Formless Tao

The decline and eventual fall of the USA as world superpower?

If we look back into history we notice that every world superpower has eventually fallen one way or the other. If history is anything to go by that means that the USA will eventually and inevitably fall as the world superpower, be it militarily, economically or socially.

Decadence, greed and lawlessness are big factors in the decline of a nation/civilization. It is well known that Viet Cong General Vo Nguyen Giap successfully used Sun Tzu's ideas and tactics to defeat the French and then USA. Have the US not learned the lesson after reading the 'Art of War' not to fight too many battles over long periods of time as it weakens the economy because of the great expenses and weakens the morale.

I believe we are starting to see the decline of the USA, with Sept 11, then GFC, more recently accusations from Julian Assange, Bradley Manning and now Edward Snowden.

What goes up, must come down?

One mans' enemy, is another mans' hero,

One mans' hero is another mans' enemy,

I believe turning to 'The Tao' can change things for the better, to PEACE!

Any constructive thoughts on the above?

• Like 3

It won't be long now, 20 years tops. Most likely it will end in world conflict and we'll get our *** handed to us.

You should really look into the John Titor story.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

The US arms suppliers gained too much power during the Second World War and to maintain that power they have to keep creating wars to fight as well as miltarize and brutalize the population. It has to come to an end eventually either through economics or through the people having enough.

• Like 1

The world will progress as it needs to. When the field is finished and the crop has been harvested, it's common to burn the the leftover down to make it easy for seeding the following season. It's getting close to burn time and with good reason. I enjoy the things that I have here but I definitely do not condone the actions of my government but my 'government' is only a piece to a larger puzzle. As I've stated earlier, things progress in the direction that is needed.

• Like 3

I think America will remain a superpower so long as it has the largest nuclear arsenal in the world. That's what keeps people in line in the end, not the threat of invasion, but annihilation. Not supporting this or saying it's a good thing, just making a point.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 1

Hi Aaron and thanks for contributing.

I agree with you partly. Nuclear weapons are only good for threatening total annihilation of an external country.

If a civil war broke out in the USA, the US would not nuc their own country and own people, so this would render them useless internally, unless they fell into the wrong hands...

Nuclear weapons are meaningless because the current condition of the world is that of a puppet show with our strings being pulled by a select few. Like a turd in the toilet slowly spiraling down the drain.

• Like 2

Once we really start going broke we'll sell our nuclear arsenol. The US is going to become the worlds worst thirld world country within my life time(Im 37).

Why the worlds worst 3rd world country? Because of all our laws and codes that dont allow iust ot build or live in shanties, or drive around in modified vehicles. Many children will be taken away from their families "for their own good" because it is illegal to raise children where you dont live in a modern home. All the laws that were created to "ensure the rights of US citezens are going to backfire on the average person.

You can bet the US govt will go down shooting though. We wont give into poverty that easy, not while we could ensure a position of relative wealth by taking over a country/region that is rich in sought after resources like oil.

Thanks h.uriahr. Sounds very biblical, from memory the book of Revelations...

I believe Revelations will happen. It's hard to deny. Like a stream that feeds into a waterfall, we (the world) are gaining momentum, headed straight towards catastrophe. The bright side? Once you clear the waterfall paradise awaits. IMO, Revelations is about cleansing, not destruction. There is pain in birth but the rewards are endless.

Hi Aaron and thanks for contributing. I agree with you partly. Nuclear weapons are only good for threatening total annihilation of an external country. If a civil war broke out in the USA, the US would not nuc their own country and own people, so this would render them useless internally, unless they fell into the wrong hands...

Don't be so certain. From what I understand the US Government has war game exercises where they command the people in charge of launching the nuclear missiles to target a city in the USA. They don't do that because they want to test loyalty, but to make sure if they give the command it will be carried out. I think it's naïveté to believe that the federal government wouldn't do whatever it needs to, to survive.

Aaron

• Like 1

Hi Aaron, I agree the US would do whatever it takes to survive, but to Nuc their own people and country I believe would be highly unlikely, but not impossible :)

I don't see things as apocalyptcally as most posters here. I don't buy into a few people control everything scenario either. Hell we've seen billionaires spend over 100 million to defeat Obama and fail miserably. Hell if there was poster boy for the rich it was Oil man Bush I, and he was just one term, followed by a man who raised taxes on the rich. Sorry getting off subject.

I welcome the possibility of U.S losing Super Power status though. It'd be nice to end the 'We lead and Police the World' mentality. Truly recover a peace dividend and concentrate on rebuilding American from the schools up. Its possible, a source of dependable cheap energy would help, folding down the current wars.

Wealth makes for decadence and a sense of too much power and America been compared to a very wealthy man who spends way more then he has. We need to rebalance, and it doesn't need to be abrupt. Slow and steady over a decade or two and there may be changes, positive ones, we can't imagine now.

• Like 2

Following the Snowden case on the UK guardian website and the US government is an absolute joke. The US government believe that they are 'Above The Law' and I believe that this will be their demise....

• Like 2

Following the Snowden case on the UK guardian website and the US government is an absolute joke. The US government believe that they are 'Above The Law' and I believe that this will be their demise....

Yes, sad, this whole affair, isn't it?

• Like 2

State-run People's Daily says whistleblower has exposed US hypocrisy after Washington blamed Beijing for his escape

That is NOT MY America that they are talking about though. My America is not a hypocritical nation. Perhaps it will rise again. Perhaps not.

But I will make it public here and now that I still support what Snowden did.

I am so tired of all the lies!

• Like 4

It seems like a law of nations.

The larger a system grows, the more its corruption grows and so it dwindles.

It seems like anything that gets very large and successful, attracts those who would feed off the fat and so inevitably, it dissolves from within due to the growth of corrupting/parasitic feeders.

I guess that's the yin in the yang. Grow too large and become small.

Hard to watch it happen in slow motion with the feeling of not being able to meaningfully affect it.

My focus tends toward smaller, local issues for me to invest any emotion in these days.

Something I can directly affect with my will.

• Like 4

It seems like a law of nations.

The larger a system grows, the more its corruption grows and so it dwindles.

It seems like anything that gets very large and successful, attracts those who would feed off the fat and so inevitably, it dissolves from within due to the growth of corrupting/parasitic feeders.

I guess that's the yin in the yang. Grow too large and become small.

Hard to watch it happen in slow motion with the feeling of not being able to meaningfully affect it.

My focus tends toward smaller, local issues for me to invest any emotion in these days.

Something I can directly affect with my will.

and now to contradict myself entirely...

my emotional shenpa prompted me to reach out and find this sad symbol which unfortunately, more accurately portrays my nations' ideals.

• Like 1

Yes, the American apple now is rotten at its core with worms. As just one small representative example tangential to recent events, consider the type of personnel staffing Booz Allen Hamilton:

Dov Zakheim, former Bush appointee as Pentagon Comptroller from May 4, 2001 to March 10, 2004. At that time he was unable to explain the disappearance of $1 trillion dollars. Actually, nearly three years earlier, Donald Rumsfeld announced on September 10, 2001 that an audit discovered $2.3 trillion was also missing from the Pentagon books. That story, as I mentioned, was buried under 9-11's rubble. The two sums disappeared on Zakheim's watch.

on May 6, 2004, Zakheim took a lucrative position at Booz Allen Hamilton, one of the most prestigious strategy consulting firms in the world

Zakheim was/is a dual Israeli/American citizen and an ordained rabbi and had been tracking the halls of US government for 25 years, casting defense policy and influence on Presidents Reagan, Clinton, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. He is, as I described him earlier, the bionic Zionist.

in 2001 Zakheim was CEO of SPS International, part of System Planning Corporation, a defense contractor majoring in electronic warfare technologies, including remote-controlled aircraft systems, and the notorious Flight Termination System (FTS) technology that could hijack even a hijacked plane and land or crash it wherever.

Wikipedia points out that Zakheim is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and in 2000 a co- author of the Project for the New American Century's position paper, Rebuilding America's Defenses, advocating the necessity for a Pearl-Harbor-like incident to mobilize the country into war with its enemies, mostly Middle Eastern Muslim nations.

during Zakheim's tenure as Pentagon controller from May 4, 2001, to March 10, 2004, over $3 trillion dollars were unaccounted for. Additionally, military Information was jeopardized and military contractors billed the US for Israeli items: $50 million dollar fighter jets were rated as surplus and the list rolls on. As the scandal of the missing trillion dollars surfaced and Zakheim resigned, Israel was handed the finest fighter jets in the US inventory while 15 percent of US jets were grounded for lack of parts.

Dov is not alone. He is one of an elite group of Jewish Americans/Israelis who inter-marry and enter government. They and their Christian counterparts are called neocons and their sole purpose is directing US policy.

in May 2001, when Dov served at the Pentagon, it was an SPS (his firm's) subsidiary, Tridata Corporation, that oversaw the investigation of the first "terrorist" attack on the World Trade Center in 1993. This would have given them intimate knowledge of the security systems and structural blueprints of the World Trade Center.

Considering his access to Boeing 767 tankers, remote control flight systems, and his published views in the PNAC document, it seems very likely he is in fact a key figure in the alleged terrorist attacks in New York City on September 11, 2001.

Rabbi Zakheim had access to things like structural integrity, blueprints and any number of important facets of information about the WTC through his work with TRIDATA CORPORATION in the investgation of the bombing of the WTC in 1993. That he had access to REMOTE CONTROL Technology through his work at System Planning Corporation (SPC). That he had access to BOEING AIRCRAFT through a lease deal HE BROKERED while working at the Pentagon. And finally that he was part of a group of politically radical Straussian Neo-Conservatives, who, through their association with PNAC, called for restructuring of the Middle East, noting that a Pearl Harbor type of event MAY BE NEEDED to foster the frame of mind required for the American public to accept such a radical foreign policy agenda. In light of all this information we here at Conspiracy News Net stand by our statement that Mr. Zakheim not only called for the slamming of the WTC Towers on 9-11, but he actively took part in their demolition by providing the logistics necessary for such an attack to occur.

zakheim-dov.jpg

Now consider that our entire miIitary/industriaI/corporate/government complex is staffed by similar unelected anti-patriots who serve continuously through every administration to essentially embezzle & promote their own self-serving, fundamentally "traitorous" agendas - opaquely, unexposed, uninterrupted and unopposed.

And now someone who finally dares to blow the whistle on THEM...is the "traitor?" :lol:

Meanwhile, most everyone whom they have labeled as "evil enemies' (ALBA, BRIC, Arab countries, etc) are actually the small remaining pockets of stubborn resistance to their global imperial overreach - and the only hope left for preserving any freedom outside of their total dominion of this planet. Not that they are necessarily utopias themselves either - but they at least provide a much-needed diverse hedge against a ruthless world monopoly.

Ecuador's foreign minister, Ricardo Patino, hailed Snowden on Monday as "a man attempting to bring light and transparency to facts that affect everyone's fundamental liberties."

He described the decision on whether to grant Snowden asylum as a choice between "betraying the citizens of the world or betraying certain powerful elites in a specific country."

China's top state newspaper has praised the fugitive US spy agency contractor Edward Snowden for "tearing off Washington's sanctimonious mask"

"Not only did the US authorities not give us an explanation and apology, it instead expressed dissatisfaction at the Hong Kong special administrative region for handling things in accordance with law," wrote Wang Xinjun, a researcher at the Academy of Military Science in the People's Daily commentary.

"In a sense, the United States has gone from a 'model of human rights' to 'an eavesdropper on personal privacy', the 'manipulator' of the centralised power over the international internet, and the mad 'invader' of other countries' networks," the People's Daily said.

The People's Daily, which reflects the thinking of the government, said China could not accept "this kind of dissatisfaction and opposition".

"The world will remember Edward Snowden," the newspaper said. "It was his fearlessness that tore off Washington's sanctimonious mask".

A commentary in the Global Times, owned by the People's Daily, also attacked the US for cornering "a young idealist who has exposed the sinister scandals of the US government".

"Instead of apologising, Washington is showing off its muscle by attempting to control the whole situation," the Global Times said.

"The voices of a few American politicians and media outlets surrounding the Prism scandal have become truly shrill," it said. "Not only do some of them lack the least bit of self-reflection but they also arrogantly find fault with other countries for no reason at all."

Seriously, the more powerful the Americanist empire poIice state becomes - where will any whistIebIower be able to take refuge anymore? And if there are no such places, then who will dare to blow whistIes anymore? And with no more whistIebIowers (and guns), then what will stop their complete abuse of such 0rwelIian power??

When will people start waking up and stop electing these mainstream tools into office and stop our goosestep back into StaIinism v2.0???

Edited by vortex
  • Like 3

The perverse reality is that the US on the one hand are fighting the "war on terror" against extreme forms of Islam but on the other their main global partners are the Saudis funnel a large proportion of the wealth they receive from the US into globally promoting the extreme Wahhabi form of Islam, which is ravaging much of Africa and promoting extremism in many other countries. So the whole war on terror is one giant racket where on one hand they fight it on the ground and the military complex remains very rich and on the other they indirectly fund those who promote the extremist ideology and groups, so they create a state of perpetual war and conflict which the wealthy elite have no motivation to break out from.

• Like 1