Wells

proposal: Nei Kung subforum?

I say just sweep them into the pit and be done with it. There is no hope of any mo pai discussion being civilized around here.

We would need more rigorous rules to forbid all posts which are off topic / trolling / spam / derailing.

• Like 1

I don't like cluttering up the board with too many stickies and sub forums. It gives less screen space for Thread tittles and once things go page 2, they're more likely forgotten.

Here's a crazy idea. The Confucius subforum is under used. Throw it there. Hopefully the flamers won't notice and the virtue of Confucius will leak in, making it a more polite focused space.

• Like 3

We would need more rigorous rules to forbid all posts which are off topic / trolling / spam / derailing.

It's just not possible in regards to mo pai, it would have to be a private forum where it could be heavily moderated to prevent the ***hats from destroying any hope of actual discussion about it.

Other than stopping all mo pai discussion on the board altogether I am not sure there is much choice.

To be honest if someone comes up and says Mo Pai uses microcosmic orbits, can be done ungrounded and does not utilize a deep state of trance, I am going to tell them they are absolutely wrong and don't know what they are talking about.

They aren't going to like that and a flame war will start.

There just isn't any way around it, short of having a private community where the ***hats can get booted.

• Like 3

It's just not possible in regards to mo pai, it would have to be a private forum where it could be heavily moderated to prevent the ***hats from destroying any hope of actual discussion about it.

Other than stopping all mo pai discussion on the board altogether I am not sure there is much choice.

To be honest if someone comes up and says Mo Pai uses microcosmic orbits, can be done ungrounded and does not utilize a deep state of trance, I am going to tell them they are absolutely wrong and don't know what they are talking about.

They aren't going to like that and a flame war will start.

There just isn't any way around it, short of having a private community where the ***hats can get booted.

Hmmmmmm......

HEUREKA!

I-got-an-idea----idea-animated-animation

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

there is mopai.forummotion.com for the discussion of the other system which is just like mo pai but better but not mo pai, but don't mention that because it's just as good as mo pai, and stuff.

lol

To be honest with you Dorian there just aren't enough people who actually care. I could count the people who do care on the back of my hand and one of them just passed away.

This is our world now:

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

I have a plan, but we'll need to gather some stuff...

• Like 1

To be honest with you Dorian there just aren't enough people who actually care. I could count the people who do care on the back of my hand and one of them just past away.

The situation is a shame. :(

This is our world now

:wacko:

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

yeah i am liking this "start a private forum" thing

the method of moderation that these threads require to thrive seems outside of the scope of how things are done here, so a private board is really the only answer

make your own, or maybe take it to taouncut

tin yat pai anyone?

• Like 1

I gave out a crazy idea earlier(and got 3 likes!). Here's an illegal and immoral one (not fattening though). Create an identity 'A Mo Pai Guy', then create Personal Discussion page. It'd be the first one in the PPD and the creator would have full editing control.

box, what box? I'm already outside.

FWIW...

Give MPG and Dorian their sub-forum to discuss Neigong as they, and some others, want to discuss it. Let MPG moderate it. Move any and all new 'Mo Pai' threads to this forum. I also agree with MPG to make it visible only to those who are logged-on, and not to random internet searches. The existing moderator staff would have no more work to do on the matter, other than move any errant threads to their 'proper' place.

I suggest that ALL the old threads are locked (no need to search them out, just wait for any corpse to rise to the surface and do it then). Leave them where they are-there is no need to move them, and anyone wanting to find that information can use the search function. Anyone wanting to discuss old material could open a new thread on the new forum. Spurious threads could be locked.

Or, 'thelearner's suggestion of using a personal practice forum, with MPG owning it, and any new related threads being moved there could also be done. It would not require the creation of a new forum or sub-forum as such.

The only other alternative, if as many people are sick of the subject as is being claimed, is to ban the subject from discussion at all on the forum.

• Like 2

Well as I understand it they don't want to create a neigong subforum because then they have to give one to every art and there are tons of arts and this will create a lot of complexity they don't want.

I am ok with the pit, it works fine. Perhaps change it so the pit discussions don't show on "view new content" if that's possible, and just sweep all the mo pai discussions into the pit.

I've given up having any type of civilized discussion on mo pai, it isn't possible, it will never be possible, at least not in an open forum, and in a closed forum, the number of people who actually care and discuss things is very very few, so it makes no sense really to have one in my opinion.

I am also ok with every mo pai thread being locked and tossed in there asap.

Having an actual discussion about it won't ever be possible, at least not here in the open.

FWIW...

Give MPG and Dorian their sub-forum to discuss Neigong as they, and some others, want to discuss it. Let MPG moderate it. Move any and all new 'Mo Pai' threads to this forum. I also agree with MPG to make it visible only to those who are logged-on, and not to random internet searches. The existing moderator staff would have no more work to do on the matter, other than move any errant threads to their 'proper' place.

I suggest that ALL the old threads are locked (no need to search them out, just wait for any corpse to rise to the surface and do it then). Leave them where they are-there is no need to move them, and anyone wanting to find that information can use the search function. Anyone wanting to discuss old material could open a new thread on the new forum. Spurious threads could be locked.

Or, 'thelearner's suggestion of using a personal practice forum, with MPG owning it, and any new related threads being moved there could also be done. It would not require the creation of a new forum or sub-forum as such.

The only other alternative, if as many people are sick of the subject as is being claimed, is to ban the subject from discussion at all on the forum.

• Like 4

"Having an actual discussion about it won't ever be possible, at least not here in the open."

interesting perspective and perhaps highly accurate.

so why go forward with a sub-forum, if this is the case?

in any event no changes will be taking place as of now, the idea i had(whatever it was?? things can fade quickly here on ttb!)

is also on hold and will be not considered at this time

I'd welcome a subforum but if they put me in charge of moderation of it, 99% of the community would be banned from it the second they started their nonsense. So I don't think I'd make a good mod.

There are just a handful of people who actually care, and they would be better served keeping in touch via email or facebook.

I think really just sweeping mo pai discussion into the pit as soon as it starts, and making the pit not show up on "view new content" will work just as well.

Most people here are not interested in mo pai, and having it in their face nonstop only leads to more bickering and argument.

It isn't ever going to improve in an open forum, and the number of people who are serious about discussing it can be counted on one hand.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

I'd welcome a subforum but if they put me in charge of moderation of it, 99% of the community would be banned from it the second they started their nonsense. So I don't think I'd make a good mod.

There are just a handful of people who actually care, and they would be better served keeping in touch via email or facebook.

I think really just sweeping mo pai discussion into the pit as soon as it starts, and making the pit not show up on "view new content" will work just as well.

Most people here are not interested in mo pai, and having it in their face nonstop only leads to more bickering and argument.

It isn't ever going to improve in an open forum, and the number of people who are serious about discussing it can be counted on one hand.

I could not agree more!

• Like 1

You should start one up in the PPD. Plus cut and paste, with permission, the best of comments during the years it's been discussed. Make a best o Mo pai, like I've done a best of Tao bums. You'd control it, but being in the PPD it'd have fewer 'eyes'.

• Like 3