Aaron

Trolling and Off-topic disruptions

Trolling and Off-topic dispruptions  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should TTB enforce a policy against trolling and off-topic comments meant to disrupt topics?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have no opinion regarding this.

There were some complaints in regards to the Martin Luther King Jr. thread in that at least one post was clearly racist. However, the mods took no action. I would like to believe the mods are aware of the site rules. I am puzzled as to why bigotry and prejudice are allowed here.

• Like 2

Racism and Homophobia have had a regular overlooking here.

What about religious prejudice? Some 'bodhisattva's' here continue to slam other religions claiming that it is justified in the spirit of 'truth'...

What would be done if someone started preaching that phrenology assessments that 'prove' that the black man is more subservient than the white man were also justified, when done in the spirit of 'science'??

• Like 3

So.............any volunteers wanting to be moderators....................?

My hat's off to those who have done and do so now.

It's a no-win situation for them and it allows the rest us to enjoy a damn good spiritual internet forum with full and frank discussion within the boundaries of our own common sense.

It's not as good as real life interactions by a very long chalk but I wish to God I'd had access to something like this 30 years ago.

Use it sensibly fellow Bums!

Remember, you're talking to your Self, so:-

Go placidly amidst the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexatious to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul. With all its shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

• Like 1

Hehehe. You will never sway me with that kind of stuff. I am too secure in my life. BTW I ate some Summer Sausage yesterday. Good stuff!

Hehehe. You will never sway me with that kind of stuff. I am too secure in my life. BTW I ate some Summer Sausage yesterday. Good stuff!

What's in a Summer sausage mate?

Sounds interesting.

• Like 1

What's in a Summer sausage mate?

Sounds interesting.

Beef sausage fully cooked and preserved. Can be made with deer and turkey meat as well. Delicious when eaten with cheese and bread or crackers.

Your surmise is scientifically incorrect. There would be more food to feed the world (and a significant lowering of greenhouse gas).

That's the basic food chain - there a fewer apex predators. It's secondary school (11-16 years old) science.

Can you point to the scientific research "that proves that the eating of meat, more protein, that allowed man's brain to develop to the point where it was able to make and use tools" please?

Even birds with tiny brains use tools: -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_use_by_animals

What? How dare you suggest I am wrong! Hehehe.

No, I'm not going to do the research and present it here. I have seen enough documentaries so that I feel what I said above is correct. Nearly every documentary concerning the evolution of man now states the facts as I presented them.

And I think that even the other animals and birds that use tools are omnivours and that would account for their developed brain.

But you and anyone else can be vegetarians if you like. Freedom of choice.

• Like 1

Racism and Homophobia have had a regular overlooking here.

What about religious prejudice? Some 'bodhisattva's' here continue to slam other religions claiming that it is justified in the spirit of 'truth'...

What would be done if someone started preaching that phrenology assessments that 'prove' that the black man is more subservient than the white man were also justified, when done in the spirit of 'science'??

ralph waldo emerson surely must have been a bodhisattva too, coz "our ttb" bodhisattvas" are quoting emerson word for word. read Nature and Self Reliance by RWE. emerson never slammed anyone tho and he respected others own personal views

And....Aaron....I've just changed my vote from "No" to "Yes"....although you should of course continue to ignore my posts - in the interests of consistency. Unless, of course, you're only interested in having your own opinions reflected back to you, in which case you can delete my vote,

Well, I am still reading your posts. Sad that you changed your vote from no to yes. I thought you were a little bit of an anarchist.

• Like 1

No, I'm not going to do the research and present it here. I have seen enough documentaries so that I feel what I said above is correct. Nearly every documentary concerning the evolution of man now states the facts as I presented them.

And I think that even the other animals and birds that use tools are omnivours and that would account for their developed brain.

Appreciate that MH and I don't want to confuse you with facts when you've already made up your mind - LOL

Well, I am still reading your posts. Sad that you changed your vote from no to yes. I thought you were a little bit of an anarchist.

I actually deleted my vote MH yesterday - but don't tell anyone :ph34r:

And I'm just trolling playing with my good friend Aaron a little bit - although, I think that he might be sulking :ph34r:

I actually deleted my vote MH yesterday - but don't tell anyone :ph34r:

And I'm just trolling playing with my good friend Aaron a little bit - although, I think that he might be sulking :ph34r:

Well, my "no" vote still stands.

Aaron has his reasons for this thread. I respect them even though I don't agree with them.

• Like 1

Our shift to an agrarian society is what allowed civilization to blossom and grow in some parts of the world and stagnate in others. Watch "Guns, Germs, and Steel" it actually goes into this in-depth. As for vegetarian diets, there is really no indication that a strict vegetarian diet is any more healthy that a diet consisting of meat or visa versa. It's all about how much you eat in the end. I eat fried chicken two to three times a week, but my cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, etc are all stellar. My doctor said I'm healthy as a man half my age. I really don't eat very healthy though, I just don't eat that much. For me that's the key.

Aside- Further off-topic, but it seems to be a natural shift in this regard.

Aaron

Edited by Aaron

Appreciate that MH and I don't want to confuse you with facts when you've already made up your mind - LOL

Ha! You're not going to get away with that. Hehehe.

I challenge you: Show me the facts that prove me wrong.

Yep, I have my opinions; they are almost always based on facts as I understood them at the time and they proved to be consistent with logical thought. Yes, I have been known to change my mind, but not all that often.

Eat meat!

• Like 1

Our shift to an agrarian society is what allowed civilization to blossom and grow in some parts of the world and stagnate in others. Watch "Guns, Germs, and Steel" it actually goes into this in-depth. As for vegetarian diets, there is really no indication that a strict vegetarian diet is any more healthy that a diet consisting of meat or visa versa. It's all about how much you eat in the end. I eat fried chicken two to three times a week, but my cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, etc are all stellar. My doctor said I'm healthy as a man half my age. I really don't eat very healthy though, I just don't eat that much. For me that's the key.

Aside- Further off-topic, but it seems to be a natural shift in this regard.

Aaron

Nice to see you in this off-topic discussion with us.

And when these civilizations established themselves one of the first things they did was to domesticate whatever animals were in that area so that they would have a ready source of meat protein. Other civilizations settled near bodies of water in order to have a ready supply of fish protein.

Hi Aaron :)

Ha! You're not going to get away with that. Hehehe.

I challenge you: Show me the facts that prove me wrong.

Yep, I have my opinions; they are almost always based on facts as I understood them at the time and they proved to be consistent with logical thought. Yes, I have been known to change my mind, but not all that often.

Eat meat!

I'm not interested in proving that you're wrong MH - seriously.

I've done my best to show you the facts, as I used to think that you might be interested in them but it seems that you aren't, so why would I want to persist in the face of that conclusion?

It's extremely difficult to help someone who is seriously interested, let alone someone who clearly is not.

It's up to you to investigate the facts for yourself - if you find them interesting, do so.

If you don't, don't :)

Hi Aaron :)

I'm not interested in proving that you're wrong MH - seriously.

I've done my best to show you the facts, as I used to think that you might be interested in them but it seems that you aren't, so why would I want to persist in the face of that conclusion?

It's extremely difficult to help someone who is seriously interested, let alone someone who clearly is not.

It's up to you to investigate the facts for yourself - if you find them interesting, do so.

If you don't, don't :)

Okay, you get one point for tolerance.

(You did have a sneaky way of being tolerant though. Hehehe.)

• Like 1

Okay, you get one point for tolerance.

(You did have a sneaky way of being tolerant though. Hehehe.)

It's VERY difficult (maybe impossible) to communicate in writing MH - I'm seriously considering packing it in completely and walking away from TTB

It's VERY difficult (maybe impossible) to communicate in writing MH - I'm seriously considering packing it in completely and walking away from TTB

Ah! Yes, I saw that thread of yours in your PP forum. I don't normally even look at them anymore. But for you I made an exception. It was only then that I realized that you nor I have requested friendship. I thought we were friends.

Yes, much is missed in communicating when it is done at a distance. Up close and personal is so much easier as we can see all types of other communicating going on when we are speaking face-to-face.

I don't know your thoughts and feelings about being active here in the varous discussions. I enjoy your presence. You have presented me with numerous challenges to present myself and my thoughts in a more understandable way. I have enjoyed that.

And I appreciate that you are keeping up with my lily posts and all the "likes" you have made to that thread.

Perhaps a break of a few days or a week from TTB just to get an indication of how you 'truely' feel about being active here?

As the saying goes, You don't miss the water until the well has gone dry.

But anyhow, you need do what you need do. I enjoy you being here and you would be missed if you stop visiting and posting here.

• Like 2

Glad to see this thread is staying on topic ... which is ... er summer sausages I think ... not sure ... actually spectacles, squirrels, summer, sausages ... I'm beginning to see the pattern! the letter s.

• Like 1

Glad to see this thread is staying on topic ... which is ... er summer sausages I think ... not sure ... actually spectacles, squirrels, summer, sausages ... I'm beginning to see the pattern! the letter s.

Indeed, there are patterns within the universe. Sometimes we observe that one is the letter 's' and othertimes it is that conversations will flow their natural course and any attempt to prevent this natural flow is not Tao.

• Like 2

Indeed, there are patterns within the universe. Sometimes we observe that one is the letter 's' and othertimes it is that conversations will flow their natural course and any attempt to prevent this natural flow is not Tao.

That deserves a special TBs star ... if only there were such a thing. Very well said.

• Like 1

Of course we're friends, whether we're in each others Friends lists or not.

We're all Tao Bums aren't we? Once a Bum always a Bum. :)

(Even He Who Shall Not Be Named :excl: (sean :ph34r: - see - I didn't name him :ph34r: ) and The Mod Squad :ph34r: )

• Like 4

and some (countries) pattern may be inclined towards nuclear war... And their may not be much one can do about that. But even traffic patterns have rules to ensure 'safety'.

While I would like to argue that one just needs apply common sense that is not everyone's pattern; And that may be insight as to why we need traffic laws. So the application one is working with is part of the equation for understanding the patterns which emerge.

I would agree that we should not get caught up in judging or moralizing patterns, which I think is what happens at times. But we are stuck with where our patterns have lead us in terms of population, societal expectations, online forums, etc.

Hi Dawei,

Nice addition to the conversation. Of course, I am taking the other position therefore I can't agree with you. But others need to consider the viewpoint that you just presented.

But I will say this:

If everyone would do the right thing then there would be no need for laws. And remember, the more laws a country, or any collection of people, has the more criminals that country will have. Perfect example: The U S of A.

(Of course, we do have a lot of people who will not do the right thing so go figure.)

• Like 1