Thunder_Gooch

You Meet A Wizard

The Wizard offers you one of two potions.

The first potion guarantees you perfect health and youth for 1000 years, but crushing poverty for those 1000 years. You live hungry, dirty and unbathed and as an outcast from society.

The second potion offers you obscene wealth but it will make you sleep 22 hours a day for the rest of your life, leaving just a small window each day to enjoy your riches. You watch as your life passes you by quickly.

You are forced to choose one or the other, and walking away from the offer results in eternal torture till you choose one of the two potions.

Which of these two options, which do you choose, and why?

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Eh, still first one then, guess I will have to live like a college student for a thousand years

Maybe I can use these thousand years to become a stinkin' wizard!

The first potion guarantees you perfect health and youth for 1000 years, but crushing poverty for those 1000 years. You live hungry, dirty and unbathed and as an outcast from society.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take the first one try to appear on tv twice during the 1000 year kill someone and try a perpetual prison.

Edited by Homserat Tember

I reach out, sieze the wizard's collarbone, seperate it and slash it's carotid artery with the sharp end, smash the two potions, and go on my way.

I reach out, sieze the wizard's collarbone, seperate it and slash it's carotid artery with the sharp end, smash the two potions, and go on my way.

lol in other words you don't have an answer for the question but you wanted to answer anyway? :P

lol in other words you don't have an answer for the question but you wanted to answer anyway? :P

I'm a great fan of taking 'option three', when there are only two options :)

I walk my own path; this wizard fellow was giving me two paths or death. It's merely an act of self defense.

I'm a great fan of taking 'option three', when there are only two options :)

I walk my own path; this wizard fellow was giving me two paths or death. It's merely an act of self defense.

How about:

Reach out , smash the two potions and go on my Way?

The wizard will cast a spell of eternal torture worse than death until you choose option 1 or 2.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

:lol: And just how can a potion guarantee poverty? bestowed with hunger but guaranteed good health??

my bullshit detector would wake me up from such a dream :lol:

• Like 1

The wizard will cast a spell of eternal torture worse than death until you choose option 1 or 2.

Oh, that changes everything. In that case, I pat the wizard on his head, hand him his two potions, and let him choose for himself ... then go on my Way :)

Immobilise Wizard using MA or a sturdy stick whichever is easiest.

Steal both potions.

Dilute potions greatly then sell via e-Bay for many dollars a dose.

Buy house next door to Simon Cowell and live like a nabob on illicit gains.

• Like 2

That would just rebound onto himself

Okay, I'll play by the rules...

I would choose the second potion, and use my power (money) to make the world a better place. I would really shake up the system. In my two hours of wakefulness a day, I would hire people to do this, and I would overlook the operations for a small period of that 2 hours to ensure it was going in the right direction and mistakes weren't being made.

For a portion of my time, lets say an hour, I would enjoy simple things that I like (such as tea) and be close to nature.

Knowing I had made a choice in line with my conscience, that I had helped others and lived simply for myself, enjoying the good things, I'd be able to live and die in peace.

• Like 3

I think Sinfest had the best out of the box answer, though I initially thought along GrandmasterP's thinking about over powering the wizard. Take'em both, drink the 2nd, enjoy the wealth, when ready give $$ to kids or trusted advisor, drink the first live long and healthy outside of civilization, a true Taoist, almost immortal.

Okay, I'll play by the rules...

I would choose the second potion, and use my power (money) to make the world a better place. I would really shake up the system. In my two hours of wakefulness a day, I would hire people to do this, and I would overlook the operations for a small period of that 2 hours to ensure it was going in the right direction and mistakes weren't being made.

For a portion of my time, lets say an hour, I would enjoy simple things that I like (such as tea) and be close to nature.

Knowing I had made a choice in line with my conscience, that I had helped others and lived simply for myself, enjoying the good things, I'd be able to live and die in peace.

This is pretty good too.. maybe this'd be the way to go. I probably waste most of my time anyway. Edited by thelerner

I already waste an inordinate amount of time trying to keep my mind from going into overdrive. I'll take the rich and sleepy option.

..., and walking away from the offer results in eternal torture till you choose one of the two potions.

This would be my first choice.

In that state, I'd probably sooner or later decide for potion 2. Or maybe find a new solution that opens up in that state. Since it's eternal torture, but the wizard will eventually die, so his magic spell might end then.

Edited by Owledge

Ask a cat if she would spend her life sleeping 22 hours while having her every whim catered to in the remaining 2.

I would take the second potion, have my every whim catered to in the 2 waking hours, and spend the remaining 22 mastering all the ancient arts of dreaming in the world to absolute perfection. This would take me to realms and adventures beyond imagination, to cultivation practices of the highest order, to the Dark Mother, to all the timelines I meant to visit but just couldn't find the time, the multiverse is my oyster. Where's that wizard? Why is he wasting his time peddling his goods to the wrong market?

• Like 2