mYTHmAKER

YIN YANG and the TEN THOUSAND THINGS

Actually that that taiji is spinning so fast that it looks like it's spinning clockwise :lol:

AND NOW TO DRAW THE TEN THOUSAND THINGS!!!

Very Impressive MythMaker! A good reflection of your practice.

I hope you get that large space to showcase your work.

PS. I am back in NYC, hope to see you around the groovy columbus park. all the best.

Very Impressive MythMaker! A good reflection of your practice.

I hope you get that large space to showcase your work.

PS. I am back in NYC, hope to see you around the groovy columbus park. all the best.

wonders if there will be an art auction?!

just in case i will bid a nickle-two-ninetyeight for the thunder trigram and i am prepared to bid higher!

wonders if there will be an art auction?!

just in case i will bid a nickle-two-ninetyeight for the thunder trigram and i am prepared to bid higher!

How about a truckload of 100 year old ginseng :)

If I ever get to posters will let you know

• Like 1

"If I ever get to posters will let you know"

ok, and remember i was the first poster to inquire about these :)

I made them by reading and meditating on each hexagram

It took me 5 years to complete the 80 paintings

They can't be anything but personal

Meditation allows one to tap into the source where basically everyone is the same-

there is only one - so while being personal hopefully others will relate o them on some level.

If you have any specific questions I can try to answer without being mundane.

A direct meaning, such as this means this etc, can spoil the experience as that becomes all one will see andthey will miss the inner connection. You see something you have never seen before - it is full of wonder. You give it a name and the wonder is gone. smile.gif

Very fascinating art works.

I used to consult the I Ching a lot. Started with the initiation into the I Ching in my undergrad days by a Professor of Philosophy in the Arts department.

I found I had a strong rapport with the I Ching,whether my using the yarrow stalks or the 3 coins. Kind of strange when the probabilities are different using one or the other.

My personal preference was for the yarrow stalks. I could not get yarrow stalks, so I used bamboo skewers but with the sharp ends cut blunt. But I still call it the yarrow stalks.

I Ching was like a good wise friend. That I talked to now and then. Then I got older amd in Taiwan with fluency in Chinese, I got to know of a Chinese proverb Sai Ong See Ma, Yen Tze Fei Fu.

It goes like this.

Sai Ong found a horse. He rejoiced in his good forturne and brought it back home in the village.

He was proud of that horse, and his son love riding on the horse. One day, he fell from the horse and broke his leg and became a cripple.

Sai Ong cursed his horse for without the horse, his son would not be crippled.

Then the country went to war on orders of the King. All able body males had to go to fight.

Sai Ong blessed his horse. Since his son was crippled, he need not had to fight.

It was a short war. The king was victorious and all the men in the village came back with riches and honor.

Sai ong cursed his horse as it crippled his son who was not coming back from the war with riches and honor.

I thought the IChing only give insight into a window of time, or at best, 2 windows of time. To avoid the bad luck, which might well be a precursor of good luck to come. I thought what was the point then.

I stopped asking for myself.

But I used that for friends. Until a day a friend asked me to divine for him. A question he felt too personal to tell me. I cast the yarrow stalks and constructed the hexagram for him. His face turned white on that set and the moving lines and my intepretations for him. He told me what I did was so accurate that he got scared. I was not scared as I knew how that would work regardless if you believed in the I Ching or not.

That was the very last use of the I Ching, and about 16 years ago.

I never lost my respect for the I Ching. It is just my choice not to enquire of the I Ching regardless of the worries I have whether personally or of our Earth.

I figured we moved past the tipping point and nothing the I Ching can do to point the way out.

I want my life to unfold for me the way it would without me doing second guesses.

We should just go max our remaining happiness and min aggro to ourselves or to others

Idiot on the Path

aka

Shanlung

山 龍

Mountain Dragon

http://shanlung.com/

This really amazing. You are very talnted I am more awe struck that something like the I Ching can be painted so beautifully. I really really enjoy it. I see you mention posters....keep me in the loop because I would def purchase one.

• Like 1

This really amazing. You are very talnted I am more awe struck that something like the I Ching can be painted so beautifully. I really really enjoy it. I see you mention posters....keep me in the loop because I would def purchase one.

Thanks

Hello mYTHmAKER

I have just discovered this thread. Thank you for sharing your artistic work with us.

I really resonate with the painting corresponding to Hex. 57

Thanks

Edited by bubbles

I realize this isn't exactly the point of this thread, but I was wondering if anyone does or knows of a qigong practice to balance yin and yang. I've found the organ meditations to be effective for the five elements. What about yin and yang?

I realize this isn't exactly the point of this thread, but I was wondering if anyone does or knows of a qigong practice to balance yin and yang. I've found the organ meditations to be effective for the five elements. What about yin and yang?

To clarify this, Yin and Yang are just a concept rather than a thing. FYI Yin is like something that was lack of, when the lack of something was fulfilled, then it was said that the Yin becomes Yang.

Edited by ChiDragon

Well duh

you could have started your own thread

or found an appropriate place to post

To clarify this, Yin and Yang are just a concept rather than a thing. FYI Yin is like something that was lack of, when the lack of something was fulfilled, then it was said that the Yin becomes Yang.

and we can always count on Chi Dragon ..................

with that said the purpose of this topic is to show my paintings.

The one good thing is that the topic has been bumped up.

it is good this thread (your paintings) got bumped and the newer bums made aware and may view them.

i dont mind taking another look myself.

• Like 1

Interesting that if someone mentions that they like your work they can also go unscathed even though they also went off topic.

The forum that you posted this thread in is called Taoist discussion and the thread is called Yin Yang and the ten thousand things. Givven those facts, what exactly did you expect people to talk abouut? Maybe this thread should be moved to an appropriate location.

I will say that you seem to be a talented design technician. The fact that you hop on anyone who didnt first mention how they like your paintings but instead started discussing the concept implied by the title and the "taoist discussion forum" is why I say design technician instead of artist.

Personally I dont find that art design creativity and talent are all parts of the same hole. You don't need to be talented to be an artist, but creativity is a key element.

Instead of expressing a narrow over technical mind, you could have taken the oppurtunity to discuss the connection from the title which implies the generative force of the universe and the creation of the forless elements of existance whos interplay created form from nonexistance to your paintings?

Does the title of the thread have anything to do with your paintings? If so why not discuss that instead of telling others to start a new thread? Why not just relate what they were saying and asking to your work if the thread title has any relation to the paintings? Or are you just trying to get your stuff associated with a Taoist image?

So far Im feeling that its just image because not only do I not see the connection to your stuff and the primordial composites of non-existance and the creative forces issuig forth.from and of their/its interplay/inversion, but I dont feel like your expression, verbal or artistic represent an understanding of Tao simply because of your lack of accomidations and the nerve of actually suggesting that your viewers go do something (start another thread (of the same title?).

I dont recall reading a disclaimer in the OP where in you explained that this confusingly titled thread and misplaced location in the "taoist discussion" forum is actually for the sake of focussing on you...or maybe I just missed it

Not sure if this is what you're looking for dmattwads, but have you done Kan and Li? It creates a very harmonious energy, neither yin nor yang. With all the other work you've been doing I suspect it would be very powerful for you. It's been awhile since I practiced, but my sense is that if you're personal energies are unbalanced you could always borrow from the energies of nature to get the right mix before "cooking" the energies together...ie add in a little volcano fire or a peaceful flowing stream as needed.