dawei

Time to Rotate

About a week and a half ago dawei invited me to join staff here, and he and I have been discussing the matter since then.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I really have no desire to hold a staff position on the Dao Bums and have said so several times.  However, I see the unfolding of events the last couple of weeks, as being more than enough reason to override my personal inclinations and accept Dawei's offer.  Doing this for several reasons, not the least of which is that I think that dawei has been a good admin, and my acceptance as a vote of confidence, that he will continue to be a good admin.

I have no affiliation with the group in question and no wish to be involved with them, so this is hardly a move for someone who wishes to stack the mod staff for a take over, rather I take it as an indication that dawei wishes to have mods who can be fair and impartial in all circumstances to maintain the independence and integrity of the Dao Bums.

In our discussions dawei has always shown himself to be open minded and reasonable, and if I didn't believe that was the case I would certainly not be interested in working with him.

I hope that on the inside I will be able to find out more clearly what has been going on and then proceed with "malice toward none, and charity to all" to clear the air as much as possible and restore the confidence of the general membership.

I had asked dawei for the privilege of announcing this publicly, so that I could say some words about why I would take on "the burden of office" and he said OK, so if the offer of a staff position is still open, I accept it.

Zhongyongdaoist

Excellent! Thank you, Donald.
  • Like 3

I had asked dawei for the privilege of announcing this publicly, so that I could say some words about why I would take on "the burden of office" and he said OK, so if the offer of a staff position is still open, I accept it.

Open, accepted and knighted :)

• Like 2

There are a few questions I would like clearing up:

<< content >>

Please answer these questions in the open forum. I don't want any PMs.

content removed by admin

That started in PM... let's go back to PM.

• Like 2

:D thats the only song I've ever heard that has my name in it, heh. Are there any 'Apech' songs? Wonder if they'd be warrior songs!

Edit: That was in reply to Apech's post of a song title. Forgot to quote it, lol

Edited by rene
  • Like 1

The more you guys fan the fire - the more your true natures are revealed by the flames. Just so you know.

• Like 5

Regarding what has happened to Apech's last post:

I'm speechless...

What was his post about?

• Like 1

There are a few questions I would like clearing up:

<< content >>

Please answer these questions in the open forum. I don't want any PMs.

content removed by admin

That started in PM... let's go back to PM.

I asked for this to be answered in open forum - why have you removed my post?  Under what rules did you do this?

• Like 5

I asked for this to be answered in open forum - why have you removed my post?  Under what rules did you do this?

Read the latest PM... and the original PM that was started...  

That is where the Administrative conversation started with you and was stated as needing to remain in the PM exchange.

The more you prod people about fanning the fire, the more you supply air for their fans. Though your constitution and goals may be different, the effects will appear much the same.

Just joking..

...mostly.

Yeah...that's the thing about appearances, eh? :D :D

• Like 2

:D thats the only song I've ever heard that has my name in it, heh. Are there any 'Apech' songs? Wonder if they'd be warrior songs!

Edit: That was in reply to Apech's post of a song title. Forgot to quote it, lol

I don't remember how long I lasted as mod here...

It wasn't terribly pleasant or interesting most of the time but it was useful to help me grow.

Thanks for your service, Michael.

I know nothing of the issues under discussion but it's always good to move on when the time is right.

Peace

PS - edited at mod's request...

Everybody needs to lighten up... it's all a dream

Edited by steve
  • Like 5

I wonder what happened to the days when these types of threads were just plastered with memes and spam...

e.g.

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/40018-staff-rotation/?p=670836

Ahhh , those were the days .... now its all conspiracy theory and 'Chinese whispers'. 

Okay, I will fess up too .  I am in a secret cabal that meets one a month in my backyard, the grand poobah is a mod on this forum.

I am in a polyamourous  relationship with Apec and Marbelhead. And Brian is my brother-in-law. 

There !  Its out

• Like 4

Open, accepted and knighted :)

Wait stop !   Donald has been highly critical of my little cabal !  he wrote posts against it ...

HAAAALP !    I am being  persecuted already ... it isnt fair !     I protest !       FOUL ! 

soccer_peekaboo.gif?w=404&h=241

• Like 2

Regarding what has happened to Apech's last post:

I'm speechless...

Donals strikes already     :D

The more you guys fan the fire - the more your true natures are revealed by the flames. Just so you know.

I been a bellows guy from way back !    

• Like 1

I been a bellows guy from way back !

Yep, that's yer nature and we love ya for it! :D
  • Like 4

I appreciate the discussions here. However, when a thread contains bigotry, misogyny and disparaging remarks towards ethnic groups, or women, the rules have been breached. I doubt some here realize the ramifications of inflammatory language and the ensuing problems of such expressions. 

I remember Susan Carlson (Shakti Mama) coming back here from a short hiatus a few years back to defend women's rights. Several persons were making disparaging remarks towards women around the issue of birth control and abortions. The rules were clearly breached by the use of misogynistic remarks and yet no one was banned or even suspended.

If the rules are in place that clearly states that the use of certain language is not welcome here, then such rules must be enforced without bias. Other wise such rules are farcical, especially, if such are enforced in an arbitrary manner, if at all.

• Like 1

Ahhh , those were the days .... now its all conspiracy theory and 'Chinese whispers'.

Okay, I will fess up too . I am in a secret cabal that meets one a month in my backyard, the grand poobah is a mod on this forum.

I am in a polyamourous relationship with Apec and Marbelhead. And Brian is my brother-in-law.

There ! Its out

Now you've done it! Sister Mary Elephant will be paying you a visit to discuss your transgressions. At least you didn't mention the secret handshake.