mewtwo

being a peaceful warrior?

But then, if the robber is dead then it is only your word as to what happened and why the robber is dead.

I have seen that crap happen here in the US and I think it stinks. Lawyers out to make big bucks.

If it is a Castle Doctrine state, then you can shoot the robber for breaking in, otherwise might need to prove self defense.

• Like 1

Peaceful warrior is maybe a bit of an oxymoron.

If it hits the fan you really need warriors on your side who are more aggressive or at least better equipped than the other side's warriors otherwise your guys would tend to lose which rather defeats the object of that whole warrior schtick.

I only carried a weapon during basic training in the army and I reckon I was more of a threat to our side than I would have been to a potential enemy.

After boot camp I was a medic so a 'non combatant' and not issued with a weapon.

When I joined the Special Hospital Service ( secure asylums for inmates who were then called the 'criminally insane') we were issued with a truncheon and our uniform trousers had a special long pocket that the stick fitted into.

I never saw anyone draw a stick on a patient ever and eventually as things changed truncheons were withdrawn.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Never underestimate how strong the desire for peace can be and what one will do in order to maintain it.

• Like 1

Good call.

But at that point when the SHTF and the bullets etc are flying about then the guys fighting for peace aren't being peaceable as such externally.

Maybe internally some of them are but from my happily few experiences of being in amongst it most of us weren't at all internally peaceable.

Quite the opposite, certainly in my own case.

( Fenians saw red cross arm bands as useful aiming points)

" Getting in touch with one's inner coward" didn't cut it at all.

If I had a mantra back then it was..

" OH SHIT!!!"

Edited by GrandmasterP

a little tangental. I just bought a groupon/coupon for me and a buddy to go to a shooting range. We get a half hour of lessons, then a chance to shoot a variety of guns.

Why? I'll probably never own a gun ( could change if enough SHTF) but because they're out there I should learn how to handle one safely, where the safety is, how they're loaded and not to be overly shocked by the sound.

• Like 1

In the U.S such stories sometimes make headlines, but generally there are either unusual extraneous details or they end getting dismissed in court by judges or juries.

We've had some but not many well publicised cases like that here in the UK.

One guy, a farmer shot and killed one of two burglars who had broken into his house and surprised him.

He went to jail for manslaughter ( taking a life without 'malice aforethought') I think he served two years.

It was a big issue in the press at the time with pro and con arguments some for the guy some against.

Under English law it comes down to a jury having to decide in each case what constitutes 'reasonable force'.

Good call.

But at that point when the SHTF and the bullets etc are flying about then the guys fighting for peace aren't being peaceable as such externally.

Maybe internally some of them are but from my happily few experiences of being in amongst it most of us weren't at all internally peaceable.

Quite the opposite, certainly in my own case.

( Fenians saw red cross arm bands as useful aiming points)

" Getting in touch with one's inner coward" didn't cut it at all.

If I had a mantra back then it was..

" OH SHIT!!!"

Hehehe. Yes, you are correct in your observation. The Beauty turns into a Beast when push comes to shove that up close and personal. But still, those Peaceful Warriors would much rather be back home with the ones they love totally unconcerned with the affairs of the rest of the world.

• Like 1

Mind if I ask what happened when you pulled your gun out? can you share the stories?

3 times, and one is hilarious; My first one.

I was on probation, only on the job for maybe 8 months. I was temporarily assigned to Hollywood Detectives for a short time on the probationary 'wheel'. At that time, in 1969, women were still wearing uniforms of skirts and heels. (Well, shirts too!)

There were about 4 of us detectives trying to serve a felony warrant for robbery. All the guys drew their guns as we approached the house. I drew mine too, only it was in my purse and had a holster on it. Instead of taking it out of the holster, instead I just held the gun with the gun still holstered and pointed at the house. I guess I was too scared, too new - and I was afraid to unholster the damn gun!

The men in my company cracked up and were relentless on me for weeks. They made up a story about how the suspect was shot with a 38 caliber holster, etc, etc. (which he wasn't, he wasn't even home).

Another time my partner and I were arresting a rapist who was hiding in his underwear behind the clothes in his closet; all I could see was his white underwear, so that's where I pointed the gun to make the arrest.

The third time was, again at Hollywood Division, my female partner and I were looking for a suspect who was believed to be living in the old Houdini Estates in the Hollywood Hills. The current owner of the estate saw us way in the distance coming up his driveway, and for some reason he thought it was a fine idea to unleash his two dobermans to run us down. We stood our ground and drew down on the doggies - they were so well trained that they nipped at our legs, but didn't bite. We didn't have to shoot, but it was close. It put a run in my nylons, that's how close his teeth got.

CT - Not in a million years would I have suspected that you have such a background!! What an incredible journey you and I have both taken to wind up in this place....

• Like 1

If it hits the fan you really need warriors on your side who are more aggressive or at least better equipped than the other side's warriors otherwise your guys would tend to lose which rather defeats the object of that whole warrior schtick.

I only carried a weapon during basic training in the army and I reckon I was more of a threat to our side than I would have been to a potential enemy.

After boot camp I was a medic so a 'non combatant' and not issued with a weapon.

When I joined the Special Hospital Service ( secure asylums for inmates who were then called the 'criminally insane') we were issued with a truncheon and our uniform trousers had a special long pocket that the stick fitted into.

I never saw anyone draw a stick on a patient ever and eventually as things changed truncheons were withdrawn.

When the shit hits the fan, a warrior never gets involved if it is not righteous to do so.

Involvement with conflict, competition, and all things war, is usually and irrefutably wrongful. A soldier will jump at the opportunity to follow orders into battle, but a warrior will only defend the innocent and refrain from killing if it is not absolutely necessary...

I'm "criminally insane" but i dont show it off except during rants on the internet :\

• Like 3

3 times, and one is hilarious; My first one.

I was on probation, only on the job for maybe 8 months. I was temporarily assigned to Hollywood Detectives for a short time on the probationary 'wheel'. At that time, in 1969, women were still wearing uniforms of skirts and heels. (Well, shirts too!)

There were about 4 of us detectives trying to serve a felony warrant for robbery. All the guys drew their guns as we approached the house. I drew mine too, only it was in my purse and had a holster on it. Instead of taking it out of the holster, instead I just held the gun with the gun still holstered and pointed at the house. I guess I was too scared, too new - and I was afraid to unholster the damn gun!

The men in my company cracked up and were relentless on me for weeks. They made up a story about how the suspect was shot with a 38 caliber holster, etc, etc. (which he wasn't, he wasn't even home).

Another time my partner and I were arresting a rapist who was hiding in his underwear behind the clothes in his closet; all I could see was his white underwear, so that's where I pointed the gun to make the arrest.

The third time was, again at Hollywood Division, my female partner and I were looking for a suspect who was believed to be living in the old Houdini Estates in the Hollywood Hills. The current owner of the estate saw us way in the distance coming up his driveway, and for some reason he thought it was a fine idea to unleash his two dobermans to run us down. We stood our ground and drew down on the doggies - they were so well trained that they nipped at our legs, but didn't bite. We didn't have to shoot, but it was close. It put a run in my nylons, that's how close his teeth got.

CT - Not in a million years would I have suspected that you have such a background!! What an incredible journey you and I have both taken to wind up in this place....

your a woman? i thought women didnt come on the internet? lol seriously though I always thought you were a guy. Im oblivious to alot of things lol

Thats the thing I see videos on youtube of guys like saying i carry 3 knives with me at all times for self defence. and Im thinking to myself why carry something you are probably never going to use?

Edited by mewtwo

your a woman? i thought women didnt come on the internet? lol seriously though I always thought you were a guy. Im oblivious to alot of things lol

I'm a woman but I have a pretty masculine thought process.

• Like 1

I'm a woman but I have a pretty masculine thought process.

Naw. You are feminine from the top of your hair down to your big toe nails.

• Like 1

Ha... police stories ... here is one of mine.

I decided to volunteer as a helper for the Baha'i communities functions for the International Year of Peace. Then they asked me to head up security with a staff of 5 (due to my previous experience). I said I didnt actually have that level of expereince. I was told not to worry, it didnt matter, it was a token, the most I might have to do was give directions. So I agreed.

Then I am told I have to come to a special meeting. I get there and the state police armed tactical response unit are there as some militant Islamacist has threatened to blow up the International Year of Peace celebrations ( oh great :rolleyes: ! ).

So now these guys are telling me to just carry on and they will be in the crowd in disquise and hiding around. They tell me all this stuff I have to do ... so now I am working undercover for the Tactical Response Unit (which co-incidentially my Uncle was the head of ... they didnt believe me until I told intimate details about him and did an imitation of his stern and frightening Commander McDonald voice ... they freaked and go "Shit ! Thats him alright! " :D )

Anyway, much happened except when they were putting up a series of tied together banners, some guy came out of his house and protested, we said we had permission from the local authorities but he got aggressive and tried to scare us off, I said, bad luck, these kids arent doing anything wrong, its on the footpath which is not your property and you have no right to remove it ... so he goes inside and comes out with a shotty and tells the kids to pull it down or else ... so one quick radio call and ... :D ... he picked the wrong day to pull the gun out and get toey ... before he knew it he was swarmed by tactical response guys

Hell man ... I cant even do a day for International year of peace without crazy shit manifesting ... oh well, its a fun life.

There was also the forest protest punch up ... I planned on being peaceful, but in those long famous words "they started it" (and thought I was an incapable peaceful helpless hippy ripe for a bashing ), I got a bit angry when 4 drunk loggers jumped on this one guy, so I helped him, we eneded up back to back fighting and cleaned them up, when that bit was over he turned around to say thanks and shake my hand ... and it wasnt till then I realised he was a police officer :D ... which lead to the story of me wworking undercover for them while pretending to be a greenie

... see ...cant even go to a preserve the forest protest without crazy shit ..... :D

• Like 5

I'm laughing because its funny but really it is more sad than funny.

I used to be Mr. Nice Guy. I can't tell you how many times I was taken advantage of because of that. No more Mr. Nice Guy until after I totally and fully understand one's intentions.

But I can be very peaceful when I don't let others get too up close and personal.

• Like 3

Thank you, Mr. MH. But it's sort of true. My dad had the detective brain and I got it, not my brother. Certainly you have parts of ma and pa both?

I'm laughing because its funny but really it is more sad than funny.

I used to be Mr. Nice Guy. I can't tell you how many times I was taken advantage of because of that. No more Mr. Nice Guy until after I totally and fully understand one's intentions.

But I can be very peaceful when I don't let others get too up close and personal.

Oh ... I'm NICE ! And I am all for peace and love and happiness .... man .... but if someone wants to wreck that peace and happiness .... < pokes them in the eye and slaps their nuts > ... well, they should NOT do that ... it isnt nice is it ??? .

You see, I have been around long enough to know if you say that without the poke slap ... they wont lie there and listen to you :D

• Like 1

Certainly you have parts of ma and pa both?

Yes Dear, but I don't talk about my feminine side very often. Hehehe.

Wait...

Do you have unusually large toenails, manitou???

<confused>

Edited by Brian

Wait...

Do you have unusually large toenails, manitou???

<confused>

Okay, maybe I could have phrased that sentence a little differently but it is out there now so we'll have to work with it. Hehehe.

(I think she likely lets her toenails grow long in the summer when she is almost always barefooted.)

LOL, Brian. I was wondering about that one as well. The thing that's confusing to me, is that yes....I do have unusually large toes with humongous toenails. I was just wondering how Marbles knew.

Mystic MH.

Remote viewing services.

Toenails a speciality.

Reasonable rates.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Ugh ... toenails ... a friend of mine had been barefoot for about 30 years ... his feet ! :wacko: ... They must have been like that before, no one gets malformed lumpy clubs like that from being barefoot. He is very feral .... you know the type; come to dinner with an offering of potatoes they dug out of a field on the way here and sleep outside in the mulch pile to keep warm.

Anyway we were sparring in my back ward once and he is doing these silly little kicks across my shins, which I scoffed at, his smirking caused me to look down and my shin had these bleeding cuts, I looked at his feet and he has these long horrible looking dirty putrid nails .... I immediately conceded the bout and rushed inside to drench my legs in antiseptic .

Nasty toe nails ... a great weapon for the peaceful warrior ... next time I see them ... I'm outta there !

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2