Basher

Do You Have A Hidden Agenda ?

soley

solely

or even

soully (?)

I think it's soully, a baby soul. Not Laozi's baby who hasn't learned to smile yet, but the "young soul" of infantile soli-psism that hasn't learned yet it's not the sole soul that matters. So it spends its time playing soli-taire, all the while informing other souls, the ones who have already grown up enough to learn to play with each other, that they don't know how.

That is either very funny or you need to learn to spell 'solely'.

My hidden agenda was to get Apech to correct VMarco's spelling. It all started many decades ago and it required meticulous planning and almost mind boggling logistics, but I finally succeeded. I thought it would be more fulfilling, but honestly, I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself now. Sigh... not having an agenda makes me feel naked.

Aaron

Sigh... not having an agenda makes me feel naked.

Aaron

Most folks agenda is to clothe themselves :)

• Like 1

soley

solely

or even

soully (?)

Soulestrial would be the better Taoist followup,...sort of bringing the useless childish (almost bullyish) play on words back to something more profound.

V

Edited by Vmarco

My hidden agenda was to get Apech to correct VMarco's spelling. It all started many decades ago and it required meticulous planning and almost mind boggling logistics, but I finally succeeded. I thought it would be more fulfilling, but honestly, I just don't know what I'm going to do with myself now. Sigh... not having an agenda makes me feel naked.

Aaron

You forgot the evil laugh...

Aaron

It's nice to see that you set yourself a meaningful goal ... and what's more achieved such a great result. What will be next I wonder? Where do you go from here? You need that agenda. You cannot run naked through the streets of TaoBumland forever.

No,...I have no desire for philosophy,...the love of wisdom,...that is, wisdom as in an accumulation of knowledge.

I walked away from philosophy in the mid-80's, following a private dinner with the Dept Heads of two US University's. After dinner we were to play a few rounds of pinochle,...they spend nearly two hours philosophizing on the rules,...not unlike the useless circular arguments of several here on TTB.

Of course we are media-ted to put philosophers on pedestals,...but can anyone name a single philosopher who "awakened" or understood the Tao? Philosophy, by the very definition of the word, has no interest in reality,...only wisdom.

Wisdom literary means: knowledge accumulated through philosophic, (and since Descartes) scientific learning. No one desireous to understand truth could possibly maintain an interest in philosophy.

V

You must really really misunderstand Descartes and his work. He gave logical evidence to subjective reality with 3 simple words.

Lao Tzu was a philosopher, as was Buddha and Jesus, and before them was Socrates, Aristotle, and Plato.

Most of what you type is philosophy or history. Buddhism is philosophy for the most part. (imo)

Edited by Informer
  • Like 2

You must really really misunderstand Descartes and his work. He gave logical evidence to subjective reality with 3 simple words.

Lao Tzu was a philosopher, as was Buddha and Jesus, and before them was Socrates, Aristotle, and Plato.

Most of what you type is philosophy or history. Buddhism is philosophy for the most part. (imo)

Three simple words? Was it ... "I love you"? Cos if so, he lied.

I set (friendly) traps for cats so they will post stuff I'm (narrowly) interested in.

I should add, it doesn't work.

we all have hidden agendas, don't be silly.

some of us hide them from ourselves, some from others, some from both, but i can't think of anyone without some undercurrent of agenda coursing through their psyches

im actually a scientologist just WAITING for someone to express interest so i can hook them

i get 20,000usd off my next level teachings for each new convert

doesn't save me much but every penny counts right

right

long live L Ron

what? he's dead?

crap

• Like 1

Dear All,

as a very recent "Poster" on this Forum, I'm delighted to read a great deal of the Posts... as they are usually educational, interesting, thought provocking and / or entertaining. B)

But I've already read a lot of Negative comments about various people / subjects. :rolleyes:

You know the kind of thing... "I've been practising "XYZ" for 10 years and if you've been doing "ZYX" then you're just a fool wasting your time :excl: "

If you treat everybody else with Contempt, purely because they disagree with you & your views. then I'd suggest that you're actually not practising the Taoism you preach (if you know what I mean). ;)

Basher

Oh indeed practising left-handed Taoism and do the job of The devils advocate

to trigger the selfreflection. The difficult situation are the different goals here

and the complication to reach the goal. In fact walking this road is "blind" guessing, assumption and even divination because of the subtle Arts having the connection of "where we come from, who we are and where we go".

The road is full of many things and the same road can lead you away from the goal

or realize that it isnt the goal. All the comments are taking with a grain of salt

as well the critism will reduce and narrow the choices for Qualitymanagment ... well some seek the odd things but thats another story...

Here is a try to exchange of technology information to make use of the resources of ones existence in the subtle existence of a being and information sadly can be fake, rumors and assumption or even a distraction - as well it could be a mistake, a code or even a part depending on the Agenda.

Here in the forum ....try to filter out the vast information of individuals

about the effective ways and people and "some are not or limited"

It is a tester space where at times one can ask some providers of the offer,

some do resell. The goodies are quite exquisite belonging to wishes which are made of components dreams are made of : Longevity, enlightment,latent powers, things which

take half life of ones resources and belongings- as well sacrifices.

To accept something one not haven seen yet one has to believe-to believe something one need trust and it is easy to loose trust when the evidence lacks.

"Every way leads to Rome.

Every way leads as well out of Rome."

"Surely you want to reach Rome alive and healthy

... in your lifetime."

Best

Q

Ah,...if you had any grasp of Lao Tzu or Buddha, you would understand that neither was a philosopher. Of course philosophers love Cogito ergo sum,...for Lao Tzu and Buddha, I can feel them shaking their with a smile,...smiling at how the ignorant put the I am before the i think. But then, that is the nature of ignorance.

V

Ah,...if you had any grasp of Lao Tzu or Buddha, you would understand that neither was a philosopher. Of course philosophers love Cogito ergo sum,...for Lao Tzu and Buddha, I can feel them shaking their with a smile,...smiling at how the ignorant put the I am before the i think. But then, that is the nature of ignorance.

V

philosopher[fi-los-uh-fer]  

phi·los·o·pher [fi-los-uh-fer]

noun

1.a person who offers views or theories on profound questions in ethics, metaphysics, logic, and other related fields.

2.a person who is deeply versed in philosophy.

3.a person who establishes the central ideas of some movement, cult, etc.

4.a person who regulates his or her life, actions, judgments, utterances, etc., by the light of philosophy or reason.

5.a person who is rationally or sensibly calm, especially under trying circumstances.

That is strawman with an ad-hominem attack in insinuation btw. Grow up.

Edited by Informer

Like I said,...neither Lao Tzu or Buddha were philosophers. You're a philospher, Jesus the Notzri was a philosopher, Socrates, Aristotle, and Plato were philosophers. In fact, so great was Aristotle, that the delusion of Aristotelian logic still pervades religion and science.

Of course to prove my statement to be true, one would have to follow the intructions left by Lao Tzu and Buddha. Those instructions are quite clear and simple.

As Lao Tzu said, "Recognize that eveything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth."

Lao Tzu said, "the ego is a monkey catapulting through the jungle; totally fascinated by the realm of the senses....if anyone threaten it, it actually fears for its life. Let this monkey go. Let the senses go."

Buddha's instructions were similiar. "As soon as one sense-organ returns to the source, All the six are liberated."

Unfortunately for philosopher's,...they need their 6 senses in order to philosophize.

V

Say's you . . . and your circular logic with a conclusion with you being the authority which is mislead because you are far from it, imo. Obviously 6 senses are generally used to communicate in any manner.? Non were above using the senses to communicate, or we would just know it through telepathy.

It is the topic matter that is being communicated by these person's that is the point. Not the red herring you presented.

The reason you don't understand Descartes is because you see it as Cartesian Materialism, which it is not. Cartesian Materialism is a STRAWMAN argument against Descartes, that was not his stance.

Edited by Informer

Informer + Vmarco

good debate / finding it very interesting!

in terms of 6 senses? I don't understand why we must "destory" / ignore (the impossible) them

I use senses all the time to go deeper into meditation? eg: breath, sounds, feeling...

its all about concentration and focus not about doing being nothing?

don't all the senses descend from awareness / consciousness anyway? the "highest"? If the Tao didnt have sense neither would we? its inherent in all creation... and for it to be inherent in creation it would have to be inherent in creator... a creator can not creator what creator is not.

its like earth to water to fire to air to ether to...

focus, refinement, transcendence

?

my agenda is to find out what my agenda is / I think at present it is to "kill the buddha" ?

My hidden agenda is to get everybody to practice Qigong while watching movies. The only exception would be the horse stance. Watching movies while in the horse stance would be absolutely stupid.

My hidden agenda is to get everybody to practice Qigong while watching movies. The only exception would be the horse stance. Watching movies while in the horse stance would be absolutely stupid.

Wuzzaaaaaaaaaaat? :lol:

• Like 1

Unless you are watching a Western. Then it makes sense...