Aaron

Trolling and Off-topic disruptions

Trolling and Off-topic dispruptions  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should TTB enforce a policy against trolling and off-topic comments meant to disrupt topics?

• Yes
    • No
    • I have no opinion regarding this.

Racism and Homophobia have had a regular overlooking here.

What about religious prejudice? Some 'bodhisattva's' here continue to slam other religions claiming that it is justified in the spirit of 'truth'...

What would be done if someone started preaching that phrenology assessments that 'prove' that the black man is more subservient than the white man were also justified, when done in the spirit of 'science'??

Vmarco started a thread on the right wing prejudice against LGBT's over on the off topic area. Last night this was posted which clearly demonstrates a singling out against gay persons. Further, this post claims to be scientific fact. Some of the links are from fundamentalist groups. There are a few other posts of this nature in the thread.

Clearly posts such as these fail to mention that STD's do not discriminate but can infect anyone.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/23142-right-wing-war-against-lgbts/page-2#entry400695

• Like 1

Why summer I wonder? No biggy just curious. Summer pudding here is sloppy mixed berries usually topped with cold custard.

From Wiki: Summer sausage is any sausage that can be kept without refrigeration.

Can we stick to the subject matter as opposed to summer sausage and custard.

Well, sure. But no one was saying anything and the thread died. So two of us members had a side conversation.

Perhaps someone will wish to speak to the topic soon. If not, it can be classified as a dead thread.

• Like 2

Clearly posts such as these

Can we stick to the subject matter as opposed to summer sausage and custard.

Was the post reported?

Ralis and others here follow the LEFT hand path...

You will also notice Ralis... has aligned himself with Chaos... as per his Avatar.

photo-thumb-16882.jpg?_r=0

In The Dark Knight, The Joker refers to himself as ‘The Agent of Chaos’ . I would agree that there are periods of what I would call purposeful chaos . Times when everything fails to make sense but once the chaos has ended, a new positive period begins . The Joker is the antithesis of purposeful chaos . There is no reason or logic behind what he does, apart from some unconscious energy which drives him on to cause pain, destruction and chaos – just for the kicks

http://merovee.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/the-joker-and-the-agent-of-chaos/

I have highlighted this so others have a better understanding of the intent / motivation / doctrine of these people.

They care not about true love / morality / virtue, their whole aim is to destroy these things.

They will drag you down to hell with them... with the sweetest of words.

The terms Left-Hand Path and Right-Hand Path refer to a dichotomy between two opposing philosophies found in the Western Esoteric Tradition, which itself covers various groups involved in the occult and ceremonial magic. In some definitions, the Left-Hand Path is equated with malicious Black Magic and the Right-Hand Path with benevolent White Magic.[1] Other occultists have criticised this definition, believing that the Left-Right dichotomy refers merely to different kinds of working, and does not necessarily connote good or bad magical actions.[2]

In more recent definitions, which base themselves on the terms' origins amongst Indian Tantra, the Right-Hand Path, or RHP, is seen as a definition for those magical groups which follow specific ethical codes and adopt social convention, while the Left-Hand Path adopts the opposite attitude, espousing the breaking of taboo and the abandoning of set morality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand_path_and_right-hand_path

Wherever God erects a house of prayer,

The Devil always builds a chapel there;

And 'twill be found, upon examination,

The latter has the largest congregation.

DANIEL DEFOE, The True-Born Englishman

The devil is a cross between a really good used-car salesman and a game-show host, but with a lot more style and charm. There's a little Cary Grant thrown in there too.

RAY WISE, American Way Magazine, May 1, 2009

^ hahaha

The devil keeps man from good with a thousand machinations spewed from his belly, so that when a person sighs to do good, he pierces him with his shafts; and when he desires to embrace God with his whole heart in love, he subjects him to poisonous tribulations, seeking to pervert good work before God. And when a person seeks the viridity of virtue, the devil tells him that he does not know what he is doing, and he teaches him that he can set his own law for himself.

HILDEGARD OF BINDEN, letter to the Abbot, c. 1166

The devil has no power ... except in the dark.

CASSANDRA CLARE, City of Bones

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

Ralis and others here follow the LEFT hand path...You will also notice Ralis... has aligned himself with Chaos... as per his Avatar.photo-thumb-16882.jpg?_r=0In The Dark Knight, The Joker refers to himself as The Agent of Chaos . I would agree that there are periods of what I would call purposeful chaos . Times when everything fails to make sense but once the chaos has ended, a new positive period begins . The Joker is the antithesis of purposeful chaos . There is no reason or logic behind what he does, apart from some unconscious energy which drives him on to cause pain, destruction and chaos just for the kickshttp://merovee.wordpress.com/2012/10/04/the-joker-and-the-agent-of-chaos/I have highlighted this so others have a better understanding of the intent / motivation / doctrine of these people.They care not about true love / morality / virtue, their whole aim is to destroy these things.They will drag you down to hell with them... with the sweetest of words.The terms Left-Hand Path and Right-Hand Path refer to a dichotomy between two opposing philosophies found in the Western Esoteric Tradition, which itself covers various groups involved in the occult and ceremonial magic. In some definitions, the Left-Hand Path is equated with malicious Black Magic and the Right-Hand Path with benevolent White Magic.[1] Other occultists have criticised this definition, believing that the Left-Right dichotomy refers merely to different kinds of working, and does not necessarily connote good or bad magical actions.[2] In more recent definitions, which base themselves on the terms' origins amongst Indian Tantra, the Right-Hand Path, or RHP, is seen as a definition for those magical groups which follow specific ethical codes and adopt social convention, while the Left-Hand Path adopts the opposite attitude, espousing the breaking of taboo and the abandoning of set morality.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-hand_path_and_right-hand_path Wherever God erects a house of prayer,The Devil always builds a chapel there;And 'twill be found, upon examination,The latter has the largest congregation.DANIEL DEFOE, The True-Born Englishman The devil is a cross between a really good used-car salesman and a game-show host, but with a lot more style and charm. There's a little Cary Grant thrown in there too.RAY WISE, American Way Magazine, May 1, 2009^ hahaha The devil keeps man from good with a thousand machinations spewed from his belly, so that when a person sighs to do good, he pierces him with his shafts; and when he desires to embrace God with his whole heart in love, he subjects him to poisonous tribulations, seeking to pervert good work before God. And when a person seeks the viridity of virtue, the devil tells him that he does not know what he is doing, and he teaches him that he can set his own law for himself.HILDEGARD OF BINDEN, letter to the Abbot, c. 1166 The devil has no power ... except in the dark.CASSANDRA CLARE, City of Bones

Why not take your fundamentalist nonsense to another forum.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Why not take your fundamentalist nonsense to another forum.

Hmmmm?????..................................just guessing.....................but..........................is it because we work our way through issues here in a more civilised way than on any other forum on the internet?????

• Like 1

Good to see that we are still off topic in the off topic thread.

One day we will go off off topic ... is that the same as on topic?

• Like 1

One day we will go off off topic ... is that the same as on topic?

Good question.

BTW What have you been smoking? Hehehe.

• Like 1

The thread in question is worse than last night. There is clear prejudice on the part of the poster. I haven't reported it at this time given that I have no confidence in the mod's to take appropriate action.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/23142-right-wing-war-against-lgbts/page-3#entry401158

Bolds mine

Do you want me to report it?

If you find if insulting you can, as that is what reporting is for. I've not read the thread so I've no idea what's going on in there.

I was just wondering, since Ralis is (often/usually ?) unhappy with moderator action(s) and specifically unhappy about inaction in this case if he had brought this post to anyone's attention ... or just posted here that he was unhappy about no-action.

• Like 2

If you find if insulting you can, as that is what reporting is for. I've not read the thread so I've no idea what's going on in there.

The only people I report are spammers. All others I just get even.

BTW I have no idea what post is in question.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1