Brian

Standing Rock

You missed my point, entirely.

Oh, I think perhaps you missed mine instead. ;)

Edited by Brian

Why a mutual apology and forgiveness followed by hugs might be a war declaration is kinda beyond me?

RC

• Like 3

Please accept my apology for the massive logistical problems that occurred at Standing Rock in the last few days. We did not have the communications, command structure, or organizational capacity to deal with it. I'd also like to apologize for not being able to visit our multiple encampments or speak with all of you directly while on the ground. Will put out a video later today to address all of these concerns. I've been been assured that there will be an open accounting of how the money is spent but that Michael A Wood jr's first priority is getting vets transport home and taking care of those we still have in the field.

Our action was successful thanks to the sacrifice and hard work of those who were on the ground before us and endured the risk, pain and suffering when the eyes of the world were not on Standing Rock - the water protectors, the youth, and the elders who have instructed us from the day we arrived that faith, prayer and peace are the way forward.

Through the collective actions of everyone involved we have pried open a window to begin dialogue with the other side to begin envisioning a way forward through a system that none of us on any side are solely responsible for building.

The route ahead is perilous and filled with many dangers. We all need to open our hearts to the spiritual force many of us felt first hand at Standing Rock and understand that only though peace, love, honesty and forgiveness can we truly solve the greater problem of how to save our planet and bring about the world we all know exists just around the corner.

Human nature being what it is, we must be open to real dialogue with our opponents in this fight because their families are at just as great a risk as ours in what could become an extinction-level event if we don't start healing our world now. Please don't allow hate and mistrust to cloud your vision as we move forward in what many of us increasingly recognize as a climate emergency. All of our futures, and especially those of our children, are at stake in this larger battle.

Once again, I am sorry for what I am certain are dozens, if not hundreds, of errors in my attempt at leadership. I drank no alcohol and had minimal sleep and food while at Standing Rock. Much of my time and energy was spent in a diplomatic role between the multiple factions and interests without spending enough time with you. Thank you so much for the hard work and sacrifice you performed on this journey, I regret that I can't individually thank each and every one of you and tell you how much I love you for what you've done. Your presence is what tipped the scales and made this happen - know it.

Peace, love, solidarity and understanding.

Sincerely and Kind Regards,

Wes

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 2

Instead of waiting until the president-elect takes office next month, tomorrow (Friday Dec 9) Energy Transfer Partners is pressing ahead with a request to a federal judge to allow the company to immediately cross beneath a Missouri River reservoir, the final 1,100-foot link to be built in the pipeline. They are requesting the judge make an expedited decision by Monday. #NoDAPL

• Like 1

They do have to go somewhere. My reason for empathy is that I think native lands should have the native agreement first if they're going to be used for something that eminent domain is pushing.

This I think doesn't have the smallest ones as I saw another image I couldn't find, that had tons more 'hairline' examples. But this is food for thought:

snaps_0165.jpg

• Like 1

the governor of north korea   dakota and all the corporate goons with augmentation from law enforcement agencies plan was to starve out// freeze out the water protectors. i still doubt the governor et al understand what they are really up against. 

15284948_1332922353386749_43149230308673

the governor of north korea   dakota and all the corporate goons with augmentation from law enforcement agencies plan was to starve out// freeze out the water protectors. i still doubt the governor et al understand what they are really up against. 

15284948_1332922353386749_43149230308673

People who inappropriately use auto white balance? :)

it was interesting timing when the heard of bison showed up on scene and stayed around observing for a bit.

a confused goon squad police force immediately got back in their vehicles and drove off the scene when that happened!

it was interesting timing when the golden eagle landed in camp, letting water protectors pet him.

it was interesting timing when the group of veterans showed up.

it was interesting timing when the corporate goons assaulted peaceful water protectors who were in prayer.

it is interesting the timing of the death of john trudell.

as it was interesting timing when trudell's wife tina, her and john's 3 children were burned to death in their sleep, leah hicks-manning also perished in that fire.

http://www.dickshovel.com/JTT.html

it is interesting timing that we have a potus leaving office and a new potus entering office.

it will be interesting times when the toxic black snake is put to death.

this is the seventh generation after Crazy Horse

I'm really curious about what posters in this thread think about the water protestors endorsing and being endorsed by BLM and BDS. Not the feels, but the thinks.

People offer bonding over what they have in common. "Protest" and "non-whites feeling trod on by the white man" both have in common.

The differences otherwise are massive.

RC

• Like 2

http://bsnorrell.blogspot.com/2016/12/water-protectors-arrested-shot-at.html

the situation at Standing Rock isn't just about clean water vs oil pipelines,

altho that alone is reason enuff to rail against the machine.

what has been going on is that mercenaries are being used by the corporatists against the citizens,

to brutally push the corporatist agenda

and somehow this is ok?

Heh. I'm very mixed lineage. So is someone else I know. He wanted to go there to protest. I said, "you can't even not throw cigarettes on the ground and trash out the window. First, stop defiling my mother, yourself. Then worry about protecting her from others." It made him mad. Whoop ti do. This is the general mindset of a lot of people. Not the specifics, necessarily, but the basics.

Someone tried to tell me Standing Rock was over. It is NOT over. 

They are still protesting. 

"protesting" is for losers, it is just some word fabricated by the empire to dismiss and diminish.

the spirit warriors at Standing Rock are protectors and they will not be vanquished.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 4

"protesting" is for losers,'

Alienate much?

I think zerotao was praising those taking a stand there as above the average 'protester'.

Thus you're both on the same side. 

Contrarianly, let me point out:

With no pipe line the oil will probably be transported by freight train, which is less safe.  A good solution has to include the most intelligent safe passage for energy.  Which we all use. 

• Like 1