Formless Tao

The decline and eventual fall of the USA as world superpower?

fender stratocasters are still made in america

there is hope

and free styx concert last friday nite on the ohio river, kentucky side of course!

they were kinda like a good band to see on the 4th celebrations

between sweet madame blue and miss america

and i am continually impressed with these older rockers , how they manage to stay in fabulous shape

and excellent energy

oh, i am sure, dead sure.

it's not because i trust the government.

its because i trust us americans.

don't matter who they put up there in washington.

we, right here, are the government.

oh sweet naivete
  • Like 1

oh sweet naivete

"The bigger the lie the more they believe"

• Like 1

There is no decline of the USA as a world superpower. This has all been one big social experiment by the Bavarian Illuminati in league with Great Britain, which the US never actually gained independence from. The Illuminati have been pulling the strings behind the scenes since the "dawn of the nation". The "decline" is being used to measure the reaction of citizens of a "failing society". It serves the dual purpose of reducing the budget the Illuminati has poured into this illusion for over two centuries. The sociological data is essential to their plans of rule of a one world government, to be implemented in the next few decades. People have simply not noticed because their attention spans have been intentionally artificially shortened by bombardment of mass media. There is a secondary experiment being run in Japan, but it serves a different purpose that I am not at liberty to speak about.

fnord

Yep Great Britain runs the world together with the Bavarians ... buy a bowler hat and some leather shorts and you too can rule.

There is no decline of the USA as a world superpower. This has all been one big social experiment by the Bavarian Illuminati in league with Great Britain, which the US never actually gained independence from. The Illuminati have been pulling the strings behind the scenes since the "dawn of the nation". The "decline" is being used to measure the reaction of citizens of a "failing society". It serves the dual purpose of reducing the budget the Illuminati has poured into this illusion for over two centuries. The sociological data is essential to their plans of rule of a one world government, to be implemented in the next few decades. People have simply not noticed because their attention spans have been intentionally artificially shortened by bombardment of mass media. There is a secondary experiment being run in Japan, but it serves a different purpose that I am not at liberty to speak about.

fnord

Not at liberty to speak about it? Is that more conspiracy BS?

• Like 1

Glenn Greenwald: "Rogue" Actions of U.S. in Snowden Row Yield Latin American Offers of Asylum

it's a very convincing video

for people regardless of nationality - yes, even so-called americans

who for one reason or another have a political and cultural dislike for america.

my unbiased, unemotional objective response?

the probability of the conspiracy being false far outweighs the probability of it being true

even if the government involved is iraqi, syrian or libyan screwing its own people.

my biased, subjective american response?

even though america smells as bad as the great satan to some folks, she has never been harsh

with her little devils stinking up the country every which way they want with their craziness.

"The bigger the lie the more they believe"

yup, that's me - as trusting as they come and proud of it.

that's what makes american products most loved the world over (8 of top ten global brands are american)

that's what makes americans most admired the world over

(all kids - including the haters - drink coke, eat at macdonald's, wear jeans, and chase the american dream)

that's what make america strong

by the way, that was a good movie clip.

oh sweet naivete

i trust you too, joe.

and it comes from the american capability

to intercept a sucker punch

and blow you out of the sky.

yup, that's me - as trusting as they come and proud of it.

that's what makes american products most loved the world over (8 of top ten global brands are american)

that's what makes americans most admired the world over

(all kids - including the haters - drink coke, eat at macdonald's, wear jeans, and chase the american dream)

that's what make america strong

by the way, that was a good movie clip.

Coke, Big Mac ... yep quality products no doubt you should be proud (*irony which you won't understand as a yank*)

• Like 2

i trust you too, joe.

and it comes from the american capability

to intercept a sucker punch

and blow you out of the sky.

lol, sucker punch...are you referring to being blindsided, or punching a sucker?

Keep digging and you'll find the rot just like the rest of us that have looked, jaws dropped, and walked away shaking their heads at the atrocious nature behind the unfolding events.

Avoiding a suckerpunch is a quality of awareness, I don't understand how one could see something exclusively American in it.

• Like 2

Coke, Big Mac ... yep quality products no doubt you should be proud (*irony which you won't understand as a yank*)

you'd better believe it.

they are a whole lot better quality that the shit they eat over there.

ask anthony bourdain

you'd better believe it.

they are a whole lot better quality that the shit they eat over there.

ask anthony bourdain

"In Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain describes how his love of food was kindled in France, when he tried his first oyster on an oyster fisherman's boat as a youth, while on a family vacation."

... after which he rushed back to the states for a burger and fries washed down with Sprite. yep.

lol, sucker punch...are you referring to being blindsided, or punching a sucker? Keep digging and you'll find the rot just like the rest of us that have looked, jaws dropped, and walked away shaking their heads at the atrocious nature behind the unfolding events. Avoiding a suckerpunch is a quality of awareness, I don't understand how one could see something exclusively American in it.

i know the "rot" is there.

don't be naive, joe.

do you really believe that you are living in a democracy?

it's a free market, pal.

when you have little or no net worth

all you want to do is blow that whistle.

to get attention.

"In Kitchen Confidential, Bourdain describes how his love of food was kindled in France, when he tried his first oyster on an oyster fisherman's boat as a youth, while on a family vacation."

... after which he rushed back to the states for a burger and fries washed down with Sprite. yep.

so, you read cookbooks. do you even know how to dish up a grass-fed piedmont gourmet burger?
Edited by narveen

so, you read cookbooks. do you even know how to dish up a grass-fed piedmont gourmet burger?

Do you want the grass-fed piedmont burger meal, or just the burger? the meal comes with onion rings or chicken nuggets on the side.

i know the "rot" is there.

don't be naive, joe.

do you really believe that you are living in a democracy?

it's a free market, pal.

when you have little or no net worth

all you want to do is blow that whistle.

to get attention.

free market is every bit the fantasy democracy is. Every bit the fantasy the republic was. When the string pullers purposefully break the price discovery mechanism there is no way you can have anything resembling a true free market.

It's not about net worth, its about constitutional abuse. It's just that the money silences most. I sed to want to defend the ideals, I still do...but when you realize how far away from the ideals and the trajectory is only carrying the lot further away from them...why say anything that could be construed as preserving the status quo?

• Like 2

The documentary Coca Cola tried to censor!!

http://www.mndaily.com/1998/04/03/letters-editor

U should get Coke off campus
I noticed on the first day of the new quarter that one of the Coke banners hanging on the footbridge in front of Coffman Union had disappeared.
At first it seemed a radical step -- possibly to push back an unwarranted corporate signage encroachment. Then I thought that maybe the spirited action was in remembrance of the more than a dozen Guatemalan labor organizers who, like the Coke sign, were also "disappeared" or murdered in a Coke factory during the United States' corporate-led war on Central America's poor in the 1980s.
In light of such a symbolically loaded gesture, students at the University should pay attention to a whole litany of similarly destructive yet largely unknown Coca-Cola initiatives.
Coke is currently a leading sponsor and financial supporter of the ruthless Abacha regime in Nigeria, which has jailed members of the elected government and continues to slaughter indigenous people in the quest for corporate profit. Coke has monocultural Minute-Maid plantations in the once abundantly forested Brazil and Honduras. Coke has held 50,000 acres of Belizean rain forest with the plans to clear-cut it. A Coke bottling plant is polluting the Tiete river in Brazil and Coke is planning another bottling plant in the Sierra Do Japi environmental sanctuary -- also in Brazil.
Coke reneged on the promise it made eight years ago to use recycled plastic in its bottles and now the mega-corporation ignores widespread claims that it's a major factor in the collapse of the soda bottle recycling market.
Around the world Coke has aggressively pushed its unhealthy drinks to the detriment of the poorest people -- an epidemic health problem called "commerciogenic malnutrition." Coca-Cola has been cited by the Federal Trade Commission for misleading advertising.
Students should be especially concerned since Coke already has a history of intimidation of critical thinkers. In Mexico the rector of the University of Queretaro was fired for defending an open-minded professor against attacks by a local Coke affiliate.
In Atlanta in the late 1980s the editor of the Journal-Constitution was forced to resign after a member of the Coke board of directors criticized an article exposing grand jury investigation of Coke's criminal activity. Just recently a high school student was suspended for wearing a Pepsi T-shirt to an Orwellian "School Coke-Day."
All this damning evidence, which is just the tip of the iceberg, strongly suggests that the University is eligible to terminate its Coke contract, since already Coke fails "to perform one or more of its material duties" under the exclusive beverage and sponsorship agreement. That duty is "to enhance the quality of the student experience."
But Coke, through a Minneapolis-based public relations firm, is also pursuing other exclusive campus contracts across the nation. Fortunately many campuses are preventing the further loss of democratic inquiry at their schools.
The supposed $28 million our school is to gain from this deal is very misleading, since more than 50 percent of that amount is in corporate subsidies such as marketing and deductions, including free use of the University's trademark for off-campus Coke promotion. The rest of the money is premised on projected sale increases to Coke's new captive audience of supposed problem solvers.
Here's a noncommercial toast to free thought, health, the environment and labor: Boycott Coke and get Coke off campus!

Drew Hempel,graduate student,liberal studies

http://killercoke.org/

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

The local fire depts use coca cola to clean blood up off the highway accidents. Literally because there's no better cleaner.upper. That shit'll dissolve the flesh from your bones if you marinate long enough in it.

• Like 1

This one cracks me up. Don't know if it's real or not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I have few regrets this life, but one is that I drank that shit for my entire youth up to about 30.

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would be, drop the soda and the dairy dude.

• Like 1

The Oxycontin craze - now the number one drug killer in the U.S.

show starts at 5 mns

Edited by pythagoreanfulllotus
  • Like 1

The local fire depts use coca cola to clean blood up off the highway accidents. Literally because there's no better cleaner.upper. That shit'll dissolve the flesh from your bones if you marinate long enough in it.

I was told that Coca Cola is a fine remedy for dissolving kidney stones. Just chug 1 liter and all is well.

This one cracks me up. Don't know if it's real or not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

I have few regrets this life, but one is that I drank that shit for my entire youth up to about 30.

If I could go back and give myself some advice it would be, drop the soda and the dairy dude.

I gave up soda after seeing pantera in 2001. Got a big mt dew after the show and omg the syrupeyness did nothing for my extreme.thirst, rather the opposite. But I couldn't leave to get a water during the show since we snuck into the pit area to begin with.

Interesting on the kd stones...

• Like 1