DreamBliss

Any Books Out There Teaching You How To Talk To Plants and Trees?

Honestly I didn't even know this could be done until someone told me that she can do it. She seemed pretty accurate in what she told me some plamts said to her, when she spoke to them on my behalf. Maybe this is a shaman thing? Or maybe it is a sensitive thing?

It makes sense that you should be able to communicate with them. Because they are connected to the Source, same as you, and that same energy is inside them as it is in you. It should be able to communicate with you through the perspective and form of a bush or a tree.

I was wondering if there are any books out there that teach this? I think this is something I would like to learn how to do. I feel strangely drawn to it. Sadly, this person who claims to be able to do so, will no longer talk to me. But I have a hunch that someone in these forums is able to do this.

As always, I appreciate your help.

• Like 4

Don Juan mentions it in a number of Carlos Castaneda's books. The initial idea was to talk to plants so that Carlos would lose his self importance. I don't think he ever did it in such a straightforward manner, but he did becoming quite intuitive towards his environment, so at least he had the listening part to some degree. Talking seems to be a matter of unbending intent.

• Like 2

I almost never read books on spiritual things, it's never been my path. And now that it is I've strong feelings not to read too much. This forum is all in all pretty much more than i can digest  :P

so, can't advise you a book

But i would advise you to care for plants and listen to them. That's the first step to communication.

Can be plants inside or outside the house, or a tree, just connect lovingly. Maybe take up gardening. And wait, it takes patience, trees for example are great beings, but they have all the time of the world,

• Like 4

Again. no books, but I agree with the above advice about listening.   try to tune out the rest and focus on the plant in question

This is a great start ... think of the 'spirit' or 'form' that 'inhabits' the plant and try to communicate with them, more so than the 'material' plant  .... and have a read of this too 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dryad  and follow up material 

and listen to this  double album ( and read the lyrics )   

• Like 1

Try this experiment...have a plant in front of you which you like. Get a sense of how your body feels in general...kind of like the atmosphere around your skin. Feel free to think of other thoughts for a moment...such as contemplate your grocery list. Notice how that feels to do (in terms of your vibe or skin sensation). Then pay attention to the plant in front of you, and notice how the feeling changes drastically. Stay focused on that feeling, because that's how the plant spirit is beginning to communicate with you. It's how you're aware of the spiritual aspect of the plant...because of course, a feeling is not something entirely physical.

I haven't personally played around with it much, yet...but someone who does it successfully told me how to do it. Then it will communicate in many different ways...especially if you're grateful and appreciative of the plant. That grateful energy opens you up to it...it's similar to how if you see your best friend, you feel positive and so do they, and the friendship works. You want to be around each other and help etc. Versus if there's someone who is your enemy, the connection will be closed. So in order to open up the line of communication with a plant, appreciate it.

Thinking about getting this book soon, which not only talks about this plant spirit medicine aspect, but also focuses on the symbolism of plants and what they can mean. So for those who are less intuitively inclined, there can be something gained from it. Disclaimer: I have no idea if the book is good or horrible, just stumbled upon it without looking into it.

There are probably also certain plants which are better to start this kind of meditation with, in order to open up the communication and one's intuition. Maybe mugwort is one...not sure. Gotta put time into attempting, in order for anything to happen.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 1

Generally, those who speak with the plants and get answers such as the hours at which the plant receive water, or what people do in the house during the day... they are just psyco-reading the environment.

"Speak with the plants" means to rely on emotions to create a language for communication: the plant perceives loving-kindness and can send you back a reply.

Edited by Cheshire Cat

DreamBliss ....    that guy, the author, used to live on, and started his  ' commune with nature trip' on the community I have lived on for near 30 years , and still do. 

We used to have a website up - that was great, but its gone now, it had stuff about him and the aarly days here and tracked the development of  what went on to happen here from that, and many people that also started here and went on to do other things and pursue their will and work in all sorts of places (mine stayed here).

Back then we had an association with Findhorn Community in Scotland (fairly famous for similar stuff). 

Many people have been through here. Some already established and in their own rights some as virtual lost waifs and travellers. Another guy contemporary to Rhodes, and leading inspirational founder became a great Aussie sculptor and made this at the centre of Sydney by the harbour .... he's brill! 

dancing-brolgas-darling-harbour1.JPG

and

IMG_8368_DarlingHarbourWhal.jpg

He has also made one of the higgs-bosun , I was at his studio last year.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Terrance+Plowright+sculpture&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=577&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=t_RvVZSlCYWNuATQroHABQ&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=_

I would not be surprised if Roads mentioned this place. 

Interesting ! 

Far out!  This stimulated me to go a search with some names and Michael and Treenie Roads, and I got a hit, with them mentioned in it, a womans story about her journey of communing with nature and a  photo of our place before I was here ....  :)

https://elizabethinsightsandencounters.wordpress.com/making-friends-with-plants-and-becoming-at-home-with-nature/my-return-to-the-city-and-an-introduction-to-natural-healing/

Commune ?   Psssh !, its just a ramshackle hippy caravan settlement .

HA! The community got built a bit after that ... and not by people that went on to be new age book sellers and channellers , a few that did come from here back then. 

But some people DID GET THE REALITY of that dream  ( commune and live with and in nature ) actually manifested  ( after the Aquarian visionaries   ran off to be 'successful' in  various types of 'new age marketing' and left their untogether mess behind ) 

d1c5d4fd4bee933a8a91f1fafa2cfe4b.jpg

( Ohhhh, the things I know about all of that  !     :ph34r:   ) 

Edited by Nungali

So Nungali, would you recommend his book?

I have heard of Findhorn. They have a bursar there, unlike the other spiritual communities I have heard about. I think I would like to visit there one day. Always wanted to see Ireland and Scotland anyway, and then I have a certain friend over in that direction too...

I would like to hear more about this commune where you live. Is there any information about it out there? Is this it:

http://www.communities.org.au/projects/homeland-community

Thank you for all the info!

All Else

I will do as you have suggested. I have sat under a tree, not sure what kind it is, but I love the sound of its leaves in the slightest breeze. It is one of my meditation spaces. Maybe, instead of tuning into the sound of the wind in the leaves or my breath I should tune it to the tree, in the same way you tune in when you are going to listen to a person who is talking to you. Just have that assumption, that the tree will speak and I just need to listen. Think that will work?

I used to have a silver leaf maple. I loved that tree, transplanted it where we used to live. Not even sure if it is still alive. Always intended to go back there and get another seedling. I have an ancient silver leaf living outside of what I call my special place, a mental place I had in my mind. This one was my Dream Tree, per Robert Moss's instructions. I wonder if I would have a greater connection with one of these trees?

Edited by DreamBliss

You might lookup Findhorn - it was a commune and still is of sorts - though nothing like it was in its heyday.

It is in Scotland - we celebrated my son's first Bday there.

Also Dorthy Maclean

Dorthy was one of the original members back when Findhorn was doing shockingly amazing things with the plants they were growing. Super sized cabbage the size of boulders etc. She learned to talk to many things and was very clearly successful at it.

Met with her once in Berkeley.

Edited by Spotless

Actually Mushrooms are also very good and more grounded and make you less queasy.

Ayahuasca is big bucks now and all the rage so it might be easier to find.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

No need to use power plants in order to interact with plant life.

Trees are especially interesting because they generally live for a very long time and they view things from the perspective of a different timeframe than we are used to. Most are very introspective and withdrawn, however, so great patience is often needed to wait for them to notice an inquisitive fellow being of light in human form and open themselves for communication.

• Like 7

Brian's suggestion is very true.

It is also a great place to start because it is not hard to immediately feel the energy of a tree - and the different energies of the different trees and different species. These are very alive beings often with large electrical connections covering huge areas.

Edited by Spotless

Take ayahuasca to talk to plants.

This is one of the experiences I wish to have in my Book of Dreams. Just found a $3,000 retreat I think at or around Machu Picchu where you take this. It is in one of Pam Grout's vacation books.

There is also this one, detailed here:

http://aidanjreid.com/2014/05/03/ayahuasca/

Either that, or I will just hike my way deep into the South American jungle and find a shaman.

Edited by DreamBliss

Actually Mushrooms are also very good and more grounded and make you less queasy.

Ayahuasca is big bucks now and all the rage so it might be easier to find.

I have taken shrooms a couple of times. No talking plants. But it did change me, my mind, my way of thinking. I just couldn't be as depressed as I was before I took them. I still remember, even now, how bright the colors were, how alive everything seemed to be, the day after I took them. The effect lasted for a few days as I recall.

I recommend psilocin shrooms to everyone, especially anyone depressed or suicidal. I can't speak for the muscimol. shrooms such as amanita muscaria, although I am determined to try these at least once too.

Edited by DreamBliss

So Nungali, would you recommend his book?

I have heard of Findhorn. They have a bursar there, unlike the other spiritual communities I have heard about. I think I would like to visit there one day. Always wanted to see Ireland and Scotland anyway, and then I have a certain friend over in that direction too...

I would like to hear more about this commune where you live. Is there any information about it out there? Is this it:

http://www.communities.org.au/projects/homeland-community

Thank you for all the info!

Thats it, but that site is inaccurate and well out of date with a photo from the 70s or something. We had a great site up but it dot raided and destroyed during our Supreme court battle.

I might reccomend some of those books for beginners or dreamers , but you know I am a stickler for going beyond that and finding ways to actually manifest visions in hard < knock knock> reality.

At least Roads, when he was here, did some back up real work, like soil testing and analysis  and got a little practical.

better than hippy idiots communing with nature spirits and using love to grow the veggies, while their uneducated practices continue to damage the soil, so they just walk off and leave their mess behind for me to actually fix, meanwhile they have gone off to make money from what they 'learnt'  here . Not Roads ... more like people like the one that sold 'diamond light' . 

His work I have read, I would not recommend as it was very early. His latter stuff might be better, But a lot of these guys made a BIG mistake, trying to transplant a Findhorn concept that developed there, in their way and experience, with the 'spirits' 'up  there' to here 'down under' and ignored all the  relevant info down here available to them about THIS places nature and 'spirits'

here ! 

I have gone waaaay beyond what they were trying to do, I continually have access to the nature spirits here and contact with the land energies and the indigenous spirits, I have learnt how to garden in this new strange non European land without fucking over the environment ... but hey  <shrug>   no one listens to me much .... I am not prestigious or flashy enough      :P

What would I know ?  

PS. I also lived on the first community ever made in Australia and helped to look after its founder there when he was 97 - he had been through 3 wars and back - Boar war WWI and WWII

- he knew a bit too ... not many listened to him though  (although I did and WOW ! )  he wasnt flashy or wrote books either ... but he had experienced more of life and knew what to do about it than just about anybody else I have ever met .

Edited by Nungali

No need to use power plants in order to interact with plant life.

Trees are especially interesting because they generally live for a very long time and they view things from the perspective of a different timeframe than we are used to. Most are very introspective and withdrawn, however, so great patience is often needed to wait for them to notice an inquisitive fellow being of light in human form and open themselves for communication.

I hugged the biggest tree in New Zealand and out my cheek against it, Then I realised, with my ear against the smooth bark, you could hear it - the fluids flowing up, or down, through it, amazing sound

Tupuna nui ; 

Lash-at-worlds-biggest-Kauri-tree-Waipou

• Like 2

This is one of the experiences I wish to have in my Book of Dreams. Just found a $3,000 retreat I think at or around Machu Picchu where you take this. It is in one of Pam Grout's vacation books.

There is also this one, detailed here:

http://aidanjreid.com/2014/05/03/ayahuasca/

Either that, or I will just hike my way deep into the South American jungle and find a shaman.

I'm sure you can do it a lot cheaper than $3,000 and not have to leave the USA. I don't believe it is illegal in the USA yet?

• Like 1

No, not illegal, but I would like the official, rough experience. Not the tourist experience, if I can help it. Of course both the $3,000 and $400.00 experiences are probably touristy. But more real than some Americanized version. Am I explaining this very well? I will try another way...

Sure you could go to your friendly local drug dealer and buy some peyote buttons. That is one way to try peyote. But another, far superior way (to my mind at least) would be to go to a Native American settlement, where the people still practice the old ways, and experience the peyote in one of their ceremonies.

That's kinda what I would like to experience with the Ayahuasca. It is native to South America, and used by indigenous peoples in their ceremonies. I would like to experience it that way, if I can. Or at least in South America.

Nungali

Thank you for all the information. Also that is one massive grandaddy of a tree! Now I have yet another reason to visit New Zealand, Hobbitown being at the top of my list...

Edited by DreamBliss

I've been getting into Stephen Buhner's work recently.  His books are great, and I also love listening to interviews/talks with him.  He is an herbalist/botanist who has a good balance of traditional wisdom and modern science in his approach.  He's written some books on natural antibiotics, Lyme disease, etc. and he has definitely done lots of research on biochemistry.  At the same time, he writes a lot about listening to and communicating with plants, going from mind-centered cognition to a heart-centered perception.  Really awesome stuff.

Of his books, I really like Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm and Secret Teachings of Plants in particular.  I've been into this stuff for a while before reading him, but reading him has really done wonders for my understanding and relating to the natural world.

Edited by futuredaze