Torus

Does Anyone Have Power?

Technically JC wasn't an exception :P since he ended up bailing out after only doing the brief testing that ended up on youtube. From what I remember, he never actually went beyond that like they had planned.

No Aeran, he stepped up to the plate, was stripped to a shirt, checked with a metal detector, and taken to a random location by the head of mind science foundation, a medical doctor and a biophysicist.

He certainly was an exception, he has real ability and he demonstrated it for us.

No Aeran, he stepped up to the plate, was stripped to a shirt, checked with a metal detector, and taken to a random location by the head of mind science foundation, a medical doctor and a biophysicist.

He certainly was an exception, he has real ability and he demonstrated it for us.

My point is that he didn't end up traveling to Universities to demonstrate before physics departments, etc etc. like Kosta had wanted and like I described would be necessary. He did the brief demonstration you described then bailed on the whole 'proving the existence of Chi' endeavor (or possibly it just fell by the wayside after he cut off the white dudes, I don't know).

My point is that he didn't end up traveling to Universities to demonstrate before physics departments, etc etc. like Kosta had wanted and like I described would be necessary. He did the brief demonstration you described then bailed on the whole 'proving the existence of Chi' endeavor (or possibly it just fell by the wayside after he cut off the white dudes, I don't know).

It's not like he didn't want to, he did the best he could.

It's not like he didn't want to, he did the best he could.

I'm not attacking the man, just pointing out that it never ended up happening.

I'm not attacking the man, just pointing out that it never ended up happening.

As powerful as JC is, the higher ups pulled rank. That's why he's no longer teaching. That's why all Caucasians were expelled.

At least we have the evidence we do, so don't try to downplay it as if it's insignificant.

I don't think qi = mind, since how to get the strongest qi is to blank the mind :P.

I disagree. To 'blank' the mind, one would become like a stone or an animal carcass. Or as it's also known, dead tree zen.

To 'blank' the mind would leave it in a fixed state. In this way, qi would stagnate and cause health problems.

Similar to meditators that focus on one point, such as the dantian or third eye. If qi is allowed to gather in one place it causes numerous problems, both physical and mental.

However, to empty the mind, leaves it in a flexible mode, where it is left to work, without any thought distractions. The thoughts recede into the background but are still there.

There is a big difference between 'blanking' and emptying.

'Blanking' suggests using force to block out the 10,000 things. Whereas, in emptying, the mind is left to settle on it's own accord without any interference, allowing myriad possibilities.

Quintessential wu-wei.

Blunting the sharpness.

'Institute for Applied Biocybernetics and Feedback Research' The power of inner smile ... :)

I am more interested in abilities that can be quantified, lowering electrical skin resistant, and eeg readouts don't do much for me personally.

Wim Hof's abilities are much more interesting.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

That's why all Caucasians were expelled.

Whatever the intentions were of this, it is racist. Banning teaching of a supposedly high level practice to people because of their skin colour ? However you dress it up it's racist. If this is what these high power practices do for you then thanks, but no thanks.

Developing your spirit has nothing to do with your character.

You can't divide the body/mind/spirit into separate segments. They're all part of an integrated whole.

You can't divide the body/mind/spirit into separate segments. They're all part of an integrated whole.

What you think is spirituality is not.

Being at peace has nothing to do with your spirit.

Equanimity has nothing to do with your spirit.

Wisdom has nothing to do with your spirit.

Compassion has nothing to do with your spirit.

You could be worse than Hitler, worse than Genghis Khan, and still be more spiritually developed than Mother Theresa or the Dali Lama, if you you were training in a legitimate method like mo pai, and were able to dedicate your entire life to it.

Caterpillars turn into butterflies, but working in soup kitchens isn't a requirement for that metamorphosis.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

What you think is spirituality is not.

Being at peace has nothing to do with your spirit.

Equanimity has nothing to do with your spirit.

Wisdom has nothing to do with your spirit.

Compassion has nothing to do with your spirit.

You could be worse than Hitler, worse than Genghis Khan, and still be more spiritually developed than Mother Theresa or the Dali Lama, if you you were training in a legitimate method like mo pai, and were able to dedicate your entire life to it.

Caterpillars turn into butterflies, but working in soup kitchens isn't a requirement for that metamorphosis.

Yes, I agree, but racism ?

Except for that whole thing about needing a special kind of aura.

Yes, I agree, but racism ?

I am sure they have racist body builders who can bench press a Buick, them being racist or not racist doesn't have a lot to do with their diet, and exercise regimen.

What I am talking about is beings who developed their spirit as though it was an energetic biological fetus and raised it to adulthood, the end result being a fully ground and adult energetic carbon copy of their body, completely developed.

No matter how racist, evil or anything else they may be, it has nothing to do with how developed their spirit is or is not.

Except for that whole thing about needing a special kind of aura.

Liao sifu, Chang's teacher slaughtered an entire village filled with men, women and children. He was still more advanced than 99.99999% of everyone alive on earth today.

Liao sifu, Chang's teacher slaughtered an entire village filled with men, women and children. He was still more advanced than 99.99999% of everyone alive on earth today.

Giving in to a momentary animalistic rage after being pushed to the brink is hardly the same as being a genocidal dictator.

Anyway there's no way to prove whether the 'special aura' does or doesn't relate to moral development, but my point is that even Hitler or Genghis Khan aren't going to get past the early stages without it.

Some paths/lineages only teach others who are genetically related (or sometimes those who marry in), that goes even further than an entire race...

Giving in to a momentary animalistic rage after being pushed to the brink is hardly the same as being a genocidal dictator.

Anyway there's no way to prove whether the 'special aura' does or doesn't relate to moral development, but my point is that even Hitler or Genghis Khan aren't going to get past the early stages without it.

Lim the man who killed Pai lok nen, Liao's teacher dedicated himself to training purely out of hatred and spite, and was quite an evil fellow before that.

Edited by Thunder_Gooch

Lim the man who killed Pai lok nen, liao's teacher dedicated himself to training purely out of hatred and spite, and was quite an evil fellow before that.

Meh, it's meaningless to debate when neither of us have access to the facts behind the aura thing.

Edited by Aeran

I read the book years ago and this story actually made me feel sick to the stomach.

These are supposed to be 'high level cultivators', whatever that means.

How people do such things is beyond me.

We don't even know if that story is true. It could have been included in the book for 'entertainment' purposes.

Sick, twisted and racist.