Sign in to follow this  
skydog

Forcing yourself not to preach/deliver good messages

I think when you see something in others you would desperately like to change/remove their pain, just to be aware of this, this is ones own sickness, sure one may think it might be nice to change with emphasis on an unsure might but if it is a DEFINITE MUST, this is owns one sickness and resistance

• Like 1

No , I think that feeling well and deeply balanced mentaly/emotionally/spiritualy is of utmost importance actually . We have to heal ourselves first and than only can we radiate.

If the time is right and the attempt to heal is strong and torough , as a part of cure -- realization that we are not separate and indeed interconnected will replace old disatisfactions. When that is understood than caring about others and enviroment becomes unforced and natural outcome.

As Ubuntu says: 'I am becouse you are'.

Good post also how something makes you feel, is often an indicator of whether you should be doing it.

Also perhaps selfishness is an idea/concept

Edited by sinansencer
  • Like 1

Preaching only works if it is delivered to the already converted.

This is true, I think. A person has to be 'prepared ground' in themselves, in order to truly receive what is said. And when a person is prepared, they dont need to be preached at.

• Like 6

Good post also how something makes you feel, is often an indicator of whether you should be doing it.

Also perhaps selfishness is an idea/concept

It is a good indicator if the feelings are balanced , awerness is sharp and intuition bare/uncovered.

If not than there may be some trouble sometimes or often depending on the person. :-)

If someone feels that they should press the button that may destroy whole of the earth , is this feeling a good indicator ? Similary lives get destroyed psychologically all the time -- 'becouse someone is pressing the wrong button'. Worst thing is that this situation has a serious potential of domino effect and literally destroys lives .

Also have look at what we are doing to earth these days for example .

We would not fart loudly in public place , but we would allow building dams where most important forests grow , so that they get destroyed. We would allow oil digging in a natural place that has been worshiped by many people as spot of power for centuries.... We would just take and take selfishly.

On another hand yes I agree , selfishness is idea in a way . The reason we build these walls made out of ideas is that -- they keep our inner beasts in check. Lets not pretend , it keeps life alive.

Some of those walls, however, should never crossed by most of the people .

This is not moralising , but our deeper common sense (notice the word common , as in our interconnected sense of larger 'me').

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

I've learned (largely from getting banned from almost every "spiritual" forum on the web) to observe the conversation in-depth before contributing any thoughts to the mix, that these contributions largely agree with the course of conversation and do not distract from the original question or position/statement.

Of course, this only works online where everything that is said is saved.

In reality, amongst other people.... i dont have any real speech filter on these blasphemous lips of mine!

• Like 2

In a personal conversation, there are moments when the time is proper to speak, when the spoken words are appropriate, and will be properly recieved to the benefit of another. Preaching is like letting the rain fall; in some places, it is beneficial, in others, it does no good, and still others will suffer harm from the excess of water. Not all teachings are for all students.

Better to say nothing, than to say the wrong thing - I should heed that advice more!

• Like 6

The Tao Te Ching states that the Sage teaches through example, not through words. I take that to heart. I don't try to explain what I am to anyone. On forums, where like minded people congregate, I will share my understanding and beliefs, but I try very hard to remember that everyone is entitled to believe what they want, even if I might view it as being wrong or harmful. In the end it's our responsibility to care for ourselves and it is our decision to care for those who can't care for themselves. Even then we should only intercede if what is happening is causing them actual harm, and not just perceived harm.

Aaron

• Like 3

Aaron, I tend toward the "by example" mode of communication, but it's hard to persist when one also knows it is the least attended mode of communication; that people ignore it so much more easily than all the negative means of enforcing leadershit.

• Like 1

LOL, funny this should come up, hmm Sin.

I am Christian to other Christians, this is how I grew up. They love to 'save' you. This means a lot to me to see this, it is becoming rare anymore. Faith and a good moral foundation is disappearing now days and they might care about me too.

I let them preach to me often and I ask questions that slowly get harder but they are things I want to know about their band.

Note, never tell a 'Holy roller' ya talked to a Jehovah's Witness.

• Like 1

LOL, funny this should come up, hmm Sin.

I am Christian to other Christians, this is how I grew up. They love to 'save' you. This means a lot to me to see this, it is becoming rare anymore. Faith and a good moral foundation is disappearing now days and they might care about me too.

I let them preach to me often and I ask questions that slowly get harder but they are things I want to know about their band.

Note, never tell a 'Holy roller' ya talked to a Jehovah's Witness.

Thanks for sharing...yeh...

I think most of us have this sickness of trying to save others come up once in a while trick to probably control it lol

• Like 1

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/david-icke-is-not-the-messiah-or-even-that-naughty-but-boy-can-he-drone-on-8229433.html

David Icke's the lad for a proper preach.

11-hours solid he did at Wembley to 6,000 people and never once referred to notes.

Now that my friends is a sermon.

I don't agree with Ickey on anything he says but you just gotta love the guy for the way, and the length; that he goes about saying it.

http://www.independe...on-8229433.html

David Icke's the lad for a proper preach.

11-hours solid he did at Wembley to 6,000 people and never once referred to notes.

Now that my friends is a sermon.

I don't agree with Ickey on anything he says but you just gotta love the guy for the way, and the length; that he goes about saying it.

That made me laugh, icke has some interesting and some things i dont find accurate but yeh..

11-hours and he never paused once, not even to take a wizz!

The guy is seriously dedicated to his message.

Respect.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing...yeh...

I think most of us have this sickness of trying to save others come up once in a while trick to probably control it lol

It's not a sickness, rather anyone who believes they have the truth should feel compelled to spread that truth, otherwise they are most likely a very callous and uncaring person. However if one is doing it solely because they feel compelled by doctrine or ideology, then that is not the right reason. I can usually tell the genuinely faithful from the dutiful practitioner.

With that said, if someone tells me they're feeling depressed, I don't ignore that, I try to help them out by offering my own life experience dealing with depression. If someone says they are having doubts regarding the existence of God, I offer my experience there. The difference is that I don't see people as being flawed and in need of fixing, so I don't consciously go out and try to fix people. However if someone is suffering I do everything in my power to try and alleviate that suffering.

Aaron

• Like 3

11-hours and he never paused once, not even to take a wizz!

The guy is seriously dedicated to his message.

Respect.

I wonder where he gets his energy from.

I wonder where he gets his energy from.

I love to listen to David Icke ... especially when he does that 'wake up people' thing ....

I love to listen to David Icke ... especially when he does that 'wake up people' thing ....

He's a remarkable intelligent man.

Ickey was a tidy soccer player in his day too. Had he not been injured out we'd have seen him right at the top of the game I reckon.

If you factor out the whackier stuff like lizards and such then, for my money; it's hard to argue against the actual core of what the guy is saying.

Rich self-interest cartels are royally screwing the rest of us whilst we sit back and let 'em do it.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

I read a David Icke book today actually skimmed it.

He mentioned his book is multidimensional so he needs to address ways people control others and how to increase spirituality, he also discusses not to be bitter about the world.

Actually he almost seems like some kind of genius not 100% sure about the lizards thing but I do think aliens are pretty damn likely

On further offtopic discussion I read a book about atlantis today well a few skimming again, I thought it might be true but who knows, my conclusion now is what the hell do they teach us in school lol

I reckon it might often take really 'out there' ideas to get people to look differently at the way things are. But then the people still have to have some kind of momentum after all the 'WTF aliens and lizards???' stuff. Otherwise it's just like going to church, albeit an entertaining stadium of a church.

The lizards walk amongst us.

Beware the lizards!

:ph34r:

I quite like lizards, the ones we had in our bedroom walls in India kept the mosquitoes down.

Ickey does no harm if he's doing no good and it's nice to see the lad getting a bit of a following.

He was treated like a living joke by the media for years.

I'll never forget Terry Wogan (who I like really) saying to Ickey on TV...

'They are not laughing with you David. They are laughing at you'.

That was harsh.

Sign in to follow this