Rara

Ok, I can't do this...

I need a band name (prog rock) and just can't for the life of me find the best words, or combo of words.

I want it to give the imagery of celestial/consciousness/OOBE etc.

So help me out please! For people that can write deep and complex music, how can we not find a decent name?!

• Like 2

my forum name came from an old metal-ish (technical enough to be prog, heavy focused enough to not be so) project that's been on the back shelf since 2003 :lol:

• Like 1

lets see, Iron Giants, The New Hudder Dream Machine, The 4rth Dimension Backups. Looking Glass rockers,

lets see what else comes to mind.. Reply to this Topic or uh.. Last Auto Saved, is oblique but memorable.

• Like 1

I need a band name (prog rock) and just can't for the life of me find the best words, or combo of words.

I want it to give the imagery of celestial/consciousness/OOBE etc.

Nobody

• Like 1

Orbital Insides

One Spot

Vajra Whammy

(Sacred Relic, Teacher, or Object) Whammy ie Lotus Whammy. Mudra Whammy. etc. anything "whammy" is a winner.

• Like 2

ravensdojo.com is full of sweet band names... if you're looking for hard core metal band names...

But i'm sure somewhere hidden in the dialouge are some sweet band names for prog/rock ;)

This work is really good!

• Like 1

The Silver Cord

I've pitched "Silver Chord" to the guys. I hope they like it.

It's about as clever as "The Beatles"

• Like 5

I've pitched "Silver Chord" to the guys. I hope they like it.

It's about as clever as "The Beatles"

Nice.

Link us a sample of your sounds here. When you can. :)

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Microcosm

Microcosmic Orbit

I was at Mae Kuang reservoir today for lunch,...near Chia's Tao Garden resort. Everyone around seemed to be in a microcosmic orbit.

• Like 1

Nice.

Link us a sample of your sounds here. When you can. :)

Demo has been up on facebook.com/apnoea for a couple of years.

When rebranded, will change the page around and have a lot more proggy, storytelling and mellow sounds to display :)

• Like 1

Perfect Circle is a great name (too bad it's now taken) for a prog rock band.rara, are you looking for simple? And are you looking TO evoke or to NOT evoke correlations/memories of the 60s/70s band names and sounds?

Love that band...big Maynard fan. Simple but smart names as "Apnoea" appears too complicated for people to spell!

Spheresong

Ever seen "Brasseye"? British comedy news-skit type of show.

In one scene, lead singer of 90s British pop band Babylon Zoo is interviewed (by a charlatan) and asked if it would ever be possible to write a "spherical song"...in which he answered "yes, I think so"

Hilarious!