ok i had Another one to research

BUT DO ANYONE KNOW SOME ONE THAT IS IS A RELIGIOUS CHRISTIAN TEACHER THAT GOES TO CHURCH AT LEAST IF NOT EVERY SUNDAY AT LEAST SOMETIMES TO TIMES OR THAT SAY SOMETHING LIKE: I BELIVE IN JESUS CHRIST AS THE ONLY SAVIOR OF THE WORLD?

I wonder if there a really chinese or asian Master that lives in this World that are a high level Qi Gong teacher? why i say this? i just found that Mantak Chia can not be really Christian at least not like you say a religious christian like myselft because he Mantak Chia say he belives in reincarnation according to some pages i had read in the internet and it seems even in his homepage, you see IT IS IMPOSIBLE TO BELIVE IN REINCARNATION AND BELIVE IN JESUS CHRIST, BECAUSE REINCARNATION PUT DOWN ALL THAT JESUS CHRIST DEEPLY REPRESENT!

Regards

You probably would do well to investigate the actual basis of the story of Jesus - the actual lack of any historical record what so ever from the time of his approximate existence and the scholarly investigations into the creation of the story starting no less than 34 years after the approximate death. You would also do Very well not to enter into all capitals your shouting beliefs as they are uncalled for and lewd.

• Like 3

On High Level Qi Gong as taught by Jesus...

John 7:37-38

37 On the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. 38 He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

On "Only son..."

1 John 1:12-13

12But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:13Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

On where to find God...

Luke 17: 20-21

20 Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, “The kingdom of God does not come with observation; 21 nor will they say, ‘See here!’ or ‘See there!’[d] For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.”

Best wishes. :)

• Like 3

There's some interesting literature out there about the egyptian Inner Alchemy practiced by Jesus Christ and his followers. It's worth doing some research on :) As for the original posters question, I don't know anyone !

I plugged christian qi gong teachers and here we go.

Lots of articles i won't bother to read but the titles do seem pertinent.

https://www.google.com/search?q=christian+qi+gong+teachers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

They're a bunch of narrow-minded church bulletins. I wouldn't call them pertinent the OP at all. Precisely the opposite of what he's looking for, in fact. Perhaps his inspiration for asking in the first place? (simple speculation on my part)

Master Duan was Catholic.

Seems Jesus would love people enough to let them try again if they wanted to, rather than just send them to hell.

You could check out the Essenes, a neo-Christian group, who purportedly have resurrected (npi) the mountainous shamanic tribe from which Jesus and his healing abilities originated.

• Like 4

I read the Magus of Strovolos, which is about a christian energy worker. He is a high level healer that believes in reincarnation, although his entire focus is on christianity.

The Mountain of Silence (by the same author) is supposedly his search for other high level energy working christians.

John

Hello I wonder if anybody knows or have information about Qi Gong or similar Healing Masters that were or are Christians?

I would like to read their Life, history etc about these Masters here.

Regards

I honestly don't think you will find any Qigong Masters that meet your or any fundamentalist's definition of what "Christian" means.

This does not mean you can't practice qigong. It is an exercise for everyone. I tell people that the truths of their religion will not be clouded by qigong practice, but indeed made stronger.

• Like 8

Master Duan was Catholic.

Seems Jesus would love people enough to let them try again if they wanted to, rather than just send them to hell.

You could check out the Essenes, a neo-Christian group, who purportedly have resurrected (npi) the mountainous shamanic tribe from which Jesus and his healing abilities originated.

Quoted for correction: Jesus' abilities originated from The Source, but the lineage of his healing traditions apparently was Essene, not to go too far into the evidence (dated local records and similarity of teachings) of Jesus living with Buddhists during his travels, and likely learning a great deal from them, especially coming from such a rich tradition of Jewish shamans.

I understand this sounds antagonistic, but it shouldn't and isn't meant to be.. What can you do though.

I plugged christian qi gong teachers and here we go.

Lots of articles i won't bother to read but the titles do seem pertinent.

https://www.google.com/search?q=christian+qi+gong+teachers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb

Actually this one: http://www.lausanne.org/content/chinese-case-study is absolutely fascinating with some good information.

Obviously he's lost his way by the end of it - a risk of Neidan by all accounts - but the details up to that point are very much worth a read.

• Like 3

Actually this one: http://www.lausanne.org/content/chinese-case-study is absolutely fascinating with some good information.

Obviously he's lost his way by the end of it - a risk of Neidan by all accounts - but the details up to that point are very much worth a read.

That's an interesting case study that deserves a thread all by itself. Seems to me he started going down the 'dark' side when he cursed another in medititation and when he said doing chi gung made me feel I was always right. As I've said before if energy arts aren't balanced with a 'wisdom' tradition, ie listening to dharma/ethical talks you get lobsided and issues of paranoia and delusions of grandeur can take root. Without control even little bits of power can lead to corruption.

Anything powerful cuts both ways. Bad luck, business loss, random criminal attack happens in life and probably shouldn't be reasons for changing ones religious views. But arrogance, pride, looking down at others (dark side of all isms) that Luke displayed, those are controllable and signs one should alter ones path.

Personally I think you can keep the benefits of Chi Gong while avoiding the pits he fell into with a balanced approach. One that either comes with an experienced teacher or if thats not possible, putting in time learning and practicing higher ethical behavior.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 6

I agree with TheLerner above, definitely - and will keep this short at the risk of digressing from the OP's point - but it seems like the chap in the link above had the guidance and nurture of his family from the start, which one would think would be the ideal situation for cultivation. I would imagine that the neigong inherently comes with the associated spiritual/ethical teachings in such an environment.

But perhaps not. :unsure:

yes worth a read - sort of fizzles out at the end - would like him to have gone further with how he was healed.

Also the experiences are similar to shaktipat - kundalini awakening in the Indian guru tradition.

Teachers at high level will not teach those who are not of good character and teacher disciple relationship is very important

for proper timing and guidance.

• Like 2

For anyone interested in this, the above article is a single chapter of a book, the full contents of which can be seen here: http://www.chinaforjesus.com/resources/qigong/index.html

I haven't read it all yet, but looks interesting (if you ignore the obvious propagandist motive and instead focus on the mechanics of the qigong elements.)

It is an unfortunate tale of someone without a wisdom teacher.

Acquiring lots of power with little understanding of what he was doing.

Leaving the body should cause no fear and no one needs to be standing by for fear of losing ones way. But well before such endeavors having a proper teacher is extremely helpful.

I assume from the problems he encountered that his meditation and practice on many levels was trance based - unfortunate.

This makes autonomy more difficult.

He clearly was derailed by the time we see the paragraph emerge regarding something like "if you haven't punished someone recently you are not ....."

But the early pushing of the head down to the ground was certainly not a good sign.

It is interesting to note in many of the eastern traditions the great amount of fear regarding spirit and spirit realms and soul.

It is just as absurd as the tremendous Christian fear that is sold wholesale.

Learning to not fear this and understanding just how much power we have to flourish as spirit in and out of our bodies with no fear what so ever is not a difficult task at all - it takes some time and patience but it is not frought with "danger at every step".

The relatively simple levels that this person achieved were not tempered it seems with the far more important work of self examination and intentional suffering (meaning choosing to transform ego, lust and reactionary impulses ). This is the real work, all the other stuff is a by product of true achievement.

A lesson is to be learned here, but certainly not a case against Qi Gong: it is that there is no point in gaining the whole world if only to lose your soul. Constantly turning up the fire is not the practice - the practice is in becoming one with your true self.

The problems of allowing other spirits to take over your body are particularly common with Christians of certain denominations, particularly of those that propagate high trance states during their services - this can be seen in many evangelical services and many popular new groups throughout the USA . The effects can be readily seen in the astonishing loss of mental clarity and the negation of all logic or overview in place of which comes an "inspired possession" that is quite obvious to all from the outside.

We see examples of this here in this post - they are of the opinion that they are here to "save" - that they have the superior view and understanding - and that the "spirit is within them" (which it definitely is - and it is not what they think it is).

All around us from every walk of life in every type of practice - and I use that word very broadly here to include religion which is not often so much a practice but an assimilation - we find people completely possesed by their own ego, by spirits in possession of their clarity working with them to reinforce their delusions. Nothing in the entire history of Christianity would we find any evidence to support the idea that following that religion leads to less insanity - to the contrary, we would have great difficulting trying to hold back our contempt for its history of insanity and the heinous plague it has been on so vary many levels.

In every discipline where one works on oneself intentionally, their comes with it an immediate increase in power - it is essential that this work be done with an overriding understanding that staying on the side of refinement and neutrality until one find ones true spirit in oneness with all is the most important guiding light on the journey. It is not whether one can sit in lotus, heal the sick or "see" energy - these things are easy to comeby - they are delivered to you in the process of refinement and a teacher Will come to your aid of exactly the right abilities if your eye is set upon this path clearly (and since you will reject these teachers so frequently they will come to you many times, possibly spanning several lifetimes).

We are at a wonderful time in this world - spirit is rising - great teachers are walking amongst us.

Our heads are still way up in the clouds in the past made from idols that are not natural human beings. We are natural human beings, we did not have vigin mothers, our birthdays are not celebrated on the same days as previous gods and our resurrections are not celebrated on the same days as previous gods resurrections.

We need to examine ourselves, be with ourselves, our bodies and the world to which we are - it includes many unseen realms which we have no reason to fear, it includes lower realms as well which we are able to help and heal and lift up - Not Fear - but we are still stuck on so many levels in the paralyzing fear (and selling point) and stupidity of prior religious dogma - the chief feature of every major Religion yet never the chief teaching - the chief teaching whether genuine or myth is basically the same "man know thyself" and yet somehow this gets turned outward against the teaching and soon we are fighting for a god we "have faith in" that is outside of us and not within all and everything.

Killing people is extremely easy when you are "filled with the spirit" of the "one true God". This is possession, but more importantly, this is the roboticism we live with all our lives. We are addicted to our positions and positions of power. This is the great illusion. Positions appear to be within us but they are wholly made of nothing - they are the imaginary string holding the elephant.

All Christians are future X-Christians not because the religion is a false one, but because they will transcend the childish embellishments to its intent and it will appear as child's play by comparison to what lay beyond. This is why all of the great enlightened teachers who attempt to show us Christianity need to break it down and help us to comprehend it - it is a complete mess and needs interpretation as it is such a lost and embellished maze of fear and half truths.

Those few realized teachers from the Christian tradition that we have with us today all without exception are radically modified by awakening in their view of the teaching. Not even a shell is left of their former beliefs but a completely new understanding and often the need to help others of that past tradition of theirs to move forward from the cage of their former tradition.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

As Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas...

39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."

• Like 2

As Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas...

39. Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so. As for you, be as sly as snakes and as simple as doves."

I didn't know the bible was that deep. I think I must have had the kids version, growing up.

I didn't know the bible was that deep. I think I must have had the kids version, growing up.

The Gospel of Thomas is not actually in the canonical bible. But in a similar vein...

Mathew 23 :1-9 (KJV)

Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers. But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments, And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues, And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.

But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

All Christians are future X-Christians not because the religion is a false one, but because they will transcend the childish embellishments to its intent and it will appear as child's play by comparison to what lay beyond. This is why all of the great enlightened teachers who attempt to show us Christianity need to break it down and help us to comprehend it - it is a complete mess and needs interpretation as it is such a lost and embellished maze of fear and half truths.

Those few realized teachers from the Christian tradition that we have with us today all without exception are radically modified by awakening in their view of the teaching. Not even a shell is left of their former beliefs but a completely new understanding and often the need to help others of that past tradition of theirs to move forward from the cage of their former tradition.

This concurs with the Qabalistic view of CHristianity which puts it - along with all other religions of the sacrificed god - only as high as TPhARTh on the tree of life....it can be used as a bridge to something higher, but it must be transcended in order to proceed to the unity of KThR

Edited by Blackfinger
  • Like 1

I know people who are christians and very high level at internal kung fu. They just dont talk about anything mystical because it really isnt anyway.

WHat isn't (mystical)?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2014 at 5:54 PM, 9th said:

Specifically (emphasis is mine):

Pranava Sabda, the Word of God.

When man directs all his organs of sense towards their common center, the sensorium or sushumnadwara, the door of the internal world, he perceives his God-sent luminous body of Radha or John the Baptist, and hears the peculiar "knocking" sound, Pranava Sabda, the Word of God. See John 1:6, 7, 23.

"There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

The same came for a witness, to bear withness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness."

There are many very advanced mystical christian lineages and groups.  But, often hard to find in the noise of the larger institutional structure.  Not dissimilar to most traditions.

• Like 3