MooNiNite

Wang Liping Low Level?

People are taking offence and not realizing how easy it is to create a story about supernatural abilities in order to generate money through expensive seminars. 

This type of guru scheme has been done for centuries. 

Raising the question is logical. Not something to take offense to, but examine. Try looking at the question from multiple perspectives.

• Like 3

Again the thread is in circles.

People saying he is trying to raise vibrations of the earth, which is then countered by if that were true why so expensive and restricted seminars? Then people say, oh well he is a national treasure, so it has to be expensive. 

Some say he has supernatural abilities and they have been written about in stories, then others say that is apart of the larger story. 

oh well... just atleast realize nothing is moving forward. 

Repeated for truth.

cool some random person agreeing with another psychic saying another psychic is full of crap. Wow that's really helpful!

more circles?

People are taking offence and not realizing how easy it is to create a story about supernatural abilities in order to generate money through expensive seminars. 

Raising the question is logical. Not something to take offense to, but examine. Try looking at the question from multiple perspectives.

Right on my man.  ;)

• Like 1

As I understand it (and I probably don't), China considers him a national treasure, meaning, they own the rights to what he does and who he does it with - they have to approve of the seminars first - and he can't really have much of a say as to things like price, and doesn't get all the money, but gets paid. Or something like that - when he does seminars, this is in part paying his dues to his country, just like any other citizen.

So if he isn't getting all that money, how is this a scheme?

There's a thread in these forums that discusses this in more detail, somewhere...

• Like 2

cool some random person agreeing with another psychic saying another psychic is full of crap. Wow that's really helpful!

It actually is helpful to be told not to listen to psychics. But sorry my comment pissed you off.

• Like 1

It actually is helpful to be told not to listen to psychics. But sorry my comment pissed you off.

it is just very unsubstantiated 

As I understand it (and I probably don't), China considers him a national treasure, meaning, they own the rights to what he does and who he does it with - they have to approve of the seminars first - and he can't really have much of a say as to things like price, and doesn't get all the money, but gets paid. Or something like that - when he does seminars, this is in part paying his dues to his country, just like any other citizen.

So if he isn't getting all that money, how is this a scheme?

There's a thread in these forums that discusses this in more detail, somewhere...

He is still getting money and he is still building a huge name for himself. That's plenty of motive.

Wherefore art thou taking words spoken in jest out of context to dam them?

Dam returned thrice, Purple Rose Seal.

No damming intended.

• Like 1

I had a psychic friend of mine do a reading on Wang Liping, he basically told me that he was of low attainment. This astonished me. But my friend has been quite accurate about myself and others in the past. 

So now im curious, who has witnessed his abilities?

I understand people pay 4,000$ for a seminar but do they witness anything extraordinary?

Beyond his descriptive autobiography, what qualifies him as a high level teacher?

Thank you,

Moon

It could be as easy that the spirits that your psychic friend's abilities stem from are negative entities that naturally have an antipathy towards people with real attainments; the entities have no wish for others to break free.

"Psychics" are such a quagmire that I constantly get bewildered by how people fall into the delusions and destructive practices that abound there. I've just seen too much.

Mandrake

• Like 2

"Psychics" are such a quagmire that I constantly get bewildered by how people fall into the delusions and destructive practices that abound there. I've just seen too much.

ditto

And I've had many of the sort described in the OP completely misread me.

• Like 2

Again the thread is in circles.

People saying he is trying to raise vibrations of the earth, which is then countered by if that were true why so expensive and restricted seminars? Then people say, oh well he is a national treasure, so it has to be expensive.

Some say he has supernatural abilities and they have been written about in stories, then others say that is apart of the larger story.

oh well... just atleast realize nothing is moving forward.

What course did you anticipate this thread taking?
  • Like 1

Hmmm...

And since there is no such thing as a fake psychic scheme, the only rational perspective out of the many you have presented is that your psychic is obviously correct.

/thread

:)

• Like 1

Hmmm...

And since there is no such thing as a fake psychic scheme, the only rational perspective out of the many you have presented is that your psychic is obviously correct.

/thread

:)

the psychic isnt the focal point, the purpose of this thread is to gather information based on wang liping. iv already stated this

As I read it, this thread is an effort to collect agreement with your psychic (the basis for your position) and therefore agreement with your assessment. You seem frustrated with those who express a different perspective and then ask them to try looking at it from different perspectives (which I presume means from yours?)

• Like 4

As I read it, this thread is an effort to collect agreement with your psychic (the basis for your position) and therefore agreement with your assessment. You seem frustrated with those who express a different perspective and then ask them to try looking at it from different perspectives (which I presume means from yours?)

I would like to take both sides, as i mentioned before, he is like an idol to me. I am just having trouble getting any substantial information to disagree with the position that he is just making up stories. 

So what characteristics led you to put him in that position? What has changed?

When you calm your mind and ask with your heart, do you get a different answer?

• Like 2

Nothing has changed. Nope. Still uncertainty regarding him. The substantial evidence is not much besides a guru/disciple relationship with people on the forum. 

You put him on that pedestal. Why do you think you need help to push him off?

If both your heart and your mind are telling you the same thing, what is it you are struggling with?

Perhaps I'm just not understanding what you are hoping for here.

• Like 3

I would like to take both sides, as i mentioned before, he is like an idol to me. I am just having trouble getting any substantial information to disagree with the position that he is just making up stories. 

That's because there isn't any. The best we have are personal anecdotes which aren't reliable. If you believe that Liping is legit then you must do so by faith. You don't have any real grounds.

• Like 1

You put him on that pedestal. Why do you think you need help to push him off?

If both your heart and your mind are telling you the same thing, what is it you are struggling with?

Perhaps I'm just not understanding what you are hoping for here.

He accepted Liping as legit but came to the realization that there might not be any real grounds for this belief. So he asked to find out if there was any.

It goes a bit beyond faith.  You can read his book, and various articles of people who've studied under him.  Read reviews of people who've attended his seminars.  What they're like and what they've gotten out of it.  You can educate yourself and make a decision.  I find that better then relying on psychics.  If money an issue (understandable) don't go, wait and save up, move to another practice or find someone else in his art who teaches. 

Forget hype and powers, cause you won't get them from a seminar, you can't spend a week with a olympic athlete and think you'll be able to do worthy routines or match there skill or strength afterwards.  The question is- does he know his stuff and can he teach it.  Will he inspire you?  A long term steady teacher is best, but these high level guys can provide powerful motivation, inspiration and give clarity on specific issues and practices. 

Moonnite, have you read his book?  That's step number one.  If it doesn't click with you then the search ends there.  Its not a shot in dark, by faith, its a question of reading the reviews and talking to people who've done a seminar.  You'll probably get out of it what they did,

• Like 2

He is still getting money and he is still building a huge name for himself. That's plenty of motive.

Oh, for sure, it could be just as you say.

But everything in the bio speaks of his training to only use power in deep and sincere connection to dao.

As the three old wizards taught Wang Liping each of these arts of developing knowledge, they also admonished him that these five arts are all to be practiced by means of the Way, using the arts to help people, using the arts to support the Way, using the arts to communicated the Way -- this is basic. The arts are out-growths: the Way is the main body. When one develops on the Way, intelligence opens up, and it is not hard to learn techniques. When the Way is lofty, techniques are also lofty; this principle becomes all the more evident in work on the higher vehicle.

Wang Liping understood what his teachers meant. Even though he was very interested in learning the arts, and he spent a lot of time and effort on them, to the end he never departed from the basic essence of the Way.

Perhaps this is just a lie to gain attention and money?

Perhaps the story of Wang Liping giving all his earnings to his masters even after they refused the gift was also a falsehood.

Believe what you will, anything is possible.... but trust your heart. Often when we ask the heart, it is is the ego that answers. Be clear on where your answers come from. And remember: the ego is simply afraid of change; when we allow ourselves to dissolve the ego, allow ourselves to grow and change, we find that much of what the ego warned us against was only to prevent its own death.

• Like 2

It goes a bit beyond faith.  You can read his book, and various articles of people who've studied under him.  Read reviews of people who've attended his seminars.  What they're like and what they've gotten out of it.  You can educate yourself and make a decision.  I find that better then relying on psychics.  If money an issue (understandable) don't go, wait and save up, move to another practice or find someone else in his art who teaches. 

But personal anecdotes aren't very reliable. There are tons of fakers with huge followings. The followers would of course write extravagant things about their experience with him, but the truth is that he's a faker.

And it's not so much "physics" as it is a fraud test. Place the individual under controlled conditions and see if he or she can still perform their feats.