thelerner

Board Wishlist

Seems to me simple to have all the PPFs in alphabetical order. :huh:

They are.

Whatever works;

it's all good. :)

(And with whatever you choose, with so many people here, it's *always* going to be a situation of a million different opinions... too many cooks. You can't please us all!!! :wacko::angry::huh:<_<;):):D:lol: )

• Like 1

This might be a long shot - but what if you could choose your own colors for the board that each user sees - some places have this, so I know it can be done...Probably cost some money though....it'd be neat though.

The option to swap white for black as the sites color scheme would be great for night time viewing :)

Yeah, even my Sat-Nav can do that ! ;)

wish: move this notification

0 users active in live chat
There are no members talking in live chat at the moment

from the bottom to somewhere at the top of TTBs page

~ edit ~

If you used just the 1st line (the 2nd is redundant anyway), I bet it'd fit

between

"Donate Bitcoins"

and

"View New Content".

(Not as a button, just as text.)

OR

If you can dynamically change the label of the "Chat" tab/button, just add the number after it, like "Chat 8". Bums in-the-know would then know that there are 8 bums in chat. Super space saving. :) I like this last idea best. :DB) Please hold your applause, no, no, that's too much. :blush:

(My old programmer's mind still has a few firing neurons.)

Edited by Trunk
  • Like 4

More smileys, many more smileys! :) We are very smiley deprived. I just hope that IPBoard doesn't make you add them one at a time....

More smileys, many more smileys! :) We are very smiley deprived. I just hope that IPBoard doesn't make you add them one at a time....

Personally I am not a fan of emoticons. I think we have just the right amount not to be nauseating... ;)

Here is a big thing I would wish: I have friends who I would like to be able to come view my PPD, but you can't because you have to be a member to do so...I see some advantages to this, as it would encourage people to join, but at the same time, coming here and viewing everything is enough of a stimulus to join so I think it would be nice to open those to the public...or at least give individual members the right to open their own PPDs to the public...

I say this because recently I created a situation in which I possibly destroyed a friendship with someone I know - its really complex to describe, but essentially I told her go check out my PPD here, she said she wasn't interested in joining some online thing...I didn't know that it was blocked because I had only had it open for a a couple of days, and didn't realize that it did that...she had been being a little insincere with me, so I accused her of not even going to check it out and lying to me that she did and well bottom line is that she told me never to contact her again. I accept the full responsibility for my assumptions that it would be open, and not having researched it first. You guys know how I am - I can be extreme and blow up at anything for any reason. My friend is like that too..So we blew each other up! I am going to try to put the pieces together eventually, but it may take some time...

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1

PPD do not show up in Google, because they are private.

I like that quite a lot B)

• Like 2

Still - I would personally like if I could set my PPD to show up in google and be open to public...is there a way to toggle?

if its too hard, I understand....

Here is another cool idea:

instead of having a 'what are you listening to thread' etc. there should be some kind of music collective spot where everyone puts their favorite music for cultivation, stimulation of energy, etc. divided into genres so that people could easily locate and find their type of stuff.

Mainly youtube video based, but other places that have music too could be there - not necesarily the full URL, just the link - so it doesn't take up too much space - this way, everyone could place their music in the proper category, and we could all surf it and find our own best stuff.

I could help organize this as I am a music-o-phile...

• Like 1

PPD do not show up in Google, because they are private.

I like that quite a lot B)

healing circle is also private? yes?

and the pit?

healing circle is also private? yes?

and the pit?

Yes to both. Unless logged in, 'healing circle' comes back as a 'we couldnt find that', and the whole "Basement" doesn't even show. lol

• Like 2

Yes to both. Unless logged in, 'healing circle' comes back as a 'we couldnt find that', and the whole "Basement" doesn't even show. lol

ah, i wonder if off topic didnt show when it was in the basement?

that might have been a factor i wouldve considered b4 we went and re-arranged everything lol

oh well

ah, i wonder if off topic didnt show when it was in the basement?

that might have been a factor i wouldve considered b4 we went and re-arranged everything lol

oh well

Before this last re-arranging, one could 'see' everything, but couldn't get into the pit, ppds, or healing circle as they were protected forums. Now, the only thing totally out of view before logging in is Basement and it's Pit. I like the new way, easier to find things, imo.

• Like 2

Make the blue snake in the header graphic more transparent to blend in better with the rest of the artwork. Not a priority I know, but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

Another suggestion is to add a section to the menu bar that is geared toward new members. A page consisting of website (or thread) links to popular practices. This could perhaps limit the constant stream of "hi i was wondering what qigong practices i should look into?" "what's kundalini, how do i activate it?" It could also include common vernacular to the arts.

Edited by Celestial
  • Like 1

i never have figured out exactly what that blue snake is/does/represents. not sure i want to get too close to it.

• Like 1

i never have figured out exactly what that blue snake is/does/represents. not sure i want to get too close to it.

Yeah one day I checked the site and it was there. Upon seeing it, I thought either I just activated my Kundalini or Max from Kunlun popped in to say hello. :P

• Like 1

I'm not sure about this forum software in particular, but I know some others have an easy just clear out any members with 0 posts which are more than 30, 60, 90, whatever days old... pretty handy.

Do we require at least an intro post to be a member here? (sorry forgot lol)

So folks don't need one just to browse and see the protected areas? (some forums require an intro post just to prove they are real humans, so just checking).