mewtwo

is time real does it exist?

Smart people, like Cosmologists Steven Hawking and Jim Hartle in their No-Boundary theory, say that since time loses characteristics that separate it from space, the concept of a beginning in time becomes meaningless. There is no BigBang, no singularity, creation or creator, because there is no time.

Buddhas said, "A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real."

"Existence really is an imperfect tense that never becomes a present." Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change is an illusion of the senses due to motion. There is no change whatsoever in the universe. There is only an illusion of change set up by the two interchanging lights (positive and negative) that divide and multiply within moving matter and mass." Walter Russell

"From beginningless time until now, all living beings have mistaken themselves for things and, having lost the original mind, are turned around by things." Buddha, Shurangama sutra

"Phenomenally, we can know no present, as it must be in the ‘past’ before our senses can complete the process of recording it, leaving only a suppositional past and future; noumenally, there is no question of ‘past’ or ‘future,’ but only a presence that knows neither ‘time’ nor ‘space.’ " Wei Wu Wei

"There is no present in time; and thus, because the present is, there is no time." VMarco

"Fear is not of the present, but only of the past and future" ACIM

"The world of time and space is a projection." Robert Monroe

• Like 1

no it isnt real, and so it doesnt exist.

fun, eh.

An thus, the first Lojong proverb says, treat everything you perceive as a dream. This is a preparation for bodhicitta. Once one realizes that everything perceived (everything imagined from the 6 senses) is a dream,...and that dreams do not exist (that is, exist = to stand alone), then that which is conscious beyond the 6 senses, reveals itself.

• Like 1

Isn't that a waste of time to discuss if time exist or not? :)

I guess the number 1 lesson in estoric study is that everything is empty. Why is time any different?

I'd like to know the nature of time and how to manipulate to my advantage.

• Like 1

Me too. Extreme wizardry available only to the angelic, methinks.

Me too. Extreme wizardry available only to the angelic, methinks.

If I only had time for such things.

If its a dream, its a damn persistant one. I keep waking up to it and I spend quite a bit of time in it. Still treating the world as a dream as a metaphor and practice is useful in the don't sweat the small stuff philosophy.

But Time is real. I began this earlier, I'll finish a bit later. It'll take time to do it. No matter what my philosophy or cultivation. Time is the great river we live in. As long as we have physical bodies we are in it. We can cultivate mental attitudes where time doesn't affect our minds, ie meditational states where time flies but in reality time is passing, our bodies aging, events separated and moving down stream.

We can have a healthier relationship with the element of time, not be rushed, see things through long perspectives, but time is a force more powerful then gravity. It Is.

Possibe that outside the body we have a little more play room.

Edited by thelerner
  • Thanks 1

If its a dream, its a damn persistant one.

"Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." --- Albert Einstein

Can one really, or ever, manipulate a box from inside the box

Qigong master Jim nance can travel back in time and heal people before they got their injury! He describes the scene to the person -- of when the injury occurs - and then he goes to before it happened and then sends energy before the injury and then after the injury and then heals them again in the present time.

Precognition happens also.

Plato said Time is the image of the Eternal - but how can time be an image? We can only listen to time since it is Kala that turns to Kali or Chronos that turns to Kronos - three dimensional spacetime collapses to nonlocal consciousness as quantum physics has proven to be beyond spacetime!!!

Jim Nance also said he has 4 D vision - front , back, left and right all at the same time! haha.

• Like 3

The way we look at time is a functional abstraction which describes our experience both collectively and individually.

What the heck it is.. whether it be a function of physics, spacial-energetic relativism , etc blah blah blah doesnt matter.

So we can call it time so we eat lunch at around noon. Not knowing what it IS, doesnt imply it has no validity..it just implies we dont know from whence it arises... call that Tao if you want, the stage in which we operate.

• Like 1

Guest Jason Croft

Time is used as measurement of life.

to me, time is change, and it is change that is measured relative to something that changes in a regular set pattern. All time is relative to something. So its real, but only in a comparison way - change is a fact, but time itself is not some kind of universal law - it is a mental concept, a comparison of observable, measurable cycles. Without a mind to observe the cycles of the universe, there would be no one to note time, although change would still exist, but time itself would not be noted because it takes a reflective consciousness to observe cycles...so time is a mental model based on observable cycles, but the key point is having an observer in the first place. So time is real and not real.

So when "time slows down" and you see things in slow motion - this is because adrenaline floods the hippocampus where memories are stored.

So it's also why PTSD is from damage to the hippocampus and amgydala which processes the adrenaline.

And also old people need new adventure because time goes by too fast since their hippocampus is no longer being activated since it doesn't experience anything new.

So time experience is subjective -- too slow or too fast -- it depends on how memories are being stored.

• Like 2

I had time made very fast after I spent some time with The Luohan in the British Museum.

Really absurdly speeded up. DId he do something to my hippocampus?

Funny that some one brought this up. Just saw this on facebook today..

733995_180274982123972_1580841029_n.jpg

In my opinion, time is of the mind. A unit of pleasure to measure your treasures :P. As far as I am concerned time is not palpable, but merely meta-physical. What makes it real is the merely the 'I' or 'self' who operates with time. If your good at Lucid dreaming, you can escape time or time travel if your really good. It is merely a concept. Man does not truly know when man, himself, began recording time, as far as I know.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k
  • Like 3