mantis

if reincarnation is real do certain races require more

If there is reincarnation (which I believe it does) one should be born as a Jew, Arab, Chinese, Japanese, Scottish, American, Spanish, etc. Then, any kind of racism is meaningless as we have lived members of all nations, religions, etc.

The problem is that the past life history must emerge. This, frankly, is very hard to do. From my experience, you must first distinguish or absolve your current life karma. Then, your past life Karma will emerge. Unfortunately, your normal, uncultivated, and lack of spiritual inclination population can not even escape their current life karma until much later in their lives....if ever. :) Of course, you may not just have memories of one past life but multiple.

The problem is that the past life history must emerge. This, frankly, is very hard to do. From my experience, you must first distinguish or absolve your current life karma. Then, your past life Karma will emerge. Unfortunately, your normal, uncultivated, and lack of spiritual inclination population can not even escape their current life karma until much later in their lives....if ever. :) Of course, you may not just have memories of one past life but multiple.

Since mankind is present on earth for thousands of years, we possibly had many reincarnations. In my opinion, the effects of past lives are not equally distributed on our present life, you are much more effected by some of past lives compared to other past lives. However, as you mentioned, it is difficult to know.

I also agree your description of normal population as uncultivated, lacking spiritual inclination and inclined towards worldly matters.

Your comparison of automobile varieties is definitely racists. Yes all PEOPLE are different, just like some of us are more observent and mindful then others.

I'm not racist, I'm just saying there are HUGE differences in people and they are different, yet all are still human, have souls, bleed red blood. Just like both a Toyota and Ferrari both need oil and gas to run

I disagree idea that genes alter our psychological make up, probably less then our gender. They do only through ways of identification when the psyche is forming, but the psyche forms and is not a product of race, but of culture.

If you study Einstein, he had clear cute mutations that resulted in certain parts of his brain being various percentages bigger then average, giving him an intellectual/logical advantage over others in Academia.

Same goes for Athletes, of any color, who are bigger/stronger/faster than average.

Ultimately, using the Einstein example, I would argue that genes alter our psychological makeup. They certainly did for Einstein.

Another example is horoscopes. I was born under the Scorpio sign (considered the most sexual) and have also had to deal with an over abundance of Testosterone and Lust, more that any of my male friends, to the point that it became a problem of over indulgence. Later in life, when I looked in to the Characteristics of Scorpio, I match about 99% to a T, all the characteristic implied to scorpios.

Why is that? The body is made up of a large % of water, which gets influenced by gravity, sun, humidity, pressure, altitude, vibrations, etc. So just like a fine wine will vary according to year, soil, rain amount, humidity, air pressure, gravity, etc....so too it is with the horoscope and what month/day/year the body is born on.

Interview most people and ask them their sign. You will find a large correlation between the signs characteristics, and those inherent in the person.

Look at president Obama. This might piss some people off but as far as Im concerned, Obama is whiter then me, and all though I am classified as "white", because of the reality of it being that "white" is only an ethnicity and not a race, I therefore do not have to identify with that enthnicity and therefore am not white.

"As far as you're concerned." That relative opinion/speculation. Another example, all the scorpios I know, are so much like me in respect to Chracteristics, it's truly mind blowing. There is so much more at play here like subconscious archetypes that may be linked to specific gene mutations, culture, ethnicity, ancestors, etc. It's not all so cut and dry as saying "There is only the human race."

Like I said, I agree we are all inherently operating human bodies. But there are still ferraris, toyotas, mazdas, fords, etc

Unlike a ferrari or a toyata, you can take a baby human, a growing and developing thing that is receptive and not an objectivly formed entity, from a suburban white family in Ohio at birth and place him in the care of a tribe in the amazon basin to be raised by an indigenous tribal group isolated from western civilization, and beaver cleaver will not be the result.

I agree with that, but later on you say:

His dad looked for him for years and eventually found him. The boy only remembered his das image from dreams he had growing up. When he saw him he thought his name was Da'de' but did not associate with a title of fatherhood.

His roots are there in his psyche, emerging as various dreams.

Just like for me, in cultivation of detachment, emptiness, letting go......no matter what culture I would be raised in, there would always remain the traits of scorpio. I have met scorpios from Ghana, Australia, Souh America and so on and have found that the over-sexuality, detective type observational skills, being quiet and untrustful of others, and many other aspects are very prevalent cross-culturally.

So if there is soooo much influence based on the horoscope, how much more is there from cuture, parents, peers, and (yes I said it) various genes

So scorpio is an ethnicity or a race? Do you share many psychological traits with scorpios who've grown up in the amazon basin?

No, and no. Your natal chart does not define your psyche, but maybe influences your tendendencies within your ulture and its environment.

A scorpio from the Amazon who has not had much contact with western society, and a scorpio from Salt Lake City could, not even be seen by the same psychologist, because psychology is based on a wester psyche.

How would a childs relationship with their parent/father affect their psyche if they grew up in a matriarchal culture that placed no emphesis on the role of father, they donteven have a word for it?

It is things like this that effect and influence the psyche and its form and is why western psychologist can only work on western people, they no nothing about the psyches of people in drasticly different cultures.

Your personal astrological chart influences your tendencies. A male with a sun sign in cancer might be a very good father in the west. He might also be very possesive of his wife and children, and very family oriented. In a matriarchal sosciety, that same person would be a good uncle but would never develop that sense of family that we do, but might feel that way about his whole tribe. If that cancer was in the west he might be so family oriented that he became possesive of his wife, have old family values, but in a completely different non matriarchal tribal setting, he would more then likely be less possesive in a society that shared their wives with house guest. In a society where families are shaped a certain way and certain rules are in place, certain psyches will develop insecurities, become possesive and get angry when their wife "cheats" on them. They will gather up all their friends to throw rocks at her and call her a whore. Othe societies share their wives with house guests, and do not even have a word for adultry.

It is these cultural ways that define our psychological make up and world view, and language.

In my natal chart I have so much Pluto influence that I am basicly an honorary scorpio without any Scorpio except on the north node of the moon. The pluto being promminent gives me alot of scorpio influence in prominent places.

Einstein or anyones brain is also going to influence them for sure, but it is the parameters of language/cultural definitions, cultural ideals ways and worldview along with the immediate environment which will also likely be culturaly landscaped that make up your psychological state.

Genes, and zodiac influence your tendencies within the culture, but it is the way of the culture that you will absorb and its image of wholeness that will be the balance of a psyche.

Ferarris and toyatas are very different, they cant switch parts and one can never be like th other. Like you said what they have in common is that they both need gas and oil to run. Sort of like the similarities between me and an animal that is not necessarily a human

I'm not racist, I'm just saying there are HUGE differences in people and they are different, yet all are still human, have souls, bleed red blood. Just like both a Toyota and Ferrari both need oil and gas to run

There is such a tiny difference that again, you are closer related to any random person on the planet then two chimpanzee brothers from the same parents are to eachother. The differnce between all humans is less then 0.1 percent. Unrelated humans are closer related then almost every complex creatures direct familys are.

We can switch parts, we can share blood. Oh but we cant share just anyones blood. It has to be the right blood type so the person needs to have the same blood type of you. Oddly enough, blood type is not at all confined to various races...or maybe not so odd given that race is a concept/construct.

We can share parts, ferarris and toyatas cant.

His roots are there in his psyche, emerging as various dreams.

Disappearing. He wasnt taken at 6 months old, he was taken at 6 years old and found while still a teenager and only remembered his family/dad from his dream and did not remember his mother or language. All forgotten in about 11 years.

My point was actually that if this person was taken at infancy, hed have zero connection to his bio-parents, and he certainly would not be innoculating the Amazon people with American ideologies and psychological traits when he married and had off spring, just because of his "white mans blood".

Wouldn't it be neat to be able to drop a Ferarri drive train in a Toyota sedan. You could make a lot of money drag racing.

• Like 2

I should probably ad, that the Tommy, who was the center charecter of the movie Emerrald Forest, who was known by his people as Tomme', did not return to the US with his biological family. He did not become overwhelmed with a feeling of belonging and a tidal wave of supressed emotion or memories. He never really grasped who Da'de' was or his mother and he remained with the people of the Amazon who he identified with. In the movie the dad who was engineering a dam helped the cause of the forest people and blew up the dam for the love of his son. This is probably untrue but because of the make up of our psyches, we wanted to see Tommy go home with Daddy and Mommy, so our psyches found the actual reality heart breaking so Hollywood added a good heart warming ending for all our western minds to rest on.

But the truth is very different then what our psyches which control our hearts and minds, wanted to see.

Wouldn't it be neat to be able to drop a Ferarri drive train in a Toyota sedan. You could make a lot of money drag racing.

I think you can actually, but you cant switch parts of the engines.

Edited by ion

I think you can actually, but you cant switch parts of the engines.

So true. And this fits well with the topic being discussed - we cannot change what we are physically but we can change anything that has to do with our mind.

I don't believe in the concept of reincarnation so I can't even go there.

Forget black and white. How many Chinese people identify with Japanese people as the same proud race as the yellow people?

White Americans like to think that there is a yellow race, but that is our cultural construct, not theres. Id imagine, the less offendable asians probably think its kinda amusing that we call them yellow and dont at all identify with that as their race.

How many Japanese people identify with the asians that share some of the popular regional charecteristics of the chinese, but are "white" skinned, have multi colored eyes and hair (among them), I dont know the ethnicity but these areas that were once apart of the USSR, where when people first migrated from Africa it was from those areas that some went west to europe and others went east into Asia and beyond.

Geneticist and anthropologist believe it was from there that people became typicaly european, and typacal asian, yet these people still exist and both euro and asian traits can be seen in them, what are thay, are they, and do the Japanese feel a kindri spirit with these as their bretheren. No because for centuries, the Japanes have been a hyper racsist society who believed they were one race, definitely not chinese or northern eurasian.

Do the northern eurasians believe they are chinese or Japanese, or of the same "breed" ?Not likely

So true. And this fits well with the topic being discussed - we cannot change what we are physically but we can change anything that has to do with our mind.

I don't believe in the concept of reincarnation so I can't even go there.

But I can switch parts with anyone of any race, I can take blood so long as we share the same type, I can take a pancreas from anyone even a heart from anyone. Feraris and toyatas are more like cats and dogs.

So scorpio is an ethnicity or a race? Do you share many psychological traits with scorpios who've grown up in the amazon basin?

Does alcohol eventually make people drunk? Does over eating make people's stomachs hurt? Does sexual release inside a woman eventually lead to pregnancy? Are anger, Love, Hate, jealousy, greed, sadness, grieving all universal characteristics?

I do not know scorpios from Amazon, therefore cannot conclude a further theory, though I would be willing to bet $100 that once I find one, we will find many similar charachteristics. I have known a friend from Ghana who grew up in tribes there, and know another fellow who is Aboriginal tribe from Australia who is Scorpios sign, and guess what? Very VERY similar traits.

Is "Scorpio" an ethnicity or race? I don't know. Is toyota or ferrari a race?

No, and no. Your natal chart does not define your psyche, but maybe influences your tendendencies within your ulture and its environment.

Please prove that your natal chart does not influence your psyche. How the heck would you even go about that?

A scorpio from the Amazon who has not had much contact with western society, and a scorpio from Salt Lake City could, not even be seen by the same psychologist, because psychology is based on a wester psyche.

They could very much be seen by the same psychiatrist. But would require different approaches for both. They both still have psyches, ego/mind, bodies, programming, gender, needs, wants, etc.

It is things like this that effect and influence the psyche and its form and is why western psychologist can only work on western people, they no nothing about the psyches of people in drasticly different cultures.

Define "psychiatrist." There are soooooo many branches, some of which work universally with both eastern and western psyches and find universalities in common

Your personal astrological chart influences your tendencies. A male with a sun sign in cancer might be a very good father in the west. He might also be very possesive of his wife and children, and very family oriented. In a matriarchal sosciety, that same person would be a good uncle but would never develop that sense of family that we do, but might feel that way about his whole tribe. If that cancer was in the west he might be so family oriented that he became possesive of his wife, have old family values, but in a completely different non matriarchal tribal setting, he would more then likely be less possesive in a society that shared their wives with house guest. In a society where families are shaped a certain way and certain rules are in place, certain psyches will develop insecurities, become possesive and get angry when their wife "cheats" on them. They will gather up all their friends to throw rocks at her and call her a whore. Othe societies share their wives with house guests, and do not even have a word for adultry.

Nevertheless, the sun sign in cancer, will still have certain traits/elements of which will be filtered through the confines of the culture they are in. The astrological tendency is there first, prior to cultural programming

Einstein or anyones brain is also going to influence them for sure, but it is the parameters of language/cultural definitions, cultural ideals ways and worldview along with the immediate environment which will also likely be culturaly landscaped that make up your psychological state.

I agree, but put Einstein in any culture in any time of the world, and he would still end up the smartest of that tribe, inventing various forms of novel irrigation and agricultural principles, adding new found breakthroughs to the built in philosophy and group knowledge of that particular culture. He would be remembered as a great contributor wherever he would be raised because of those mutations for bigger brain parts

The differnce between all humans is less then 0.1 percent. Unrelated humans are closer related then almost every complex creatures direct familys are.

0.1% difference in what? Genes, physical, mental, psyche, spiritual? That's so relative sounding. Anyone can make up or scientifically argue various different percentages in differences of all types of aspects.

We can switch parts, we can share blood. Oh but we cant share just anyones blood. It has to be the right blood type so the person needs to have the same blood type of you. Oddly enough, blood type is not at all confined to various races...or maybe not so odd given that race is a concept/construct.

YEs they can. You can modify a toyota and drop a ferrari's engine into it. Tires, lights, components can all be modified and switched.

Disappearing. He wasnt taken at 6 months old, he was taken at 6 years old and found while still a teenager and only remembered his family/dad from his dream and did not remember his mother or language. All forgotten in about 11 years.

Who's to say he wouldn't remember his original parents/culture even if taken at 6 months old? We just don't know at this point. I know certain people of various backgrounds/cutlures/ethnicity that are strongly drawn to Japan/Zen, or to Eastern Orthodoxy and Greece, or to South American Shamans.....saying that American culture has always felt alien to them. One can say that has to do with reincarnation and the elements from the last life leaving strong impressions on the soul that influence this life.

My point was actually that if this person was taken at infancy, hed have zero connection to his bio-parents, and he certainly would not be innoculating the Amazon people with American ideologies and psychological traits when he married and had off spring, just because of his "white mans blood".

Do we know this for sure? Do you have a real life example of a 6 month old raised this way that did not have "white man tendencies?"

I was born and raised in U.S. and my parents told me since I was 2-3 I was looking around at them, friends, reality, TV, books and viewing it as alien to me. Have felt that my whole life, that US is not my culture and is alien to me........ that sure does throw a wrench into your theory that someone born and raised in a certain culture will take on their traits

But I can switch parts with anyone of any race, I can take blood so long as we share the same type, I can take a pancreas from anyone even a heart from anyone. Feraris and toyatas are more like cats and dogs.

Okay. You get one point. Hehehe.

• Like 1

Does alcohol eventually make people drunk? Does over eating make people's stomachs hurt? Does sexual release inside a woman eventually lead to pregnancy? Are anger, Love, Hate, jealousy, greed, sadness, grieving all universal characteristics?

I do not know scorpios from Amazon, therefore cannot conclude a further theory, though I would be willing to bet $100 that once I find one, we will find many similar charachteristics. I have known a friend from Ghana who grew up in tribes there, and know another fellow who is Aboriginal tribe from Australia who is Scorpios sign, and guess what? Very VERY similar traits.

Is "Scorpio" an ethnicity or race? I don't know. Is toyota or ferrari a race?

Please prove that your natal chart does not influence your psyche. How the heck would you even go about that?

They could very much be seen by the same psychiatrist. But would require different approaches for both. They both still have psyches, ego/mind, bodies, programming, gender, needs, wants, etc.

Define "psychiatrist." There are soooooo many branches, some of which work universally with both eastern and western psyches and find universalities in common

Nevertheless, the sun sign in cancer, will still have certain traits/elements of which will be filtered through the confines of the culture they are in. The astrological tendency is there first, prior to cultural programming

I agree, but put Einstein in any culture in any time of the world, and he would still end up the smartest of that tribe, inventing various forms of novel irrigation and agricultural principles, adding new found breakthroughs to the built in philosophy and group knowledge of that particular culture. He would be remembered as a great contributor wherever he would be raised because of those mutations for bigger brain parts

0.1% difference in what? Genes, physical, mental, psyche, spiritual? That's so relative sounding. Anyone can make up or scientifically argue various different percentages in differences of all types of aspects.

YEs they can. You can modify a toyota and drop a ferrari's engine into it. Tires, lights, components can all be modified and switched.

Who's to say he wouldn't remember his original parents/culture even if taken at 6 months old? We just don't know at this point. I know certain people of various backgrounds/cutlures/ethnicity that are strongly drawn to Japan/Zen, or to Eastern Orthodoxy and Greece, or to South American Shamans.....saying that American culture has always felt alien to them. One can say that has to do with reincarnation and the elements from the last life leaving strong impressions on the soul that influence this life.

Do we know this for sure? Do you have a real life example of a 6 month old raised this way that did not have "white man tendencies?"

I was born and raised in U.S. and my parents told me since I was 2-3 I was looking around at them, friends, reality, TV, books and viewing it as alien to me. Have felt that my whole life, that US is not my culture and is alien to me........ that sure does throw a wrench into your theory that someone born and raised in a certain culture will take on their traits

I think I made several valid and reputable points, while even clarifiying and pointing out that your source of scientific basis of information actually supported my arguement.

Rather then deviate from the op's intended conversation any further I will just stand by what I have already said as proof enough for anyone who cares to visualize & realize, (because it does take some actual neuroplasticity to brake away from culturaly imprinted thinking), to u nderstand.

Back to the topic sorta, to respond would just manifest more bad karma, by generating an either exact or opposite symetry to this post.