Bodhicitta

Transgender Problem

its all sunshine and hugs til dudes start walking in the womans' bathroom.

'

It has been going on for a long long time. Many transgender cannot be identified as to what gender they were born.

• Like 1

'

It has been going on for a long long time. Many transgender cannot be identified as to what gender they were born.

Surgery and life long drugs given to children is new and wrong.  Especially since most kids grow out of their confusion and become gay or straight.

Edited by Bodhicitta
  • Like 1

To claim that anyone has the one answer for everyone seems to me the height of arrogant, ignorance.

Just like I cant walk around pointing a gun at people. Sure one person might not be bothered by it, but the fact that most people would be bothered by it, I can make a reasonable assumption that I shouldn't do it. Yes, I am making a generalization about everyone, but it isn't an ignorant one.  

I honestly think the recent surge of transgender and gay/homosexuals (if that is the right word, don't want to be offensive.) is a natural response by the earth to regulate the rampant growth of the human population.

When I was woman walking into a men's bathroom at a concert site I was watched over and protected - as anyone should be.

I honestly think the recent surge of transgender and gay/homosexuals (if that is the right word, don't want to be offensive.) is a natural response by the earth to regulate the rampant growth of the human population.

This still seems to negate their value as human.

• Like 1

When I was woman walking into a men's bathroom at a concert site I was watched over and protected - as anyone should be.

So your saying if a guy walks into a womans bathroom a majority of woman would be OK with it? Especially bathrooms with mothers and young girls?

I think woman would get uncomfortable if they saw a large man follow a little girl into the same bathroom. 

I dont have anything against men and woman sharing the same bathroom, but im not a mother. And I know plenty of non-transgender males that would be uncomfortable with that situation. 

So your saying if a guy walks into a womans bathroom a majority of woman would be OK with it? Especially bathrooms with mothers and young girls?

I think woman would get uncomfortable if they saw a large man follow a little girl into the same bathroom. 

I dont have anything against men and woman sharing the same bathroom, but im not a mother. And I know plenty of non-transgender males that would be uncomfortable with that situation.

This is alarmist.

Note that the discussion is now being directed to a scenario painted in the mind of a large man and small girl.

• Like 2

There are legitimate questions of medical ethics when it comes to the treatment of gender dysphoria in children... 

The article actually addresses the rise in very young children, as young as 3 years old, being treated for gender dysphoria without studies to back the treatments. Yes, there are persons in the LBG community who are concerned. Heck, I am concerned about the children and the treatments they are receiving.

but it`s more fun to talk about who gets to use which bathroom.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 5

Because it implies that the purpose/meaning of their experience is to 'thin the herd'.

I don't know what the purpose or meaning of their existence is, and i don't think it should be implied that it is simply tied simply to reproduction. 

There are legitimate questions of medical ethics when it comes to the treatment of gender dysphoria in children... 

but it`s more fun to talk about who gets to use which bathroom.

You gotta cover all your bases. 

This is alarmist.

Note that the discussion is now being directed to a scenario painted in the mind of a large man and small girl.

Well that is what would possibly occur. These are serious issues people have. 

Well that is what would possibly occur. These are serious issues people have.

So let's talk about them seriously.

• Like 1

How so?

The point of view is from 30,000 feet. No feeling nothing personal, herds don't exist as living breathing feeling individual people that are so complex only the heart can comprehend, the mind cannot.

The point of view is from 30,000 feet. No feeling nothing personal, herds don't exist as living breathing feeling individual people that are so complex only the heart can comprehend, the mind cannot.

So biological processes in nature don't occur if your heart doesn't agree with it?

Sorry, but nature is far less forgiving. I can tell you that the over population of wolves in Canada has led to them being shot down from helicopters. That's a fact. To say that there are zero implications for over population of humans because it doesn't agree with the "purpose" of humans. That's just absurd. And yes, that is what we are talking about. 

You are looking at gender dysphoria/transgenderism as population control, MNN?

Your illustration of exterminating wolves in Canada as a correlation to human lives and population control is quite disturbing.

• Like 5

In my industry, we have been using unisex bathrooms for twenty years.

And at my wife's last job, in Venture Capital (vomit), their exclusive/executive bathrooms were joint and used by both men and women.

The title of this thread is a more palpable concern for me than the projective mind game drama.

• Like 3

You are looking at gender dysphoria/transgenderism as population control, MNN?

Your illustration of exterminating wolves in Canada as a correlation to human lives and population control is quite disturbing.

I raised the possibility that it was a natural response from nature to curb the rampant growth of the human population. Then the discussion evolved into whether or not it would be existentially permissible for humans. 

agreed. it was the first example of over population i could think of. 

Edited by MooNiNite
  • Like 1

In my industry, we have been using unisex bathrooms for twenty years.

And at my wife's last job, in Venture Capital (vomit), their exclusive/executive bathrooms were joint and used by both men and women.

The title of this thread is a more palpable concern for me than the projective mind game drama.

Sure... but I think the issue of children is more the concern then work environments that are not open to public anyways.

• Like 1

It`s funny about the bathroom thing.  I sometimes go to a Starbucks that has two bathrooms, one for women and one for men.  Both bathrooms lock so it`s just one person at a time.  There`s been a few times when the men`s bathroom is occupied and the women`s isn`t.  So I go into the women`s, lock the door, and use the facilities.  It just seems silly to me not to.  

I`ve noticed that a lot of guys don`t share my approach.  Men will stand outside the bathroom waiting for a long time when there`s a perfectly empty, single-person women`s bathroom right there.  I don`t get it.  

Am I some sort of crazy gender rebel?  Two notes: (1) I`d never use a women`s bathroom if it was meant for group use; (2) I`m always careful to put the seat down and leave things clean.

• Like 3