thelerner

Board Wishlist

1> To get Chat running again.

2> A clean up of Personal Discussion page. Ones that haven't been used in a year or two or three put at the bottom or in an unused section. Maybe a Top PD section for active users. It's not just that I'm lazy (I am), but more and more good discussions are taking place in the Personal Discussion area and its hard to find them. They get lost among those that haven't been used for years and those only updated once or twice a year.

3> My usual call for fewer pin ups on the General Discussion Page. See if we could distribute them elsewhere or combine them into multi level sub forums.

As always suggesting takes seconds, programming takes days of work.

• Like 1

i fully support the cleaning up of the PPJs and less stickies in General :) As far as i know, the chat issue is being worked on already.

as for the stickies:

The insult reminder is kinda pointless IMO, new users are familiar with the rules if they read them, and old users that still choose to throw insults around aren't going to stop because of a friendly reminder. Plus, if any board needs this then it is OT. i very rarely see people start insulting each other in General

30 Day Mentorships could be its own PPJ moderated by whoever (i guess you would be a good candidate considering you created the thread...)

Upcoming Events could be its own sub board entirely, and blatant advertisements for new learning material/seminars/etc etc etc could go there and that would take care of the wants of people who are tired of ads on the main boards

If the Personal Practice area was purged of dead accounts, we could then have a folder of all the group PPJs and keep them separate from all of the actual journals, basically establishing a user created section.

Just my input ^_^

On the ppf idea ... which I think is needed have you thought of an archive retrievable on request. Some of those accounts are ancient ... there could be a list which somehow allows an account to be reactivated.

It would be neat if the most active ones ranked first in descending order...then people could know which ones were being added to.

• Like 2

How easy would it be for the "tags" to be added to old / archived threads.

So that they'd show up in our searches ?

Can it only be done by the OP ?

I wish I could hide topics that don't interest me to clear out the clutter.

Yes, to the Pie Guy's idea, an "Ignore" on/off button would be good, because just sometimes our tastes / interests change.

• Like 1

Generally that is correct. It can only be done by either the OP or a Moderator. It would be unusual circumstances under which a mod would edit tags on another member's posts though. Unfortunately the system does not seem to have the capability, under the current version, to add "personal tags" that only you see. Maybe I will see if I can submit that as a feature request though, because it would be very useful.

Or we can keep ALL of the OP's original ones, but a MOD could be able to add some relevant ones, as the thread progresses ?

The Concierge group isn't meant to be like an all seeing eye watching the every move of the community and waiting for other members to slip up. They are aware of members who regularly disregard the requirement for respectful dialogue, and over the long term that disregard will impact their membership here. I would ask that you have some optimism toward the system and give it a chance to work. I feel like things are getting better here all the time

Hehe, i think you may have misinterpreted me a bit. i wasn't trying to complain, i am actually very optimistic about this issue :P

30 Day Mentorships could be its own PPJ moderated by whoever (i guess you would be a good candidate considering you created the thread...)

Naja had some good suggestions.

Hmnn, how would this work (& where) I'm feeling a little slow, I know PB&J. Personal Practice J(ournal)?

and as long as its a wish list, I'd like 5 cents for every word I write and $40 for each hour waste on the bums! ;).

just kidding I don't waste time on the bums, i wu wei it awai

• Like 1

1)

Limit the ability to edit/delete messages to for perhaps 30 minutes, one hour after the message is posted.

People should think before they post, and not try to polish their appearance in hindsight.

2)

Remove the possibility to change one's nick.

If I have a break for one year, come back and want to find some posts made by some member...

In real life you have a face that doesn't change, a name etc. which is how you follow a person and how you establish a continuity with that guy. Here, the name is in practice the only thing close to a clear red thread we have.

1) Limit the ability to edit/delete messages to for perhaps 30 minutes, one hour after the message is posted. People should think before they post, and not try to polish their appearance in hindsight. 2) Remove the possibility to change one's nick

i don't agree with any of this, downvote, etc etc

I have to say all those editing of posts to just include a . and nothing else later gets really old, what's up with that?

• Like 1

I have to say all those editing of posts to just include a . and nothing else later gets really old, what's up with that?

Its just people that have trouble controlling their outbursts of emotions and then later realize they don't want to stir up trouble. Not everyone has the perfect self control to think before they act. If the board didn't have the option to edit our posts it would create a LOT of trouble that could easily be avoided in exchange for satisfying a few peoples need to rid themselves of an extremely minor annoyance.

• Like 2

it would be cool if we could know if a PM we have sent has been read or at least opened

you don't have that ability? i do...

• Like 1

when i click on a message it shows both users screen names in the top left and whether or not they have read it and the time they read it at

i can even see when someone has deleted the message from their box. i am still able to view the message of course

• Like 1

I believe this has now been achieved in a more proper form as of last night. Any PPD that has not been updated in over a year can now be found in zZzZz - Sleeping PPDs at the bottom of the PPD list. They are available to read, but as they are not being kept up by their authors they are not available to reply to. They can be brought back into the main list at the request of their owners. :)

You guys are good. Thank you very much.

I hope people realize some of the best, calmest, deepest discussions are going on in the PPD section.

Now about the 4 cents a word..

<later edit> Now that I've looked at it, I'm even more impressed. Its so much easier to follow. & I hope many of the quality 'Sleepers' are brought back to life.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

You guys are good. Thank you very much.

I hope people realize some of the best, calmest, deepest discussions are going on in the PPD section.

Now about the 4 cents a word..

Whoever is having those needs to advertize more :)

Hey can they make this thing spell check?