MooNiNite

Wang Liping Low Level?

Effie Chow - the best known female qigong master in the U.S.

Science is most certainly not a religion. 

Regarding the tests, do you have any idea what exactly is involved?

haha. You're funny!!!!!!

Reread my posts.

Also I'm sorry that you're not a happy customer.

Good luck shopping somewhere else.

• Like 3

haha. You're funny!!!!!!

Reread my posts.

Also I'm sorry that you're not a happy customer.

Good luck shopping somewhere else.

Good luck finding a legit system.  ;)

• Like 1

Science is most certainly not a religion.

Regarding the tests, do you have any idea what exactly is involved?

Sure it is!

As a classically trained physicist, I'm like a heretical ordained priest...

• Like 2

Sure it is!

As a classically trained physicist, I'm like a heretical ordained priest...

Religion

"the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods."

Science

"the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment."

They are not the same things.

• Like 1

Master Liping usually demonstrates in his seminars. From transferring zhen qi (the qi that feels like electricity made famous by Mo Pai) or the basic sitting meditation that is done under his chi pressure to more advanced techniques like summoning animals from the nearby forest. 

I also know people who met and witnessed demonstrations from all three Liping, Jiang Feng and John Chang and never heard them say that one of them might not be the real deal when compared to the others. Just go to one of their retreats and see for yourself. 

Edited by coZma
  • Like 8

Wang Liping is a grandmaster not a low level practitioner

Have you ever met Liping?

Edited by KenBrace

Good luck finding a legit system.  ;)

Thing is, he has.  And he's happy and secure with it.  While I disagree with him in some areas, Drew is an amazing practitioner with deep of knowledge and experience.   Someone well worth listening too. 

First off there is no such thing as "proof". There is only evidence to support claims. You cannot easily shrug off what Chang demonstrated unless you simply don't want to believe it. It's enough for any reasonable person to say "Wait a second. There's something going on that can't be accounted for." I've investigated the practice enough by now to know from personal experience that it's not just more newage non-sense.

Wang Liping does not have the same credibility as Chang. Where are the demonstrations of his students? Where is a video of him performing his feats while under the scrutiny of skeptics? We have nothing. Only books and anecdotes. 

Believing in Liping takes a leap of faith. There is evidence for Chang's legitimacy so it's not blind faith.

You seem to miss my point, KenBrace. My point was that, assuming the evidence is entirely legit and unquestionable and that the powers demonstrated are likewise, the ability to generate a 3-volt potential and flow a 20mA current doesn't in any way indicate that the person has clear insight into all the mysteries of the universe or that the person can teach others to access all the mysteries of the universe.

If your goal, instead, had been to be more like Uncle Fester then your evidence would support your stated objective.

• Like 3

You are free to believe whatever you wish to believe, ZOOM.

;)

You seem to miss my point, KenBrace. My point was that, assuming the evidence is entirely legit and unquestionable and that the powers demonstrated are likewise, the ability to generate a 3-volt potential and flow a 20mA current doesn't in any way indicate that the person has clear insight into all the mysteries of the universe or that the person can teach others to access all the mysteries of the universe.

If your goal, instead, had been to be more like Uncle Fester then your evidence would support your stated objective.

This...

Hahaha! The exact contrary is true (and, of course, logical).

Being able to manifest flows of energy contrary to the established scientific model of how the world works,

proves that this person has extraordinary insight into the "mysteries of the universe", or how things work on a deeper level.

And, even more, that this person is able to actively manipulate and influence things on this level.

• Like 1

tumblr_m512uwMVVN1rwlvxto2_500.gif

(For those who may not have gotten the Addams Family reference...)

• Like 2

When you learned how to ride a bicycle, did you suddenly gain mastery over the concepts of gravity, inertia, friction, momentum and Newton's laws of motion? Did you become able to teach these concepts to others and apply them in ways beyond that of actually riding a bicycle? Could you then explain planetary motion because of the insight gained from learning to ride a two-wheeler?

Seems a curious position...

• Like 3

High ethic development and a stable personality are shown in being able to admit openly and relaxed if proven wrong instead of fleeing into willfully ignorance, diversion and ridicule (to keep up a positive self-image in mental ability that possibly doesn't fit reality)...

This is precisely the issue, ZOOM.

No, merely a statement. The problem in this thread is fairly obvious.

In case it got lost in the noise, MooNiNite, there is an actual student of Master Wang Liping on the forum who has posted in this thread. Perhaps she would be willing to share some insights with you via PM if you asked. (I'm just speculating -- I doubt it would be productive within this thread but it might be worth asking in private...)

No, merely a statement. The problem in this thread is fairly obvious.

Fairly obvious? Should I do a Tarot reading to divine the hidden meaning in your statement which would lead me to the obvious? :lol:

• Like 2