mewtwo

being a peaceful warrior?

Ugh ... toenails ... a friend of mine had been barefoot for about 30 years ... his feet ! :wacko: ... They must have been like that before, no one gets malformed lumpy clubs like that from being barefoot. He is very feral .... you know the type; come to dinner with an offering of potatoes they dug out of a field on the way here and sleep outside in the mulch pile to keep warm.

Anyway we were sparring in my back ward once and he is doing these silly little kicks across my shins, which I scoffed at, his smirking caused me to look down and my shin had these bleeding cuts, I looked at his feet and he has these long horrible looking dirty putrid nails .... I immediately conceded the bout and rushed inside to drench my legs in antiseptic .

Nasty toe nails ... a great weapon for the peaceful warrior ... next time I see them ... I'm outta there !

yes, that's why I keep mine 2 inches long. Ya never know when you're going to be challenged to a cockfight.

• Like 3

I can no longer reach down to chew my toenails :(

Ummm ..... mewtwo ... would you mind doing me a little favour ?

• Like 3

What do you all think about arming teachers? School shootings are scary and I was sort of surprised that the kids thought it would be a good idea to have at least a few people on school staff who could shoot back. Then we talked about which of their teachers they would feel secure to have guns and not too many- would be too scared, too goofy, might go off and shoot kids themselves, might shoot the bad guy but then would be a basketcase for months. They decided the stern old lady science teacher was the one. She would shoot the bad guy, send a couple kids to get a big janitor bucket to throw the body in, and keep talking about the periodic table.

funny thing, school shootings.... people getting killed. always hilarious.

No seriously though, school shootings ARE an irony of sorts... when 100 years ago, a kid w/could bring in their birthday gift - a shotgun - and show it off with pride, no one got hurt, but now days, much less getting a gun as a gift, kids seem to be living in such constant fear in and of school that they feel any need what so ever to shoot anyone at all?

I believe a link has been established with anti-depressants and all sorts of other "prescription drugs"... which we didnt have 100+ years ago, like we do now.

What do you all think about arming teachers?

When talk first started about this I was in favor of it but I have reconsidered. I think it would be best to first, better educate the teachers and students about school violence and secondly, if necessary, have well trained, armed security on school grounds. No, the teachers should not be armed.

I believe a link has been established with anti-depressants and all sorts of other "prescription drugs"... which we didnt have 100+ years ago, like we do now.

That is an excellent point but I don't have the knowledge to discuss it.