Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

The Weird Reasons Why People Make Up False Identities on the Internet

why did samuel langhorne clemons write under the name of mark twain?

he was some fraud or lacked authenticity?

he was not true to himself?

why did francois-marie arouet write under the name voltaire?

i reckon these two were just a couple of weirdos and should be disregarded entirely

in taoist history there are no un-named forest hermits??

edit>> george orwell wasnt that dudes real name either, or lewis carroll, tristan tzara, eckhart tolle, ayn rand  etc

Edited by zerostao

It's always resonated with me that I often know my self better by identifying what I am not...

and that becomes becomes further clarified by my actions, when I am absolutely certain that no one will know what I'm doing...

Being an author without a non de plume with a semi auto biographical book is quite a challenge to throw out to the world. Talk about naked exposure! Hanging out all, my dirty washing in public was quite scary, but, as I sold less than 200 books, it turns out the public aren't that interested after all :-)

Fame must be a funny kind of thing. Personalities are more often famous for the personality they portray than who they actually are. That must be hard on those who have gained popularity and fame by playing characters and don't actually want to be in the public eye, but want recognition for their work. It must also be hard on those who do want to be in the limelight and find themselves unable to step into the shoes of the characters they portray.

Edited by Karl

Practice more, here's a good video for you to purify your impure minds:

:)

I didn't realize walking was so complicated.

here i am :lol:

penguin-slideshow-141121-78754162.jpg

I can smell you from here ;-)

Penguins always look so cute until you go and see a colony. Then it's clear that they are as vicious as seagulls and the smell.....holy crap....the smell.

I can smell you from here ;-) Penguins always look so cute until you go and see a colony. Then it's clear that they are as vicious as seagulls and the smell.....holy crap....the smell.

yeah i thought they were super cool as a child, first visit to see some in real life and boy oh boy the stench of fish!! just horrible :lol:

• Like 1

I can confirm: his jacket's not blue.

I don't have many photos of myself -- that's from a press release a few years ago. In truth, I have coats of many colors.

EDIT: Today, my jacket is bright red with a big hood, but I won't be doing any riding...

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

I don't have many photos of myself -- that's from a press release a few years ago. In truth, I have coats of many colors.

EDIT: Today, my jacket is bright red with a big hood, but I won't be doing any riding...

Too cold to go riding here, I'm going to send my Avatar

Too cold to go riding here, I'm going to send my Avatar

Hi temp here today will be below freezing and the wind is blowing.

I'm also wearing blue pants, a plaid flannel shirt, and brown hiking boots. Oh! And a "mad bomber hat" even though I'm not actually a mad bomber...

Edited by Brian

I'm also wearing blue pants, a plaid flannel shirt, and brown hiking boots. Oh! And a "mad bomber hat" even though I'm not actually a mad bomber...

Is this in your front room in front of a raging fire? :D

You don't happen to also have a Banjo and some pigs .

You realise by saying the B word that you are now tagged and filed as a potential T word ?

• Like 1

Is this in your front room in front of a raging fire? :D

<looks for hidden camera>

No fire today but I do have wood set beside the fireplace in case we lose power due to the wind.

• Like 1

You don't happen to also have a Banjo and some pigs . You realise by saying the B word that you are now tagged and filed as a potential T word ?

Absolutely!

Sign in to follow this