Wells

proposal: Nei Kung subforum?

Dear mods, :)

due to the recent necro-posting of Mo Pai threads I would like to propose to make a Nei Kung subforum and to move all the scattered Mo Pai themed threads into it to contain them in one controlled space.

All Mo Pai threads would be at one place and better to find for all the members who are interested in that stuff.

New threads about similar Nei Kung systems could also be settled directly in that forum too.

For someone interested in Nei Kung systems, it would make research much easier.

And the General discussion / Taoist discussion areas wouldn't become unclear because of cycled flooding with resurrected Mo Pai threads.

kind regards,

Dorian Black

• Like 3

They should just rename the pit: "The Pit and Nei Kung Discussion."

LOL! That leads to another point: Less work for the mods! :)

"Nei Kung discussion" as a subforum of the Pit then?

So the mods wouldn't have to monitor the Mo Pai threads all the time until it's time to move them into the Pit, because these are already there! ;)

• Like 1

I actually think that is a great idea for a sub forum in the pit for neikung to keep it out of the public eye here.

Most people here have a real sour grapes mentality about it and don't want it in their face all the time.

Perhaps in the pit it would be less of a distraction for... well whatever it is they do.

So the mods wouldn't have to monitor the Mo Pai threads all the time until it's time to move them into the Pit, because these are already there! ;)

• Like 2

I actually think that is a great idea for a sub forum in the pit for neikung to keep it out of the public eye here.

Most people here have a real sour grapes mentality about it and don't want it in their face all the time.

Perhaps in the pit it would be less of a distraction for... well whatever it is they do.

I think so too!

mjjbecker and others would surely embrace that idea! :)

Edited by Dorian Black

Essentially, you want it to be easier to post about MoPai. I hear you.

Honestly, is there anything new to say or report? ^_^

Foremost I personally want to find Nei Kung alternatives to Mo Pai for Westerners.

But concentrating all threads about Mo Pai and Nei Kung into one space would make all the information about it which is hidden and scattered at the moment in the depths of general & taoist discussion much better available for those who are interested in the subject.

So the possibility of analyzing the informations and synthesizing solutions would be much easier.

Also, the likeliness of people stumbling into Mo Pai threads all the time and derailing those by stating that they don't like Mo Pai / Nei Kung or the discussion about it would be reduced if we had a "backroom" for it.

There are so many threads written about it in the last years and many people are still very interested so I think the proposal makes sense.

• Like 1

Having read some of the MoPai threads around here I don't see what they have to do with NeiKung at all. Sure perhaps the system has some in it, but what people post, not so much.

Also, do we really want to make people looking for JAJ or BKF neikung stuff to have to sift through 10 page flame wars about MoPai? Seriously...

I don't want Jerry Alan Johnson posts going to the pit! :P

Or the few other authors who have written books on it.....

• Like 2

I'm in agreement...if it were a matter of actual neigung discussion, that's one thing, but these mo pai threads are just flaming teachers, students, everyone, and hardly a shred of actual discussion on neigung.

• Like 5

I'm in agreement...if it were a matter of actual neigung discussion, that's one thing, but these mo pai threads are just flaming teachers, students, everyone, and hardly a shred of actual discussion on neigung.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/31831-mo-pai-what-are-the-alternatives/?p=482563

LOL! The derailing of the thread in direction of flaming happened as usual through the participation of someone who is not interested in training Nei Kung / cannot understand the purpose of Nei Kung / is not suitable for Nei Kung!

The significance of my suggestion to create a "backroom" Nei Kung subforum is therefore proven again! :D

Then let's make a wei gong sub forum and a secret shen gong forum that no one knows about

Ha! Now you revealed it! I'm sure these already exist and nobody told me about it! :angry:

Proposal: Create a "controversial topics" subforum and sweep any mo pai threads in there, and have it set up so that it doesn't show on "view new content".

I think the main complaint from everyone else is that mo pai is in their face nonstop.

I think it would cut down on the trolls when they know the arguments they cause won't be as popular.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 7

I think the main complaint from everyone else is that mo pai is in their face nonstop.

I think it would cut down on the trolls when they know the arguments they cause won't be as popular.

That means you will cut down on posting too? You can not do this to us. :)

imo, there is enough god damn criticizing of this system. let the people who actually give a fuck about it have some air

i'm for 0 tolerance argument policy in those threads, keep it at nothing but information (which i never actually see any of)

but hey, i'm an extremist.

• Like 2

Or one of the people actually studying Mo Pai could create a website / forum of their own....and call it something like

The Mo Pai Bums. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

We could redirect any thread / post that mentions Mo Pai to that new website and "archive" our copy. :)

Result = no more endless bickering / insults and arguments about a system very few bums here, are actually interested in :excl:

• Like 2

Create a single thread in the Pit called "The Mo Pai Bucket" and then create a rule that scans every new post on the entire forum for "Mo Pai" or "MoPai" (or any other variations). Rather than posting it in the original thread, the rule should sigh loudly (this is important) and then post it to the Bucket...

;)

• Like 7

I have a solution :)

The Office = Sky

Personal Practice Discussion = Humanity

The Lobby = Earth

Taoist Discussion = Highest Heaven

(After all this is a Taoist forum) ;p

General Discussion = Heaven

Off Topic = Purgatory

The Pit = Hell

The Mo Pai Pit = Lowest Hell

This arrangement will hopefully keep the PureTruth01s, Narveens and the likes all in one place (The Mo Pai Pit) without disturbing the Taoist, General and Off Topic discussions...

;)

Edited by Formless Tao
  • Like 3

fascinating ideas and thoughts, there is presently a moratorium of implementing any new changes on ttb.

this is not necessarily related to the current govt shutdown

• Like 4

fascinating ideas and thoughts, there is presently a moratorium of implementing any new changes on ttb.

this is not necessarily related to the current govt shutdown

I say just sweep them into the pit and be done with it. There is no hope of any mo pai discussion being civilized around here.

• Like 1