林愛偉

Coming to NY in Jan-Feb (already passed)

My favorite tea was given to me by this lady that works in the building where I work...one of her employees if from china and brought a vacuum sealed bag of tea leaves & stems, they are crunched up very small but unfold when steeping. I got two bags, just opened the second one...and I have no idea what this stuff is because I cant read the label!! :lol:

I hope to get a translation sometime before I run out so I can find out where to get more! I drink either that stuff or carrington green w/ ginseng. I just tried some carrington white w/ ginseng I saw at the store yesterday, it was pretty good. I dont know that my taste is refined enough to be able to taste the bag though :D

lol hundun you make it seem as if though you make love to the tea

brother, i do my best to make love to EVERYTHING! :lol:

the tea is easy to love; it gives so much back in return.

The plan for our cultivation meet in February 2008 is attached in this post.

It may change, but I think it looks good for now. Your thoughts please :D

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

I am looking into flights, and trying to figure out how to get an "okay" on this. I may work the christmas present angle even though I will be paying myself :D . It may also fall during a time I have an annual conference for work, so crossing my fingers. Do you have a location in mind, and if so which airport and how far from it.

Thx.

So that's Sunday-Monday?

Sounds very interesting!

AH!!!! :o:D

It should be 16 and 17 hahaha Saturday and Sunday... I HAVE RE-EDITED THE INFO

Peace,

Lin

I am looking into flights, and trying to figure out how to get an "okay" on this. I may work the christmas present angle even though I will be paying myself :D . It may also fall during a time I have an annual conference for work, so crossing my fingers. Do you have a location in mind, and if so which airport and how far from it.

Thx.

Feb. 16 and 17 .. weekend.. haha

Anywho.. If we have about 6 people, it can be at my home. But I believe it will be more people, and so I will rent a small hall.. in either Staten Island, or Brooklyn.

I could use my Gong Fu school in Brooklyn, but it would be cold for there is no heating system, only propane heating...which is very loud, and when shut off the heat lasts about 30 mins. Not fun.. and its a gongfu school...not a good place to do what we are doing.

The closest airport is Laguardia and its about 25 mins from my home.. should be.. haha

If anyone is flying in for the 2 days, let me know by Jan. I will prepare a hotel close to my home, nothing expensive believe me.

Flying in should arrive by friday, and I will arrange to pick you up at the airport.

The meeting is not going to cost any one anything. I'm not doing this for personal profit. Just a service.

:D

I'm not representing any cult either... haha

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

I bought my plane tickets last night. I know that if I left it too long my mind would just start creating excuses on why I couldn't do it. I am really looking forward to meeting sifu Lin Aiwei, Hundun and any other TB's that attend. My flight lands at La Guardia Friday Feb 15th at 10:30am. :) .

I bought my plane tickets last night. I know that if I left it too long my mind would just start creating excuses on why I couldn't do it. I am really looking forward to meeting sifu Lin Aiwei, Hundun and any other TB's that attend. My flight lands at La Guardia Friday Feb 15th at 10:30am. :) .

i'm still getting ready for my visit to harvard at the end of the month (anyone who lives in the area should come hear me run my mouth and participate), but after that's over with i'll be setting my sights on NY. i'll be there. i hope to contribute to the overall presence of the group.

and change everyone's life with some good tea.

:lol:

Edited by Hundun

luckily its only a short 2 hour jaunt down the highway for me :) I look forward to doing some learning.

i'm still getting ready for my visit to harvard at the end of the month (anyone who lives in the area should come hear me run my mouth and participate), but after that's over with i'll be setting my sights on NY. i'll be there. i hope to contribute to the overall presence of the group.

and change everyone's life with some good tea.

:lol:

What are you doing at Harvard Hundun? I will see what I can do for tea but the customs guys might mistake it for drugs or something :o

luckily its only a short 2 hour jaunt down the highway for me :) I look forward to doing some learning.

Joeblast,

Hope to see you there. If Sifu Lin Aiwei is half as wise and patient in person as he is on this forum, then I am sure it will be a great experience. Sometimes I read or watch his work and I am blown away, yet he is always so humble about everything.

What are you doing at Harvard Hundun? I will see what I can do for tea but the customs guys might mistake it for drugs or something :o

damn, i never considered that there could be a problem transporting tea on an airplane.

TEAS ON A PLANE!

;)

as for what i'm doing there: just having a good time and sharing some stuff. they have a meditation group on campus. (i can't imagine that it's very big, which is why i'm hoping some bums in the area might drop by.) i'll be giving a talk about meditation practice as a means of unplugging from cultural hypnosis. i'll probably touch on the accomplish-consume-acquire cycle that seems to typify over-achieving folk like those at harvard. i'll probably borrow heavily from the article i posted in the articles section.

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?showto...amp;#entry41856

i'll also talk about qi and share some qigong practices. i'll lead a seated 20-minute meditation, during which i'll emit some qi, and then i'll probably just hang out. i want some of that famous clam chowder.

i'll probably share some poetry as well, since i'm positive that their poetry group is much larger. i'll probably drop some lyrics the night before, and then invite those people to my talk the following day.

i want to leave it all pretty loose, and just respond to the occasion as it develops.

but i definitely want some clam chowder.

Joeblast,

Hope to see you there. If Sifu Lin Aiwei is half as wise and patient in person as he is on this forum, then I am sure it will be a great experience. Sometimes I read or watch his work and I am blown away, yet he is always so humble about everything.

I'll definitely be there. I've been impressed with Lin as well :)

re: Kunlun...I swear I got the idea somewhere around here that level 1 was ~3 months...so me being the bit chomper I am, hastily concluded that ~2 seemed close enough. :rolleyes: I had another look in the book and it does say 6 like Chris pointed out. thanks for the heads up!

Very humbling to see many of us interested and preparing to come out. If anyone comes on Friday, the 15th of Feb, at any time we can have a great time discussing things before the set cultivation plan.

Remember, we can all discuss anything concerning cultivation freely. All doubts and whatnot are welcome as well.

If anyone is flying in on friday, please let me know in advance and I will try to make it to the airport myself to meet you.

Concerning food..hahaha My cooking isn't the greatest, but I can try...if we hold it at my house. If not, then there is always diners, and other not so healthy places we can get vegetables and or anything you wish to eat..lol

I am vegetarian, so don't expect me to be frying up steak and lamb and such. Unless you truly cannot do without it, then buy it yourself and I will do my best to make it for you...considering we are at my home... :D

I remember during my discipleship ceremony at my Wing Chun gong fu school, my Sifu, Alan Goldberg, told me to order duck, pig and fish for the guests..hahaha I did. And then at the end of the ceremony he told me to cut it up and prepare it for everyone. I used our short swords to do it because we didn't have knives..hahaha

People stared at me with wide eyes while I cut away at the meat, serving others. It was quite funny.. I wish we had that on tape...hahahaha

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

damn, i never considered that there could be a problem transporting tea on an airplane.

TEAS ON A PLANE!

;)

HAHAHAHAHA

"I'm getting $%&(ing sick and tired of these Mother$*%&ing TEAS on this Mother %&^#ing Plane!"

ahahahah

So funny ....so funny!

Peace,

Lin

Remember Everyone:

If you are planning to come, I need to know by the beg. of December. After dec. 10th I should have the full count of those attending, and that would be the final one. Then I can arrange things from there.

So, those who are def. coming, email me with the subject : Cultivation

Just say who you are, and you will be coming in feb. and how many people you are.

[email protected]

Alrighty...

I will be sending out material in email to those attending on the Great Compassion Mantra. So when I get an email from those who are attending, I will send the material out by the end of dec. THen just print if out and bring it to the cultivation meet.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Heck, we could probably chip in and make a quick shopping run on friday so we can prepare some meals to cut down on the need for going out. I wouldnt mind assisting in cooking, I enjoy it.

Heck, we could probably chip in and make a quick shopping run on friday so we can prepare some meals to cut down on the need for going out. I wouldnt mind assisting in cooking, I enjoy it.

Sounds like fun. OolongRabbit will be coming in by 10:30am. So he's early, but anyone wants to come in on friday afternoons and evening be my guest. Once I know the count, I will post up hotels in the area, I know googling some would be good...But I feel getting everyone in a similar place would be convenient. Also, once I am sure of how many people will def. show up, I can decide whether my home is good for it, or renting a space on the island. I like my home because its private, but we'll have to do with what we get. haha

Also that month I'll be checking up land about 30 min. near Binghamton NY to see if it is fit to make a cultivation center. I haven't seen pics yet, but I heard that it is surrounded by mountains and forests...that's kind of the countryside ...lol Once that begins, I'll return to NY in the summer and continue cultivation there.

Okay... I await rsvp's.

Peace,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉

Interesting. I would be interested to come and meet everyone although I can't really see myself doing mantra study. I would rather meditate 12 hours straight.

Max

Interesting. I would be interested to come and meet everyone although I can't really see myself doing mantra study. I would rather meditate 12 hours straight.

Max

:)

you are welcome to come and work with what you feel benefits you.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Okay, time is getting near to when I must be sure who will be attending the cultivation weekend in Feb 16 and 17th.

The place may be in a local hotel meeting room, without table possibly. First, must be clear on who will attend.

I need to know by Dec. 15th, of this year, on the amount of people coming, and who they are bringing.

Space really isn't limited, but I need to know what kind of space I will rent for us for the 3 2 day cultivation meet.

The information is in a previous posting for anyone new to the thread.

Simply email me personally at : [email protected] Subject titled: Cultivation Weekend RSVP

Some have done so already, and so they do not have to do it again. :)

May you all be well.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Unfortunately, I can't make that weekend. My son turns 21 on the 17th!

Have a wonderful time, everyone. If a change in date becomes necessary, I'll certainly try to join you.

Sorry I'll miss it. It would be a great honor to study with you.

Yours

Michael

You give me too much credit my brother.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Just a thought Lin, but I used to work in a hotel during university and they can get pretty noisy. Especially if there is a motivational seminar or some other craziness going on in the room beside you. We might be better off at a church hall or something like that. If not, we will make the best of it :) .