Brian

Standing Rock

let's hope trump isnt that stupid. 

I see this in it:

Trump's transition team commissioned the 27-member Native American Affairs Coalition to draw up a list of proposals to guide his Indian policy on issues ranging from energy to health care and education.

I don't know what more can be asked...

I found it interesting that the article mentions that one problem (...) is that a given tribe may have disagreements internally about whether to do X (plus it's the tribe that allots profit, etc. within reservations so I'm sure there's politics there). That really cannot be anybody's problem but theirs. In the end, someone has to make a decision.

RC

• Like 1

I see this in it:

I don't know what more can be asked...

I found it interesting that the article mentions that one problem (...) is that a given tribe may have disagreements internally about whether to do X (plus it's the tribe that allots profit, etc. within reservations so I'm sure there's politics there). That really cannot be anybody's problem but theirs. In the end, someone has to make a decision.

RC

so all the tribes gather to fight oil , but they secretly want trump to take their oil? lol is that what you're saying?

so all the tribes gather to fight oil , but they secretly want trump to take their oil? lol is that what you're saying?

No... I was responding to the article and it seems like we didn't read the same one if that's what you ask me.

Peace,

RC

• Like 1

No... I was responding to the article and it seems like we didn't read the same one if that's what you ask me.

Peace,

RC

the one titled:"

Trump advisors aim to privatize oil-rich Indian reservations"

Peace,

RC

You quoted me from an article that goes,

"Native American reservations cover just 2 percent of the United States, but they may contain about a fifth of the nation’s oil and gas, along with vast coal reserves.

Now, a group of advisors to President-elect Donald Trump on Native American issues wants to free those resources from what they call a suffocating federal bureaucracy that holds title to 56 million acres of tribal lands, two chairmen of the coalition told Reuters in exclusive interviews."

and i responded, 

"so all the tribes gather to fight oil , but they secretly want trump to take their oil? lol is that what you're saying?

"

Not sure why Brian liked your comment either. lol. 

Much of the tribal land borders federal land and national parks. Grand Canyon, Yellow Stone, Monument Valley, Yosemite, Great Smoky Mountains and so forth. These treasures are untouchable!

Edited by ralis

Much of the tribal land borders federal land and national parks. Grand Canyon, Yellow Stone, Monument Valley, Yosemite, Great Smoky Mountains and so forth. These treasures are untouchable!

let's hope they remain untouchable. i'd just as soon these greedy pompous bastards (oil barons) stayed away from these territories. they will encroach without permission it seems. and the current govt elect is likely to grant permissions anyways. however, i see many more veterans stepping up to stare the corporate goons in the eyes. there comes a time when one must take a stand on one side or the other.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10028334616

Jon Eagle Sr., Tribal Historic Preservation Officer at Standing Rock Sioux Tribe has reported something wholly unexpected happened at the Standing Rock Reservation today. The veterans gathered to join the Dakota Pipeline protest stunned the gathered tribal members when they took a knee and asked for forgiveness:

I witnessed something powerful and profound today. Wes Clark Jr and the assembled veterans took a knee and collectively asked for forgiveness for the genocide and war crimes committed by the United States Military against tribal nations in this country. Leksi Leonard Crow Dog on behalf of the tribes in attendance accepted and asked for forgiveness for any hurt that might have been caused June 25, 1876 when the Great Sioux Nation defeated the 7th Cavalry. The last thing he said to the veterans was, "... and today we forgive and ask for world peace." All the veterans replied in a single unified voice, "WORLD PEACE!!!!"

The Native Veterans filed through the ranks, shaking hands and giving each other hugs. There were alot of warriors with tears in their eyes.

vets.jpg

• Like 1

I will no longer do business with Ace Hardware!

http://anonhq.com/ace-hardware-agrees-to-block-sales-of-necessary-heating-supplies-to-water-protectors/

The Morton County Sheriff’s Department has sunk to an all-time low. On top of their spraying protectors with water in freezing temperatures, and blowing a woman’s arm off with a grenade launcher, they have now requested that the Ace Hardware stop selling items that could be considered incendiary to protesters. This includes propane and other items that the water protectors require to provide heat through the cold winter months. The temperatures have reached below freezing; the Morton County Sheriff is using this to their advantage, declaring war against these peaceful demonstrators.

Not sure why Brian liked your comment either. lol.

The Constitution is very explicit the purposes for which the central government may own land. "Saving it" from the States or from the people isn't among them, nor is picking corporate winners and losers with resources which don't belong to the leviathan. Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

Im thinking the Supreme court decided that taking is constitutionally Ok if theres just compensation. And this can be done by a private interest ,provided that its deemed in the general welfare.
It is a spin ,IMo of the fifth amendment , but The Supreme court stands as the interpreter of the constitution., eminent domain is legal, The court ruled that a percentage of property owners needed to Ok the right of way, which they did, the question devolves down to whether the action is in the public welfares benefit. Many disagree about that apparently , but the court decided it was ,overall, depending on Whether the Corps was going to sign off on the thing,which was still being decided as the last hurdle.
Im thinking ,All they have to do is modify the plan and resubmit once Obama is out.

Edited by Stosh

Corporate fascism! Expect to see more under Trump!

Corporate fascism is but one aspect of authoritarianism. Emotional fascism is the root whereby emotions are suppressed and armored. Jack booted storm troopers are the expression of.

Edited by ralis

Corporate fascism! Expect to see more under Trump!

Ummmm... You know this corporate fascism is actually "under Obama," right? (And it was under W and under Slick Willy, too...)

• Like 2

Ummmm... You know this corporate fascism is actually "under Obama," right? (And it was under W and under Slick Willy, too...)

I am aware of that and you need not remind me of such. Further, to blame corporate fascism as a separate phenomenon is missing the point in that the roots are in everyone of us.  Most have no interest in Reich's work which was a groundbreaking indictment of the roots of fascism or the writings of Ian Kershaw, Sinclair Lewis, Richard Hofstadter and Hannah Arendt (The Banality of Evil). 

https://www.amazon.com/Mass-Psychology-Fascism-Wilhelm-Reich/dp/0374508844/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481041444&sr=1-1&keywords=mass+psychology+of+fascism

https://www.amazon.com/Origins-Totalitarianism-Hannah-Arendt/dp/0156701537/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481043259&sr=1-1&keywords=hannah+arendt

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Demonstrating IMO that pretty much all human traits are on a circular spectrum -- like politics. Every trait can go two opposite ways toward bad when not in moderation -- and go far enough in one direction, you get around back and run into the other.

RC

Demonstrating IMO that pretty much all human traits are on a circular spectrum -- like politics. Every trait can go two opposite ways toward bad when not in moderation -- and go far enough in one direction, you get around back and run into the other.

RC

Emotional suppression/character armoring is not a natural trait, but is caused by rigid child rearing/abuse, trauma, indoctrination, authoritarianism and propaganda. There is no easy way out of it. All the energetic qigong practices will not save anyone, but only magnifies the problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Drama-Gifted-Child-Search-Revised/dp/0465016901/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481044207&sr=1-1&keywords=drama+of+the+gifted+child+by+alice+miller

Edited by ralis

Emotional suppression/character armoring is not a natural trait, but is caused by rigid child rearing/abuse, trauma, indoctrination, authoritarianism and propaganda. There is no easy way out of it. All the energetic qigong practices will not save anyone, but only magnifies the problem.

https://www.amazon.com/Drama-Gifted-Child-Search-Revised/dp/0465016901/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1481044207&sr=1-1&keywords=drama+of+the+gifted+child+by+alice+miller

Are you saying the fascism and jack-booted thuggery currently on display at Standing Rock are the result of Obama's emotional suppression and character armoring which stem from a childhood of abuse, trauma, indoctrination, authoritarianism and propaganda?

In the intro to Hannah Arendt's 'The Origins of Totalitarianism' I found this remark.

Never  has our future  been  more  unpredictable,  never  have  we  depended 

so  much  on  political  forces  that  cannot  be  trusted  to  folIow  the  rules  of 
common  sense  and  self-interest-forces  that  look  like  sheer  insanity,  if 
judged  by  the  standards  of  other  centuries.  It  is  as  though  mankind  had 
divided  itself  between  those  who  believe  in  human  omnipotence  (who 
think  that  everything  is  possible  if one  knows  how  to  organize  masses  for 
it)  and  those  for  whom  powerlessness  has  become  the  major  experience 
of their lives. 

Are you saying the fascism and jack-booted thuggery currently on display at Standing Rock are the result of Obama's emotional suppression and character armoring which stem from a childhood of abuse, trauma, indoctrination, authoritarianism and propaganda?

You missed my point, entirely.