletheia
  • Like 1

Thanks for the sage advice, exorcist_1699.

How does an experienced Taoist glean someone is unwise and therefore making false claims?

I am sorry if what I said  sounds rude to you ; however, after your  reading of  more posts  here ,  hearing  how people cry for help because of their ways of  doing MCC , then maybe you have some understanding of my reaction , hopefully .

• Like 1

I am sorry if what I said  sounds rude to you ; however, after your  reading of  more posts  here ,  hearing  how people cry for help because of their ways of  doing MCC , then maybe you have some understanding of my reaction , hopefully .

Of course I understand why you made your comment. I do have a non-dualist background, but my qigong practise got waayyy ahead of my theoretical knowledge.

And I'm not following Chia's retention either, I understand jing touches upon the physical body, but is not really the physical body and can therefore not be put into definable words. Rather alchemy uses symbols and images for a that very reason. But, really any physical sexual desires left me like an off switch the day I went celibate and I'm not really thinking that way right now.

Anyway, perhaps I will be crying back here in a month or so. So, we'll have to wait and see! I really have no idea right now because like I said, I had no intentions of getting started so soon.

Edited by Aletheia