DentyDao

David Shen Verdesi Press Release

Because I get the sense that if you don't tow the party line, that they don't want you there. I also don't particularly care much for secrecy.

I don't really post there but go on once every couple months to check out what's going on. At very least it's very interesting and my guess is pretty mind blowing stuff.

Maybe someone who posts on Taobums was actually there and could comment?

Edited by Cameron

One more note from David on the Turtle, who is fine by the way:

"By the way the person who did this should at least have the intelligence of explaining that the turtle was used to check the "temperature" so not to kill or drill a hole in our hands.

Shifu as you saw took plenty of time to try measure the amount of power emitted so to release the Yang Qi in the right amount, which means without Killing the turtle, but actually extending its life and probably helping it to develop special abilities using it like a power measure tool.

The turtle was used because other then the obvious shell and not fur that would have burned, is a very Yin animal and can therefore better withstand Yang without damages, other then being dried up a bit (shifu asked about the smoke, Yin changing phenomena and not burning) on a human body would be used to heal and expel any cold like condition, so dispelling "spirits" as well and also to kill viruses, if prolonged would literally dry you up like a mummy."

Btw, The rabbit that was spoke of, because it was killed in the way it was, was helped and benefited in ways we wouldn't understand. Firstly, its Shen was freed, as has been mentioned. Apparently, most of the time when animals die, the Shen remains trapped here. So, in addition to a freed Shen, the rabbit will be able to progress very far spiritually speaking. On a practical level, the Rabbit was eaten, its body made good use of.

Btw, The rabbit that was spoke of, because it was killed in the way it was, was helped and benefited in ways we wouldn't understand. Firstly, its Shen was freed, as has been mentioned. Apparently, most of the time when animals die, the Shen remains trapped here. So, in addition to a freed Shen, the rabbit will be able to progress very far spiritually speaking. On a practical level, the Rabbit was eaten, its body made good use of.

Between you and me I heard rabbits are delicious. Just don't tell my Tao brother Smile I said that.

I am the "teenage-heart" referred to. I sendt the words to mr. Verdesi.

Please read the words in the post carefully again. It wasn't referred at you but the person posting the videos! (I mean the videos and not the links to the videos!)

:)

Harry

I can't think of any way to say what I'm thinking that won't be taken amiss, so I'm not going to say it.

But I want you all to know that I'm thinking it. :D

I can't think of any way to say what I'm thinking that won't be taken amiss, so I'm not going to say it.

And I now say it: should cat and I decide upon anything you'd sure be invited :D

Apparently, most of the time when animals die, the Shen remains trapped here.

Some of it gets trapped, but most of it goes on. Same with people.

Rain,

I haven't seen any of vids and don't have an opinion on any of the issues involved in this thread, but I hope you stick around taobums if you wish to.

-Yoda

And I now say it: should cat and I decide upon anything you'd sure be invited :D

It wasn't really the topic I was adressing, but good to know, nonetheless!

Okay my bad. For some reason I had it in my mind that at 1:55 of the John Chang video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77nD5xmL0kU that their hands weren't touching, but they are. It's still more impressive than the Jiang video. In the first Jiang video he holds a turtle in one hand, then burns them with the shell. I would be more convinved if there was no turtle.

Go back and rewatch the video where he 'burns' the T shirts. It looks like slight of hand and the old magician's misdirection trick. At 17 seconds into the video, the hands meet quickly in fron of him. We see his right hand in a clenched fist quickly slid out of the spectators view to his right side where i suspect he pockets something. Immediately after his hands are then raise as if to say "nothing up my sleeve". Christ this guy even acts like a stage magician as far as I am concerned. The more I watch it, the more convinced I become. Please ask yourself why he reaches out and takes the shirts in both cases and then immediately puts them on the ground. Would be much more interesting if the spectator just set it down in front of him.

Am I alone on thinking this video is a parlor trick?

Gets kind of "iffy" on account of the tummo heat thing. It seems that a lot of the advanced people do the "sleigh of hand" or just post something in public that seems absurd as a way out of something or kind of like a self-preservation measure.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sean, I really don't understand why are you guys so heart broken and depressed? It's really not that a big of deal. There are plenty of these videos floating around on youtube. FWIW, I think the text I bolded above is probably the the most important point of David's speech.

We just would have preferred that these be kept for private use among students for the reasons that David mentioned. I would suggest re-reading the post carefully. The edited video would have been for students only in any case.

I know how to conceptualize the manifestation of chi, but I still think Jiang switches something from one hand to the other, conceals it on his right side which is hidden from the onlookers, and then lifts his hands in the air to "prove" to the audience that he has nothing in his hands. It's textbook magician antics. There is also absolutely no reason for Jiang to handle the shirts for 1 or 2 seconds each before "igniting" them.

David would like to invite you to come to China and have Shifu Jiang demonstrate for you personally and whoever else is interested. This is the first time he has ever made an offer like this in 12 years. You are welcome to come free of charge. I was actually quite shocked that David said this. Shifu will preform to your satisfaction. This is a serious offer, Shifu Jiang recently demonstrated to a group of over 40 American students and is happy to do so under any conditions you request.

This above reminiscent of cult-like control in my opinion. Furthermore, if posting the video is such a terrible earth shattering evil event with such drastic karmic reverberations, then why in the hell did he allow them to video tape it in the first place.

I don't think anyone is saying that what was done is evil or drastic, but it could cause Shifu to withdraw and become less interested in working with the students David brings and, definitely, David will be more selective about what is allowed. There will be no more students videos; or at least it will be much more limited.

In any case, the videos were removed and we are very happy that things did not go any further.

In my opinion, the John Chang video and Kosta's books were great occurences. Look at the dialogue and interest this has sparked. Sean, were it not for the public dissemination of this information, I doubt you have found your current path. Did it not inspire in you a sense of awe and spiritual hunger?

Of course, but this all ended badly because the wishes of John Chang and his teacher were not respected. That situation is bitter sweat.

Sean, I like you
I know.

I admire the passion with which you have been searching for spiritual truth. But truth doesn't hide behind cloaks of secrecy in my experience.

I would invite you to come to the foundation forum and educate your self on the reason for secrecy and why it's so important that these things are given within the teacher student relationship. We are not making shoes.

Having said that, anyone is welcome to come and study with David; there is no special requirement and David accepts all comers. You don't have to be in with the in crowd or special or particularly smart; you just have to show up and act interested. I'm even thinking of putting together a scholarship fund for young people lacking funding to pay the tuition for training.

Yours, S

Edited by seandenty

David would like to invite you to come to China and have Shifu Jiang demonstrate for you personally and whoever else is interested. This is the first time he has ever made an offer like this in 12 years. You are welcome to come free of charge. I was actually quite shocked that David said this. Shifu will preform to your satisfaction. This is a serious offer, Shifu Jiang recently demonstrated to a group of over 40 American students and is happy to do so under any conditions you request.

Are you saying that David is going to buy me a plane ticket to China? Or that he will waive his fees to meet Jiang?

Are you saying that David is going to buy me a plane ticket to China? Or that he will waive his fees to meet Jiang?

Please. Pick up the offer to become a forum member and read for yourself what David has been stating :)

Secrecy is really for those who lack the faith, and or Virtue to fully uphold teachings which result

in spiritual powers. THis is another reason why the Buddha did not publicize powers, and told his disciples not

to publicize any power whatsoever.

People look at powerful beings as gods, and mistake ability for wisdom. This is why certain things are reserved

for some and not for others.

It is the same with Gong Fu. You don't give your skills to those who lack the compassion for others, you hold it back and make it hard to get. THis makes the seeker humble, and or puts them in the place of mind to drop ego, and change their life. Not all , but some do.

Daoist and Buddhists hold to secrecy in certain manners of cultivation unless the disciple shows high virtue, good moral and respect for living beings.

Peace and Blessings,

Aiwei

Edited by 林愛偉

Secrecy is really for those who lack the faith, and or Virtue to fully uphold teachings which result

in spiritual powers. THis is another reason why the Buddha did not publicize powers, and told his disciples not

to publicize any power whatsoever.

People look at powerful beings as gods, and mistake ability for wisdom. This is why certain things are reserved

for some and not for others.

It is the same with Gong Fu. You don't give your skills to those who lack the compassion for others, you hold it back and make it hard to get. THis makes the seeker humble, and or puts them in the place of mind to drop ego, and change their life. Not all , but some do.

Daoist and Buddhists hold to secrecy in certain manners of cultivation unless the disciple shows high virtue, good moral and respect for living beings.

Peace and Blessings,

Aiwei

Couldn't say it better myself. Glad you are here on this board.

i agree too

this seems to be the general way things work

but i think this is no news to them

for me, if powers are to show something, they sure show much dedication and hard work

i think that is the basis of any acheivement - their favorite word <_< - but i dont think this is enough

i want to share something with you, that i found out recently:

the practices begin to REALLY work when you receive something from the HEAVENS

you cant receive THAT - whatever that is <_< - simply by practicing.

it's like this: the magus seems to be right on something. the mo pai is god given. but not the way we may think about that at first. listen, it is not the man that decides who's allotment it is. it is the will of the heavens.

you have to convince not a man, but the heavens.

and you cant make that happening if you play the know-it-all.

you really have to help others. not forcibly, but this has to be in your blood.

i know most of us, here on the taobums, are. :)

so, we should work hard, work well, and wait for our allotment ;)

Couldn't say it better myself. Glad you are here on this board.

>>bows<<

i agree too

this seems to be the general way things work

but i think this is no news to them

for me, if powers are to show something, they sure show much dedication and hard work

i think that is the basis of any acheivement - their favorite word <_< - but i dont think this is enough

i want to share something with you, that i found out recently:

the practices begin to REALLY work when you receive something from the HEAVENS

you cant receive THAT - whatever that is <_< - simply by practicing.

it's like this: the magus seems to be right on something. the mo pai is god given. but not the way we may think about that at first. listen, it is not the man that decides who's allotment it is. it is the will of the heavens.

you have to convince not a man, but the heavens.

and you cant make that happening if you play the know-it-all.

you really have to help others. not forcibly, but this has to be in your blood.

i know most of us, here on the taobums, are. :)

so, we should work hard, work well, and wait for our allotment ;)

In Chinese there is a saying : Kan Tian Fu.

Don't need the characters. haha It means Look at Heavenly Blessings. Kind of like saying it is a gift

from the heavens that one has such "amazing" abilities, or even the capacity to comprehend certain things.

It is said that when one has a great skill in learning gongfu, it is "tian fu", the same with playing music, and here with cultivation. Heaven's fortune, like outstanding things upon a person, does play a certain part in everyone's life.

This is basically one's own good karma that seems to be out of the ordinary fortune of living beings, but plainly is just one's good karma with a touch of Heavenly blessings.

Regardles, one must work hard as you say. SOmetimes our diligence is appreciated, honored, and we are given a good push from powerful places, and our skills increase.

Cultivation is amazing, it works in all areas of anything, and leaves no stone unturned within the mind...which is all places and no places. Fun.

Peace and Blessings,

Aiwei

Edited by 林愛偉