Lindelani Mnisi

Are planets chakras?

When I read some of Michael Winn's more esoteric articles, I get the answer- Yes. I don't understand but in some systems, somehow..yes.

If you're really interested, you should post the question on the HealingTao usa's forum, then come back with the answers you get.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Exoterically there were originally seven planets. Sometimes called planetary governors. Esoterically relating to the 7 chakras in the human body.

Microcosm inside, and the macrocosm being outside.

I quite like that atomic model that visualises each solar system as maybe a single atom in and of, but not in any way measuring, an infinitely unimaginable; greater something.

How do I find this usa?

Here's a link the HT usa website: http://healingtaousa.com/

There is an article in the article section called: Magic Numbers, Planetary Tones and the Energy Body as Musical Instrument

that had some of his ideas on the subject. I can't open it up right now, but as I recall it talked about the link between Planetary Tones and Chakras. i think.

It has a pretty active forum too.

Adept why no?

Planets are large balls of rock and gas, orbiting a sun.

Chakras are imaginary vortexes of energy within the body without any physical location.

Chakras are imaginary vortexes of energy within the body without any physical location.

A friend who used Franz Bardon's Hermetics system has insisted that the planets are self aware, and a great source to interact with for energy or information. I suppose it doesn't matter if I don't have the skill to determine for myself. As for chakras, that's also up to the individual to decide. Although more than often those without the skill to check on something for themself tend to lend the most certainley concrete information on subjects. Sometimes they even bold for emphasise.

Edited by Mokona

its funny that some people think chakras are imaginary, because the native americans, australian aborigines, vedic rishis, and celtic seers all must have had the same "imaginary" insights

• Like 1

Not necessarily.

Across the world there are many different words for 'rain' .

It rains, people need a word to describe what's happening.

Rain may not have a word for itself but it does not need a describer in order for it to be.

The word 'rain' is not, of itself; rain.

its funny that some people think chakras are imaginary, because the native americans, australian aborigines, vedic rishis, and celtic seers all must have had the same "imaginary" insights

Has anybody, upon medical examination, been told that they have an enlarged chakra ? :D

These concepts, which I agree are useful and are practiced in different cultures around the world, are nevertheless products of the mind and as a result are 'imaginary'. They don't physically exist, just like the meridians in qi work and internal medicine.

Edited by adept

Are we dealing with associations of things (chakras, planets, plants, colours)? I would tend to say that this is more likely. So why the associations? Are these things on the same 'level' as each other in some way? Symbolic 'only'? Do they affect each other? I would put this discussion up in the Hermetic forum because I don't have enough to go on re Taoism, although to the extent of what I have understood, it also classes types of qi (5E etc) and describes interactions between things (ganying?)

Yet dig a little deeper chakras spin, earth spins, chakras have a vortex, the earth has an active magnetic field that looks like vortex coming through the poles that make life here possible.

Adept could be right, we don't have good measurement tools for such 'energy', but thats not to say we never will. Maybe chakras themselves are our creations, just mental mantras aimed at a specific body location. We tend to treat our inner guts as mechanical pieces we have little control of.

Something is happens to some people who've spent years doing chakra meditation. It could be a positive result of developing greater body awareness.

http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic46659.files/Cosmic_Resonance_Theory.htm

Can't vouch for the reliability of the interpretation and i also think the part about the spleen being 'wood' phase is wrong but I figure it's interesting.

Language is tricky. If a 'chakra' is indeed meant to refer only to a specific mode of energy or movement then they could probably be found all over the place per The Lerner's suggestion.

Just to add a little about what chakras are..

Chakras recieve and transform prana. Prana travels through nadis -- pranic chanells. Wherever nadis meet chakrs form. There are so many chakras , becouse there are so many nadis, but main ones are located in spinal coloumn .

Chakras are among other things coneccted to different planets.

Edited by suninmyeyes

adept, its semantic, but i think you're using the word imaginary in an incorrect way.

IMAGINARY - adj. - existing only in the imagination or fancy; not real; fancied

because it means not real. Simply because science does not yet have the appropriate instrumentation to measure the properties of said vortices does not mean that they are not real. For interesting scientific testament to the reality of chakras, i suggest reading the third section of Swami Satyananda Saraswati's Kundalini Tantra, which deals largely with the forays of cutting-edge scientists in Japan and Europe into the world of subtle energy. They found some things which might shock you.

Or maybe you accept the subtle anatomy of humans as real, youre just using the word imaginary wrong. :) Either way its a good book.

best

How about BOTH imaginary AND real? Money is a great example of something with both characteristics, I think.

• Like 1