Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo

amanita muscaria and taoist practice

I was wondering if any one knew about the effects of amanita muscaria if one practice tai chi and/ or Taoist practices. I know that most drugs are yin base so unless you are practicing magick you cannot take it, but amanita muscaria seems different because it seems to access the subtle energies. I want to know if anyone has taken amanita muscaria and knows if you lose your chi from it?

If you practice Tai Chi or Taoist practice is suffice for your health. Why do you think that you need to take amanita muscaria or some other supplements?

Edited by ChiDragon

Just as shamans take certain substances, so did the ancient sages of china. Of coarse you do not need to do it. My understanding different teacher on psychedelics is that they produce a lot of yin energy, which then interferes with your practice. Though amanita are a psychedelics, it is not like any other. The reason i wish to try it is because I simply wish to try it, not by recreational means, but to see what it can do. Certainly there is something within this mushroom that the Tibetans, Chinese, Agnostics, and others knew about. The feeling of your own energy and life force seems to bring about a curiosity for me. I am still more interested in the idea of what the fuel is to this fire, if it is more yang than the yin side.

Drugs usually flare up the mingmen fire, shortening lifespan and diminishing health. A clear normal mind is best.

From what I recall, amanita muscaria is pretty toxic and requires working with someone who knows what they're doing. Plus, I've heard that the effects aren't so great or interesting from people who have tried it. So you might end up disappointed and weakened.

Another thing...if you do some Taoist practices, it will make you super-sensitive to plants. DMT is produced naturally in the brain of people who practice. Depends on what you do.

• Like 2

The Rg Veda is a huge homage to Soma, the Amanita Muscaria.

The proto-taoist traditions migrating through the land of birch and pine are a seminal point in the evolution of shamanism on this planet. The mushroom has no peer.

I would not necessarily limit my interest in psychotropics to a single species— or even mushrooms. Psilocybin, Peyote and Ayahuasca ought to be considered if appropriate for your psychological state.

DMT is produced naturally in the brain of people who practice.

Yay!!❤

ed note: add turtle's quote

Edited by deci belle

Yes the brain is a chemical warehouse, it is a drug store basically.

The natural way is the best.

• Like 2

Amanita is called an entheogen, which means you see god (I use the term 'god' lightly here).

I'm interested in trying Amanita, but not interested enough to actually try it. If you drink the urine of someone who has ingested it then their body will remove the toxins and you just get the high. Tha tis why Jesus said something like. "If you drink their water it does nothing, but if you drink my water you will enter the kingdom of heaven". Bibliophiles please correct me on this. So you see, Jesus was a big stoner himself.

Red Amanita is the least toxic, with the orange ones being more toxic, and the yellow ones are just plain deadly.

Apparently the drug of choice of the ancient sages was the miracle youth drug, marijuana, and I should know because I'm an ancient sage myself. One of the first writings known to history was written about 7000 years ago by a Chinese shaman and is titled Ode to the Green Bud.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

Apparently the drug of choice of the ancient sages was the miracle youth drug, marijuana

A spiritual herb to be treated and used sparingly with great respect.

Taoistic Idiot

• Like 1

That soma isn't a mushroom is an old ax to grind when they still had axgrinders. This is a distinction of pedants, turtle.

The point is its exalted position in the great Sanskrit tradition.

If you are familiar with the classic document I am referring to, the tone is one of opulent songs of adulation.

The thread is about the drug. That's soma by any other name, if its about the reality, not the name contested by endless permutations of "milkweed" by clueless academics since before even last century, non?

I would not start with amanita, even as it is a common variety in the lands of birch and pine.

Psilocybin and/or the cactus Don Juan respectfully referred to as Mescalito, would be my first forays into psychotropics, if Ricardo is ready in terms of a healthy psychology and a mood of sobriety and wonder.

Drugs usually flare up the mingmen fire, shortening lifespan and diminishing health. A clear normal mind is best.

Some "drugs" will intoxicate and delude the mind, whereas other "drugs" i.e. psychedelics have the ability to purify and cleanse the mind. One certainly shouldn't rely on psychedelics for the duration of the path, but for myself psychedelics proved to be a wonderful stepping stone to cultivation. I am grateful for them.

Edited by BrianTheLion

Soma wasn't a mushroom.

Soma is said to be a concoction of many different psychotropics. The true recipe of the soma brew is unknown. Perhaps one's soma is different from another's.

Yes the brain is a chemical warehouse, it is a drug store basically.

The natural way is the best.

This.

But the True Guru can synthesise any drug in his brain.

So I've heard.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Sign in to follow this