TaoMaster

How do we know what's yin and what's yang . Really.

Good for you Brian , can you tell me , how do you know which is yin and which is yang ? This is my qiestion.

Fair question. I hope Brian sees it and responds.

I once met a physicist who did not understand the basic law that governs all things and life in the universe. Or even the concept of positive and negative. So he decided to learn from masters of the Tao . Who know.

• Like 1

Well, I know the difference between positive and negative as I have been bitten by the positive on many occasions. (The negative side will bite too if it is in circuit with a load.)

I once met a master electrician who didn't understand electricity, or even how a light bulb works. After recognizing that, I learned to take everything he said with a grain of salt.

Good for you Brian , can you tell me , how do you know which is yin and which is yang ? This is my qiestion.

I am surprised to hear that from a physicist. You did say that you are a physicist...right......???

Dear CD,

What is the "that" that surprises you? Perhaps you think I speak ill of master electricians? That is not my meaning -- and in truth I would still trust the spoken of master electrician in matters of what municipal, state and federal building codes require for the wiring in my home. Besides, he's my brother-in-law. If your that is a different that than that that, please let me know.

Or are you suggesting that an electrician needs to understand the mechanics behind the mechanics in order to be able to employ the mechanism? We are all surrounded by things we don't understand daily, aren't we? We generally set that knowledge of lack of knowledge aside and carry on anyhow, don't we?

How do I know which is yin and which is yang?

The answer is deceptively simple -- by feeling the difference.

The thread's title is an interesting question: "How do we know what's yin and what's yang?"

Yin isn't a "what" or a "which" and neither is yang. Yin and yang are subjective relativistic descriptors.

300°K -- is that hot or cold?

Heat is a physical principle and temperature is a four-dimensional scalar field quantifying that principle but "hot" and "cold?" It depends...

10" -- is that long or short? Wait! Are we talking time or distance? Ten seconds or ten inches?

LOL Let's do both! :) Length is a spatial dimension and we can measure it in feet and inches but "long" and "short?" It depends...

Time is what keeps everything from all happening at once (or not) and we can measure it with a sandglass:

wicked-witch-hourglass.gif

Short and long kinda depend on my perspective, don't they?

Is a hundred miles an hour fast or slow?

Is a ton heavy or light?

Yin or yang?

Is a teapot yin or yang?

Is a deep old-growth forest yin or yang?

Yin and yang kinda depend on my perspective, don't they?

I feel yin and yang in a fashion similar to the way I feel the hotness or coldness of a swimming pool, or can tell good jazz from bad.

The underlying issue at hand here, though, seems to me to be the idea of knowing.

We "know" about Heisenberg's uncertainty principle but the scope and significance of that principle are profound in nature and assimilation of that principle, of the awareness that there are innate limitations to "knowability" (not sure whether I coined the word but it is an appropriate one) along ANY line of physical inquiry -- this is a paradigm shift which changes one's perspective. Then, similar to the electrician, one can set aside the knowledge of unknowability and carry on anyhow.

But that's a topic for a different thread...

Que Donovan:

• Like 5

an illusion is a thing we cant see and a lie is something else we cant see .

we also cant see the back of a thing while facing the front of it .

illusion

lie

back

all yin.

when we see the illusion, as an illusion it becomes yang and vanishes.

when we see the lie , it becomes truth and vanishes.

when we see the back of a thing it becomes the front and the back vanishes.

when you view mountains in the distance you dont see the back . front always faces fronts .

when you realize its a painting of mountains , the illusion of demension and depth vanishes and it becomes a real 1 demensional painting. :)

How do I know which is yin and which is yang?

The answer is deceptively simple -- by feeling the difference.

The thread's title is an interesting question: "How do we know what's yin and what's yang?"

Yin isn't a "what" or a "which" and neither is yang. Yin and yang are subjective relativistic descriptors.

300°K -- is that hot or cold?

Heat is a physical principle and temperature is a four-dimensional scalar field quantifying that principle but "hot" and "cold?" It depends...

10" -- is that long or short? Wait! Are we talking time or distance? Ten seconds or ten inches?

LOL Let's do both! :) Length is a spatial dimension and we can measure it in feet and inches but "long" and "short?" It depends...

Time is what keeps everything from all happening at once (or not) and we can measure it with a sandglass:

wicked-witch-hourglass.gif

Short and long kinda depend on my perspective, don't they?

Is a hundred miles an hour fast or slow?

Is a ton heavy or light?

Yin or yang?

Is a teapot yin or yang?

Is a deep old-growth forest yin or yang?

Yin and yang kinda depend on my perspective, don't they?

I feel yin and yang in a fashion similar to the way I feel the hotness or coldness of a swimming pool, or can tell good jazz from bad.

The underlying issue at hand here, though, seems to me to be the idea of knowing.

We "know" about Heisenberg's uncertainty principle but the scope and significance of that principle are profound in nature and assimilation of that principle, of the awareness that there are innate limitations to "knowability" (not sure whether I coined the word but it is an appropriate one) along ANY line of physical inquiry -- this is a paradigm shift which changes one's perspective. Then, similar to the electrician, one can set aside the knowledge of unknowability and carry on anyhow.

But that's a topic for a different thread...

Que Donovan:

Thx Brian ,

Yang and yin are always a positive and negative .

If there were no language for example, and all we could do is say two words, yang or yin or yang and yin, THATS yang yin.

Kind of like a grunt .....yang....grunt yin.

Yang is a yes and yin is a no .

It's not relative to any other thing other that yang and yin and perspective has no bearing on it in any way.

A yes is always a yes and a yin is always yin , no exceptions.

What some have trouble with , is adding some kind of context to it giving it perspective options. Spinning it . So to speak .

Yang is always positive and yin is always neg . No exceptions.

What is pos or neg can change based on context but pos is always a pos and neg is always neg.

Yang and yin can be assigned to words based on context .

A tea cup is yang when compared to no tea yin.

A tea cup by itself can be yin or yang

A small tea cup next to a large tea cup ? Use the large , it's more and more is always positive when compared to less.

If you converse with another only using the words yang or yin , yang will always be pro and yin con .

If you use the meditative drill of forming dual packages, it's always used based on your feeling or what's positive and what's neg.

It's done on general terms and can always be changed based on your opinion.

It's never done based on another's opinions.

Past considerations will arise, get sorted out by you and then vanished.

I can assure you though that there is nothing in the universe that is not either positive or neg.

Not because I read about it in a book , it's because the universe does not change based upon perspective , perspective is changed by you . Only by you

If the color green is yang then the absence of the color green is yin .

Absence is a neg , it's a no, a not, a minus.

Present is a yang a yes , a certainty, a positive .

The only thing that changes is your perspective , but not the yang or yin .

Once you get started on the drill , you won't want to get off of it . The more you do it the more you'll want to do it.

You'll know more about life and the universe than anyone on the planet .

It will take you all the way to zero .

I can tell you where else , but you won't believe me. You'll be like ok BS dude.

You just need to do it . You will thank me latter.

You'll also see others around you who don't have a clue as to wtf is going on , how did all this come to be ( the universe ) ?

Make a list

Put the pos on one side and the neg on the other . See where it takes you ? If it goes well, you'll know by how you feel. It'll feel good if you do it correctly and like crap if you don't.

Feelings are your yang and yin . Yang is always a good pos feeling and yin ? Do I need to say ?

Rather than try to disprove it ( yin ) try to prove it to be true ( yang )

See what I mean now ?

It's simply putting a + to a word or a -

Be honest with yourself .........yang .

I look at my absence of education as a positive . Yang. Others will say it's yin . THATS perspective.

Using the drill will sort it all out for you . It's a personal thing.

There will ba those who say , " I did it and nothing happened " its then being negative and you will understand the why behind it more than they know why they went to the trouble of telling you it didn't work out.

There's nothing in this for me . I'm not selling anything. A book or a class.

I'm here to be helpful. Who knows it may catch on and many will use it .

A magnet has two poles.

Which is pos and which is neg ? Neither depending which way they lay . There's no way to tell the difference unless there are two separate magnets or more.

When you place the magnets in a way that they stick to each other , you'll find like poles . When they oppose, you'll find unlike poles.

Yang or yin are always opposing to each other , while two of the same complete each other.

THIS IS YANG AND YIN . perspective will not change this.

From this perspective there is no pos or neg . Just opposing or complementing poles.

Pos always attracts and neg always repels. No exceptions. You can spin this anyway you want and even lie to yourself about and you won't change it .

Front can only see front and back can never see another back .

Do you see life forms with eyes on the back of thier heads ?

Human life forms as well as all life forms are based on yang and yin .

Two eyes, nostrils, ears and many other sets. Any singular items are based on life the creator of all things. Like the heart for example or the head . It's life and the physical universe. . Life form.

Religion has nothing to do with it . Religion is like a motorcycle club. Just a bunch of people getting together on a subject.

It's all scientific and spiritual . You can and will literally and figuratively understand all there is to understand about life and the universe.

Who would not want to know this stuff? You'll be amazed at how many do not .

We were all present when the universe was created, just as present as we are right now.

Weather or not you choose to know it is your choice. It's not mine . I choose to know . It's yang . Yang sticks to other yangs just like the magnet and yin sticks to yin .

Who do you want to stick around with ? Who do you not want to stick around with you ?

The general thread along the lines of different cultures and the cautions on not mixing them is intuiting a problem that is apparent.

It is true that "everything is already mixed" and all of those things speaking to the contrary of the idea of not mixing them are fine on a mundane level - all kind of a non-argument arguement.

But in the basis of this misty idea, we are giving birth in Western culture to a Western approach for our Western Psyche, our Western bodies.

We have in many cases from the past ancient teaching "right information, wrong body".

This birthing process is happening right now - it is extremely exciting - entirely "new" approaches for the Western psyche that do not really work for the Indian, or the Japanese or the Chinese - three very different cultures and psyche.

We see the fruits of the many Awakening individuals formulating the new words, new practices, new dialog - and they are not all rehash - they are truely differentiated for the Western body/mind - to the point that the other traditions will say "impossible", " you cannot do that" and for them on the whole it is true because they do not see parts of the Western psyche and some of those elements which have stabilized quite differently.

Edited by Spotless

Thoughtfulness

People Come, People go
All they seek
Is what they already know
Their life seems so centered
Around them self’s they live
Never do they stop for a moment
On & on they go
Seeking the light of Wisdom
Closing their eyes to the world
They always portray an image
Of what they think of the world
Were they to stop & listen
To the silence within them self’s
The world would open in abundance
To the Universe that exist in their heads
An illusion of their life would reveal
The greatest truth of the mind
A breath taken in awareness
A breath taken divine

:)

• Like 1

It's all relative... my 2c.

yin. :lol:

men are yang women are yin ..................generally. see what i mean . ?

but you can fine tune out the generality of yang and yin . When you do the excercise. Its both subjective and objective .

you can fight it , deny it , oppose it and refuse it , all yin. But it wont change the universe one bit . Youll just be swimming up stream . Is it not better to row, row , row, your boat gentally down the stream ? Life is but a dream .... or something like that .

typically speaking , dudes will be like , do it bro come on do it !!! and laugh :lol: while sistas will be like :angry: NO i said NO . Dont do that .

key word is typically.

girls say yes too and guys say no as well .

when you look at the whole universe or as much of it as you can youll see yang and yin every where .

Many will say theres more to life than just + and - but they dont see the details . Its ONLY yang and yin . There is no 3rd or 4th .

its a binary universe. always has been and will be . No matter how we spin it .

you can change your perspective or oppinion all you want but it wont change yang and yin .

i did nt dream this stuff up :) for lack of something better to do . or did I ?

im not the only one who " sees" it either.

I thought i was until i started looking into the yang and yin from others

When i met my wife , her english was not very good. I didnt care . I knew she was a good person . I would use words and pictures and write them on paper for her to read. I made a list of positive things and then wrote the opposites next to the positives. Afte the list got to be about 40 words long in columns , i noticed something very interesting about the list . It answered questions about life for me and for her. Illusions began showing up and vanishing . It gave me a good feeling about life and living. .

then i started forming sentences about 6 years latter . opposing sentences. Then longer and longer sentences. all opposing . It was amazing . I was back to zero and the begining of creation of the universe and the role life has with the universe. .

life is the only non dualistic in the universe but life is not physical. its spiritual and has no mass , no matter . no location.

life is perfection and the only absolute in the universe, but life has no location so its not in the universe and it is in the universe. Its both in and not in .

you cant give life a name like i have, because life is not a thing nor a noun nor a verb .

life is everything the physical universe is not and the physical universe is everything life is not .

Life is what put everything and every one here. Life is who and what runs the show so to speak .

Life is who everyone is praying to ( :lol:) when its actually life praying to self, in human for to sprirtual non formed.

life is yang , it came first then the universe , yin it came after to oppose yang.

we are all life all 1 spiritual being , not sparate beings or souls.

you and me ? same dudes and sistas brah. :lol: . See that treet frog on the tree? BOTH you and both me . That makes you and me the same dude or sista too holms.

You can deny it all you want . That what life does. It propoes and denys self , yang and yin .

outside the universe , there is no self and others . only self . LIFE . Life is singular. The 1 but also ZERO . Life exists and does not exist .

:)

• Like 1

The general thread along the lines of different cultures and the cautions on not mixing them is intuiting a problem that is apparent.

It is true that "everything is already mixed" and all of those things speaking to the contrary of the idea of not mixing them are fine on a mundane level - all kind of a non-argument arguement.

But in the basis of this misty idea, we are giving birth in Western culture to a Western approach for our Western Psyche, our Western bodies.

We have in many cases from the past ancient teaching "right information, wrong body".

This birthing process is happening right now - it is extremely exciting - entirely "new" approaches for the Western psyche that do not really work for the Indian, or the Japanese or the Chinese - three very different cultures and psyche.

We see the fruits of the many Awakening individuals formulating the new words, new practices, new dialog - and they are not all rehash - they are truely differentiated for the Western body/mind - to the point that the other traditions will say "impossible", " you cannot do that" and for them on the whole it is true because they do not see parts of the Western psyche and some of those elements which have stabilized quite differently.

allot of good sensations for sure . its what life is all about . Pos and neg sensations.

life is the creator of all things, aka the physical and mental universe. aka the subjective and objective universe . and is the only absolute and is not subject to realitivity

yang only relates to other yangs and yins to other yins. like how men are related to other men and women to other women or love to like and hate to dislike

yang and yin can refer to one another but theres not relation.

there is only 1 exception to this

they are both in the same universe at the same times

the 1 exception is the law of duality .

peace :)

life is the creator of all things, aka the physical and mental universe. aka the subjective and objective universe . and is the only absolute and is not subject to realitivity

I actually agree with this but I would never say it the way you have.

the 1 exception is the law of duality .

peace :)

That comes later. The physical (objective) is created first. Then the mental (subjective) is created and this is where we find dualities.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

I actually agree with this but I would never say it the way you have.

That comes later. The physical (objective) is created first. Then the mental (subjective) is created and this is where we find dualities.

do you see duality in just the objective physical universe ?

or is it when you consider it subjectively and see it objectively simultaneously ?

thx for your comments :)

Edited by TaoMaster

do you see duality in just the objective physical universe ?

or is it when you consider it subjectively and see it objectively simultaneously ?

thx for your comments :)

Dualities exist only in the subjective. The objective, physical universe is exactly what it is and must be; it cannot be otherwise; no dualities at all in the objective.

How many religions are there with their own creation story? There was only one first cause. But that cannot be spoken of just as the Eternal Tao cannot be spoken of. All the creation stories are subjective. (And all are BS, IMO.)

• Like 2

Dualities exist only in the subjective. The objective, physical universe is exactly what it is and must be; it cannot be otherwise; no dualities at all in the objective.

How many religions are there with their own creation story? There was only one first cause. But that cannot be spoken of just as the Eternal Tao cannot be spoken of. All the creation stories are subjective. (And all are BS, IMO.)

anything and the absence of that thing can be spoken of . But i know what you mean . Life is what you are referring to that can not be spoken ok but im here to tell you it can . i just did . True , it has no mass or wave length, position in space, etc but as soon as you refer to it as the eternal tao , you just spoke about it . Its an oxymoron.

its easy to say its not true and such but without saying what is to refute it just detracts to your statement to the same degree.

if i say gravity is an effect of such and such and you say no it isnt , then fail to provide your own logical explanation for what the cause of gravity or even say you dont know ? then your comment has no weight and its not convincing . :)

I can speak of it but i can not prove a thing that does not exist in physical terms. Life is not physical and can not be proved physically . It can only be proved in terms of logic in that the physical univers did not just happen on its own . If you can prove it did , be my guest . :)

Challenge me, will you? Hehehe.

anything and the absence of that thing can be spoken of . But i know what you mean . Life is what you are referring to that can not be spoken ok but im here to tell you it can . i just did . True , it has no mass or wave length, position in space, etc

But all you are doing is spitting out words which are physically nothing.

Science can determine the difference between a thing that is alive and a thing that is not. No, I cannot in many cases because life exists in things that are too small for me to even see.

Life emits energy. Something not alive does not emit energy. And with that understanding we can say that anything that is radioactively charged is alive.

but as soon as you refer to it as the eternal tao , you just spoke about it . Its an oxymoron.

That is only the finger pointing at something we presume to exist. We may well be pointing at nothing.

its easy to say its not true and such but without saying what is to refute it just detracts to your statement to the same degree.

I always support what I say. I may well be wrong but that doesn't matter. If I am wrong then it is my understanding that is flawed.

if i say gravity is an effect of such and such and you say no it isnt , then fail to provide your own logical explanation for what the cause of gravity or even say you dont know ? then your comment has no weight and its not convincing . :)

Well, first of all, gravity sucks. I have never failed to express my understanding regarding anything I speak to. Again, my understanding may b flawed but that doesn't matter. Gravity is the electro-magnetic attraction of one mass toward another. The more massive a thing is the greater its gravity. My mass isn't great enough to attract anything except moochers who want what I have.

I can speak of it but i can not prove a thing that does not exist in physical terms. Life is not physical and can not be proved physically . It can only be proved in terms of logic in that the physical univers did not just happen on its own . If you can prove it did , be my guest . :)

No, we can never prove a thing does not exist. The best that can be said is that no verified observance of such a thing has never been documented.

But life is a physical thing. Yes it is. Again, science can discern life and not-life.

And what proof do you have to support saying that the physical universe did not just happen on its own? Stephen Hawkins proved (to himself) that there did not need be a first cause in order for the universe to exist.

And yes, there are other theoretical physicists who can prove mathematically was created spontaneously. No, I, personally, cannot prove it.

Anyhow, I'm wondering which button I pushed in order to get the response from you that I am now responding to. Would you care to tell me?

• Like 1

Challenge me, will you? Hehehe.

But all you are doing is spitting out words which are physically nothing.

Science can determine the difference between a thing that is alive and a thing that is not. No, I cannot in many cases because life exists in things that are too small for me to even see.

Life emits energy. Something not alive does not emit energy. And with that understanding we can say that anything that is radioactively charged is alive.

That is only the finger pointing at something we presume to exist. We may well be pointing at nothing.

I always support what I say. I may well be wrong but that doesn't matter. If I am wrong then it is my understanding that is flawed.

Well, first of all, gravity sucks. I have never failed to express my understanding regarding anything I speak to. Again, my understanding may b flawed but that doesn't matter. Gravity is the electro-magnetic attraction of one mass toward another. The more massive a thing is the greater its gravity. My mass isn't great enough to attract anything except moochers who want what I have.

No, we can never prove a thing does not exist. The best that can be said is that no verified observance of such a thing has never been documented.

But life is a physical thing. Yes it is. Again, science can discern life and not-life.

And what proof do you have to support saying that the physical universe did not just happen on its own? Stephen Hawkins proved (to himself) that there did not need be a first cause in order for the universe to exist.

And yes, there are other theoretical physicists who can prove mathematically was created spontaneously. No, I, personally, cannot prove it.

Anyhow, I'm wondering which button I pushed in order to get the response from you that I am now responding to. Would you care to tell me?

opposition leads to more opposition . You comments were in opposition to mine.

if someone punched you in the nose for no reason , you are likely to punch the guy back

if someone hands you a 100 bill you are likely to say wow thanks bro !

like or yang attracts the same yang and usually to the same degree. Yang comes in many forms. Money is one of them and gratitude is another

anger hatred and violence is yin , it attracts more of the same

our body's are massive and so is the planet so they are attracted to one another . :)

generally speaking , i like who you are and everyone else who is on these threads . all good people even though they are opposed to much of what i have to say . You've got allot of yang about you , see my thread called what is love. look at all the yang side attributes. I see allot of that in you as well as yin too . Im no exception . Ive got some wicked yin attributes that like the tao should not be spoken of :lol: . But i don't broadcast them here

I typically do not reply to others threads in opposition. It just attracts more opposition and the sensations of opposition are negative and undesirable for me . Others too .

i think there should be a dislike button just to keep things on the up and up fair and square . no comment is neither like or dislike . :) or no big deal either way .

hey do you have 20 bucks i can borrow for a couple weeks ? :lol:

Edited by TaoMaster

Hi TaoMaster,

Oh, I'm really not opposed to you and what you say. I'm just discussing the concepts that you raise in your posts. And truthfully, you do mention a lot of concepts that are worthy of speaking to.

That fact that we disagree often doesn't really matter.

Yes, I am primarily Yang. But my Yin is not negative, it is restful and peaceful.

And hey, if my response to one of your posts appears to oppose what you said it is likely only because I disagree with you.

But gravity still sucks.

• Like 1

Hi TaoMaster,

Oh, I'm really not opposed to you and what you say. I'm just discussing the concepts that you raise in your posts. And truthfully, you do mention a lot of concepts that are worthy of speaking to.

That fact that we disagree often doesn't really matter.

Yes, I am primarily Yang. But my Yin is not negative, it is restful and peaceful.

And hey, if my response to one of your posts appears to oppose what you said it is likely only because I disagree with you.

But gravity still sucks.

disagreement is opposition

without opposition there is no sensation.

if you agree with everyone all the time it becomes very dull and meaningless

if you oppose everyone all the time it too becomes meaningless as well as annoying . YIN

what do you consider to be yang and yin and how do you come to your conclusions of which is which ? :)

Ah! A question to me. How nice.

what do you consider to be yang and yin and how do you come to your conclusions of which is which ? :)

I have always viewed Yin and Yang as the polarities of Chi. I have always viewed Chi as energy. I have always considered there to be what I call "universal Chi", that is, the energy of the universe, as well as "personal Chi", which I sometimes refer to as a living thing's life force.

In my understanding, Yang is action and Yin is rest. Or, if you will, Yang is the going out and Yin is the return. I have never viewed Yin as something opposing Yang but rather both compliment the other. Yang is the volcano and Yin is the Spirit of the Valley.

Too much Yang and things start blowing up, too much Yin and nothing happens because it causes Yang to become grounded.

These polarities of Yin and Yang do change constantly. In my understanding, we rarely attain true balance of our energies because of constant external changes caused by not only universal Chi but the Chi of those we are around throughout the day and night. Rather than balance, I think that harmonizing these energies within our self is more efficient. This way sometimes our little light shines brightly and other times it puts out a soft glow. But too, never so bright that it is blinding nor too dim to be of any use.

• Like 3

I have always viewed Yin and Yang as the polarities of Chi. I have always viewed Chi as energy. I have always considered there to be what I call "universal Chi", that is, the energy of the universe, as well as "personal Chi", which I sometimes refer to as a living thing's life force.

In my understanding, Yang is action and Yin is rest. Or, if you will, Yang is the going out and Yin is the return. I have never viewed Yin as something opposing Yang but rather both compliment the other. Yang is the volcano and Yin is the Spirit of the Valley.

Too much Yang and things start blowing up, too much Yin and nothing happens because it causes Yang to become grounded.

These polarities of Yin and Yang do change constantly. In my understanding, we rarely attain true balance of our energies because of constant external changes caused by not only universal Chi but the Chi of those we are around throughout the day and night. Rather than balance, I think that harmonizing these energies within our self is more efficient. This way sometimes our little light shines brightly and other times it puts out a soft glow. But too, never so bright that it is blinding nor too dim to be of any use.

Nailed it.

• Like 2

Master of the Tao . Very well said MH. You have the basics to take what you know and expand it into awareness levels well beyond your current level of awareness.

My point of view on yang and yin is that they both oppose and complete one another .

When you say yang is going out and yin is the return , this is opposition . Like a game of ping pong . ( smile )

When you say the polarities are constantly changing ? Illusion . But that's my POV on it. Only our perspective changes.

Going out is ALWAYS going out and return always return . ( smile )

Yes you can go out more or return less but that won't change yang yin. Or the polarity. You can spin it all you want . Going out is always out and return is in.

Will knowing this make you look younger ? No , find a better parking spot ? No.

Increase your awareness about life and the universe? Yes

I have another question , mr master of the Tao ( laugh )

Can all things be determined as to which is yang and which is yin in the universe? .

If so how is it done ?

Thx bro !!

Errrr.

Sorry to butt in but there isn't a 'law' of duality.

If we take 'law' to be.....

A statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon always occurs if certain conditions are present:

For example....

the second law of thermodynamics

Then 'duality' fails the test and cannot be a 'law' because duality is mediated by variable discourse, as we see very clearly here on this thread.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 4