Sign in to follow this  
Cameron

Who would you like to see go for Lei Shan Dao training in China?

David did say that, but later qualified his statement saying that he was with Master Nan ten years ago. Things can change in ten years. He said the achievements that he has attained are real, but of a different order and not really comparable. I only mention it because I also asked David's opinion on Nan over a year ago.

umm..ok..I guess that works. Of course that would totally discount what Plato told me that Master Nan is basically a fully enlightened Buddha and got all these superpower attainments since he was in his 20's.

So he hasn't got enlightened until the last 10 years? Ime guessing atleast Max would disagree with that. But who knows.

Ok, bottom line you go and study with whoever your spiritually attracted to(unless they ban you from training for publishing there secret teachings on Tao Bums or something) :lol:

I don't know about all that, because it's all just speculations. Master Nan's wisdom is truely beyond human and shows great spiritual advancement. Nothing more from me on this.

As for training, I always wanted to study with David, so we will see what comes out of it. I have a drive to take workshops with him and that means I need it. His energy is very refined and that along is a good reason to go.

I don't know about all that, because it's all just speculations. Master Nan's wisdom is truely beyond human and shows great spiritual advancement. Nothing more from me on this.

As for training, I always wanted to study with David, so we will see what comes out of it. I have a drive to take workshops with him and that means I need it. His energy is very refined and that along is a good reason to go.

Fair and balanced!

SeanD has brought the tinderbox factor back to the bumz!!! :o

Regarding the enlightened status of our own Matthewqi, if I've understood him correctly, he is simply saying that he has awakened his kundalini. He calls it being K-awake. That seems like a perfectly normal claim to make and common enough too. I have no problem believing him. I hope for his sake, that it is stable, balanced and enjoyable.

Yoda

The best thing a human can do is nothing. Yet nothing cannot be done. So do what you will.

Sean

Beautifully expressed, as ever.

And I agree, kinda. But I do believe, based on my experience of the last three years, that while we can't do nothing, it is possible to do less and less.

The process is way fiddly, ime, in the sense that there are no instructions for it except negative ones. But it can happen, if you spend enough time waiting, that you get better at it. V slowly, in my case.

Thus the point of spiritual practice, if there is one, is that during the practice time you at least do less harm than during the rest of the day, and maybe, eventually, some good. A continuum, not an either/or.

It's kind of reassuring, after a while, to know that everything you're doing is wrong. Takes the pressure off.

In Western terms the common man who says 'I am God' is considered a kook and either sent off to an insane asylum or stayed away from. In Eastern terms (say from India) he is considered on track, with a deep correct understanding. (He must be alert cause the Car God is big fast & doesn't always look where its going).

I have no problem, matter of fact admiration, for the person who displays deep calm and peace, saying they am enlightened. It may not be your idea of enlightenment and it maybe just arguing semantics. But its certainly light-ening from the heavy state most of us are in. A caveat is that the person isn't full of themselves.

I'm not going to fly or shoot sparks out of my butt, but I think I can achieve, and have tasted (a little) of what that persons enlightenment is. Its pretty good. Its very good. Simply the 'mildly enlightened' person who isn't full of themselves is worth much more then the acknowledged 'unenlightened' who is stuffed, IMHO

Michael

It's kind of reassuring, after a while, to know that everything you're doing is wrong. Takes the pressure off.

:lol: Love that.

Regarding the enlightened status of our own Matthewqi, if I've understood him correctly, he is simply saying that he has awakened his kundalini. He calls it being K-awake. That seems like a perfectly normal claim to make and common enough too. I have no problem believing him. I hope for his sake, that it is stable, balanced and enjoyable.

Yoda

A big deal and yet no big deal.

Both mYTHISmAKER and myself have had our kundalini awakened for longer than I care to mention.

Frankly it's embarrassing - what have we accomplished :)

Just a step along the path to no where.

A big deal and yet no big deal.

Both mYTHISmAKER and myself have had our kundalini awakened for longer than I care to mention.

Frankly it's embarrassing - what have we accomplished smile.gif

Just a step along the path to no where.

There you have it... a two for one special! :)

Sanjaya it is!

Seriously though, this thread points out that taobums isn't geared for discussing lineage based practices with an appropriate level of respect. I think that's fine... it's impossible to be all things to all people, but I'll try to keep that in mind for future discussions.

Just like Wavy Gravy ran " Nobody" for president to protest a corrupt political system, I now vote nobody to protest a corrupted spiritual system. Why should we contribute to the fleecing of our fellow beings ?

http://www.nobodyforpresident.org/

(...on the Birthday Party ticket - let'm eat cake!)

I vote no Bum to be fleeced option. Those who wish to go already are plentiful- (as in born every day)... Let them tell what they can & what is not said will have as much value to those of us with open heaarts, minds & spirit...

Edited by Wayfarer64

Seriously though, this thread points out that taobums isn't geared for discussing lineage based practices with an appropriate level of respect. I think that's fine... it's impossible to be all things to all people, but I'll try to keep that in mind for future discussions.

Hey Yoda. Why you make a general statement about all of taobums? There are people here that absolutely are capable of keeping appropriate levels of respect!!!

just felt like pointing it out

but hey. Nobody has been listening to me through all these threads :rolleyes:

:D

Harry

Sign in to follow this