林愛偉

Coming to NY in Jan-Feb (already passed)

Just a thought Lin, but I used to work in a hotel during university and they can get pretty noisy. Especially if there is a motivational seminar or some other craziness going on in the room beside you. We might be better off at a church hall or something like that. If not, we will make the best of it :) .

I am working on two ideas. No worries ^_^

Things in this nature always work out properly.. Funny thing is I am doing it by myself at the moment from China. HAHAHA

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Also, We can use my Gong Fu school, but there is no heating in the school, though there are heating fans and a propane heater, it gets a bit nippy in there. In the past, while in NY, my gongfu brothers and I would practice in the freezing cold, with no heater, in the winter, and in the summer with no AC. The school has no windows, yet has a big thick door. In the summer we used to make the walls sweat! hahaha literally.

Anywho... it would be cold, but I am sure not freeezzziiiiinnnnng cold..maybe. HAHAHA I will look for something a bit more comfortable, but if I can't considering I'm out here, we'll use my school in Brooklyn. It would be an "Old School" Cultivation Weekend.

We'll Be sure to eat our fill of Bitterness for 2 days.. HAHAHAHA

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

I'm sure the gung fu school will be warmer than out in the elements with a wet towel drying on one's back :)

I'm sure the gung fu school will be warmer than out in the elements with a wet towel drying on one's back :)

Uh Oh! Are you insisting we do some Cauldron Heating Cultivation??? :P

Then we'll keep it scheduled at my Gong Fu Temple, (Temple of Discipline.. haha) for it is a temple actually, small but functionable.

If I hear of any place more suitable, I will check things out.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I can't make it, even though I'd love to do some Old School cultivation.... No heaters in winter, no A/C in summer -- that's the way to train.

There's always in the future... :) Its a good way to see how one heats up from just basic meditation. lol

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Uh Oh! Are you insisting we do some Cauldron Heating Cultivation??? :P

Then we'll keep it scheduled at my Gong Fu Temple, (Temple of Discipline.. haha) for it is a temple actually, small but functionable.

If I hear of any place more suitable, I will check things out.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Dang. Why couldn't Lin have studied at the Temple of Luxurious Warmth and Coziness? :P

Dang. Why couldn't Lin have studied at the Temple of Luxurious Warmth and Coziness? :P

HAHA :D

The students of the temple were actually freezing, but we dealt with it for the sake of real gong fu cultivation.

Also, when out Sifu hit us in the cold, we remembered how it felt and made sure to fix our mistakes so we don't get beat up by him a seconod time.. but he still can beat us up! :lol:

Fun Stuff! Fortunately, there will be no beating up of anyone during our cultivation meet. We all have our own thoughts that beat us up all the times...lol So no need to emphasize it.

Bring sitting pillows because I don't have the resources to provide. It is very grassroots cultivation. Almost like being in a forest in the elements, but with a roof over our heads...not the sky hahahahaha

Peace,

Lin

Update!!!

The closest Airport to Staten Island, from where I am, is Newark Airport. Oolong Rabbit has a flight to Laguardia, and that's not a problem. La Guardia, I just found...lol... is about 45 mins - 1hr. to my home. Newark airport was the closer one, being about 25 mins.

There is a motel off Victory Boulevard in Staten Island called The Victory Motel, or Hotel. I believe their prices are not too expensive. A place to host our cultivation meet is still in the works. There are a few places being looked at; In Brooklyn and Staten Island. We want to keep things close together in traveling.

As time goes on, more will be updated.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

RSVP date moved up to January 15th, one month before the meet.

Time to make a roll call of those attending. I know of some who are coming. Anyone else interested?

Oh..Its Free! lol

I'll be arriving in NY this coming Wed. The cultivation weekend is still on with no change in plans.

Once I get to NY I'll be able to reserve a place for the weekend.

I would like to confirm who will be attending. So those who will be coming for the weekend of Feb. 16th and 17th, please leave a message here.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

It's too late to cancel my plan tickets now, so I am affraid you are stuck with me! :P .

P.S. I would like to donate a little bit Lin. You can use the money to help offset some of the expenses, or to put towards ypur goal of building a temple. How should those of us who wish to do so go about it?

Brgds!

It's too late to cancel my plan tickets now, so I am affraid you are stuck with me! :P .

P.S. I would like to donate a little bit Lin. You can use the money to help offset some of the expenses, or to put towards ypur goal of building a temple. How should those of us who wish to do so go about it?

Brgds!

Thank you so much. Any donations can be given in cash. Checks or money-orders can be made out to "Erik Oliva." There is also direct deposit, but I rather be face to face with the person who wishes to donate. Makes things more proper, humble.

Any donation goes directly to developing Jing Xin Yuan. I was given a lot of land upstate NY ,and while I am in there, I'll be checking out what the land looks like, and laying out plans for a cultivation center. There is much to do, and I am saving what I can to make this happen.

Also, I'm in the beginning stages of applying for a visa for my fiance so we can both live in NY. So when I get back, I'll be working on visa applications as well. So if any one knows about getting a "fiance visa", please fill me in. The government websites are confusing.

Lots of other stuff to do.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Unfortunately I dont know much about visas, but I'd like to contribute a little something as well.

The following material is needed for the cultivation weekend. Please, those who will attend, print it out and bring it with you for the Mantra study. Any one else wishing to attend please send me an email at:

[email protected]

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

P.S.- There was a mistake on the material needed for the workshop. On the Lines of the Great Compassion Mantra Commentary,

Line 39 of the Mantra Lines: It should read, Fa Sha Fa Shen

Between lines 38 and 40 on the Commentary: A La Shen Fo La She Li- at this place, for the commentary on the part of the line: Fo La She Li- the explanation should read; enlightened Bodhi Seed.

THEN

Right after that should be line 39. And that should read: Fa She Fa Shen with commentary; means joyful smiles, great hero, and unsurpassed knight.

Please correct that on your copies.

Edited by 林愛偉

Also, I'm in the beginning stages of applying for a visa for my fiance so we can both live in NY. So when I get back, I'll be working on visa applications as well. So if any one knows about getting a "fiance visa", please fill me in. The government websites are confusing.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Marry the girl :)

The following material is needed for the cultivation weekend. Please, those who will attend, print it out and bring it with you for the Mantra study. Any one else wishing to attend please send me an email at:

[email protected]

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

I've never seen a line by line explanation of the great compassion mantra like that before, so this is great.

When you have confirmed it, can you let me know exactly when you will be reciting the GCM as a group? I won't be comming to the states, but if i know when you'll be reciting, i'll join in from here.

Thanks.

Thanks Lin.

When you have confirmed it, can you let me know exactly when you will be reciting the GCM as a group? If i know when you'll be reciting, i'll join in from here.

Thanks.

Me too ....

Marry at the US embassy in China = US soil

Does the embassy allow that to actually happen? I never read it through their embassy websites. Pkease, tell me more..haha

Peace,

Lin

Thanks Lin.

I've never seen a line by line explanation of the great compassion mantra like that before, so this is great.

When you have confirmed it, can you let me know exactly when you will be reciting the GCM as a group? I won't be comming to the states, but if i know when you'll be reciting, i'll join in from here.

Thanks.

The explanation of the Great Compassion Mantra was done by Ven. Master Xuan Hua within the Great Compassion Dharani Sutra. I believe one can still get it from www.drba.org

The recitation will be various times during the weekend of the 16th and 17th, in Feb. The whole day will be of meditating, reciting, question and answer lecture, and even qigong cultivation. So whenever you want to recite, it will be in sync.. haha

Peace,

Lin

Does the embassy allow that to actually happen? I never read it through their embassy websites. Pkease, tell me more..haha

Peace,

Lin

I don't know but it's worth a shot.

It happens in movies LOL

The meeting place for the Cultivation Weekend will be at my Gong Fu Temple out in Brooklyn

The address: (Pending.. May Change within the next 2 weeks)

1871-E, (not east) Hubbard Place, off Flatbush Avenue

Between Avenue K and L.

Brooklyn NY, 11210(I think this is the zipcode)

I'm in NY now, so if anyone needs a bit more help, and has some questions, you can call me at\

1718-227-5692.

I know of a cheap motel near the Bay, also known as Ceasars Bay Bazaar, off of Bay Parkway in Brooklyn.

I believe their prices range form 60-100 a night. I will go out there and check up to make sure.

Please don't forget to dress in loose fitting clothing, dress warmly and bring your own meditation seat, a towel for the ground, and patience.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉