joeblast

Is Jesus legit in Taoist practice or no? Off topic derail from the JAJ Neigong book thread

If you can happily do Big J and the Supreme Ultimate together good on you!

That sounds like a tall order.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

That sounds like a tall order.

To me it would be, but never say never, some people might consider it a minor feat or even fundamental :)

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

Think I will consult the great Taoist Oracle - the Brothers of the DooBie - to find out once and for all the answer to this question.

• Like 5

Giving up everything to follow a guy around is pretty hard core. And to do it because you know somehow that is what you wanted to be asked to do is even more extreme. It is less a set of beliefs and more of a crash site.

That place is avoided by most for good reason. It is dangerous and offers no obvious reason why it would benefit anybody despite the risk taken on to see the event through..

I have no idea how that practice relates to other traditions. What set of Venn diagrams will help?

Maybe it is just what it is by itself; Incommensurate with anything else.

Edited by PLB
  • Like 1

And just when I thought I couldn't possibly laff any more.

Ya Mu goes and posts this;

Think I will consult the great Taoist Oracle - the Brothers of the DooBie - to find out once and for all the answer to this question.

I nearly choked on me tea.

Let's roK n roll.

But I ain't no leader.

Don't follow leaderz.

Watch yer parkin' meters.

I'm just telling it like it is.

So leave me be.

Arm listenin' to da Doobies.

kthxbye

shh

xxx

prock

• Like 1

As far as i'm concerned "thy will be done" = "wu wei", and Jesus seemed to master the whole "thy will be done" stuff so he gets a pass in my book.

• Like 1

I'll see your Brothers Doobie and raise you a Brother John:

;)

• Like 1

I think I'll dip out of here, I'm wasting my time. But let me tell you the number of Daoists in the Heavens outnumber any other belief system that you could possibly think of by 100:1. Have whatever you fancy in your hearts its entirely up to you. All paths do not lead us all to the ultimate goal, a silly saying designed to encompass all beliefs as if they all are valid. A mountain has many misleading paths and some are life threatening and lead you off to a precipice. The right path one might never find, for one is blinded by other things that one may carry in one's mind or heart. So what would one won't to carry in their hearts on such a difficult and self deluding journey?

I don't think there is anyone who can tell who is in the Heavens and who is not? So how does one know who has made it and who has not? Immortals were made by a deep knowledge that required a person to have gone through many cycles of training until they had discovered their Dao xin. Such knowledge first of all involved the overcoming of the self. This may take many lifetimes realistically.

No offence taken! I'm feeling a little tired of saying the same things and feel like another thorny path to go through!

Edited by flowing hands
  • Like 3

If someone wishes to include Jesus in their cultivation then where's the harm?

No harm no foul... right?

But if the 'someone' has a national program with thousands taught, and known even worldly... Is there something missed if talking of Daoist magic that 'Jesus' is what comes to the forefront in discussions?

It may be a loaded point to make in the midst of Daoist historical teachings.

No harm no foul... right?

But if the 'someone' has a national program with thousands taught, and known even worldly... Is there something missed if talking of Daoist magic that 'Jesus' is what comes to the forefront in discussions?

It may be a loaded point to make in the midst of Daoist historical teachings.

How does the composition of your teachers celestial host diminish the effectiveness of the practices he offers?

His lineage flows through what he presents.

all the best.

balance.

Edited by balance.
  • Like 2

It's a fair call is ecumenism.

We live in a pluralist world , no point in alienating Christians or any other faith path followers if what one is presenting suits all faith paths and none as does Dr J's approach.

Thich Nhat Hanh has a useful book reconciling his Zen/ PL Buddhist path with Christianity.

The fundie Jesus boosters will have nothing to do with anything beyond their own walls but - for normal folks on any or no faith path - showing where and how 'our' stuff transcends sectarian boundaries has to be good.

A Christian or any other faith path person can cultivate as effectively as can an atheist, agnostic or worshipper at the shrine of the crocodile God Great Offler.

Religion, all of it; is just window dressing after all.

It's what's inside the store that counts not how each store chooses to decorate its windows or dress up its sales assistants.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

How does the composition of your teachers celestial host diminish the effectiveness of the practices he offers?

His lineage flows through what he presents.

all the best.

balance.

I've been on both sides. No harm no foul.

Ok this is ot and i know it but i thought it could be interesting as a tangent to the discussion here.

Have you guys seen SlowFlo and the other weirdness floating around the web? There's like a whole subgenre of litterature that describes a christian seekers fall and redemption. Main issue: martial arts and qigong wich are of course, Satanic Practices (duh!) that lead to possession and adolation of Satan in the shape of Nature.

Sorry for derail but some of it is prime time entertainment.

It is extremely difficult to penetrate the abstruse function brought to bear in the authentic teachings of Complete Reality praxis.

The teachings of Jesus are so fucked over by its own and subsequent political and cultural ramifications, why would anyone bother with it at all? (Not that I haven't).

The fact is, Jesus nailed it— he just had a heinous task that he fulfilled to perfection.

May I suggest that you just do the easy thing and wait until you actually penetrate the authentic transmission of taoism as taoism and only then use one's realization to match the talisman of all authentic teaching to aid in one's further refinement and the selfless emancipation of all sentient beings.

• Like 6

It is extremely difficult to penetrate the abstruse function brought to bear in the authentic teachings of Complete Reality praxis.

The fact is, Jesus nailed it— he just had a heinous task that he fulfilled to perfection.

This raises the issue of 'destiny' which I agree with the JAJ program about.

What is the Complete Reality position on such issues of destiny ?

I really hate to quote myself... but such is destiny...

@Deci: My question here is really the same as posted here to you. So you can maybe just treat the topic of destiny in one place, if you want.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/34539-purify-your-intention/?p=541641

Oh, i just stumbled onto this one, dawei…

hmmmm, well I will see what comes of this, ok?

Complete Reality tradition states simply that once one is free of creative evolution by having matched one's potential with the nonoriginated, destiny is up to oneself alone.

Will you please educate me on the JAJ program?

Ahh~ well at least I picked up on this in the meantime… What I'd written earlier was:

Open sincerity is purity of intent.

Intent is purified as soon as "your" is eliminated.

This is the meaning of openness.

Do you have a thread on this?

This implies the purity of intent is minus "your" [ownness]

IF intent is not "your" [ownness], is it an otherness?

What I was referring to in this instance was the OP stating "your intent".

So, eliminating the "your" from one's intent, makes your intent open, which is the working definition of purity: i.e., selfless. This is what defines purity, selflessly so.

So, in a sense, it could be seen in terms of "otherness". But here, it is not at all separate~ nor considered to be other than an intimate knowledge of reality without bias or inclination based on the situation itself evolving incipiently at the pivot of awareness.

Open sincerity is how one adapts impersonally to everyday ordinary situations, inasmuch as one does not come from a perspective of the personality due to a long-standing posture of detachment relative to speculative concerns involving self, other, before, after, good, bad and the whole panoply of confusion based on the emotional body and the discursive intellectual apparatus.

Did I address anything? Or perhaps there was an instance of positing on what it is that Jesus nailed? —Not that I doubt it, I wouldn't dare waste the energy. Ultimately, it doesn't matter.

I believe that dealing with the circumstances such as they are depicted in the Gospel, Jesus just dealt with it such as he did and came out smelling like a rose, that IS the way it goes, ya know. Creation has no hold over adepts of subtle function who ARE the light. Duh. Why does anybody think there ARE spiritual traditions, after all. It's not about being good. It's about freeing yourself, then others— IN THAT ORDER.

I'm not sure it was the fact of his supposed nailing!! His teachings are unabashedly saying it like it is in so many instances (even especially in the orthodox liturgy). In terms of the Gnostic records, which seem to be more concerned with sassily deriding the anthropo-centric antics of the creator-god and elucidating a practical approach to communing with the light within and surely based on a much older and (then) prevalent tradition— the orthodox orders ought to have been very concerned about all these spiritually acquainted lovelies doing the down and delirious in those unsupervised catacombs. Ooooh, what a rage that must have been!! Just projecting… heehee!!

That and the gnostics' penchant for deriding the stoopidity of throwing oneself away in terms of martyrdom. The orthodoxy really had to get a handle on that. When Constantine converted, he had the State eliminate the last vestiges of gnosticism by CE 400. Dangs!

ed note: kept adding to this…

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 2

destiny is up to oneself alone.

Will you please educate me on the JAJ program?

That was a perfect education :)

I might only add that, IMO, destiny is our path and education; not just volition but is a discovery for some. This might be an interesting topic.

You said it exactly as I understood. I can't speak to comments like needing Jesus (or Sufism, the teacher I learned under) or anything else in one's heart.

Ahh~ well at least I picked up on this in the meantime… What I'd written earlier was:

Open sincerity is purity of intent.

Intent is purified as soon as "your" is eliminated.

This is the meaning of openness.

What I was referring to in this instance was the OP stating "your intent".

So, eliminating the "your" from one's intent, makes your intent open, which is the working definition of purity: i.e., selfless. This is what defines purity, selflessly so.

So, in a sense, it could be seen in terms of "otherness". But here, it is not at all separate~ nor considered to be other than an intimate knowledge of reality without bias or inclination based on the situation itself evolving incipiently at the pivot of awareness.

I arrived at this meaning while in wait. Not separate. One cannot dismiss one-half but claim the other-half. Faulty logic on my part.

I'm not sure it was the fact of his supposed nailing!! His teachings are unabashedly saying it like it is in so many instances (even especially in the orthodox liturgy). In terms of the Gnostic records, which seem to be more concerned with a practical approach to communing with the light within and surely based on a much older and (then) prevalent tradition— the orthodox orders ought to have been very concerned about all these spiritually acquainted lovelies doing the down and delirious in those unsupervised catacombs. Ooooh, what a rage that must have been!!

I think this would be an interesting line to pursue... maybe in another thread.

dawei said:

I might only add that, IMO, destiny is our path and education; not just volition but is a discovery for some. This might be an interesting topic.I might only add that, IMO, destiny is our path and education; not just volition but is a discovery for some. This might be an interesting topic.

Since how one responds to reality from the pivot of awareness at the incipience of evolution is up to oneself alone does not infer that one ever initiates anything.

One neither takes nor adds to reality— that would be indicative of having a self, whereas the light unknowingly follows the will of god without the desire to do so.

• Like 1

Ultimately, whether or not one is the light at the incipience of the pivot of awareness, one simply adapts selflessly to conditions without bias or inclination. That is how one maintains the destiny that is up to oneself alone.

Since how one responds to reality from the pivot of awareness at the incipience of evolution is up to oneself alone does not infer that one ever initiates anything.

One neither takes nor adds to reality— that would be indicative of having a self, whereas the light unknowingly follows the will of god without the desire to do so.

Yes. This rounds out the idea of destiny as I was asking... One's response to reality. Which I equate to destiny.

• Like 1

Complete Reality tradition states simply that once one is free of creative evolution by having matched one's potential with the nonoriginated, destiny is up to oneself alone.

I want to stress that even though this statement may sound like a nod to sudden illumination, it is not.

Whenever one adapts impersonally to situations in the course ordinary affairs, one frees a bit of unrefined potential from the matrix of karmic evolution and has, in truth, taken over creation in so doing.

One must then immediately secrete this immaterial nonpsychological potential in the space formed by sincere intent void of intellectualism and store it there in innocence until it reaches maturity whereby it naturally turns into a grain of elixir, forever incorruptible.

This is also how destiny is up to oneself alone. Overall, the term is originally a euphemism for taking the polluted energy of creation and refining it into essence. One does this oneself in secret. It is up to oneself alone, and no one knows.

Since creation cannot hold one who is outside of its influence, would not destiny be up to oneself alone?

• Like 1

I got an asshole, so I got an opinion.

Is Jesus legit in Taoist practice or no?

I would say,

NO.

But I don't much care to dispute it.

• Like 1