mantis

if reincarnation is real do certain races require more

You serious? I thought we're just tribal savages that did nothing for 100,000 years straight. Elaborate please?

Is doing 'nothing' the same as living in harmony with the earth, sustainably, and not driving the planet towards the brink of destruction?

Is a great love of life and communion with nature in all her splendour 'just' savage tribalism?

• Like 2

it's interesting to note the authoritative tone so prevalent here...

Hehehe. I always speak with an authoritative tone. But afterall, unless I am quoting someone, all I am presenting are my opinions and understandings.

I believe this is true. There was a study that showed, not too long ago, that certain races have certain genes that affect their behavior, and many other factors, that differ between the races.

For myself, this flesh suit is of a race that is known for its stereotype being massive alcoholism. And I have always found strong pulls towards drinking, father was an alcoholic, and I have lost tons of uncles to alcoholism.

Certain races have an advantage in certain areas. Being French or Italian gives you an advantage in opening a restaurant that people will assume is good, or give access to mafia, power, money, etc.

Being black can give you advantages such as Gov grants or laons for minority business, ot a leg up in the urban music industry.

I remember reading an account of a Near Death Experience about there being a 100+ year wait for souls wanting to be born rich.

The whole spiel of: There is no you, there is no pre-existence, there is nothing after death, etc etc...I don't buy it. Seems to be a neo-advaita trend that focuses mostly on the center of head-based Awareness. Sure that type of thinking comes in handy when one is working on Enlightenment........I personally remember pre-existing, so I don't buy the second reply

• Like 1

I believe this is true. There was a study that showed, not too long ago, that certain races have certain genes that affect their behavior, and many other factors, that differ between the races.

For myself, this flesh suit is of a race that is known for its stereotype being massive alcoholism. And I have always found strong pulls towards drinking, father was an alcoholic, and I have lost tons of uncles to alcoholism.

Thats all very misleading. In the future this sort of information will be useless.

There is no such thing as race. Any belief in race is a form of racism and an extreme case of self and other. The genes the studies refer to do not belong to a race. Before globalization which started 500 years ago peoples had a tendency to be more geographicly bound to their region of orgin, and because of cultural imprints, certain genes even undesirable ones might prevail in one culture/ethnicity but not in another, but this has absolutely nothing to o with race or ethnicity.

Ethnicityis just a psychological state, and a social designation. An ethnicity is ANY social group, even a religion is fits the definition of an ethnic group, so dont be misled by the term as to mean race.

But if an ethnic group is isolated enough, and certain cultural practices or likes and dislikes cause a gene to stay afloat in that group then it appears that that group is defined by those features.

Any gene can be passed around and assimilated by any social group. The gene that causes some cultureal/ethnic groups to not metabolize ethanol, is not a defining feature of a certain species of human, it only HAPPENS to be promminent in that group at the MOMENT in the great sceme of things. The more cultural barriers fall, the more the "isolated" gene can move around, and any person is just as likely to assimilate it as the next.

If someone from group A carrys a unique gene that is promminent in their group has a baby with someone from group B where the gene is rare to non-existence, and the person from group B takes the baby back to group B, the gene has been succsesfully tranfered from group A to to group B.

If the gene is benificial for survival, or if for some reason the gene produced a trait that the group members found attractive, then over the course of generations, that gene would become more and more promminent in group B.

Over the past couple hundred thousand of years, this has happened countless times with out direct observation, so when you look around at the current moment, here at the relative begining of the mass of biological trait transfer(globalization), you see races with defining features because you dont see the genes moving through time and acroos space.

Race is also social construct that is different from country to country. Black and white, as we call two races in America are pretty much nonexisting races in places like brasil where they actuall have over 400 racial possabilities. In brasil, you can even change races in a life time. I have 4 kids from the same mom, the oldest is not mybilogical offspring. Within my 4 kids there are four races according to brasillian definitions, because each one of them can be classified into another group based on their physacl charecteristics, and I myself am one of those people who change race depending on geographic and environmental conditions. All my kids have the same mother, who in this country is in the same racial category as me; white. In Brasil, me and my kids moms are not considered to be the same race.

In brasil, race is not designated by a line of decent or lineage. Im not black or white according to my parents or backround, but I am categorized racially by the genes I am expressing. So If I am fairskinned and dark haired Im classified as such and such, however, if I move down to the coast and my hair turns blonde or red, and my skin turns dark brown, Im another race. If My hair does not turn color, and my fair skin does not turn brown, but burns and freckles, then I am considered another race.

In parts of Africa, when a "black" American or European shows up the Africans will designate their race with a word(I forget what the word is, and it varies from country to country) that translates to "White forigner". They do not identify with "African Americans" as the same race as them just because of the skin tone, they think of "African Americans" as "white" people because that is what they, as a race of people are like to the Africans.

There is no defining line, and virtually ALL traits thought of as unique to a race, are only isolated by coincidence or cultural fancy, and only for the relative moment.

I like the Brasilian way. If you have a "white" parent and a "black" parent, you are not half black and half white, you are something altogeather different and it is not automaticly milado. Milado is one of the 400 races, and does not mean half black and half white to Brasilians. If you end up with blue eyes and freckles with thick hair and a high melonin level, then you'll be one thing, if your biological sibling expresses other traits like thin hair brown eyes, a high melonin level and no freckles, they will be another race.

But race, as a classification designated by lineage or back round that defines your sub-species does not exist, and it is far more accurate to classify yourself based on purely superficial characteristics.

Edited by ion
  • Like 5

Thats all very misleading. In the future this sort of information will be useless.

There is no such thing as race. Any belief in race is a form of racism and an extreme case of self and other. The genes the studies refer to do not belong to a race. Before globalization which started 500 years ago peoples had a tendency to be more geographicly bound to their region of orgin, and because of cultural imprints, certain genes even undesirable ones might prevail in one culture/ethnicity but not in another, but this has absolutely nothing to o with race or ethnicity.

Ethnicityis just a psychological state, and a social designation. An ethnicity is ANY social group, even a religion is fits the definition of an ethnic group, so dont be misled by the term as to mean race.

But if an ethnic group is isolated enough, and certain cultural practices or likes and dislikes cause a gene to stay afloat in that group then it appears that that group is defined by those features.

Any gene can be passed around and assimilated by any social group. The gene that causes some cultureal/ethnic groups to not metabolize ethanol, is not a defining feature of a certain species of human, it only HAPPENS to be promminent in that group at the MOMENT in the great sceme of things. The more cultural barriers fall, the more the "isolated" gene can move around, and any person is just as likely to assimilate it as the next.

If someone from group A carrys a unique gene that is promminent in their group has a baby with someone from group B where the gene is rare to non-existence, and the person from group B takes the baby back to group B, the gene has been succsesfully tranfered from group A to to group B.

If the gene is benificial for survival, or if for some reason the gene produced a trait that the group members found attractive, then over the course of generations, that gene would become more and more promminent in group B.

Over the past couple hundred thousand of years, this has happened countless times with out direct observation, so when you look around at the current moment, here at the relative begining of the mass of biological trait transfer(globalization), you see races with defining features because you dont see the genes moving through time and acroos space.

Race is also social construct that is different from country to country. Black and white, as we call two races in America are pretty much nonexisting races in places like brasil where they actuall have over 400 racial possabilities. In brasil, you can even change races in a life time. I have 4 kids from the same mom, the oldest is not mybilogical offspring. Within my 4 kids there are four races according to brasillian definitions, because each one of them can be classified into another group based on their physacl charecteristics, and I myself am one of those people who change race depending on geographic and environmental conditions. All my kids have the same mother, who in this country is in the same racial category as me; white. In Brasil, me and my kids moms are not considered to be the same race.

In brasil, race is not designated by a line of decent or lineage. Im not black or white according to my parents or backround, but I am categorized racially by the genes I am expressing. So If I am fairskinned and dark haired Im classified as such and such, however, if I move down to the coast and my hair turns blonde or red, and my skin turns dark brown, Im another race. If My hair does not turn color, and my fair skin does not turn brown, but burns and freckles, then I am considered another race.

In parts of Africa, when a "black" American or European shows up the Africans will designate their race with a word(I forget what the word is, and it varies from country to country) that translates to "White forigner". They do not identify with "African Americans" as the same race as them just because of the skin tone, they think of "African Americans" as "white" people because that is what they, as a race of people are like to the Africans.

There is no defining line, and virtually ALL traits thought of as unique to a race, are only isolated by coincidence or cultural fancy, and only for the relative moment.

I like the Brasilian way. If you have a "white" parent and a "black" parent, you are not half black and half white, you are something altogeather different and it is not automaticly milado. Milado is one of the 400 races, and does not mean half black and half white to Brasilians. If you end up with blue eyes and freckles with thick hair and a high melonin level, then you'll be one thing, if your biological sibling expresses other traits like thin hair brown eyes, a high melonin level and no freckles, they will be another race.

But race, as a classification designated by lineage or back round that defines your sub-species does not exist, and it is far more accurate to classify yourself based on purely superficial characteristics.

This needs to be repeated. Thanks, ion.

******************************MOD IN************************

It is also the opportunity to repeat that Sean, the owner of this board, doesn't accept any racist content here. That is clearly stated in the Forum terms and rules.

Last reminder.

*****************************MOD OUT*********************

i've felt for some time now that from a reincarnation standpoint some races require a higher lottery ticket, if you will, than others. this can quickly fall into some kind of strange strain of racism but the basic idea is that some races require a higher karmic level of sorts to reincarnate into than others.

is this at all possible or feasible according to people who know more than i?

hmm...

Family and local culture is more important than race. Which womb. What cultural resources are available. Timing as to when / where high level teachers will be available. It's a pretty high skill level to be able to choose. (MG has talked about this topic occasionally.) For most of us we are carried along by our own momentums. Practicing consistently is important: produces karmas that bring you back to practice. Also blending your mindstream deeply with heavenly lineage is *really* important .. has deeply beneficial results in life and in between lives.

• Like 1

It is asked why, if we are born as humans many times before, and have met spiritual masters, we did not previously achieve Enlightenment. The reason is that we fell into conditions of error such as attachment to this life, attachment to samsaric pleasures and laziness, attachment to our own liberation, and not understanding the method for achieving Buddhahood. To dispel such errors, there are four antidotes: the contemplation of impermanence, understanding the suffering in samsara and the truth of karma and result, the practice of loving kindness and compassion, and the cultivation of the Enlightenment mind.

Obtaining a life of leisure and endowments is like arriving at a continent of jewels.

Whether we attain liberation or not is up to us.

Be sure, therefore, not to leave empty-handed.

This is my heart's advice.

(from Jewel Treasury of Advice, Gampopa)

I won a race once with my 1971 Dodge Demon. (Actually, a number of races but that was when I was much younger. I don't race anymore.)

• Like 2

i've felt for some time now that from a reincarnation standpoint some races require a higher lottery ticket, if you will, than others. this can quickly fall into some kind of strange strain of racism but the basic idea is that some races require a higher karmic level of sorts to reincarnate into than others.

is this at all possible or feasible according to people who know more than i?

hmm...

no! reincarnation is soley based on an individual basis. what you learn and master determines what you experience next. race has nothing to do with it. there are ig-nor-ant ppl of all races that will have to repeat this life or another one similar to it again because they didn't learn what was needed in this one. also race is a human construct, created aby the ig-nor-ant to explain what they couldn't/can't understand. there is only one race the human race. sub categories are a construct of the ig-nor-ant!!

• Like 1

The race thing is interesting. This question assumes that being born in a socially "inferior" "race" is a bad thing. All things being vibrational and consisting of both good and bad, being born 'Black' in America may turn out to be a boon for spiritual growth. This is due to learning early in life the fragility of the human condition and human suffering and seeking a way out. And it is about timing. All members of our species were Black Africans for 140,000/ 200,000 years of our existence. Lighter skinned individuals began to appear as we spread out of Africa 60,000 years ago. The enlightened masters that were sure to exists prior to the Buddha were Black Africans. Our differences are never and have never been the problem. The issue has always been that one monster we all share- a mind that seeks to categorize and classify things/people as 'good' or 'bad'.

• Like 2

Honestly, I was convinced we weren't humans like the rest of you guys.

I'm 100% serious

Edited by bubbles
link to racist material removed
  • Like 1

no! reincarnation is soley based on an individual basis. what you learn and master determines what you experience next. race has nothing to do with it. there are ig-nor-ant ppl of all races that will have to repeat this life or another one similar to it again because they didn't learn what was needed in this one. also race is a human construct, created aby the ig-nor-ant to explain what they couldn't/can't understand. there is only one race the human race. sub categories are a construct of the ig-nor-ant!!

lol

Honestly, I was convinced we weren't humans like the rest of you guys.

I'm 100% serious

Hehehe.

I can't even begin to know how you feel sometimes. It's sad that life is that way some times.

A friend of mine stopped in yesterday for a little conversation. He is about as black as black can get. Originally from the Virgin Islands. He said that he never experienced the polarization, segregation, descrimination he has seen when he was living in the Virgin Islands.

Sadly, all this stuff about racism is a cultural thing. There is no sound evidence to support racism.

Attachments to culture is hard to let go of because it is such a useful crutch. Helps us get through our life. It is just like balck Americans calling themselves "African-Americans". It is a crutch. 99.9~% of them are not African-Americans. They are Americans. The "African" part is a crutch and it get a lot of them money from the government.

But we, humans, polarize and this creates segregation which leads to descrimination. We will never learn, I think.

Edited by bubbles
link to racist material removed from quote

Although it is difficult to talk about without sounding racist there are differences in race, it might be true that black Africans have more kidney energy for example. Europeans may have more jing than Asians. The highest number of teachings and enlightened beings come from India.

Hmm, so which races may have more qi & shen, then?

And what if jing was not necessarily more, but just being burned up faster, resulting in faster aging and shorter lifespans, for some?

This topic seems to be an emotionally-charged sore spot for many here, inducing a lot of tiptoeing, cognitive dissonance, self-contradictions, polarized fundamentalism, double-standards, hypocrisy, repression, suppression and anger.. :D

Anyhow, according to Destiny Of Souls, different age/level souls will often choose different "age appropriate" bodies and lives suitable for their level and goals. So, "younger, n00by" souls will often select hot bods and simplistic, hedonistic lifetimes. Whereas, "older, more advanced" souls might choose more complex & challenging lives. So, I don't think "better lives" are rewards for "better karma" per se. Instead, we are more role-playing through different avatars here to gain different experiences. The "best" life is then rather the one most convincing and suitable for you to experience what you need to - of whose lessons you then accordingly learned and mastered.

The Michael teachings describe a sequence of five cycles or stages of soul evolution. They are named after the stages of human development:

Stage 1: The INFANT Soul

Stage 2: The BABY Soul [also known as CHILD Soul

Stage 3: The YOUNG Soul

Stage 4: The MATURE Soul

Stage 5: The OLD Soul

35-steps.png?resize=299%2C230

soul-age-colours-3-500.jpg?resize=500%2C

soul-age-focus-2-450.png?resize=450%2C25

soul-age-curve-490.jpg?resize=490%2C212

One way to gauge YOUR own "soul level" is to get an aura photo. You may notice that most people do in fact have orange-yellow auras - in line with the bell curve shown above.

Edited by vortex
  • Like 2

It's a purely theoretical question because in the end you will have to do with what race you have now. There really isn't a better or worse race, it's more about individuals.

• Like 1

idk if i buy into the idea of spiritual development being linear, as depicted in the soul/aura chart and many systems teachings

although i do see most peoples' auras as yellow. i have never been able to see my own

Edited by Flolfolil

I believe all healthy humans have the same capacity to realize their own Divinity, independent of race, given equal karma levels.

Yogananda said that if he had the opportunity to train the most deviant, deluded, criminal mind on this planet, then he could make a saint out of him in a year, or something like that. Nothing to do with race, but just a general indication of what intensive internal alchemy can achieve.

I think one of Wang Liping's students stated that women advance faster than men in the beginning stages of development, but that the tables are turned and men develop faster in the more advance stages. That is just a statistical observation.

Robert Bruce's wife, Aunt Claire, said that the men in her mystic circles almost always outclass the women, which is the same observation made by Wang Liping's student in the more advance stages of development.

Statistically speaking, there seem to be more Indian and Asian adepts, today and in history, but that has nothing to do with race and everything with culture, religion, politics. I can currently name only two African adepts, the ascended master Afra and Jim Nancy of SFQ, but maybe I'm poorly informed.

... but that has nothing to do with race and everything with culture, religion, politics.

I firmly believe this to be true.

We may bring only a certain percentage into a certain lifetime, and leave a percentage elsewhere to rest , meditate, integrate and learn elsewhere.

So we may be a partial manifestation of something larger or deeper.

We may even incarnate in different body at the same time.

• Like 2