TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

Or sometimes "Two fish chasing each other".

Or, if you want to add a little sex to it, one male fish chasing a female fish with intentions.

@taomaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang. Really.

You don't. They are ever-changing. You can only take a snapshot, a moment in time and describe part of the whole as yin or yang.

In the next moment everything has changed.

Chris

• Like 2

Or, if you want to add a little sex to it, one male fish chasing a female fish with intentions.

or a female fish chasing a male fish.

more likely they are chasing each other

Edited by mYTHmAKER
  • Like 1

@taomaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang. Really.

You don't. They are ever-changing. You can only take a snapshot, a moment in time and describe part of the whole as yin or yang.

In the next moment everything has changed.

Chris

hey Chris ,

can you or anyone give me both + and - ways using examples and sentences for these words

yang is + and yin is - yang can never be - and yin can never be +

+ always comes first

+ -

truth><lie

Good><Bad

up><down

Circle>< Square

White ><black

clockwise counter clockwise

good luck

Taomaster :)

also ,try to switch poles on a magnet too :D

can you make the sun+ go down- in the morning+ ?

or the sun+ go up+ at night- ?

do this too

draw a box 2 feet square on the floor .

stand in the box and in front of you outside the box write front then write back behind you then left on your left and right to your right .

go look in the mirror and tell yourself you are looking at the back of your head . yin when you can clearly see its your front face yang .

front is +

back -

left +

right -

now trun around and face the back so now the word front is behind you and your left hand is next to the word right .

only the words have changed not yang and yin

even tho you are facing backwards its still in front of you just like your eyes are in front of your head .

or you can say , back is still - and front +, but youre just turned around and facing yin - now :)

your left hand is still + even if its closest to the yin - side of the box.

when we walk forward+ the front+ of our body always goes first+ and the back- last -

you put your front foot forwards + frist+ and then put it backwards- last-

when we walk your toes+ in the front+ goes up+ first+ and then the back- heel- goes down- last-

even when you walk backwards, your toes+ touch first+ then the heel- last +

your foot goes up+ first+ and down- last -

back is still -

left +

right -

front +

whcih is the illusion ?

is the illusion that we cant switch them or is the illusion that we can switch them even when using the same definiton for both + and - words

the truth+ always says yes+ we can+

the opposite- always says no- we cant -

lets take two electical wires that are hooked up to a panel 110 volts ac

if you touch the white wire to a puddle of water or in a pond no problem but if you touch the black youll get a spark

you can change the black and white lables of the wire but hot is always hot and ground is always earth ground.

The planet is also a life form that started out small , has grown and will die some day and vanish like everything/body else.

its a plant life form . another thread subject some day .

The planet is also a life form that started out small , has grown and will die some day and vanish like everything/body else.

Well, I get to agree with this. Yea!

hi,

no i can't give you what you desire :D, because your assumption is flawed (imho).

The Taijitu doesn't tell you everything is black or white, everything is both at the same time to a different degree and depending on the viewpoint, it can also be inverse.

Different persons different viewpoints different truths/lies, because everyone percieves their reality different.

My dusk - can be your dawn + , only depends where our pov's are aka where on earth we stand.

And if we build a line of people all around the world, we would all have a different opinion as long as everyone looks only from their own ego perspective.

chris

• Like 1

I'm not a native english speaker so maybe it's my fault but i cannot discern if you're asking me how to change the pov or if your question implies that it's not possible to change the pov.

best whishes

chris

... or if your question implies that it's not possible to change the pov.

best whishes

chris

This is the point I was making. You done good.

I can see with only my eyes and only my brain interprets what I see. You will likely see and interpret things differently than I do.

If you don't think it's possible to change the pov why do you state in your signature that you reserve the right to change your mind ? If you change your mind you change your pov.

At every moment you're free to change who you are and what you believe.

chris

• Like 1

If you don't think it's possible to change the pov why do you state in your signature that you reserve the right to change your mind ? If you change your mind you change your pov.

At every moment you're free to change who you are and what you believe.

chris

Ah, but you are mixing the "now" moment up with the future. Our now moment is our now reality. The future hasn't been written yet. Sure, we can change our mind. But we first must acknowledge that it needs changing. Some folks are already absolutely right and will never change their mind about various things, especially spiritual things.

Yes, we all are free to change our mind. But that brings insecurity. Better to stay secure than to change one's mind. For some folks even believing a lie is better than being insecure.

Ah, but you are mixing the "now" moment up with the future. Our now moment is our now reality. The future hasn't been written yet. Sure, we can change our mind. But we first must acknowledge that it needs changing. Some folks are already absolutely right and will never change their mind about various things, especially spiritual things.

Yes, we all are free to change our mind. But that brings insecurity. Better to stay secure than to change one's mind. For some folks even believing a lie is better than being insecure.

Hmm no i don't mix up the now with the future. I can't make a change in the future, i only can make it "now" and through that i'm writing my own future.

If someone thinks that his pov is right and won't consider any other opinion why should you care or even talk to him/her ? You don't talk to walls do you ? ;D

But back 2 topic.

Taomaster tried to impose the law of duality on reality with the help of a binary approach. Apart from the problem that a binary system like the computer uses is not balanced and therefore not useable. Reality isn't black or white.

chris

• Like 2

Nice response. You are causing me to think. That's good.

Hmm no i don't mix up the now with the future. I can't make a change in the future, i only can make it "now" and through that i'm writing my own future.

Well, yes, we can make the decision in the now moment to make changes in our life but if we do not follow through in the future then nothing is attained, nothing changed. New Years' resolutions are like that. Same promises, no action. I don't make promises unless I am 99% certain I can follow through on my promises. I don't often make promises.

If someone thinks that his pov is right and won't consider any other opinion why should you care or even talk to him/her ? You don't talk to walls do you ? ;D

No, I don't talk to walls except when I happen to walk into one then I will say "Hello Wall." I don't try walking through walls either. I saw someone try to do that once and all he did was give himself a bloody nose.

I do talk at my computer sometimes though but it apparently doesn't listen.

But back 2 topic.

Taomaster tried to impose the law of duality on reality with the help of a binary approach. Apart from the problem that a binary system like the computer uses is not balanced and therefore not useable. Reality isn't black or white.

chris

Okay. Back to topic. First I will agree with you that reality is not balck and white. I stated somewhere recently that the Tai Chi symbol is shades of grey. Reality is that way too. It is rare that absolute black and white will be seen.

However, I do pretty much agree with Taomaster in that reality is based in dualities as well as our brain's processed are pretty much based in dualities.

I stated elsewhere that as soon as One gave birth to Two dualities became real. And in the universe we have the manifest (physically real) and we the mystery (potential, not yet manifest). These are two aspects of Tao. A duality for sure.

But no, I would never try to link the concept of dualities with a computer. (apples and oranges)

The future is yang it comes first

The past is yin it comes last

Present time is the physical universe

It's generated by yang and yin .

The future is a positive

The past is a negative

Yes is a positive yang no is a negative yin

You can change the future

You can't change the past .

Any reference to a no is a yin

Any reference to a yes is a yang.

Can't and no refers to a yin

Can and yes refers to a yang

When this is fully understood , all things, all actions in the universe will also be understood.

All spiritual ability will become restored to the same degree.

As well as all the yang attributes .

It's as simple as simple gets

It's the complexity that life generates that lessens ability .

Pushing a yang and yin together generates a thing. It's a physical thing.

When a male , ( yang ) pushes up against a female ( yin ) it generates another male or female

It's called sexual contact . It's as close as the two can physically get .

There is a spiritual meditative exercise you can do to determine yang and yin

It leads to a full understanding of all things and life the creator of all things in the universe.

IT ... WILL... BLOW..... YOUR ..... MIND..... LITERALLY .

package delivered , have a nice day : )

Tao master , really. : )

Edited by TaoMaster

WoW! You sure do love dualities, don't you?

yes , read the section under my avatar . I am a master of the Tao . a real one . Nice to meet you . :)

the law of duality is the basic law that governs the universe from the beginning of time .

no thing in the universe is not governed by the LOD except for life and life is not a thing . Life is the creator of all things in the universe. :) But even life governs itself using the LOD . It can go outsdie the law , just as easy as you can run a stop sign while driving .

you can only lie about the past .....yin

you can not lie about the future ....yang

you can not change the past, but you can change the future .

if someone says im going to the base ball game , you can change that

if they say i went to the baseball game , you cant change that .

once you understand the basic principals of life and the universe , you too can be a master of the tao

Edited by TaoMaster

once you understand the basic principals of life and the universe , you too can be a master of the tao

Being labeled a "master in daoism" means nothing. You clearly have not understood the use of the useless. As for me, I'm about average, I guess. Not really a concern of mine. I wouldn't even consider myself a daoist, strictly speaking, since in the end, that's also a label, and the question if one is or isn't a daoist is another bs duality.

Edited by beyonder
  • Like 2

I must respond to this first.

yes , read the section under my avatar . I am a master of the Tao . a real one . Nice to meet you . :)

Yes, I did see where you mentioned that before. I am honored to meet you as well. I intend no disrespect. And I accept the reality of dualities within the physical (manifest) universe. But when I have a question I will ask it. I am a man of the physical universe. And my understanding is that there is total logic guiding all things of the physical universe. Therefore, when considering a thing or a concept of the mind of man I look for the logic guiding that thing or the logic behind the concept.

And I freely share my understandings and opinions but I'm sure you are already aware of that. Hehehe.

you can not change the past, but you can change the future .

if someone says im going to the base ball game , you can change that

if they say i went to the baseball game , you cant change that .

I'm in total agreement with you here. I have made similar comments many times here.

But I don't want to be a master of anything except a master of my own life and even that is unattainable because there are countless uncontrollable external influences. But I can be master of my inner essence and that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

@ Asmo

"If someone thinks that his pov is right and won't consider any other opinion why should you care or even talk to him/her?"

If one does not feel a need to change anyone elses point of view , that requirement would be moot.

"Different persons different viewpoints different truths/lies, because everyone percieves their reality different."

If one believes this to be true , then , there is no possibility of ever having the same point of view anyway.

Why should I talk to someone who isnt sure of even their own point of view?

• Like 2

Being labeled a "master in daoism" means nothing. You clearly have not understood the use of the useless. As for me, I'm about average, I guess. Not really a concern of mine. I wouldn't even consider myself a daoist, strictly speaking, since in the end, that's also a label, and the question if one is or isn't a daoist is another bs duality.

Thx for the comment, :) The law of duality is somthing i specialize in . Ive mastered it to a degree. So, Im a tao master to the dame degree that it relates to taoisum.

Youre certainly free to consider duality BS . Its your choice, not mine. I love It. I know of others who also find it interesting.. :)

Edited by TaoMaster

thx man, :)

so whats all the significance of yang and yin , yin yang ? is it yan or yang ? thelerner

i know its an ancient symbol but how does it relate to life in the universe?

Daeluin can you chime in too? :)

I didn't read the whole thread but would like to add the following -

Yin and Yang is a reflection of the process of thought, and it is completely empty.

It is labeling, discriminating, comparing, judging.

It is the way the nature of things is expressed through our individual and collective awareness and discernment.

It is what give rise to the form within (and without) the formless.

Like it is useful to use our internet discussion to learn about ourselves, same with our philosophy perhaps.

Philosophy, spirituality, and physics isn't about how things are, it is about howho we are.

Snoogins'

• Like 2

I once met a master electrician who didn't understand electricity, or even how a light bulb works. After recognizing that, I learned to take everything he said with a grain of salt.

• Like 4

I once met a master electrician who didn't understand electricity, or even how a light bulb works. After recognizing that, I learned to take everything he said with a grain of salt.

Good for you Brian , can you tell me , how do you know which is yin and which is yang ? This is my qiestion.

I am surprised to hear that from a physicist. You did say that you are a physicist...right......???

Edited by ChiDragon