Cameron

Kunlun Level 1

yeah..as the whole board knows..kunlun really cut down on my sleep time.

Cameron, Mal,

I assume the decrease in sleep is because of the enhanced quality of sleep that you guys get....So that would mean reduction in sleep has NO symptoms...is that how it is?

The way it described in the book Kunlun increases the body energy 10x. So you just don't need to sleep as much I guess.

quality wise..probably that is better to.

From what i read here on the forum Cameron got a very powerfull transmission directly from sifu Max. I dont know if you do the excercises witouth transmission that you will cut down on your sleep as much as Cameron does.

I practice kunlun daily and notice i need less sleep, but not that extreme as described by Cameron.

Cant wait till Sifu Max and Mantra68 organise a meeting in Europe :)

Hey all, i got the book and it looks pretty interesting. The level 2 stuff piqued my interest with regards to the breath holding. I understand the dangers of practicing without supervision, but I'm on a fact finding mission right now relating to these types of practices. Anyone care to elaborate on what's going on with breath holding? Is there any pressurization going on?

Thanks,

T

indeed...although, I was more focused on my change in feedback duration/quantity/intensity...

As you continue with your practice you may find yourself having clear recall of events in this life and others. You are unlocking what is inside of you good and bad.

It only gets better.

From what i read here on the forum Cameron got a very powerfull transmission directly from sifu Max. I dont know if you do the excercises witouth transmission that you will cut down on your sleep as much as Cameron does.

I practice kunlun daily and notice i need less sleep, but not that extreme as described by Cameron.

Cant wait till Sifu Max and Mantra68 organise a meeting in Europe :)

You definitely need less sleep. It seems to be an inverse relation. The more time you invest in your Kulun practice the less sleep you need. I reduced my practice time. Going to sleep at midnight and getting up again at 2 o'clock is a little bit too extreme for my taste ...

I've dropped one sleep cycle (1 1/2 hr) The only effect is it's so strange to be waking early, I always hit the snooze 2 or 3 times before I crawl out of bed. Do feel a bit stiffer than normal and had a massive calf cramp this morning. But I'm grading in a few weeks for kung fu so I'm pushing the old body hard at the moment, probably that.

:) But do you feel o.k. just strange to not be sleepy and you keep waiting to "crash" but you don't?

O.k. this has gone on long enough :blink: Can someone please tell me page number 46, 47 or 49 0for the text and which figure 1, 2, or 3 ? I swear mine are correct........

Lulu did say they print the books as required, perhaps they get edited but it said first edition Copyright is 2003

I did correct the closing down posture in the book. It is photographed as left-over-right and we had initially written it as right-over-left.

The fact is that this is one of those times where right-over-left/left-over-right doesn't really matter so much as centering the palms and holding your hands over the lower dan tien.

Max will teach it one way one time and then the other the next time. Both work.

:) But do you feel o.k. just strange to not be sleepy and you keep waiting to "crash" but you don't?

You described it exactly as it is. You don't feel tired at all. If you feel tired and the urge to sleep, you go to bed, sleep for a very short time (usually between 2-4 hours) and get up up again (even after being out all night). The hardest thing is to overcome the conditioning we have to get enough sleep. You are always waiting for the crash down or prefer to stay in bed (just in case) - staring at the ceiling.

The most striking thing about Kunlun is the enormous amount of energy you acquire. It's not like most Chi Kung systems that help you to reduce stress. So you are tired and practice some Chi Kung. After the practice you usually feel more relaxed and energetic - but still feel kind of tired at the same time (at least my experience). If I do a full session of Kunlun (10 min visualization, 1 hour Kunlun I and (at least) 20 min closing down) I feel fresh like after a good night's sleep - even though I have been down before.

You have more energy but it's less sexual than for example the Deer Exercise or some form of Hatha/Kundalini Yoga. It feels very subtle, like water (full of potential).

Still, I have the impression that you get used to the energy somehow. Doing Kunlun every second day or reducing the practice time to a quarter of an hour seems to bring my sleeping cycle a little bit more to normal.

Just doing the closing down (the Kunlun way) seems already to refresh my energy. I do it if I have a strict schedule and want to do some form of Chi Kung. So much for mixing ... :lol:

O.k. this has gone on long enough :blink: Can someone please tell me page number 46, 47 or 49 0for the text and which figure 1, 2, or 3 ? I swear mine are correct........

We are probably both blind B) - thanks to Kunlun ;)

Practicing Kunlun 1 seems to fascinate me more and more. But today I experienced something a little more interesting than normal.

I had an orgasm in my ankle... I think that was pretty strange so I want to ask Mantra if you know why this happens? It seems to me it is the release of blockages, but is there anything else to it?

Hmmmm are you sure it's a good idea to be doing level 2 already? I don't think you are following Max's guidelines.

I am completely sure? No...

jumping the gun a little? perhaps...

I havent felt anything bad, though. just thought the memory trigger thing was interesting, wanted some feedback from yall :)

I am completely sure? No...

jumping the gun a little? perhaps...

I havent felt anything bad, though. just thought the memory trigger thing was interesting, wanted some feedback from yall :)

You should wait at least 6 months before trying level 2. Your nervous system needs time to adjust to the increase in current. If you try level 2 too early it will be very uncomfortable and you could hurt yourself.

I did correct the closing down posture in the book. It is photographed as left-over-right and we had initially written it as right-over-left.

The fact is that this is one of those times where right-over-left/left-over-right doesn't really matter so much as centering the palms and holding your hands over the lower dan tien.

Max will teach it one way one time and then the other the next time. Both work.

I think you said before that right over left brings the energy down, and left over right brings the energy up. Is this correct? If so, would doing level 1 right hand up one session and left hand up next session be working against one another? Could you elaborate on this a little further? Would the effects etc... be different? Is one yin and one yang?

You should wait at least 6 months before trying level 2. Your nervous system needs time to adjust to the increase in current. If you try level 2 too early it will be very uncomfortable and you could hurt yourself.

Will do man, thanks...but does any prior qigong have any impact on this timeframe? Not that I'm impatient...just more curious.

edit: after some reflection last night, I think certain qigongs would, most would not, since there seems to be a specific energy flow here.

Edited by joeblast

Ha Ha it seems so B)

My sifu does this too. It was annoying for a year or so :) Good to hear that it doesn't matter what hand is up, an old injury makes right on top less comfortable for me. Been doing left on top more often than not.

But to get "old school" how much practice is the minimum to aim for. I think Isvatn is on the money with 10 min visualization, 1 hour Kunlun I and (at least) 20 min closing down. I may have to find a 1 1/2 hour practice slot.

I am referring to the closing down posture in terms of hand position. The starting posture should be right above left.

Once you feel the energy open you can forget the hand posture and let it go.

Spiraling clockwise draws the energy down while spiraling counterclockwise draws the energy up. Do clockwise for the cooling effect. It will merge with any rising fire to achieve balance in the heart.

Sheng Zhen, you are correct. Energy trapped in the joints can release suddenly.

Good luck boys.

Chris

it seems the transmission is pretty damn important eh?

is there still benefit in practicing without it?

i wish i can fly over to california but plane tickets are $ and i have no $

if you guys ever come to NY/NJ or anywhere close i'll be there. here is my email: mixolyd (at) gmail.com

Edited by mikaelz

I wish that Max was coming to the East coast. I really want to go to a seminar but again, plane tickets are expensive and I'm just a college kid.

It would be great if Max could come to my university (OSU) since, as the largest university in the nation, there would be no issues filling the seminar up, there is plenty of space, and the university is extremely supportive of religious diversity. Besides, I feel that many students are too stressful and need a way to relax, purify their bodies, and simply feel more spiritual. I speak from experience (not personal, just observation) when I say that my generation is without limits in whatever they do (especially drinking).

My own reflections on the practice:

I've practiced Kunlun I only three times so far and I've had great results. I have done some basic meditation and Tai Chi when I was a senior in high school (yay religion class!) however nothing has felt like Kunlun. I've been trying to incorporate time into my schedule to practice for Kunlun an hour and a half however I haven't really been successful.

I agree with the book, don't expect to "feel" the energy on the first try. It's really more of a struggle of getting into the right mindset for everything to do its magic especially if you haven't done any type of mediation before. On my first try, I felt a urge to bounce my left leg (that's all) yet on the second try, my legs bounced like mad. I started to smile and feel happy since I have never felt spontaneous movement before. I also felt like my legs were lighter as if they were walking on cushions of air after practice.

Kunlun remarkably different and I like it.

--Gino

EDIT: How do you pronounce Kunlun properly?

Edited by Gino

Once you feel the energy open you can forget the hand posture and let it go.

You mean I've been holding that posture the whole time for nothing :blink: . I think I need to read the book again.

I think someone already mentioned similar about transmission but I had a good experience last night. My Kunlun is getting better - I clearly feel the energy, vibrating energy, even though none of the sensational thumping is happening yet. Also, I am extremely aware during my mantra recitation and every chant seems to resonate in my body. Yesterday night my hands ached really bad and after about 20 minutes, I gave up and did the closing. And night, I had a dream [yes, could also be due to thinking a lot about Dorje] in which I received a transmission from Dorje. I don't know what he did but I could see a pole of light along my spine and I woke up at around 4 am sweating profusely. I tried Kunlun this morning and in around 5 minutes, the heat was so intense that I was totally wet. There was still no thumping but I feel as though I have been flying all through the day. This was the 'first' experience on this path. 'Something' really seems to have happened, not sure if it was the transmission or just my practice got better!

No one seems to be talking about experiences with 'continued' Kunlun practice. Sharing that would be really encouraging to newbies like me.

I woke up drenched in sweat this morning.

That's with the AC on :)

Yeah AC on ...... totally cold weather...Now I am feeling very active and almost restless beyond description, like a someone let loose after years...

Edited by SiliconValley