mewtwo

there is no god but thats ok.

there is no god, all truth is in non-dual.

see past form that this world is illusion, what does it matter what happens when we die. if it is an all subjecting imprisoning god as in the christian traditions. That is fine. or a glob of oneness as in others. that too is fine.

this world is perfect as is, all this "religious" stuff gets in the way just abide in non-dual and understand that all is just all.

Thoughts?

... just abide in non-dual and understand that all is just all.

Thoughts?

Just one at the moment. The above is aweful damn hard to do sometimes.

i know what you mean. But i have two mantras that might help.

Im going to love and tolerate the shit out of this.

Why you are such a piece of tao.

Lol

i know what you mean. But i have two mantras that might help.

Im going to love and tolerate the shit out of this.

Why you are such a piece of tao.

Lol

Hehehe. Great return!

Ah!, but that piece of shit is just as much of Tao as is that jade up high in the mountain.

Chuang Tzu has a story regarding this.

Hi Mewtwo,

How do you "know" that there is no God?

"We" could all just be a "relative truth" in the non-duality of God/Emptiness. Kind of like "subcomponents" of all that is God.

How would that violate your theory?

Thanks, Jeff

It wouldnt, when i was typing the there is no god part i was thinking that all of the "god sightings" are part of the brain, like with holding food and such cause them to happen.

But like i said all is non-dual.

It wouldnt, when i was typing the there is no god part i was thinking that all of the "god sightings" are part of the brain, like with holding food and such cause them to happen.

But like i said all is non-dual.

Ok. Thanks.

Then what happens when more than one person "experiences/see" a "divine being" at the same place/location or time?

Also, do you believe that there is such a being as a Buddha, Christ or Immortal?

Thanks again, Jeff

It is a wonder if you can see your nature before you die, because then you will already know there is no death and that no one has ever died. That life and death are equal and awareness has never tasted a beginning is the quintessence of nondual truth.

If you yourself have the immortal nature no different that your own mind right now, you actually have the opportunity in this life to experience miraculous awareness on its terms.

If you can see your nature during your lifetime, then nothing created can touch you… including that thing people call a god.

• Like 2

alife1c.jpg

Classical Taoism recognizes all the gods, and all religions are within Tao. In classical Taoism, all gods exist (Christian god, Hindu gods, Greek gods, Chinese gods, etc), Each god is born in the Great Yin-Yang matrix of creation, and each forms his/her/thier own microcosm (a bubble within the larger bubble of the matrix).

Tao precedes the gods. It is non-Being, non-existence, which gives birth to the Yin-Yang energy field (the universe), Everything that has a beginning must have an end (principle of mutual arising or simultaneous creation of opposites), so the Yin-Yang matrix will collapse in some distant, distant future. The paradises are eternal for the lifespan of the presiding god. Then all things return to Tao.

Tao Precedes The Gods (All Of Them)

Edited by silas
  • Like 1

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Stephen Roberts

• Like 1

Also, do you believe that there is such a being as a Buddha, Christ or Immortal?

Thanks again, Jeff

I believe there was a Jesus Christ. The prototype of a personified Christ was developed by Paul’s followers and aristocratic admirers from the Talmud stories of Yeshua Ben Stada, the locally notorious Yeshua [Jesus] the Notzri [Nazarite]. This Jesus, born in 7 BCE during a Jupiter–Saturn conjunction, had a stepfather known as Joseph and a mother named Mary. On the eve of Passover in 28 CE, he was convicted of sedition by Pontius Pilate and subsequently hanged. His hanging was not the planned means of death, but proceeded because those who were to stone him were late. Since the end of the day was near, which would have postponed his burial until after Passover, the soldiers allowed the alternative death by hanging. Following his death, his followers dubbed him the Passover Lamb.

Actually, the term "christ" grew out of Memphite philosophy—literally, the Krst, the anointed ones, like the Risen Horus/Apis. Then in the fifth century BCE, the word Christos, referring to an "awakened one," crept into Greek subculture, and this word can be found in the works of classical writers, such as Aeschylus and Herodotus, the father of history. Curiously, this was the same time in which Siddhartha Buddha, the light of Asia, realized that religion is a man-made fabrication and a direct result or consequence of the desire for things to be other than what they are. According to recent research, many ideas in the New Testament were lifted from Buddhism.

• Like 1

There definitely is a Mother of the Universe, but you don't have to take my word for it -- I didn't know myself till She informed me.

The advantage of the shamanic venue is the elimination of the middle man. Some middle men tell you there is and others say there isn't. The ones who say there isn't remind me of the continuous consumer gods scarcity in the old Soviet block economies, while the ones who continuously push consumer gods on the market, of the corporate-government merger of this-here economy.

• Like 3

There definitely is a Mother of the Universe, but you don't have to take my word for it -- I didn't know myself till She informed me.

The advantage of the shamanic venue is the elimination of the middle man. Some middle men tell you there is and others say there isn't. The ones who say there isn't remind me of the continuous consumer gods scarcity in the old Soviet block economies, while the ones who continuously push consumer gods on the market, of the corporate-government merger of this-here economy.

Did this voice in your head remind you to take your medication? :P jk

I would love to be there at the very moment people realize that there is no God with a big white beard waiting for them at the "pearly gates."

Actually there is a one of those (beard, etc). It is the demiurge; the attendant at the veil. When you pass through he bends over so you can give his ass a swift kick~ not to be missed (its biG). haha!!

The tao recognizes no such thing; there is no thing.

There is no thing. The tao does no such thing. What does god do?

God is an attendant at the veil. What a chump. Believe in chumps do you?

ed note: add last three lines

Edited by deci belle

Did this voice in your head remind you to take your medication? :P jk

I would love to be there at the very moment people realize that there is no God with a big white beard waiting for them at the "pearly gates."

One doesn't need medication to hear voices,...a simple electrodynamic vibration is enough.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/7.11/persinger.html

I haven't heard any voices in my head that I didn't put there,...but have certainly recognized a feminine force within the cyclical universal polarization process. I just never had a need to personify it.

That's an interesting article; thanks for sharing, Vmarco.

Regarding my thoughts on the OP...

"There is no god" and "There is a god" are both the same thing - concepts that inaccurately portray reality.

Direct experience is the only way to go. And since experience is always changing, you can never completely codify "experience" into a concept, since once codified it loses the essential nature of experience and becomes static.

Actually there is a one of those (beard, etc). It is the demiurge; the attendant at the veil. When you pass through he bends over so you can give his ass a swift kick~ not to be missed (its biG). haha!!

The tao recognizes no such thing; there is no thing.

There is no thing. The tao does no such thing. What does god do?

God is an attendant at the veil. What a chump. Believe in chumps do you?

ed note: add last three lines

KG's stuff :D

Wait who're you??? LOL

Spirit sense?

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Socratic mode: ON

there is no god, all truth is in non-dual.

If you say that there's no God, it's an affirmation of truth.

And, if you add that all truth is non-dual, then you are saying that the truth "No god" is non-dual.

How could it be?

No-God is a one-sided affirmation which binds reality and negate an opposite reality.

How could it be non-dual?

see past form that this world is illusion, what does it matter what happens when we die.

You're saying that everything is an illusion: that means "life is illusion" also.

So, how could you consider death as a happening?

23098_100000778700233_6635_q.jpg

• Like 1

Never say never.

We can't know for sure so best to hedge your bets.

Either way, right or wrong nothing's lost.

This is a deeply spiritual forum full of spiritually minded posters considering that so many of us aren't exactly what might be called religious.

Can't remember who said it or where I read it but this stuck with me ....

"God's OK but some of those people claiming to work for him full-time are simply dreadful".

Well, I figured the point of meditation and chi kung was to open up enough perception to decide by yourself. Reading other's experiences and writings is supposed to help make sense of the actual experiences, right?

all this "religious" stuff gets in the way just abide in non-dual and understand that all is just all.

Thoughts?

nice to hear from you mewtwo

tumblr_m6v2l4cbRn1qe7bgko1_500.jpg

• Like 2

Of course there is a God. You only see as high as you stand, however. God may be a BMW, Lady Gaga, your wife, the sun, even yourself. Personally, I think you can see a little God in everything.

• Like 2