Rebel Emperor

The most powerful person is the one with the strongest mind.

In other case of healing is, that it heals but not cures and in some case death is the healing to the illness of clinging to the physical plane. And a illness that reappears has a following problem :If one go on with the lifestyle one surely will regain that problem.

True, I can't help thinking clinging to the physical plane and desiring power are not all that different. Both tend to be against surrendering and accepting grace.

What do you "disagree" with? The concept of awareness (and the field of perception) or the question that I asked you?

Also, I thought we were discussing direct perception of reality/consciousness in reference to the concept of "mind", rather than philosophy. In simple terms, would you not agree that if you cannot percieve "all", your "field of view" is obscured (or limited)? And hence, there is percieved separation.

I disagree that it is only ultimately true for a buddha. The same oneness and universal perspectives are in many teachings as the ultimate perspective.

Edited by teknix

I'll stick with the Title. Period. Everything starts with the mind. If there was no mind, then there is nothing to initiate the actions of human.

• Like 1

Mind? How do you define mind to include the autonomous system such as the heart beating and the lungs breathing?

Edited by teknix

Brain: mental transceiver of thought, emotion, idea, and perception.

Thought is an object of sense, and is not created by the body, just as sight is an object of sense and the light your eyes receive is not created by the body, just like hearing is an object of sense and the sounds received are (largely) external to the brain.

Thought, emotion, idea, mindstuff... this is the reception of the brain, not the creation. Autonomous physiological function is part of the brain's job. the brain can do that without a soul. a computer can do the brain's autonomous functions (given the proper physiological understanding of how the brain works, and a level of technology necessary to synthesize a brain) such as heartbeat bowel movements and respiratory.

The Mind, as opposed to the brain.

So is the mind powerless without the brain?

from the human perspective of time, yes. the mind is useless outright. From the civil perspective of universal dominance, the mind is nothing but a tool for success.

From the perspective of the mind, human and civil pursuits are selfish, greedy, harmful, and do little else than to enslave your own brains by acts of your own will.

as if your own individual life is so important that others lives are meaningless in contrast.

your amok monkeyspheres...

Most people perceive the mind as an electro-chemical byproduct of brain activity, and this is the socially, civilly, academically accepted perspective. it benefits the construction of the slave pens you call residences and economic monopoly of commerce, as long as you believe you owe your mind to your body and not the other way around. slave.

From this exchange, there are two types of people that arise:

A Physical Body having a Mental/Spiritual Experience which is then reduced to the lowest common physical denomination.

and

A bodiless spirit dwelling in a pre-occupied mind/body. a guest, if you will, sharing spiritual experiences with a spiritual body having physical experiences.

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

The brain process the info, so it does both create an interpretation of the signals recieved. Granted that Our brain's right hemisphere would manifest creations more than the rationale mind would.

Why would you think the mind is something separate from the brain?

The brain process the info, so it does both create an interpretation of the signals recieved. Granted that Our brain's right hemisphere would manifest creations more than the rationale mind would.

Why would you think the mind is something separate from the brain?

The brain is physical and the mind is mental and spiritual.

I think taoism and budhism (to name some) do build the mind and the body that it depends. Not so much something mystical or supernatural riddled with tradition and belief, but an early method of scientific method through questioning while using logic and reasoning.

Edited by teknix
  • Like 3

Mind is clearly linked to the brain and body. Drugs affect mind ,surgery affects mind ,diet affects mind.

And so forth. The mechanism may be confusing, but for all intents and purposes..it just isn't wisely deniable.imo

• Like 2

I disagree that it is only ultimately true for a buddha. The same oneness and universal perspectives are in many teachings as the ultimate perspective.

In using the term Buddha, I meant to describe full and clear "realization", not limit it to Buddhism (or a particular path). But, there is also a big difference between noticing oneness and fully realizing oneness.

Best wishes on your path.

I don't know where to begin....it sounds like something a teenager would say in his or her attempt to understand the finer details of the Tao cultivation. :)

Does it mean that the mind is desperately clinging onto a thought because this would give the person the power needed? The act of "clinging" and to have a thought to begin with...is already not Tao and the dharma. Therefore, the person's power is just an illusion. :) Well, that was easy.....

Spiritual power is the result of having the mind to reach to various stages of samadhi....

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

I'll stick with the Title. Period. Everything starts with the mind. If there was no mind, then there is nothing to initiate the actions of human.

Here is one problem with "mind." People believe that, including the OP, he or she has a mind, the power of the mind. Yet, his or her mind is neither powerful enough to control his or her body and other aspects of the 5 human aggregates. And people are often under the illusions that they have a mind. In reality, they don't. Judging from the simplistic nature of the title, I would assume the OP would need more studying and reading and self examination to understand this thing called the "mind."

Edited by ChiForce

Here is one problem with "mind." People believe that, including the OP, he or she has a mind, the power of the mind. Yet, his or her mind is neither powerful enough to control his or her body and other aspects of the 5 human aggregates. And people are often under the illusions that they have a mind. In reality, they don't. Judging from the simplistic nature of the title, I would assume the OP would need more studying and reading and self examination to understand this thing called the "mind."

Well, everybody has a mind, regardless what the mentality of each individual is. The will is always powerful enough to control the body to do whatever the intention of the mind was. If one wants to drive a car to the store, does one need to be under the illusions that one has a mind. One may not has to be inteligent, but still has a mind to dictate the body to carry out its function. For that being said which leads me to ask, are you saying that I need to know what a mind is before I can use it......???

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Well, everybody has a mind, regardless what the mentality of each individual is. The will is always powerful enough to control the body to do whatever the intention of the mind was. If one wants to drive a car to the store, does one need to be under the illusions that one has a mind. One may not has to be inteligent, but still has a mind to dictate the body to carry out its function. For that being said which leads me to ask, are you saying that I need to know what a mind is before I can use it......???

It's just not your mind, thereis just a brain inside an organism, mind AND YOURS ARE THINGS THE BRAIN MADE UP.

• Like 1

a strong mind is powerful, but it takes a strong heart to overcome a strong mind. a strong heart has only itself to overcome, nothing reigns above the heart.

a brain alone is like a radio without a station to tune into. a brain alone is dead. it takes the transmission of the soul to give the brain anything to chew on. otherwise, all it does is maintain bodily autonomy; heartbeat and subtle brain breaths.

Genuine ideas, conceptualizations, visions, and dreams are not created by the brain alone, but a combination of the physiological experience recorded by the brain and the psychological and spiritual experiences recorded by the soul.

The lonely brain's only emissions are physiological, not psycho/thoughtological; in order for a physical brain to emit mental thought, a soul is required to combine the metaphysical with the literal physical so as to create unique identities, ideas, concepts, and thoughts.

Communication in and of itself is a good example of a brain. communication, alone, by itself, is just a bunch of sounds that are not being received. Communication with additional bodies is an exchange of emotions, ideas, and thoughts.

Communication is the primary function of the brain, is it not?

Can you not communicate with your thoughts? It would explain why you don't (think you) have a spiritual body...

edit: spellcheck didnt catch "ommunicate" :lol: im coining it to refer to the ability to communicate with all of omniversiality: Ommunication :lol:

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 1

According to the Tao Te Ching, if you can overcome others by any means...you are the most powerful. And by what means do people overcome others....? Yes- Compensation or Violence. There are really only two ways people are won or conquered, give them something they want or remove them.

"If you understand others you are smart.

If you understand yourself you are illuminated.

If you overcome others you are powerful.

If you overcome yourself you have strength.

If you know how to be satisfied you are rich.

If you can act with vigor, you have a will.

If you don't lose your objectives you can be long-lasting.

If you die without loss, you are eternal." TTC 33 Lao Tzu

One of the best passages I think.