DreamBliss

Any Books Out There Teaching You How To Talk To Plants and Trees?

Honestly I didn't even know this could be done until someone told me that she can do it. She seemed pretty accurate in what she told me some plamts said to her, when she spoke to them on my behalf. Maybe this is a shaman thing? Or maybe it is a sensitive thing?

It makes sense that you should be able to communicate with them. Because they are connected to the Source, same as you, and that same energy is inside them as it is in you. It should be able to communicate with you through the perspective and form of a bush or a tree.

I was wondering if there are any books out there that teach this? I think this is something I would like to learn how to do. I feel strangely drawn to it. Sadly, this person who claims to be able to do so, will no longer talk to me. But I have a hunch that someone in these forums is able to do this.

As always, I appreciate your help.

I can't say I've spoken to plants, but I can say that being with plants and water will drain you of any negativity that might exist. This was a while back, when I was in a stressful job (or was less capable of letting go of foolish emotions and egotism), I came home feeling really angry and frustrated. For some reason my wife kept insisting that I help her in the garden. So grudgingly I picked up the watering hose and started spraying the plants and a mid-sized maple tree in my front yard. Now, this maple tree has been involved in many of my tai chi practices, including practicing with it itself, but on that particular day, no sooner than I started watering it, my negativity, anger, frustration just evaporated! I was left with a feeling of great peace and serenity (like I had just finished a nice meditation session)...

• Like 3

Nungali

Thank you for all the information. Also that is one massive grandaddy of a tree! Now I have yet another reason to visit New Zealand, Hobbitown being at the top of my list...

Hobbit town ?   Pffft !

Man, there are real  Hobbit towns and places there ... 

There are a zillion reasons to visit NZ.  Its amazing, It all feels so 'new' , even geologically, yet at the same time, in the natural parts it feels like some prehistoric era. The plant life and vegetation are amazing .... its  lush   and  ferny   ( the national emblem )

Giant fern forest 

ddpphotos088543-AU02_KSC0019.jpg

.  It has ( or had , when I was there ) a great network of well built and placed modern  backpacker / traveller / camper ( tramping they call it there )  hostels - cheap too. 

I stayed at this one for ages ,

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Kaikoura+youth+hostel&espv=2&biw=1242&bih=577&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=mWlzVeTCNs2LuwSxuodg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg

<sigh ... memories >   amazing views, coastal landscapes, next to a fisherman's warf where I got fresh crabs lobsters and fish for a pittance and would BBQ them at the hostel, and yes, I even spent some time with  nice woman I met there :) )

People were amazing, twice, not just once, but twice, I got picked up hitch hiking, taken home, got given dinner and a bed for the night and in the morning I was told if I drove the hubby to work, and picked him up at the end of the day, I could use the car for sightseeing in that area , and I was welcome to do that for a few days - with total strangers - , the first time that happened it blew me out, but twice ? !   :blink:      :)

One place I  camped at for a bout 5 days by myself had a beautiful stream, large trout and watercress,  nearby kumra ( native sweet potato )  wild mushrooms, giant blackberries ( thats protein, minerals starch and Vit. C. ). I came back with teh food I took there. 

The Maori were fantastic - once you learn how to relate to a ferocious large monster that comes up to you and puts his face 1/4 inch from yours ( you are supposed to rub noses )  or threatens to kill and eat you, but you buy him a beer and start chatting, and he invites you back to his place, which is a feral camp with the rest of the family  .... on one of the most beautiful places on earth, beside Lake Taupo - (so clean, you can see to the bottom, and its deeeep  - actually its scary - looking over the side of the boat, you feel like you are going to fall ... and floating on the surface swimming and looking down is one of the freakiest things ( while all the Maori in the boat are laughing at you :D ) ...  their mates boat, that is, that they have taken you jetboating in ( the same trip costs heaps for tourists ) .... and cooking food in hot springs ... and and and   ....   :)

Of course, I highly recommend a trip there for you ....   be great for your continued individuation process ... contact some raw and vital male energy ....   " Get it up Bud !  Do a dance with us ! "    ( they would tell you  ....   yes tell you    :) . I absolutely loved it !  get your 'blood up '    < wacks his own chest >

"Come on Cusybro ! get on the end of the line and follow along ! "

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

WOW that is... Intense... And rubbing my nose with one of those guys? OK, I'm game. Looks like my body type would fit right in there too... Hairy tall and with a big belly... Maybe I was a Maori in a previous incarnation?

That fern forest... I still remember playing Elder Scrolls Morrowind and enjoying the large mushrooms:

MshrmGuyNight.jpg

Makes me wonder if places like that might exist somewhere in the "real" world. But just those large ferns would be worth a visit. I may have to add New Zealand to my Book of Dreams...

Oh and the lake? If it wouldn't risk offending anyone, I would rip off all my clothes and jump right in. That is the only proper response to a crystal clear deep lake.

Edited by DreamBliss

I can't say I've spoken to plants, but I can say that being with plants and water will drain you of any negativity that might exist. This was a while back, when I was in a stressful job (or was less capable of letting go of foolish emotions and egotism), I came home feeling really angry and frustrated. For some reason my wife kept insisting that I help her in the garden. So grudgingly I picked up the watering hose and started spraying the plants and a mid-sized maple tree in my front yard. Now, this maple tree has been involved in many of my tai chi practices, including practicing with it itself, but on that particular day, no sooner than I started watering it, my negativity, anger, frustration just evaporated! I was left with a feeling of great peace and serenity (like I had just finished a nice meditation session)...

:D  :D  :D

Edited by blue eyed snake

contact some raw and vital male energy ....   " Get it up Bud !  Do a dance with us ! "    ( they would tell you  ....   yes tell you    :) . I absolutely loved it !  get your 'blood up '    < wacks his own chest >

"Come on Cusybro ! get on the end of the line and follow along ! "

nice!

talking about male energy...

but in a way i like this one even better, looked only the first part, those young guys doing this, seems healthy to me

• Like 1

WOW that is... Intense... And rubbing my nose with one of those guys? OK, I'm game. Looks like my body type would fit right in there too... Hairy tall and with a big belly... Maybe I was a Maori in a previous incarnation?

That fern forest... I still remember playing Elder Scrolls Morrowind and enjoying the large mushrooms:

MshrmGuyNight.jpg

Makes me wonder if places like that might exist somewhere in the "real" world. But just those large ferns would be worth a visit. I may have to add New Zealand to my Book of Dreams...

Oh and the lake? If it wouldn't risk offending anyone, I would rip off all my clothes and jump right in. That is the only proper response to a crystal clear deep lake.

get off the fuckin computer games !     ass-kicking.gif

get out there and do it .... you often compare what others have experienced in life to some crap computer game or movie .... you can live it man !

Bite the orange ....     plunge into the waters 

Lake Taupo

Kayak-Maori-Carvings.jpg

... and if you compare this to a video game ... God help me ... I will come over there, grab you and force you  to go on a holiday to  N.Z.  

smiley-face-shaking-fist.gif

Ha har !  check this one out at 0:47    :D

Bloody Kiwis - they have infiltrated everywhere here ... even our police force !     :)

Edited by Nungali

Actually it kinda reminds me of this:
post-90029-0-86099300-1433756782_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... I retreated into video games back in 1999 and have only recently started to come out. I have never been able to travel anywhere. If I want to travel I have to make it happen myself, and all I can do there is apply those LoA teachings you don't seem to be too hip about.

But I have my Book of Dreams, and I am adding New Zealand to it. Could you tell me the name of the place where this tree and the fern forest are located? I looked at Google Images for some High Res pics (1920x1080 or bigger) to add to my BoD but found very little. If I have the name of the places where these are I can look up the place itself.

Thank you.

Oh and BTW, BRING IT ON!
bring-it-on-o.gif

Edited by DreamBliss

Actually it kinda reminds me of this:

attachicon.gifFable Anniversary Small.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... I retreated into video games back in 1999 and have only recently started to come out. I have never been able to travel anywhere. If I want to travel I have to make it happen myself, and all I can do there is apply those LoA teachings you don't seem to be too hip about.

see below  * 

But I have my Book of Dreams, and I am adding New Zealand to it. Could you tell me the name of the place where this tree and the fern forest are located? I looked at Google Images for some High Res pics (1920x1080 or bigger) to add to my BoD but found very little. If I have the name of the places where these are I can look up the place itself.

Thank you.

I just google NZ tree ferns, There are places like that all over NZ and different looking country at nearly every turn of the road ,it doesnt take long to go from east to west in some places, at some places you can be skiing in the morning at surfing in the afternoon.  I best to get a guide book and do some reserach, or prelude a serach with 'the best places to find .... in new Zealand.

Move that noggin man,    ( You see ... one has to make a request here, one can kick a but, but not a head ... that's going a bit far) . 

Oh and BTW, BRING IT ON!

bring-it-on-o.gif

Right then !  You asked for i. I have the tickets .... I'm coming .... look out ! 

packing-suitcase-or-bag-o.gif

*  DreamBliss and Nungali , in their cabin,  cruise ship, mid - Pacific;

< Just start at 04.38 substitute the words...' Niagara Falls '   with "Law of Attraction' . > 

( and stop playing computer games ... that's very immature. )

All I have to say to that is...

lmao.gif.cceae976b88e2f28f377044f5475722

Well whether or not anyone comes and drags me out of the house, I am leaving in late August, early September. That is the plan. Unrealistic. Probably stupid. But that is the plan.

Video games immature? Please don't tell me you have been drinking the Kool Aid of society regarding what is considered mature. Please god no!

Edited by DreamBliss

Video games immature? Please don't tell me you have been drinking the Kool Aid of society regarding what is considered mature. 

What are the benefits of them? How do they further the seeker along the spiritual path? 

All I have to say to that is...

lmao.gif.cceae976b88e2f28f377044f5475722

Well whether or not anyone comes and drags me out of the house, I am leaving in late August, early September. That is the plan. Unrealistic. Probably stupid. But that is the plan.

Video games immature? Please don't tell me you have been drinking the Kool Aid of society regarding what is considered mature. Please god no!

IN that case , I better move  my arse  ... the problem is, I spent a lot on the tickets from USA to NZ ... but you hang in there, I am on my way 

5.gif

Honestly I didn't even know this could be done until someone told me that she can do it. She seemed pretty accurate in what she told me some plamts said to her, when she spoke to them on my behalf. Maybe this is a shaman thing? Or maybe it is a sensitive thing?

It makes sense that you should be able to communicate with them. Because they are connected to the Source, same as you, and that same energy is inside them as it is in you. It should be able to communicate with you through the perspective and form of a bush or a tree.

I was wondering if there are any books out there that teach this? I think this is something I would like to learn how to do. I feel strangely drawn to it. Sadly, this person who claims to be able to do so, will no longer talk to me. But I have a hunch that someone in these forums is able to do this.

As always, I appreciate your help.

I don't know about any books but can make a few simple suggestions -

- Develop a sincere and genuine intention to connect with the flora

- If you resonate with it, use prayer to help with this

- Open your heart and mind and direct your attention to the flora

- Show great respect 

- It's particularly beneficial to connect around the areas where you live and work

- Express loving intention and concern for their well being

- Open all of your senses and take in their smell, feel, appearance, and so on

- Give it time as plants, especially trees, are on a much slower cycle than we are

- Don't be too concerned with verbal or conceptual communication, be open to deeper and more subtle levels of impression, feeling, and being

- If you have a meditation practice, try to rest in a meditative state of mind as you do this

Good luck!

PS - I would also encourage you to consider trying to connect in a similar way to other natural manifestations - animals, birds, insects, mountains, streams, rivers, sun, moon, sky, and most importantly - the elements of earth, water, fire, air, and space.

Edited to add video link -

This may give a little more insight. When we communicate with other lifeforms it is important to try and communicate on their level, using their context, rather than ours. 

http://cryptik.squarespace.com/home/the-consciousness-of-trees.html

Edited by steve

Hi,

You won't learn this from a book. Just practice, lots of it. Bagua did it for me; try to find a method that works for you and then with discipline, total commitment and patience you may develop that ability.

Good luck. :)

What are the benefits of them? How do they further the seeker along the spiritual path? 

I can sum it up in one word...

FUN!!!

If you can play a game, any game, video or otherwise, and just be in the moment, enjoying yourself, win or loose, you will be vibrating at a very high frequency. You will be, as Abraham says, on a High Flying disc!

The quickest way to not get enlightened? Get all serious, take a vow of silence the rest of your life and lock yourself into some ultra disciplined monastic order somewhere.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, and if you can take it to the next step, and see life as a game, if you can play at the living of your life, you will have your ass securely on the rocket slide to enlightenment!

Get these Buddhists around here (the ones who will acknowledge it) to tell you about Buddha's flower talk, and who, out of all the students, he gave the flower to. The beginnings of Zen.

Spirituality is not serious business, and you should have figured that out by now with characters like Nungali here, who (even though they would probably never admit it) is probably very spiritual. Is it any wonder he is also humorous?

And if that isn't enough you probably should check out some of the things Alan Watts said. Talk about someone who had fun with all this stuff! I guarantee you that if he had lived through the 90s he would be playing video games right with guys half his age...

To quote myself, again (man am I conceited!) "Life is meant to be enjoyed, not just endured."

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

I had a Buddhist friend who used to like playing this board game, called the Game of Enlightenment.  I suppose its a video game now.

Electronic enlightenment ?

:(

Electronic enlightenment ?

:(

Sure, why not? Add the old and new Tron movies to the Spiritual Movies list...

Hi dreambliss,

If you can play a game, any game, video or otherwise, and just be in the moment, enjoying yourself, win or loose, you will be vibrating at a very high frequency. 

Yes I'm sure, but what happens the moment you stop playing?  You go back to a low frequency, and that feels bad and so you start playing again.  Any pleasure that is 'out there' in the world is like this...it lasts for a certain while and then ends.  And so we become addicted to them.

You are right that the spiritual quest should be fun, but I think you misunderstand the nature of this 'fun'.  The fun comes from within, it is a feeling of peace and confidence that burns within you wherever, you, whatever you're doing.  Life starts to fel like we are just moving from one fun thing to the next, and then we think, 'hang on, I've just found myself looking forward to cleaning the toilet!!!'

Chasing pleasures always comes with a downside, because pleasures don't last - inner fun lasts forever and transforms everything.  You've suggested yourself that 'shutting yourself in your room with your games console', while fine at the time because it made life bearable, has left you with a problem.  You're happier now, you don't need the 'fun' of computer games, but you want bigger and better things.  But you feel unprepared to go get it all because you spent so long playing games.

Life is meant to be enjoyed, and if you can take it to the next step, and see life as a game, if you can play at the living of your life, you will have your ass securely on the rocket slide to enlightenment!

Fully agree, but how was life when you weren't playing computer games? Dull, I bet?

And if that isn't enough you probably should check out some of the things Alan Watts said. Talk about someone who had fun with all this stuff! I guarantee you that if he had lived through the 90s he would be playing video games right with guys half his age...

Alan Watts was born in 1915 so he could have stayed alive til the 90s.  But he died young, at 58, because of his life-long alcoholism and perhaps the sadness of his four broken marriages and many scattered children.  A life of misunderstanding the word fun is my guess!

• Like 1

Oooo! Nikolai1! It's our first argument!

Excellent!

OK, so the difference between when I locked myself away in front of a computer screen to play games and now, when I just need to let the little child inside have some fun...

The original way I played video games was to escape. It was chasing a high, in a sense. Also it wasn't. The only highs I ever got were when I beat a game, or won a Deathmatch. That's as far as chasing a high in video game playing went.

No, I started to create levels, then later make my own models and textures. This made me feel like I had a purpose, that I had something to contribute. If people liked what I made, that made me feel good.

That is the way it used to be for me. Now I play video games just to play them. Just to have adventure, something to explore. To get lost in the fantasy of another. To have fun. I am not chasing any sort of high here. I am simply enjoying myself.

Otherwise there is little in my life I could do that I enjoy. Maybe writing now, but had to work to get to that place. Maybe drawing. Maybe going to a movie. There's just not much for the child in me. It is important, I think, to keep that inner child alive, not starve him to death with adultism.

Thing is I don't play games as much now. Interests have changed. Also don't make levels or model anymore, with the exception of a brief stint for Myst Online Uru Live. I am changing. You may call it maturing.

Be careful here. Not allowing yourself to do the things you love because they seem childish to you is the surest way to slowly kill yourself inside. The Source, that which you Truly are, is ageless. Just as capable of being a boy, lying on the ground, looking at clouds, as it can be a man, sitting down and getting lost in a video game. It does not criticize or judge.

Age, maturity, responsibility, etc. are exactly like death, destiny, dualistic states, fate, karma and sin. These all exist solely in the perception of human beings. None of this shit (and that is ultimately what it is) exists in Source.

My apologies to anyone offended by these very strong words. But from time to time I like to get a little rough to get your attention.

Have fun with your life, and if fun for you is playing video games, then play video games. Do not criticize or judge yourself. Do your best to just play them, being in the moment with that, Allow yourself to face whatever you feel, you know, deep down inside, that you need to face. Be authentic and honest. Admit, Allow and Accept.

Because Nikoali1 is right in this regard. Once you are done playing the video game, the real world awaits. I can tell you from personal experience you don't want to miss out on that while you are isolated in front of your computer screen.

But yes, video games can be a spiritual experience, and they can aid you in your spiritual growth. It is all about your why for playing them. If you are just enjoying yourself and having fun, you will take that high vibration with you when game time is over. But if you are escaping to chasing a high, the high frequency will leave when you leave the game.

And please, for the love of god, stop criticizing and judging yourself and others, placing worthless labels like maturity and responsibility on things! Throw that garbage your parents drilled into your head out with the trash. Seriously!

All maturity and responsibility are good for is making nice compliant little cogs in the machinery of society. If that makes you happy, go for it. But if you want to be yourself and live the life you came her to experience, you may find rather quickly that it doesn't fit anywhere within the model of modern society.

Row to the drumming of society, as a slave behind the oars, or march to the beat of your own drum. The choice is yours.

Oooo! New signature!

Edited by DreamBliss

I don't think video games are inherently bad, but they can easily be a problem in modern culture.  When people get little to no significance from their job, lifestyle, and routines, turning to video games can be a great escape.

If video games (and books, TV, etc.) are used to supplement someone's life, in moderation, I don't think they are harmful - in fact they can even be helpful.  However, many people abuse them, play them all day, and don't have much else going on in their lives.  That's not good, and it seems to be a problem getting worse (back in the 90s/early 2000s only the nerds were video game addicts, now it seems fairly common in middle/high school aged children).

I like good video games because they have good stories, like Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid, or are fun to play with others, like Super Smash Bros. or Mario Kart.  I don't feel connected to people playing online games, but when they are my friends and right there, I do feel like it is bonding.  And good stories are inspiring, thought-provoking, and can even be therapeutic.

Edited by futuredaze

Row to the drumming of society, as a slave behind the oars ......

Excuse me  ? !  ? 

5.gif

So much for my post    # 37    :P

Hi Dreambliss

Oooo! Nikolai1! It's our first argument!

Excellent!

Actually I sympathise with a lot of what you saying, so the argument has kind of petered out. Sorry!

Be careful here. Not allowing yourself to do the things you love because they seem childish to you is the surest way to slowly kill yourself inside.

Yes I agree. Our interests do change over the lifespan, but I agree that its pretty unskillful to force the change based on ideas of what is or isn't mature.  Sometimes we slowly lose interest, other times we quite suddenly become disgusted and we could not continue even if we wanted to.  Addiction to food or alcohol can be like this.

Another thing is: we can seem immature by societal standards in some ways, but be very mature and wise in other ways which are subtle and inner and often not noticed by others.  We need to have the strength sometimes to know our own strengths with confidence. 

Row to the drumming of society, as a slave behind the oars, or march to the beat of your own drum. The choice is yours.

I don't like this!  I don't like comments like this, which is why I'm not particular a fan of Alan Watts who indulged in a lot of this.  I guess its condescending.  To call someone a slave is meant as an insult and usually taken as one.  But that is their life, and it is probably exactly where they should be right now.  And they are probably more or less content with that.

Ses you !   :(

romans-galley-slave.png

- I will get out of here some day ! 

Edited by Nungali