林愛偉

Coming to NY in Jan-Feb (already passed)

It would be great to see you there brother.

Updating the place. I have a better spot than my school. I just received it today. I'll re-post the information once I get it confirmed.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Greetings Everyone,

Feb. 16, 17th is somewhat 3 weeks away. I am now preparing available hotels in Staten Island for those who will be staying for the weekend.

I need to know exactly who will be staying in a hotel for Friday night and Saturday night, till Sunday afternoon. Please let me know so I can arrange reservations for the rooms. Also, rooms would be cheaper if some of you share it.

Please let me know the price range you can work with. I found 2 hotels already, and their prices were $100-160 a nightly. They have 120$ rooms,. I am still looking for 80-100$ rooms, yet also making sure the area is safe. We may all travel to my gong fu school together, so car pooling would be a plus. If I find another place on Staten Island or at least closer to the Verazzano bridge in Brooklyn, then I'll arrange for it.

Let me know Asap...

718-27-5692 (Just leave a message on the machine if I am not there to answer, and or your number with whomever answers the phone. Please tell them your reason for calling)

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Okay Everyone,

Its all set!

Here is the address for the Cultivation Weekend happening on February 16 and 17th:

Fan Yin Temple

5601 Fort Hamilton Parkway

Brooklyn NY 11219, U.S.A.

Call me for more details. If anyone wants to come, please email me asap so I can send you the

information needed to attend.

ALSO I need to know who is coming so on Saturday afternoon, I can order the proper amount of vegetarian food for us to eat.

Any problems, questions, concerns, email me: [email protected]

Peace and Blessings... and See You There

Download updated info.

JXY__Cultivation_Meet_Feb_16_and_17_2008.doc

Edited by 林愛偉

Peace and Blesings Every One,

Feb. 16th and 17th Cultivation Meet is coming this weekend. Time is 8am-5pm sat. and sun.

If any one is interested in coming, please let me know by private email so I can email you stuff you will ned to bring. I can make hotel arrangements for those staying over night. Hotel costs $75. a night.

Cultivation Meet takes place at:

Fan Yin Temple

5601 Fort Hamilton Parkway

Brooklyn NY 11219, U.S.A.

Email: [email protected]

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Marrying on the ground of an embassy's soil most likely will not make you an American. John McCain, a candidate for US predidency, may be declared illegible for election because he was born on a military base in another country.

I have had stories about having a baby above US soil, in an airplane that is... that it allegedly gives you citizenship.

I haven't gotten this confirmed though but it may explain why the us airplane companies won't allow pregnant women aboard, if they have 2 months or less until they deliver.

Marrying on the ground of an embassy's soil most likely will not make you an American. John McCain, a candidate for US predidency, may be declared illegible for election because he was born on a military base in another country.

I have had stories about having a baby above US soil, in an airplane that is... that it allegedly gives you citizenship.

I haven't gotten this confirmed though but it may explain why the us airplane companies won't allow pregnant women aboard, if they have 2 months or less until they deliver.

I figured that much. But I also figured out the visa process and all is almost in full swing. It is possible I would be able to move back to the states by the end of the year, if not by the end of the summer. Then its full swing into establishing the cultivation school.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I figured that much. But I also figured out the visa process and all is almost in full swing. It is possible I would be able to move back to the states by the end of the year, if not by the end of the summer. Then its full swing into establishing the cultivation school.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Do me a favor. Please fix the lamp shade in your avatar :)

Do me a favor. Please fix the lamp shade in your avatar :)

The lamp shade was broken when I arrived at that apt. No one will fix it. I have worked on it many a times, but to no avail.. hahaha Yet... Maybe that is how it is, and doesn't need to be fixed, and my fixing was actually breaking it...?! :D

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

That lamp shade always fell down and then one day I found the position in which it now

stays... hahaha Made in China hahahaha

Now The time of the Cultivation Meet this weekend is from 8am- 5 pm.

Lunch will be provided by the temple, and we will eat noon. 5$ for the lunch, and it goes to the temple. For the first day, we are getting the main Buddha Hall, and the second day we will be on the second floor.

Very good stuff indeed. If you are coming, other than Oolong and JOeblast, let me know NOW! So I can arrange for your lunch to be made.

My cell number is: 347-756-8493

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

The reason is actually the vibrations and possible turbulences could cause a premature delivery so it's a really a health concern. Also I am sure it is no fun giving birth on a plane.

There was a mistake on the material needed for the workshop. On the Lines of the Great Compassion Mantra Commentary,

Line 39 of the Mantra Lines: It should read, Fa Sha Fa Shen

Between lines 38 and 40 on the Commentary: A La Shen Fo La She Li- at this place, for the commentary on the part of the line: Fo La She Li- the explanation should read; enlightened Bodhi Seed.

THEN

Right after that should be line 39. And that should read: Fa She Fa Shen with commentary; means joyful smiles, great hero, and unsurpassed knight.

Please correct that on your copies.

Lin, thanks again for a wonderful weekend of learning and cultivation!

For any of you that had the opportunity to come and didnt, you missed out big time! It was a great time, lots of good discussions on many aspects of cultivation, some good tea, and we were even treated to some extra good instruction and insights with Lin's gong fu brother Ronnie, who was quite a trip. Awesome guy!!! Meditation sessions were very insightful and productive with good discussions afterward...we got some great lessons on standing, rooting (Ronnie's 30 second rooting was hilarious) as well as good stretching in. Lin also had some good clues for me on working towards sitting in full lotus. Mantra study was far more than any of us had expected - it seems easy to dismiss things like that at first glance but after much discussion and probing of meaning and intent, we were all left with a much deeper appreciation of them. It was also impressive that Lin had the entire great compassion mantra memorized! He also showed us a very good set of yi jin jing exercises.

I'm so glad I went! Any time Lin has any training opportunities in the future, I am totally there, I dont care what I have going on. Its not too often that you meet someone that expounds the buddha dharma like Lin does. Anyone that has read his writings on the board here can see that he is very wise and respectable man. I am deeply appreciative to have had the opportunity to meet, train with, and learn from him!

Sucka wouldnt even take a donation I had planned on giving him! I knew I wasnt fast enough to slip it in the breast pocket on his jacket either! :lol:

Here's some pics from dinner Sunday night - I know Gerry has some more pics, hopefully he'll post them up when he gets a chance. He took some pics of the temple and stuff; Jen forgot her camera, these ones were taken with Lin's camera.

Lin, Jen, Me, and Gerry (Oolong Rabbit)

IMG_0268.jpg

The whole crew of us: Gerry, Theresa, Lady(?), Lin's dad Frank, me, Lin, Jen

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0262-1.jpg

And we actually did get Gerry to smile in one of these, even though his eyes were almost closed :D

IMG_0267.jpg

For any of you that had the opportunity to come and didnt, you missed out big time! It was a great time, lots of good discussions on many aspects of cultivation, some good tea, and we were even treated to some extra good instruction and insights with Lin's gong fu brother Ronnie, who was quite a trip. Awesome guy!!! Meditation sessions were very insightful and productive with good discussions afterward...we got some great lessons on standing, rooting (Ronnie's 30 second rooting was hilarious) as well as good stretching in. Lin also had some good clues for me on working towards sitting in full lotus. Mantra study was far more than any of us had expected - it seems easy to dismiss things like that at first glance but after much discussion and probing of meaning and intent, we were all left with a much deeper appreciation of them. It was also impressive that Lin had the entire great compassion mantra memorized! He also showed us a very good set of yi jin jing exercises.

I'm so glad I went! Any time Lin has any training opportunities in the future, I am totally there, I dont care what I have going on. Its not too often that you meet someone that expounds the buddha dharma like Lin does. Anyone that has read his writings on the board here can see that he is very wise and respectable man. I am deeply appreciative to have had the opportunity to meet, train with, and learn from him!

Sucka wouldnt even take a donation I had planned on giving him! I knew I wasnt fast enough to slip it in the breast pocket on his jacket either! :lol:

Here's some pics from dinner Sunday night - I know Gerry has some more pics, hopefully he'll post them up when he gets a chance. He took some pics of the temple and stuff; Jen forgot her camera, these ones were taken with Lin's camera.

Dan, I am so happy you and everyone who attended...attended. Simply because it is something that isn't easy to happen. We all investigated the Proper Buddha Dharma. A great majority of living beings don't know what Proper Buddha Dharma even looks like, tastes like, feels like, smells like, sounds like and even the mental posture to cultivate it in mind.

What a blessing having you all there helping each other investigate with wholesome intentions. Because states, and spiritual abilities (spiritual pentrations) are not spoken of "commercially" in Proper Buddha Dharma, many people disregard it and don't give it a second chance. What many fail to realize is that with proper cultivation of proper teachings, wisdom arises, and only with wisdom does one attain great abilities within the Buddha Dharma.

You are a wonderful person.. you all were, are. When I come back, we'll all do it again, go further with the Great Compassion Mantra and delve deeper into specific things we were doing during our sitting.. ;)

Then I will work on our cultivation home.. ^_^ SO we can live and constantly be in the surroundings of good cultivation.

I didn't accept the donation because the Proper Buddha DHarma is free, regardless of the abilities attained, wisdom nurtured and enlightenment realized. I wish we were still in the temple (Fan Yin Temple) when you offered, cause I would have given it to them.

More to come. The cultivation of The Great Compassion Dharma is not over. DOn't over look it...for it is more than just words and sounds. It is not a prayer either.

Peace and Blessings Brother.

Lin

And we actually did get Gerry to smile in one of these, even though his eyes were almost closed :D

IMG_0267.jpg

:o Okay that pic is so aweful dude. I look like a cross between the Happy Buddha on crack and Mr. Potato Head.... You will pay for that one brother haha!

hahahahaa well we had to keep snappin pics until we got one with a good smile from ya!!! but hey, I look pretty funny in that one too, like I'm trying to swallow a mouthful of motor oil or something :lol:

I can't go into too much detail now, but how many chances in life do you get to meet a truly remarkable being? I am not trying to 'blow smoke' here :P , but Lin is one of these rare beings. He doesn't like people putting him on a pedestal like this, and he doesn't flaunt his cultivation because he is also one of the most humble people you will ever meet. I had my reservations about the mantra cultivation like some of you probably did, but it was mostly born of my own ignorance. If you let yourself get hung up on this, you did yourself a great diservice. Stop looking so hard and you might just find what you are looking for.

Brds and Namo Amitabha!

hahahahaa well we had to keep snappin pics until we got one with a good smile from ya!!! but hey, I look pretty funny in that one too, like I'm trying to swallow a mouthful of motor oil or something :lol:

I think I can see the red phoenix shooting out of your head :lol: Now pass me a bagel!

P.S. Open invitation for you and Jen to come to Canada and I will teach you proper pronunciation.

I think I can see the red phoenix shooting out of your head :lol: Now pass me a bagel!

P.S. Open invitation for you and Jen to come to Canada and I will teach you proper pronunciation.

I'll have a Baaagel...haha

Mista Oolong Rabbit got me his pics! :) He thought he took more...so did I, hahahaa :)

Lin.jpg

I have no idea where we were standing when we took this...I think down the street from the temple...

P1010004.jpg

Shrine walking into the Fan Yin Temple

P1010006.jpg

Buddha shrine inside...that bowl on the right is fookin huuuuuge!!!!

P1010005.jpg

Here's the side of the building :lol:

P1010002.jpg

P1010001.jpg

We were standing right across the street from the temple. I keep thinking what a difference in how we interacted from that picture to the one outside the restaurant :D

I like the pic of Lin :)

That's true...since that pic was taken early Saturday morning, and the restaurant pics were Sunday evening after we all had a chance to know each other better!

Very cool to see the pics and I'm glad everyone had such a good time. I'm sorry I couldn't join you all but I did have the good fortune to celebrate my son's 21st birthday instead!

I look forward to a future gathering.

:)