Bodhicitta

Transgender Problem

Rock on you rebel you, after of course you ensure the seat is down!

I just about spit tea all over my son's laptop on that one... thanks for the laugh mate!

• Like 1

"Knowledge" suggests that one party putting the seat up should be balanced by the other putting it down -- "wisdom" suggests not even making that suggestion...

:ninja:

;)

• Like 2

I have never sat down on a toilet without looking... must be my youth spent going in an out house and not wanting spiders to crawl on my bum.

• Like 1

and use the facilities.  It just seems silly to me not to.  

I`ve noticed that a lot of guys don`t share my approach.  Men will stand outside the bathroom waiting for a long time when there`s a perfectly empty, single-person women`s bathroom right there.  I don`t get it. 

I don't see what difference it makes as long as people aren't being vile in habits or spending half an hour in there. I mean we all share bathrooms in private residences after all, it's not like it's some kind of novel idea.

• Like 3

You know, our world got on just fine for years and decades and centuries before bathroom laws and I could be wrong about this because I don't follow this kind of news, but I do not recall hearing of any legitimate transsexual crime related to it. Note that people who are criminals might dress up as women, and do many other things, but I do not consider that the same.

Prior to this law, there could be women in the bathroom who were women, who were very masculine women, and who were probably men or once-men now living as women, and people who we assume are women but we have no real idea. And we all primp in front of the mirror and go OMG I LOVE THOSE EARRINGS and NOBODY CARES.

But now that this BS had to get legislated -- I think this desire to make laws about every damn thing is one of the things at the root of human misery -- now what? Are we expected to pat down women to be sure their boobs are real if they have a kinda heavy hairline above their upper lip? Should we insult masculine-looking women by implying they're probably men? Should we send women who are likely once-men or cross-dressers -- and worse, OMG far worse, sometimes children -- into the men's restroom so they can (and I HAVE seen reports of THIS kind of crime) be horribly assaulted for not being manly enough?

And if a father has his four year old daughter with him, does he have to take her into an often messy smelly restroom with lots of men rather than into the ladies room because OMG he's a man and he'd be in the wrong bathroom?  My dad took me into the ladies' room when he was a single father and I was 6.

What part of modern life makes it so difficult to just not legislate stuff and expect people to do what is reasonable and rational?

RC

• Like 3

Attempts to legislate morality in any direction almost inevitably manifest unintended consequences far worse than whatever they were meant to address. This is because law cannot enforce generosity or kindness or graciousness or any other nicety. The temptation to use force of law for other than justice is understandable but it backfires.

• Like 5

What do you mean by 'justice'?

In essence, I see it as legal egalitarianism, equality under the law -- I am largely a classical liberal in terms of values and principles. I understand the desire to merge fairness with justice, to use the law and the force of law enforcement to compel attitude adjustment, but I think it is a mistake which reveals itself pretty consistently.
  • Like 3

Well you get people 'enforcing rules' when there's just no reason to enforce them because the 'rules' were actually written for some worst-case far edge-scenario and they're trying to be consistent because with law you should be. But then they end up applied like in the examples I gave. You cannot legislate common-sense, appropriate-discretion or compassionate-fairness. Legislation is by its nature the antithesis of those things because they remove human judgment from the equation entirely.

RC

• Like 3

Well you get people 'enforcing rules' when there's just no reason to enforce them because the 'rules' were actually written for some worst-case far edge-scenario and they're trying to be consistent because with law you should be. But then they end up applied like in the examples I gave. You cannot legislate common-sense, appropriate-discretion or compassionate-fairness. Legislation is by its nature the antithesis of those things because they remove human judgment from the equation entirely.

RC

Yes, and the equation also comes to lack a healthy sense of responsibility -- not motivated through guilt or obligation but through seeing a need and recognizing the ability to help. We see this, for example, with the contrast between government aid programs vs charitable acts -- there is an unhealthy desensitization which springs from compelled behavior and this produces a downward spiral.

We also need bathroom for a sexual people that want to have sex in a bathroom all the time.

One bathroom that simply says undecided.

Another bathroom for men that like girls, one for women that like women, one for women with a baby, one for men with a baby one that you can stand up or sit down, one you can sit down only, one handicap bathroom, one bathrooms for short people I did not say midget because I am all politically correct.one for men that like men. one for people with a man body but at one time may have had a girl body.  So thirteen bathrooms should do it.

Now if I am outside and there is no bathroom are there like a special tree or other landmark that will allow me and other gender specific people to know where to go and its OK?

• Like 2

Please do not be offended if I forgot or missed someone lets just add it to the list, This is a very good thing for the plumbing and bathware industry and we may want to invest in these companies early to get some good returns.

• Like 1

Please do not be offended if I forgot or missed someone lets just add it to the list, This is a very good thing for the plumbing and bathware industry and we may want to invest in these companies early to get some good returns.

We need variations on each of those themes for left-handed people and/or for tall people -- and for each combination. So...

Tall left-handed cis-male attracted to cis-males; short left-handed cis-male attracted cis-males; tall right-handed cis-male attracted to cis-males; short right-handed cis-male attracted to cis-males; tall left-handed trans-male attracted to cis-males; etc., etc.

• Like 2

Am I alone in that when the need arises I'm only interested in taking care of my business?

I'm quite familiar with any port in a storm, LOL!

• Like 2

Lately, we've seen public discourse on this subject take an ugly turn, with the complete silencing of individuals on Twitter who disagree with transgender ideology. It's now Twitter's policy to permanently ban anyone who disagrees with the idea that men can literally become women. Our culture has become increasingly insane as the left has more forcefully advanced its delusional viewpoints upon others...

Here's a good article for everyone to read, reminding us the realities of what "being a woman" means. Honestly, read the whole thing, it's very important:

http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/04/why-bruce-jenner-can-never-be-a-woman/

How has our society forgotten such basic facts of life? We must be so disconnected from nature to be so lost.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 2

On the other hand, this topic has a lot to do with respect.

Stating facts isn't necessarily disrespectful, although it can be done in a disrespectful way. Attempting to silence or control others is always disrespectful, to say the least about it.

At least personally, if trans people want to be called the gender of their choice, I have little problem saying "trans woman" or some other term that makes it clear. This is in no way offensive. I can call a guy who thinks he's a girl a "she". Whatever, it's just terminology and is a matter of being respectful of another's wishes.

If someone else does have a problem catering to that, well, aren't people allowed to think for themselves? According to the trans activists, such a person has "hate speech" and deserves the worst. To be clear, this is NOT according to all trans people...some disagree with the destructive ideology.

Trans people exist and are part of our world. They're human beings worthy of kindness.

But the ideology that's being forced upon society, with some disastrous results (child abuse), is something to confront.

I`m not trans and am not particularly up on trans culture.  But what I don`t get is how other people like me get so bent out of shape about these issues.  If someone is born with genitals of one gender but thinks of themselves as another gender it`s no big whoop to me.  I might not understand it but I don`t need to.  Why pretend that I know everything there is to know about gender?  There`s probably more to it than meets the eye -- literally.  

It`s not some leftist plot to call someone the gender they want to be called, no matter how bizarre that may seem to me.  It`s just respect.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

It`s not some leftist plot to call someone the gender they want to be called, no matter how bizarre that may seem to me.  It`s just respect.

It is absolutely a leftist plot. Do some research into what Twitter is doing.

• Like 1

Look into this thread of tweets:

Here's another thread of tweets:

And here's a single post with images...which seems to be from a satire account (I hope I'm right about that), but I'm not sure the suspension is satire.

Twitter CEO might be in legal trouble for lying to Congress about being politically unbiased:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/27/top-house-committee-investigating-twitter-ceo-jack-dorsey-for-lying-to-congress/

Edited by Aetherous

I hope this doesn't offend anyone but it has made me think over the last several months on this issue.

If I, as a guy, decide I identify as a woman, who would I thereafter date ?

If a woman, my identity is lesbian but my practice is still heterosexual.

If a man, then I am gay.

Gender identity problems seem to me to be tied to gender energy issues.   

"A state may be ruled by (measures of) correction; weapons of war may be used with crafty dexterity; (but) the kingdom is made one’s own (only) by freedom from action and purpose.

How do I know that it is so? By these facts:–In the kingdom the multiplication of prohibitive enactments increases the poverty of the people; the more implements to add to their profit that the people have, the greater disorder is there in the state and clan; the more acts of crafty dexterity that men possess, the more do strange contrivances appear; the more display there is of legislation, the more thieves and robbers there are. "

Dao De Jing Ch57

Edited by kyoji